PDA

View Full Version : I hate the NFL Network televising games

TheDOCTORdre
12-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Well I've sat by and kept my mouth shut when it comes to this subject, but I don't think I can keep quiet anymore. Sure I was upset when the NFL Network decided they were going to take 8 games towards the end of the season and broadcast them on their network, nonetheless I just held my peace and said nothig at all. Yes they've tooken key games in divisional races such as the Baltimore-Cincy game, and San Fran- Seattle gaem, and the Thanksgiving Denver- KC game. They even took a game from my beloved Cowboys and their game with playoof implications against the Falcons and aired it on the Network, and I didnt complain.(Thank God for my good ole radio so I could pick up the game.) But as I watched the Sunday Night game on NBC between the Chargers and the Chiefs, I can be silent no more. WHat happened you asked that got me to thinking like this can be attributed to a commercial I caught for this Thursday Nights game on the NFL Network, between the Minnesota Vikings and the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field. The commercial drew out the sentimental side of me and I begin to think. If you havent seen the commercial it shows shots of Farve at Lambeau with a little songs playing in the back round, to the effect of "This could be the last time" implying that this could be Farves last game in Green Bay. As tears came to my eyes as I saw a shot of Farve doing the traditional Lambeau leap and the text came on the screen of "The Last Leap" I knew that the NFL Network was stealing a way the chance for me to see this historic moment, and I am not even a Green Bay fan. Then I began to wonder what of the Green Bay fans? No doubt, there will be countless Packer fans who will not get to see what could be Farves last game in Breen Bay because the NFL Network is only available in select locations across the United States. And then I began to wonder what else could the NFL steal from us? What if a record is set on a NFL network game and we miss that because we do not have access to the NEtwork, or what if a game key to the playoff picture is played in the last week of the season on the regualr season? Is all this fair? What could happen next, maybe they will take the wild card playoff games to the NFL Network, and then will we be more worried when that happens? We need to realize what is happening now before the NFL Network steals some special moments like what could be happening this Thursday Night in Green Bay Wisconsin.

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 03:58 PM
As much moaning and groaning and complaining I do about my rinky dink cable company......they DO provide us with the NFL network!!:clap:

DaHop72
12-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Can you say DirectTV?:D

3afan
12-18-2006, 04:05 PM
our local cable company does not have NFL Network .... blah

I read the NFL charges $140 million to the cable companies ..... good reason not to have it I guess

LitanyofFury
12-18-2006, 04:06 PM
It sucks.

/signed

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
our local cable company does not have NFL Network .... blah

I read the NFL charges $140 million to the cable companies ..... good reason not to have it I guess

and the cable companies want to treat the NFL Network as an ultra premium channel and make it available either by subscription ($20+/month) or by you subscribing to their highest tier of programming. It's an ugly debate indeed...

Phil C
12-18-2006, 04:34 PM
JUST LISTEN TO THE GAMES ON THE RADIO!

:mad:

Highschoolfan78
12-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
JUST LISTEN TO THE GAMES ON THE RADIO!

:mad:

Phil is right. Television is over-rated and was a horrible invention.:D jk.. Can't listen to surviver on the radio

g$$
12-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Since Dish & Direct TV have it, the NFL Network is forcing the cable companies' hand. All the uproar will eventually result in a settlement, just like ESPN did with ESPN 2, etc. It will be worked out in time on the $$ they charge the cable operators.

But it does stink now no doubt. Good strategy by the NFL Network to bring the issue to the forefront.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-18-2006, 05:05 PM
400 million is what NFL network wanted Time Warner to pay. TW want to add it but customers had to pay additional $9 for it. NFL network said no it needs to be in the basic package with no charge. so thats what they fighting over NFL network wants money from TW and TW cant get it back by charging it to the customers

Emerson1
12-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Nothing like hearing that Gumble guy say, "Romo barely got the ball of before the shot clock expired."

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Can you say DirectTV?:D
I can....and watch it too. ;)

g$$
12-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Well I've sat by and kept my mouth shut when it comes to this subject, but I don't think I can keep quiet anymore. Sure I was upset when the NFL Network decided they were going to take 8 games towards the end of the season and broadcast them on their network, nonetheless I just held my peace and said nothig at all. Yes they've tooken key games in divisional races such as the Baltimore-Cincy game, and San Fran- Seattle gaem, and the Thanksgiving Denver- KC game. They even took a game from my beloved Cowboys and their game with playoof implications against the Falcons and aired it on the Network, and I didnt complain.(Thank God for my good ole radio so I could pick up the game.) But as I watched the Sunday Night game on NBC between the Chargers and the Chiefs, I can be silent no more. WHat happened you asked that got me to thinking like this can be attributed to a commercial I caught for this Thursday Nights game on the NFL Network, between the Minnesota Vikings and the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field. The commercial drew out the sentimental side of me and I begin to think. If you havent seen the commercial it shows shots of Farve at Lambeau with a little songs playing in the back round, to the effect of "This could be the last time" implying that this could be Farves last game in Green Bay. As tears came to my eyes as I saw a shot of Farve doing the traditional Lambeau leap and the text came on the screen of "The Last Leap" I knew that the NFL Network was stealing a way the chance for me to see this historic moment, and I am not even a Green Bay fan. Then I began to wonder what of the Green Bay fans? No doubt, there will be countless Packer fans who will not get to see what could be Farves last game in Breen Bay because the NFL Network is only available in select locations across the United States. And then I began to wonder what else could the NFL steal from us? What if a record is set on a NFL network game and we miss that because we do not have access to the NEtwork, or what if a game key to the playoff picture is played in the last week of the season on the regualr season? Is all this fair? What could happen next, maybe they will take the wild card playoff games to the NFL Network, and then will we be more worried when that happens? We need to realize what is happening now before the NFL Network steals some special moments like what could be happening this Thursday Night in Green Bay Wisconsin.

Solution for now = go to Sports Bar unfortunately

SintonFan_inAustin
12-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I can....and watch it too. ;) would the Sling box work on that. place it ur house and i see it at mine thru the sling box into my tv. is that how that works:)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
would the Sling box work on that. place it ur house and i see it at mine thru the sling box into my tv. is that how that works:)
Look, you can get DirecTV and a lot more channels for cheaper than you can get cable. DirecTV is simple better, and if any of you want more details, I will be more than willing to help you out in your quest. :D

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Look, you can get DirecTV and a lot more channels for cheaper than you can get cable. DirecTV is simple better, and if any of you want more details, I will be more than willing to help you out in your quest. :D

and DISH is even better than that!!! ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-18-2006, 05:20 PM
i had Direct TV in Sinton but moved to Corpus Christi and went with Time Warner because of RoadRunner, i miss the sunday ticket and MLB package.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
and DISH is even better than that!!! ;)
They are actually the same price. I don't know if Dish has better service or not, but we have had DirecTV for several years now and have had no problems with customer service.

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 05:21 PM
I have cable..it doesn't have nearly the channels I could get with Direct TV...but Direct TV can't beat the price I pay either.

I don't understand why people's cable bills would go up....all I have is basic cable and my bill didn't go up when they added the "NFL Network"

If a small, privately owned cable company that services the Greenwood area and a small area outside of Odessa can do it, I can't believe the BIG cable companies are griping about it!!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have cable..it doesn't have nearly the channels I could get with Direct TV...but Direct TV can't beat the price I pay either.

I don't understand why people's cable bills would go up....all I have is basic cable and my bill didn't go up when they added the "NFL Network"

If a small, privately owned cable company that services the Greenwood area and a small area outside of Odessa can do it, I can't believe the BIG cable companies are griping about it!! They must have gotten a better deal to carry it than Time Warner:)

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
They must have gotten a better deal to carry it than Time Warner:)

Or Time Warner just doesn't wanna spend any money for the benefit of its customers!

GreenMonster
12-18-2006, 05:58 PM
I have the NFL net so no worries for me about not being able to watch. My issue is with the ridiculously pathetic announcers, sideline reporters, and even the stinkin camera guys. It is a poor effort of covering a football game. Yeah they have big names and state of the art equipment but if you don't know what the hell you're doing none of that matters. The studio show is pretty decent just not as good as ESPN's or FOX. Mariuchi knows his stuff but Deon is so busy spewing his garbage that Mooch barely gets a word in edgewise. The NFL should be able to put on a better show than what they currently are. Hopefully they will figure it out and hire some dudes that know what's going on and get rid of the loudmouths and the football morons (Gumble) and make a really good football show.