PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Should pro sports be allowed to bend the rules on an individual basis?

big daddy russ
12-18-2006, 04:26 PM
This weekend, some of us saw a UFC match at Madison Square Garden. Crazy that the ticket stub said "Knicks vs. Nuggets."

Meanwhile, DeAngelo Hall was heard singing some B.J. Thomas last night. "Raindrops keep falling on my head." While Sean Taylor and a couple others have been fined for spitting before, nobody's received the $35K hammer that came down on T.O., and some people have even called for a one-game suspension.

Some of the guys involved in this weekend's episode of "Days of Our Lives" (Terrell, Mardy Colling) have a little baggage following them around. Others (Nate Robinson) have been model citizens to this point.

So I've got a simple question for everyone on the board, should the NBA, NFL, etc. be allowed to change a pre-established punishment depending on the player?

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 04:40 PM
If they are a 1st time offender...the fine should be consistent across the board. Say this was the 8th time that TO had been fined by the league...then I would expect his fine to be larger than that of a 1st time offender.

g$$
12-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
If they are a 1st time offender...the fine should be consistent across the board. Say this was the 8th time that TO had been fined by the league...then I would expect his fine to be larger than that of a 1st time offender.

Well said. TO has made his bed & now he must lie in it. He brings it ALL on himself.

3afan
12-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Well said. TO has made his bed & now he must lie in it. He brings it ALL on himself.

yep