PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens Fined $35,000!!!!

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 03:02 PM
WOW!

TheDOCTORdre
12-18-2006, 03:03 PM
and no suspension

pirate4state
Originally posted by Tiger WR
WOW!

that's it?? Link? Suspension??

VanKampen
no one has been suspended for spitting.

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
that's it?? Link? Suspension?? No suspension...I just heard it on ESPN. This is double the fine that Sean Taylor got a couple of years ago which was $17,500.

pirate4state
12-18-2006, 03:06 PM
As long as he wasn't suspended. I didn't even see what happened. Of course, we were all outside drinking & sharing Halloween stories!! :D :D

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Nobody did. It was not caught on film and I would expect Terrell to appeal this fine or get it lessened by an arbitrator or something.

luvhoops34
12-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Terrell can afford it....:clap:

Blastoderm55
12-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Figured it'd be harsher, especially the way the Fox crew described the incident. Ditka thought TO deserved to have his face rearranged. :eek:

3afan
12-18-2006, 03:10 PM
that's it?? Link? Suspension??

DALLAS MORNING NEWS SPORTS ALERT
Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens has been fined $35,000 by the NFL for spitting in the face of Falcons cornerback D'Angelo Hall.
Details to come

3afan
12-18-2006, 03:17 PM
T.O. fined $35,000 for spitting
02:14 PM CST on Monday, December 18, 2006
Associated Press

NEW YORK – Terrell Owens was fined $35,000 by the NFL on Monday for spitting in the face of Atlanta's D'Angelo Hall during Saturday night's Cowboys-Falcons game.

The flamboyant Dallas receiver was not suspended.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello announced the fine, which came after Hall knocked Owens out of bounds on a pass play during Dallas' 38-28 win.

"I got frustrated and I apologize for that," Owens told the NFL Network after the game. "It was a situation where he kept bugging me and getting in my face."

If the officials had seen Owens spitting, he would have been ejected from the game under NFL rules.

During a playoff game last season, Washington's Sean Taylor was kicked out of a game for spitting at Tampa Bay's Michael Pittman. Taylor was later fined $17,000.

Phil C
12-18-2006, 03:22 PM
IT SHOULD HAVE JUST BEEN $3,500!!

:mad:

3afan
12-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
IT SHOULD HAVE JUST BEEN $3,500!!

:mad:

should have been at least $50K

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
should have been at least $50K No...

TheDOCTORdre
12-18-2006, 03:27 PM
he should get 10k knocked off for coming clean with it

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Why should he be fined that much money when Sean Taylor(who was caught on film) got fined 17,500 for the same offense. Terrell could have denied this but he came clean. I guess it is because he is Terrell Owens.

3afan
12-18-2006, 03:29 PM
it should be an automatic 1 game pay - how's that?

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 03:30 PM
it should be an automatic 1 game pay - how's that? Isn't one game pay like around 100,000?:thinking: I guess it depends on the player right? I don't know

3afan
12-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Isn't one game pay like around 100,000?:thinking: I guess it depends on the player right? I don't know

dont matter - whatever the players pay is for 1 game - thats the fine for spitting on an opponent - thats a good solution IMO

i'll call the NFL and tell them ...

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 03:35 PM
dont matter - whatever the players pay is for 1 game - thats the fine for spitting on an opponent - thats a good solution IMO

i'll call the NFL and tell them ... Yea I'll hit Terrell up on the 2way and see what he wants to do about it and thinks about it.

g$$
12-18-2006, 04:02 PM
T.O. fined $35,000 for spitting
02:14 PM CST on Monday, December 18, 2006
Associated Press

"I got frustrated and I apologize for that," Owens told the NFL Network after the game. "It was a situation where he kept bugging me and getting in my face."

TO, man what a guy. He got mad because both were jawing at each other so he spit in another man's face. Wow, some of you need to take off the Cowboy blinders & see this childish idiot for the disgrace he truly is. Would Roger Staubach, Bob Lilly, Randy White, Calvin Hill, Troy Aikman, or others who have proudly worn the silver & blue stoop so low?

There's a reason he is with his 3rd team in the past 5 years, & it has nothing to do with his ability on the field. It has everything to do with his tired act & ME first attitude.

TO seriously needs psychological medical attention. But hey, he has $25 million reasons to live according to his quack publicist.

g$$
12-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Why should he be fined that much money when Sean Taylor(who was caught on film) got fined 17,500 for the same offense. Terrell could have denied this but he came clean. I guess it is because he is Terrell Owens.

Are you praising him for saying he did it AFTER D. Hall came forward with the truth? Get a grip Tiger WR, my goodness.

Game checks are based on that player's salary divided by 16 games. Every player is different.

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 04:07 PM
So....if the refs didn't see it and the media didn't see it....how did they know?

Did the other guy tattle??

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So....if the refs didn't see it and the media didn't see it....how did they know?

Did the other guy tattle?? Yes....and Terrell admitted it and apologized right after the game

LitanyofFury
12-18-2006, 04:09 PM
I hate the NBA and basketball. Most of those guys are a bunch of thugs. Still, the NBA actually deals with its players when they screw up. They SUSPEND THEM for a LARGE AMOUNT OF GAMES. This A) hurts their pocketbook, B) hurts their image, C) hurts their stats, etc.

However, the NFL just fines its players and they don't even do a good job of it. Ok. . .you spit on a guy. . .we're gonna fine you $35,000 which is basically like pocket change to you. I mean, of COURSE Terrell Owens is going to admit it. Why wouldn't he? He likes the attention and the fine doesn't mean jack to him.

g$$
12-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Did the other guy tattle??

DeAngelo Hall told the media after the game, & it went from there. How would you feel if someone spit in your face? I would not be happy for sure, & a fight would have resulted, I promise you that.

Pathetic excuse for a man is Terrell Owens. Spitting in someone's face is more degrading than punching him. I bet the NFL puts in a rule after the season resulting in an automatic suspension if this occurs in the future, & it can be proven of course.

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
I hate the NBA and basketball. Most of those guys are a bunch of thugs. Still, the NBA actually deals with its players when they screw up. They SUSPEND THEM for a LARGE AMOUNT OF GAMES. This A) hurts their pocketbook, B) hurts their image, C) hurts their stats, etc.
The NBA can suspend players longer because the season is longer. The NFL season is 17 weeks.

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by g$$
DeAngelo Hall told the media after the game, & it went from there. How would you feel if someone spit in your face? I would not be happy for sure, & a fight would have resulted, I promise you that.

Pathetic excuse for a man is Terrell Owens. Spitting in someone's face is more degrading than punching him. I bet the NFL puts in a rule after the season resulting in an automatic suspension if this occurs in the future, & it can be proven of course.

Okay...I just wondered because I didn't see it happen and my husband who didn't miss a play didn't say anything either!

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 04:13 PM
spat means spitted...

LitanyofFury
12-18-2006, 04:22 PM
The NBA can suspend players longer because the season is longer. The NFL season is 17 weeks.

Yeah, but the only thing the NFL really ever suspends anyone for is steroid use.....

Albert Haynesworth got suspended because he almost put out a guy's eye, but that's it.

BullFrog Dad
12-18-2006, 04:29 PM
It's funny how people get upset over TO that spits on a player and years ago dishonored the Cowboy star. On the other hand they write-off a 3A team that spits on the other team's midfield logo as a pre-game tradition.

Phil C
12-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
It's funny how people get upset over TO that spits on a player and years ago dishonored the Cowboy star. On the other hand they write-off a 3A team that spits on the other team's midfield logo as a pre-game tradition.

Now let's get into a more forgiving spirit there Bull! After all Christmas is coming!

3afan
12-18-2006, 04:33 PM

no comparison IMO .....

spitting on painted grass - blah ... bad sporsmanship yes, but no comparison to spitting in someone's face

Bandera YaYa
12-18-2006, 05:12 PM
It's funny how people get upset over TO that spits on a player and years ago dishonored the Cowboy star. On the other hand they write-off a 3A team that spits on the other team's midfield logo as a pre-game tradition. ..... I take a serious stand on things I feel strongly about...and spitting on some grass with a pic on it is hardly comparable....that's more like stealing a mascot or lighting someone's bon fire....

Blastoderm55
12-18-2006, 05:55 PM
So will this go down in history as the most expensive loogie ever? :p

stxfootballfan
12-18-2006, 07:44 PM
From DallasCowbys.com

"However, Hall hasn't exactly been the poster boy for good behavior, either.

The third-year cornerback, who went to the Pro Bowl last year and won the NFL's Fastest Man competition in Hawaii this past February, has had his share of run-ins with players this season, including several Saturday night.

Aside from his game-long trash-talking battle with Owens, Hall had several questionable hits that flirted near the late-hit variety. Cowboys tackle Marc Colombo and Falcons defensive end Paul Carrington were both flagged for off-setting personal foul penalties on an extra point following a Cowboys touchdown in the third quarter. But it was Hall who actually started the skirmish, diving into Colombo's legs during the attempt and setting off the Cowboys' starting right tackle. And it was Hall who had to be restrained on the sidelines and had lengthy discussion with Falcons head coach Jim Mora Jr.

Earlier this season, Hall was called out by Lions center Dominic Raiola, who apparently had seen enough after Hall went after Lions quarterback John Kitna, who was already engaged in a fight with another player during a Nov. 5 game in Detroit.

"I wish I had been closer to the play, because I would have loved to take DeAngelo Hall's head off," Raiola said. "I promise that if I see him on the field again, I'll try to take his head off. I don't care if it is 10 or 15 years from now, and we're playing for different teams -- I'll try to get him. He's a cheap-shot artist -- he tried to hurt (Bengals RB) Rudi Johnson last week -- and that was a cheap shot. You don't go after a guy's head."

Three weeks later, Hall was flagged for a personal foul after giving up a 76-yard touchdown pass to New Orleans wide receiver Devery Henderson on the third play from scrimmage. After getting burned on the play, Hall dragged Henderson down eight yards into the end zone from behind in the "horse collar" technique."

3afan
12-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
From DallasCowbys.com

"However, Hall hasn't exactly been the poster boy for good behavior, either.

The third-year cornerback, who went to the Pro Bowl last year and won the NFL's Fastest Man competition in Hawaii this past February, has had his share of run-ins with players this season, including several Saturday night.

Aside from his game-long trash-talking battle with Owens, Hall had several questionable hits that flirted near the late-hit variety. Cowboys tackle Marc Colombo and Falcons defensive end Paul Carrington were both flagged for off-setting personal foul penalties on an extra point following a Cowboys touchdown in the third quarter. But it was Hall who actually started the skirmish, diving into Colombo's legs during the attempt and setting off the Cowboys' starting right tackle. And it was Hall who had to be restrained on the sidelines and had lengthy discussion with Falcons head coach Jim Mora Jr.

Earlier this season, Hall was called out by Lions center Dominic Raiola, who apparently had seen enough after Hall went after Lions quarterback John Kitna, who was already engaged in a fight with another player during a Nov. 5 game in Detroit.

"I wish I had been closer to the play, because I would have loved to take DeAngelo Hall's head off," Raiola said. "I promise that if I see him on the field again, I'll try to take his head off. I don't care if it is 10 or 15 years from now, and we're playing for different teams -- I'll try to get him. He's a cheap-shot artist -- he tried to hurt (Bengals RB) Rudi Johnson last week -- and that was a cheap shot. You don't go after a guy's head."

Three weeks later, Hall was flagged for a personal foul after giving up a 76-yard touchdown pass to New Orleans wide receiver Devery Henderson on the third play from scrimmage. After getting burned on the play, Hall dragged Henderson down eight yards into the end zone from behind in the "horse collar" technique."

irrelevant to TO spitting in his face ............

bandera7
12-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Alright, I just dont understand many of you on this board. Terrell Owens spit on him. Yes, that is not right. He came clean on it. There would have been more publicity had he denied it, so the whole publicity stunt is out the window. That makes no sense. And 35,000 isnt enough? When the fine has been smaller in the past? Get off of your We Hate TO Bandwagon.

g$$
12-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Alright, I just dont understand many of you on this board. Terrell Owens spit on him. Yes, that is not right. He came clean on it. There would have been more publicity had he denied it, so the whole publicity stunt is out the window. That makes no sense. And 35,000 isnt enough? When the fine has been smaller in the past? Get off of your We Hate TO Bandwagon.

TO has brought it all on himself thru years of this kind of stuff. His "me first" attitude has rubbed many of us wrong for the last time. That being said, D. Hall is not much better.

So I will glady drive the bus for the We Hate TO Bandwagon, thanks. He represents everything that is wrong with pro sports, unless you are a blinded Cowboys fan at the moment.

stxfootballfan
12-18-2006, 07:58 PM
irrelevant to TO spitting in his face ............

Guess I should of put FYI at the beginning of the post and not hey this excuses TO for spitting in Halls face

stxfootballfan
12-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
TO has brought it all on himself thru years of this kind of stuff. His "me first" attitude has rubbed many of us wrong for the last time. That being said, D. Hall is not much better.

So I will glady drive the bus for the We Hate TO Bandwagon, thanks. He represents everything that is wrong with pro sports, unless you are a blinded Cowboys fan at the moment.

Im a HUGE Cowboys fan and I cant stand his little TO celebration after his TDs, and I cant stand going to HS football games and watching the kids do this Hey everyone look at what I just did celebration! It all starts with the parents and coaches if you dont allow your kids to do it then they wont.

slpybear the bullfan
12-18-2006, 08:14 PM
I don't think anyone will get off the Hatin' TO bandwagon... its kind of like the Hatin' JJ bandwagon. I personally don't like TO, but I still find some admirable qualities in him. People will hate on JJ or TO, no matter what good things they will do.

In this particular case, TO was called out on it, he admitted it, and I didn't see anything in the stories about him appealing the fine. Bottom line, he got mad about someone jawing on him... and he made a bad decision. So have other players.... some of which have actually been caught.

Bad decision? Yup. Do I think he is Hitler because of this? (or goofy TD celebrations, sleeping in meetings, taking too many pills, having a stupid publicist, or calling out teamates?) Nope. He is just another overpaid athelete that does amazing things with his talent, but isn't smart enought to know how to act. We have a ton of those in the NFL, NBA, MLs, etc.

slpybear the bullfan
12-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Everything wrong with PRO sports? ROFLMAO@U.

Yup, he is into illegal drugs, fights all the time, crams waaaay too much adverts in our face and is manipulating prices for fans so he can gouge them more and more and more and more. :rolleyes: Whatever...

Give me a break... I don't like TO. But I am laughing hard at all the overreaction re:TO.

mustang04
12-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

Yup, he is into illegal drugs, fights all the time, crams waaaay too much adverts in our face and is manipulating prices for fans so he can gouge them more and more and more and more. :rolleyes: Whatever...

Give me a break... I don't like TO. But I am laughing hard at all the overreaction re:TO.

i agree.....too many people think he is THAT bad....yes he does a few things that can be aggravating....now, spitting in a man's face...if someone did that to me they would be punched right there on the spot, but i promise you D' Hall probably gave TO enough motivation to do this

bandera7
12-18-2006, 08:31 PM
thank you, slpybear. He is not what is wrong with sports. And I am not a blind cowboys fan. Truth be told, I hate the cowboys. I am an Eagles fan. But I love Terrell Owens, and the things he can do with the ball. And his attitude helps him to be able to do those things on the field. And the management of sports is what is the matter with them, not the players.

Bandera YaYa
12-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Alright, I just dont understand many of you on this board. Terrell Owens spit on him. Yes, that is not right. He came clean on it. There would have been more publicity had he denied it, so the whole publicity stunt is out the window. That makes no sense. And 35,000 isnt enough? When the fine has been smaller in the past? Get off of your We Hate TO Bandwagon. I think I will always have to be on the "I dislike TO" bandwagon....sorry neighbor!!!! I just don't believe his ability to catch a football and run outweighs his character. I find it sad you young men still defend someone like him. I think the fine was LARGER this time, as so to REMIND those who feel the need to act unprofessional. Maybe if the team organization is fined for a employee's actions, like we just saw in the NBA, instead of a coach turning a deaf ear, this kind of behavior won't be as comman....just a thought. :( :( :thinking:

Bandera YaYa
12-18-2006, 10:09 PM
I guess I missed this post....but you like his attitude???? I had to re-read that ......I just knew I was reading it wrong!!! Bandera7....you worry me!!! :eek: :D :D ;)

g$$
12-19-2006, 12:36 AM

It is a combination of many things all driven by $$ & exorbitant contracts. TO is a product of the system in place. Have you worked in pro sports? Well, I have, so I am entitled to my opinion too from an educated perspective. You can swing from his jock all day & worship his being all you want. I will NEVER like the guy, his attitude, his tired act, his celebrations, his drama, his press conferences, his anything. I respect his abilities as a football player. I was taught team comes 1st when I played- I don't think TO got that memo growing up.

Spitting in someone's face is the most degrading thing you can do to a person. Face it, he is a poor excuse for a man & never grew up because he can run & jump & catch an oblong ball. He has handlers that take care of him. No one loves sports more than I do, but people like this guy just disgust me. To make excuses for him is just appalling for anyone of character.

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 12:36 AM
Terrell leads the league in touchdown receptions

g$$
12-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Terrell leads the league in touchdown receptions

And dropped passes on the year too (15) for the whole league. Now JJ has become his spokesman too about his hurt finger/tendon problem. If you continue to play, no excuses. Otherwise, have the surgery & shut it down.

I thought someone had 12 TD receptions & TO had 11?

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by g$$
And dropped passes on the year too (15) for the whole league. Now JJ has become his spokeman too about his hurt finger/tendon problem. If you continue to play, no excuses. Otherwise, have the surgery & shut it down.

I thought someone had 12 TD receptions & TO had 11? lame.....why have surgery and end your season when your team is in the thick of a playoff run and what not. That comment made no sense at all. It would be different if it was like a ACL or an achilles

g$$
12-19-2006, 12:48 AM
lame.....why have surgery and end your season when your team is in the thick of a playoff run and what not. That comment made no sense at all. It would be different if it was like a ACL or an achilles

All I am saying is quit talking about it & giving yourself an out for every drop. If not, then just shut your mouth & play. You think he is the only guy in the league banged up after 14 games? Give me a break.

Making excuses for him is what is LAME.

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by g$$
All I am saying is quit talking about it & giving yourself an out for every drop. If not, then just shut your mouth & play. You think he is the only guy in the league banged up after 14 games? Give me a break.

Making excuses for him is what is LAME. The media asked him and brought it up he talked about it BIG FREAKING DEAL!

g$$
12-19-2006, 12:55 AM
The media asked him and brought it up he talked about it BIG FREAKING DEAL!

No, his keeper JJ talked about it to the media. Just shocking huh? TO & the media. Wow! It's all about him.

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by g$$
No, his keeper JJ talked about it to the media. Just shocking huh? TO & the media. Wow! It's all about him. After the game Saturday night they were interviewing him and asked him about his finger he talked about it and told them the story. The he apologized for spitting.

g$$
12-19-2006, 12:58 AM
After the game Saturday night they were interviewing him and asked him about his finger he talked about it and told them the story. The he apologized for spitting.

Then JJ cried to the press about the reason for him leading the league in drops yesterday. I just hurt inside for him, I really do!

JJ = TO = match made in heaven of egomaniacs

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Then JJ cried to the press about the reason for him leading the league in drops yesterday. I just hurt inside for him, I really do!

JJ = TO = match made in heaven of egomaniacs That was yesterday this was saturday....

The MEDIA brought it up first.

Everyone in the NFL is an egomaniac.

g$$
12-19-2006, 04:24 AM
That was yesterday this was saturday....

The MEDIA brought it up first.

Everyone in the NFL is an egomaniac.

What are you, TO's new publicist/handler/spin doctor? And you are wrong, not everybody in the NFL is an egomaniac. Yes, all successful people have some ego that drives them to succeed. But to say ALL are egomaniacs is just inaccurate (certainly some are in every profession, but not all).

Are all good doctors egomaniacs? NO
Are all good lawyers egomaniacs? NO
Are all good teachers/coaches/or whatever egomanics? NO

Not "ALL" successful people I have ever known fake suicides, spit on others, question teammates sexuality aloud, stage press conferences while doing sit-ups, fall asleep at work, put themselves in front of the group's common goal, etc. You are generalizing to the nth degree & that is nothing except inaccurate. Quit defending the clown & call it what it is.

Have you ever stopped to wonder why TO is with his 3rd team in 5 years? Think he might wear out his welcome pretty quickly? Think he might be a distraction? Thought so...

Darren
12-19-2006, 08:50 AM
He deserves it.....Although he might not be able to buy enough pills to do the job now.

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by g$$
What are you, TO's new publicist/handler/spin doctor? And you are wrong, not everybody in the NFL is an egomaniac. Yes, all successful people have some ego that drives them to succeed. But to say ALL are egomaniacs is just inaccurate (certainly some are in every profession, but not all).

Are all good doctors egomaniacs? NO
Are all good lawyers egomaniacs? NO
Are all good teachers/coaches/or whatever egomanics? NO

Not "ALL" successful people I have ever known fake suicides, spit on others, question teammates sexuality aloud, stage press conferences while doing sit-ups, fall asleep at work, put themselves in front of the group's common goal, etc. You are generalizing to the nth degree & that is nothing except inaccurate. Quit defending the clown & call it what it is.

Have you ever stopped to wonder why TO is with his 3rd team in 5 years? Think he might wear out his welcome pretty quickly? Think he might be a distraction? Thought so... You are one of them guys who watch shows like 1st and 10 and PTI right and go by what they say...:thinking:

Athletes are egomaniacs, all of them

g$$
12-19-2006, 09:00 AM
You are one of them guys who watch shows like 1st and 10 and PTI right and go by what they say...:thinking:

Athletes are egomaniacs, all of them

Hey Hoss, I form my own opinions, so cut that crap right here & now. I don't even know what show 1st & 10 even is. I have seen PTI a few times. Don't tell me what I do when you don't even have the cajones to meet me at a game.

You better back off that rhetoric ASAP. Go be TO's "handler" & take someone's BP, ok? If you think that about me, then you are a bigger idiot than I thought.

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Hey Hoss, I form my own opinions, so cut that crap right here & now. I don't even know what show 1st & 10 even is. I have seen PTI a few times. Don't tell me what I do when you don't even have the cajones to meet me at a game.

You better back off that rhetoric ASAP. Go be TO's "handler" & take someone's BP, ok? If you think that about me, then you are a bigger idiot than I thought. lol...is someone getting angry again :)

g$$
12-19-2006, 09:04 AM
lol...is someone getting angry again :)

Don't question my intelligence then. I may be a lot of things, but stupid or a copy cat clone are not on the list. Anything I post is straight from me & me only. If not, I list my source.

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Don't question my intelligence then. I may be a lot of things, but stupid or a copy cat clone are not on the list. Anything I post is straight from me & me only. If not, I list my source. okay well 'your' beliefs are that of every media outlet on TV right now

SintonFan_inAustin
12-19-2006, 01:23 PM
TO says he was just talking back and u know how some tend to spit by accident when they speak well that is what he says happen, it wasnt intentional. So stop saying it was bad character, how can u spit thru a helmet and not have some of it hanging on the bars. it was just a spit when was talking back to him:D

g$$
12-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
TO says he was just talking back and u know how some tend to spit by accident when they speak well that is what he says happen, it wasnt intentional. So stop saying it was bad character, how can u spit thru a helmet and not have some of it hanging on the bars. it was just a spit when was talking back to him:D

So you were there?

After the game, TO admitted he did it on the NFL Network & even apologized.

Now, with no film of the incident, he is back-tracking & wanting his fine reduced.

Lack of character? You bet, & what else would you expect from him? The guy is a walking/talking soap opera.

g$$
12-19-2006, 08:36 PM
okay well 'your' beliefs are that of every media outlet on TV right now

I form my opinions Tiger, right or wrong. I cannot help if other rational people you mention feel the same. I watch more than sports too, thanks. Defending that guy TO is absurd.

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by g$$
So you were there?

After the game, TO admitted he did it on the NFL Network & even apologized.

Now, with no film of the incident, he is back-tracking & wanting his fine reduced.

Lack of character? You bet, & what else would you expect from him? The guy is a walking/talking soap opera. Why should he be fined X ammount of dollars for the same incident that Taylor and Romonowski got fined half and a third less and they were caught on film doing it.

carter08
12-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Why should he be fined X ammount of dollars for the same incident that Taylor and Romonowski got fined half and a third less and they were caught on film doing it.

Because as time goes on, the price of the dollar decreases and it takes more to acheive the same amount

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Because as time goes on, the price of the dollar decreases and it takes more to acheive the same amount Taylor's incident was in 2004 in the playoffs....price of the dollar isn't going to go up 17,500 dollars in two years

g$$
12-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Why should he be fined X ammount of dollars for the same incident that Taylor and Romonowski got fined half and a third less and they were caught on film doing it.

Body of work, that's why.

He has brought this on himself again w/ repeated offenses. Evidently the NFL is tired of him too. Look up his record for fines by the NFL or his teams. That is why. This year alone he has been fined almost $70K.

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Body of work, that's why.

He has brought this on himself again w/ repeated offenses. Evidently the NFL is tired of him too. Look up his record for fines by the NFL or his teams. That is why. This year alone he has been fined almost $70K. lol...your a body of work...you're basically taking opinions of those on shows like 1st and 10 and PTI and cold pizza guys and stating that they are your opinions...what a piece of work

g$$
12-19-2006, 09:01 PM
lol...your a body of work...you're basically taking opinions of those on shows like 1st and 10 and PTI and cold pizza guys and stating that they are your opinions...what a piece of work

Listen you tool, I am not even home when those shows are on. Just b/c I am well-read & know my stuff don't take shots at me. I don't copy others, right or wrong. I am plenty smart enough to form my own opinions. I have worked in the business at the college & pro levels BTW. Have you? NO

Maybe you are talking to yourself...lie down & drink warm milk. Be happy!

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Tell me these TO incidents exclude Philly because he was in the wrong there...

g$$
12-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Tell me these TO incidents exclude Philly because he was in the wrong there...

When has he been in the right?

San Fran = no
Philly = no
Dallas = no

See the pattern? The guy can play, but he is a head case too.

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by g$$
When has he been in the right?

San Fran = no
Philly = no
Dallas = no

See the pattern? The guy can play, but he is a head case too. What has he done in Dallas???:thinking:

g$$
12-19-2006, 09:24 PM
What has he done in Dallas???:thinking:

I hope you're kidding.

Fake suicide/press conference
Sleeping in meetings
Spitting incident
Celebration fines
Argument with WR coach
Team fines
NFL fines
Missed 14 camp practices dressed as Lance Armstrong
= about $70K in fines this year

Is that enough?

slpybear the bullfan
12-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by g$$
It is a combination of many things all driven by $$ & exorbitant contracts. TO is a product of the system in place. Have you worked in pro sports? Well, I have, so I am entitled to my opinion too from an educated perspective. You can swing from his jock all day & worship his being all you want. I will NEVER like the guy, his attitude, his tired act, his celebrations, his drama, his press conferences, his anything. I respect his abilities as a football player. I was taught team comes 1st when I played- I don't think TO got that memo growing up.

Spitting in someone's face is the most degrading thing you can do to a person. Face it, he is a poor excuse for a man & never grew up because he can run & jump & catch an oblong ball. He has handlers that take care of him. No one loves sports more than I do, but people like this guy just disgust me. To make excuses for him is just appalling for anyone of character.

Not the most degrading thing you can do... cheap shot is worse, cleats to face, etc, etc. Spitting is just one notch worse than the language and things that are said out there. And I hate that trash talk as well, not condoning it.

I never said I liked the guy, but he is an incredible talent. I can respect that, his toughness, and still think he is an immature idiot. And Pro Sports is chock full of his kind... chased after with Dollar bills by a system that tolerates all the idiots so they can feed the ratings... that are given by fans that tend to forgive and forget.

TOs biggest problem? He never hired a manager to babysit and maintain his PR while helping him grow up.

Just my .02

slpybear the bullfan
12-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Darren
He deserves it.....Although he might not be able to buy enough pills to do the job now.

Are you suggesting he kill himself?

Wow... as I said earlier... I LOL at the overreaction...

slpybear the bullfan
12-20-2006, 12:13 AM
g$$,

BTW, I would love to hear what JJ has done to you that caused you to develop such a bad opinion.

9 out of 10 sports fans I know love him.
9 out of 10 non-sports fans hate him.

That has been my experience.

I think he has been pretty darn good... not just for team, but for league.

pirate4state
12-20-2006, 12:18 AM
Lordy, lordy...I just read through all this stuff. You people crack me up!!

Name dropping, I have done this & that & you haven't, blah, blah, blah....

Like TO gives a rats ass what any of you think!! LMAO!!!

He is spitting, laughing, sleeping, etc...all the way to the bank!! :thumbsup:

GO TO GO!!!

g$$
12-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Not the most degrading thing you can do... cheap shot is worse, cleats to face, etc, etc. Spitting is just one notch worse than the language and things that are said out there. And I hate that trash talk as well, not condoning it.

I never said I liked the guy, but he is an incredible talent. I can respect that, his toughness, and still think he is an immature idiot. And Pro Sports is chock full of his kind... chased after with Dollar bills by a system that tolerates all the idiots so they can feed the ratings... that are given by fans that tend to forgive and forget.

TOs biggest problem? He never hired a manager to babysit and maintain his PR while helping him grow up.

Just my .02

Good points, but I disagree on one thing. Spitting is the most degrading thing one can do to another. The stuff you mentioned is only physical, spitting touches other levels.

LitanyofFury
12-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Supposedly Deion Sanders, TO, and Hall hat a 3-way phone convo and sorted everything out. Makes me wonder if it wasn't more accidental than anything. T.O. isn't a good human being by any stretch of the imagination. . .but everything he does gets put under a microscope way more than any other sports figure.

g$$
12-20-2006, 05:04 PM
g$$,

BTW, I would love to hear what JJ has done to you that caused you to develop such a bad opinion.

9 out of 10 sports fans I know love him.
9 out of 10 non-sports fans hate him.

That has been my experience.

I think he has been pretty darn good... not just for team, but for league.

Well, I am certainly a sports fan who does not like him. Here are a few reasons I despise him, but I do admire him as a great businessman & visionary for the league.

- ego out of control
- goes down to sidelines frequently like he is a coach (not just after big wins)
- the way he handled Tom Landry & Tex Schramm
- 2nd coming of "just win baby" with no morals or scruples whatsoever (arrests, drugs, TO, etc.)
- defending TO's antics
- tarnishing the "America's Team" image thru his actions on & off the field
- the way he could not put his ego in check so J. Johnson left & the Cowboys have not been the same since
- loves to be on camera: he started the ESPN war room draft deal so he could act like he was making the picks
- hiring Barry Switzer
- etc.

Remember Duane Thomas & Hollywood Henderson? They were both trouble (& great players) & once it was obvious neither could be controlled, Landry got rid of both of them. Jones would never do that - winning comes before CLASS to him.

I just wish once & for all Jones would name himself HC & fall flat on his face. I know he played at Arkansas, but he is NOT a coach like he fancies himself to be.

g$$
12-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Supposedly Deion Sanders, TO, and Hall hat a 3-way phone convo and sorted everything out. Makes me wonder if it wasn't more accidental than anything. T.O. isn't a good human being by any stretch of the imagination. . .but everything he does gets put under a microscope way more than any other sports figure.

By choice - he lives to be in the spotlight. He made his bed & now must lie in it.

BTW, after the game on tv he ADMITTED he spit on Hall. It was not accidental.

LitanyofFury
12-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by g$$
By choice - he lives to be in the spotlight. He made his bed & now must lie in it.

BTW, after the game on tv he ADMITTED he spit on Hall. It was not accidental.

Yeah, and then he clarified it by saying while he did spit on Hall, it was accidental.

If I have a car accident with a person crossing the street I can tell the officer than I ran the person over. Doesn't mean I did it on purpose.

Seriously, I'm not trying to defend T.O., but so what if the guy lives to be in the spotlight? It doesn't make it right to automatically assume him guilty of everything that people accuse him of doing.

g$$
12-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah, and then he clarified it by saying while he did spit on Hall, it was accidental.

If I have a car accident with a person crossing the street I can tell the officer than I ran the person over. Doesn't mean I did it on purpose.

Seriously, I'm not trying to defend T.O., but so what if the guy lives to be in the spotlight? It doesn't make it right to automatically assume him guilty of everything that people accuse him of doing.

He changed his story after no one had film of it. He ADMITTED it after the game. Now he wants his fine reduced. What else would you expect from this clown?

Accidental saliva is one thing, but spitting intentionally is another. You have to want to spit on someone.

Old Tiger
12-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by g$$
He changed his story after no one had film of it. He ADMITTED it after the game. Now he wants his fine reduced. What else would you expect from this clown?

Accidental saliva is one thing, but spitting intentionally is another. You have to want to spit on someone. I believe camera's would have caught it if he hauked one.

slpybear the bullfan
12-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Well, I am certainly a sports fam who does not like him. Here are a few reasons I despise him, but I do admire him as a great businessman & visionary for the league.

- ego out of control
- goes down to sidelines frequently like he is a coach (not just after big wins)
- 2nd coming of "just win baby" with no morals or scruples whatsoever (arrests, drugs, TO, etc.)
- defending TO's antics
- the way he could not put his ego in check so J. Johnson left & the Cowboys have not been the same since
- loves to be on camera: he started the ESPN war room draft deal so he could act like he was making the picks
- hiring Barry Switzer
- etc.

Remember Duane Thomas & Hollywood Henderson? They were both trouble (& great players) & once it was obvious neither could be controlled, Landry got rid of both of them. Jones would never do that - winning comes before CLASS to him.

I just wish once & for all Jones would name himself HC & fall flat on his face. I know he played at Arkansas, but he is NOT a coach like he fancies himself to be.

I am very, very thankful that Jerry Jones owns the Cowboys. I think he has made many, many more good decisions than bad. The biggest he ever made? Realizing he could not coach from the owner's box and hired Parcells. No matter how it works out, that was a big move.

Be a Ranger's fan for a year. You will appreciate JJ.

I disagree with more than half your list, but in the end they are both just opinions....

GO COWBOYS!

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Well, I am certainly a sports fam who does not like him. Here are a few reasons I despise him, but I do admire him as a great businessman & visionary for the league.

- ego out of control
- defending TO's antics
- hiring Barry Switzer
- etc.

and once again how was he supposed to handle LAndry? Let him keep coaching even though the game had passed him by?

The arrests and drugs...Bad era for the Cowboys, of course the 70's Cowboys were pretty bad as well, but their was no internet and no espn, and the media back then were more team friendly and swept things under the rug

What exactly has Jones done off the field to tarnish the Cowboys image?

So Jones is at fault for his ego over the Jimmy Johnson situation, but Johnson's ego takes none of the blame?

Yep he started the war room...and Tom Benson started the owner going to field during game, yet that is funny cause he does dances.

Landry got rid of Henderson because his drug use was DURING the game and affected his play. Thomas and Landry butted heads so much it could not work ON THE FIELD.

Landry did not let them go because of "class" He let them go because their talents were being wasted because of off the field issues. As much crap as Micheal Irvin did the guy still put up the numbers, if he would have been in the 70's as long as he produced nothing would have happen to him. Landry said in his OWN book he did not pry into players personal life AS LONG AS THEY COULD PRODUCE.

I think 90% of people who hate JErry Jones still do because they feel he wronged LAndry. Read Landry's book and learn the WHOLE story from the man himself. As much as he HATED Jones at first for firing him, he always said at least Jones came face to face to tell him.

CenTexSports
12-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Jerry Jones is the TO of owners. If you like idiots and troublemakers then you like him and those like him.

There was no bigger Cowboy fan that me growing up. I got on top of my house to constantly turn the ant. towards Wichita Falls to try to pick up the Cowboy games when they were blacked out. Roger spoke at my football banquet in 1972. Yes there were problems during Landry's era but they handled them not signed them from other teams like TO.

Lamar Hunt and those like him are the ones that should be looked up to and emulated. I will celebrate the day if it comes in my lifetime when the cowboys have a new owner.

g$$
12-20-2006, 09:18 PM
I am very, very thankful that Jerry Jones owns the Cowboys. I think he has made many, many more good decisions than bad. The biggest he ever made? Realizing he could not coach from the owner's box and hired Parcells. No matter how it works out, that was a big move.

Be a Ranger's fan for a year. You will appreciate JJ.

I disagree with more than half your list, but in the end they are both just opinions....

GO COWBOYS!

No thanks on the Rangers, my Astros have been to the playoffs 6/10 years & 1 World Series. I like it here!

I respect your opinions, but IMO a lot of you are blinded by the fact Dallas is pretty good again after a very down few years. To worship TO & those like him is selling your soul to the devil. Have fun with that! TO will let you down in time, watch & see. His track record says it is coming again.

TXBR: you know how I feel. We can agree to disagree, that is fine. And, Jones could have handled the deal with Landry much better than he did. It is that simple. You don't treat legends like that, but I agree it was time for him to go too.

g$$
12-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Jerry Jones is the TO of owners. If you like idiots and troublemakers then you like him and those like him.

There was no bigger Cowboy fan that me growing up. I got on top of my house to constantly turn the ant. towards Wichita Falls to try to pick up the Cowboy games when they were blacked out. Roger spoke at my football banquet in 1972. Yes there were problems during Landry's era but they handled them not signed them from other teams like TO.

Lamar Hunt and those like him are the ones that should be looked up to and emulated. I will celebrate the day if it comes in my lifetime when the cowboys have a new owner.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
12-20-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by g$$
To worship TO & those like him is selling your soul to the devil. Have fun with that!

This IS rich. :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 09:24 PM
Anyone ever seen the behind the scenes video when the former Arkansas WR..cant remember his name want to say last name was Lucas..anyway he had broken his leg and worked his butt off to comeback to turn around and have the EXACT same injury...While he is on the training table Jerry calls the guys family and tells them how this kid was such an inspiration to the team because he worked so hard to come back and really helped the kid, things like that dont get on the front page for Jones, what does is him selling ads and making money.

He is FAR from being the TO of owners. When he came into the league the NFL fought him on a ton of things..which btw now the NFL does. He is on just about EVERY major committe for the NFL and has turned from renegade owner to one of the most respected owners in the league by other owners.

We can argue all day about TO, but I will never argue most in the league hate the guy, heck you can tell by the Pro Bowl voting that is the case, but Jones is respected in the NFL for his vision, marketing, willing to win AND HIS CONTRIBUTIONS to the NFL charity programs.

CenTexSports
12-20-2006, 09:26 PM
OK, I did not want to bring out the big guns but you forced my hand. Jerry Jones is..........................

from Arkansas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
OK, I did not want to bring out the big guns but you forced my hand. Jerry Jones is..........................

from Arkansas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is hard to forgive him for that. But heck Jimmy Johnson played football at Arkansas and was from Texas, so he was a REAL TRAITOR LOL

Bandera YaYa
12-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Terrell leads the league in touchdown receptions It simply amazes me how you just don't get it........let me ask you, what is more important ......having the most touchdown receptions or having good character? Me, I am embarrassed TO is on the Cowboy team. But JJ hiring him was no big surprise.....birds of a feather flock together. I saw TO's press conference where he admitted to spitting on Hall......and to come back days later and try to re-arrange his story to his benefit only makes him a big fat LIAR!!! IMHO...he used the exact same strategy about the "pill" incident. Me, I can't be fooled that easily. If you can't see that, then yes, horray!!....he leads the league in touchdown receptions......wow that's great! WOOHOO!!!!!

g$$
12-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
It simply amazes me how you just don't get it........let me ask you, what is more important ......having the most touchdown receptions or having good character? Me, I am embarrassed TO is on the Cowboy team. But JJ hiring him was no big surprise.....birds of a feather flock together. I saw TO's press conference where he admitted to spitting on Hall......and to come back days later and try to re-arrange his story to his benefit only makes him a big fat LIAR!!! IMHO...he used the exact same strategy about the "pill" incident. Me, I can't be fooled that easily. If you can't see that, then yes, horray!!....he leads the league in touchdown receptions......wow that's great! WOOHOO!!!!!

Well said.

pirate4state
12-20-2006, 10:31 PM
It simply amazes me how you just don't get it........let me ask you, what is more important ......having the most touchdown receptions or having good character? Me, I am embarrassed TO is on the Cowboy team. But JJ hiring him was no big surprise.....birds of a feather flock together. I saw TO's press conference where he admitted to spitting on Hall......and to come back days later and try to re-arrange his story to his benefit only makes him a big fat LIAR!!! IMHO...he used the exact same strategy about the "pill" incident. Me, I can't be fooled that easily. If you can't see that, then yes, horray!!....he leads the league in touchdown receptions......wow that's great! WOOHOO!!!!!

What amazes me is that all of YOU don't get it?? He is a football player. :rolleyes: Why try to make him out to be anything else? You're (general) already convinced he is a "bad guy" so why do you care what the rest of us think???

It's not like he is the ONLY "big fat LIAR". ROFL! I think everyone just gets so caught up in all this. It should be a "blip" on your radar in the grande scheme of things.

I could care less what he does as long as he catches footballs & helps the COWBOYS win a SUPERBOWL. If that makes me an blinded fool, then so be it!! :thumbsup: I'll be a blinded fool, happy fan if the COWBOYS win another Superbowl.

HATE ME!! :devil:

Emerson1
12-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Funny, it's always the people who don't like TO that usually talk about him most.

pirate4state
12-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Funny, it's always the people who don't like TO that usually talk about him most. No kidding. I wish he'd hurry up and do something else. :D :D

g$$
12-20-2006, 10:36 PM
What amazes me is that all of YOU don't get it?? He is a football player. :rolleyes: Why try to make him out to be anything else? You're (general) already convinced he is a "bad guy" so why do you care what the rest of us think???

It's not like he is the ONLY "big fat LIAR". ROFL! I think everyone just gets so caught up in all this. It should be a "blip" on your radar in the grande scheme of things.

I could care less what he does as long as he catches footballs & helps the COWBOYS win a SUPERBOWL. If that makes me an blinded fool, then so be it!! :thumbsup: I'll be a blinded fool, happy fan if the COWBOYS win another Superbowl.

HATE ME!! :devil:

If you are that blinded by it, then I feel sorry for you. Personally, I want to be proud of any team I cheer for on & off the field. You just described the old Oakland Raiders: Just win baby at all costs.

Whatever makes you happy I guess. Why should hs/college/pro all be different? Class & integrity mean more than wins & losses in the end to me.

g$$
12-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Funny, it's always the people who don't like TO that usually talk about him most.

And the ones who bury their heads in the sand who don't...

pirate4state
12-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by g$$
If you are that blinded by it, then I feel sorry for you. Personally, I want to be proud of any team I cheer for on & off the field. You just described the old Oakland Raiders: Just win baby at all costs.

Whatever makes you happy I guess. Why should hs/college/pro all be different? Class & integrity mean more than wins & losses in the end to me.

I don't need you to feel sorry for me!! LOL!!

Guess what I hear? (http://frogstar.soylentgeek.com/wav/alleluia.wav)

:devil:

Emerson1
12-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Why are you even still trying to argue? You already made yourself look like an idiot saying how TO is blaming his drops on an injury, and getting all over this litanoffury guy.

g$$
12-20-2006, 10:44 PM

So "football players" are excluded from the rules of society in your eyes? They get to act differently? Are all of them stupid?

Do soccer players get a different set of rules too?

Just wondering...

g$$
12-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Why are you even still trying to argue? You already made yourself look like an idiot saying how TO is blaming his drops on an injury, and getting all over this litanoffury guy.

Hey fella, your beloved owner brought up the injury making excuses for him, not me. And I never looked stupid here - just those like you taking up for the clown.

Litany & I have a history, & he was ROMmed for it. You are welcome to stay out of it, thanks.

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 10:49 PM

He is hired to catch passes, he is not hired to be a man of good character...sorry but that is the cold hard facts. As long as what ANY player does off the field does not affect their on the field antics then he will keep playing.

You can say this is the sports world today and so on..but Babe Ruth drank to much, Mickey Mantle drank to much, Ty Cobb might be the biggest a$$ in sports..LT was a crackhead..Ali was a an ego monster...These guys are all considered legends.

Bandera YaYa
12-20-2006, 10:52 PM

HATE ME!! :devil: Well we (general) all have our values and beliefs. It is a blip to me....I never think of it until I read on here!!!! Anyways, GO TEXANS!!! :clap: :clap: :)

Pmoney
12-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Hey fella, your beloved owner brought up the injury making excuses for him, not me. And I never looked stupid here - just those like you taking up for the clown.

Litany & I have a history, & he was ROMmed for it. You are welcome to stay out of it, thanks.
i know im not in this arguement but i thought i throw in my 2 cents.....1st of all you have made your self look stupid on here and 2nd Litany is not WestTxLonghorn like you keep saying he is...there is not just one person who thinks differently from you so stop saying just because litany thinks your wrong he must be WestTXLonghorn

g$$
12-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
He is hired to catch passes, he is not hired to be a man of good character...sorry but that is the cold hard facts. As long as what ANY player does off the field does not affect their on the field antics then he will keep playing.

You can say this is the sports world today and so on..but Babe Ruth drank to much, Mickey Mantle drank to much, Ty Cobb might be the biggest a$$ in sports..LT was a crackhead..Ali was a an ego monster...These guys are all considered legends.

Like I told you before, you are now the new Oakland Raiders.

Just win baby! The heck with class & integrity. And you & others are condoning it.

Bandera YaYa
12-20-2006, 10:56 PM

You can say this is the sports world today Well, heck, I guess if its all good with you, then it's all good!!!! :clap:

pirate4state
12-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by g$$
So "football players" are excluded from the rules of society in your eyes? They get to act differently? Are all of them stupid?

Do soccer players get a different set of rules too?

Just wondering...

I didn't say that. What I mean is you shouldn't put so much stock in what he does. If you have kids then don't expose them to these types of players. I hate that society makes these guys out to be more than what they are! I don't really like what this guy does, but I'm not gonna :weeping: :weeping: everytime he does something wrong. It just KILLS me that there are people out there that bitch & moan about his & others antics. You aren't gonna change them, no matter how much you go on & on.

You are entitled to your opinion & I am entitled to mine. You will never change MY mind & I don't try and change other people's minds like you do.

Have a nice evening!! :)

g$$
12-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
i know im not in this arguement but i thought i throw in my 2 cents.....1st of all you have made your self look stupid on here and 2nd Litany is not WestTxLonghorn like you keep saying he is...there is not just one person who thinks differently from you so stop saying just because litany thinks your wrong he must be WestTXLonghorn

Thanks for that rambling diatribe. And I don't agree either, nor do I care what you think.

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Like I told you before, you are now the new Oakland Raiders.

Just win baby! The heck with class & integrity. And you & others are condoning it.

Yep...Quick name me a team that will trade wins and championships for Class? And what is Class? It is like morals, each person has their own morals, there is not a blanket set of morals that encompasses ALL people. Same with class, things I think are classless others will say no big deal and vice versa.

You mention integrity..Has TO been arrested? been caught using roids?

Pmoney
12-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Thanks for that rambling diatribe. And I don't agree either, nor do I care what you think.
you are proving my point...you dont care about what everyone else thinks just what you think! lets go g$$ what ya got?

g$$
12-20-2006, 10:59 PM
I didn't say that. What I mean is you shouldn't put so much stock in what he does. If you have kids then don't expose them to these types of players. I hate that society makes these guys out to be more than what they are!

I agree with you on that point.

g$$
12-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Yep...Quick name me a team that will trade wins and championships for Class? And what is Class? It is like morals, each person has their own morals, there is not a blanket set of morals that encompasses ALL people. Same with class, things I think are classless others will say no big deal and vice versa.

You mention integrity..Has TO been arrested? been caught using roids?

So why can't you have both? Why can't you win & have class?

The 2 are not mutually exclusive unless you allow them to be.

I never said you have to have all choir boys either.

g$$
12-20-2006, 11:03 PM
you are proving my point...you dont care about what everyone else thinks just what you think! lets go g$$ what ya got?

I am entitled to my opinion, just as you are. And I don't have the time or energy for you right now.

I respect anyone's opinion if they have a basis for their beliefs. Rational thoughts & common sense are required though.

Pmoney
12-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I am entitled to my opinion, just as you are. And I don't have the time or energy for you right now.
ya you are but you start whining everytime someone disagrees with you

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$
So why can't you have both? Why can't you win & show class?

The 2 are not exclusive unless you allow them to be.

In the perfect world I would love to have both, but the simple truth is there has NEVER been a team win ANY title that EVERY player was full of class. Human nature just does not work that way.

The problem is that before the days of ESPN, the internet and polica blotters atheletes were held up to a higher regard. Mickey Mantle would get drunk and loud at a resturant, everyone would look the other way and media would never report it.

NOW the media is all eyes 24/7 on every sports figures life and so the curtain has come down on OZ but instead of seeing it as this has always happened but only now being reported, it is OMG what is wrong with the sports figures today they should be "old school" and play with class and not get in trouble and so on.

The same egos, aholes, drunks, druggies, sexual predators that play now, played 40 years but NOW it is reported every day and the media, the fans and society in general get to be judge and jury on a person.

g$$
12-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Notice my words: what "you" think.

That does not include others there does it?

Pmoney
12-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Notice my words: what "you" think.

That does not include others there does it?
you get pissed when anyone disagrees w/ you

Bandera YaYa
12-20-2006, 11:13 PM
In the perfect world I would love to have both, but the simple truth is there has NEVER been a team win ANY title that EVERY player was full of class. Human nature just does not work that way.

The problem is that before the days of ESPN, the internet and polica blotters atheletes were held up to a higher regard. Mickey Mantle would get drunk and loud at a resturant, everyone would look the other way and media would never report it.

NOW the media is all eyes 24/7 on every sports figures life and so the curtain has come down on OZ but instead of seeing it as this has always happened but only now being reported, it is OMG what is wrong with the sports figures today they should be "old school" and play with class and not get in trouble and so on.

The same egos, aholes, drunks, druggies, sexual predators that play now, played 40 years but NOW it is reported every day and the media, the fans and society in general get to be judge and jury on a person. I agree with what you said totally. But then should we still look the other way?? :thinking: :thinking:

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 11:15 PM
I agree with what you said totally. But then should we still look the other way?? :thinking: :thinking:

That is the 25,000 question. Honestlly I think we have past the point of looking the other way. It is funny since I am a broadcaster, but I can admit sports talk for all its good has also created alot of bad.

g$$
12-20-2006, 11:15 PM

The same egos, aholes, drunks, druggies, sexual predators that play now, played 40 years but NOW it is reported every day and the media, the fans and society in general get to be judge and jury on a person.

You make some good points. But, IMO people today in general have less respect for the rules of society & proper code of conduct. It is a "me" world, what have you done for me lately.

It all starts at home with rules & discipline. And unfortunately, that is lacking in too many cases in our society nowadays. It filters down to all walks of life, including sports. What gets me is intelligent people like yourself have just accepted it & now condone that kind of behavior it seems. I will always strive for better & not accept it.

g$$
12-20-2006, 11:17 PM
you get pissed when anyone disagrees w/ you

No I do not, just having nothing to say to you.

Pmoney
12-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No I do not, just having nothing to say to you.
whatever man...your just a waste of my time

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You make some good points. But, IMO people today in general have less respect for the rules of society & proper code of conduct. It is a "me" world, what have you done for me lately.

It all starts at home with rules & discipline. And unfortunately, that is lacking in too many cases in our society nowadays. It filters down to all walks of life, including sports. What gets me is intelligent people like yourself have just accepted it & now condone that kind of behavior it seems. I will always strive for better & not accept it.

Talking in the sports realm only...Yes it is a me world now, but before free agency the players were cattle, brought them in, used them till they could not be used then you got rid of them. The team controlled the salaries and their careers.

Now players are smarter, they want to get theirs while they can. Because teams still will use players like cattle. No I dont like the Me attitude in sports, but to be honest I cant blame them. They make the plays that wins the games that make the owners A TON OF MONEY.

I have never said I condone their actions, I just personally dont care. If TO tears the team apart it will suck for me as a Cowboy fan, but will not affect my daily life. It is not my job to be the moral or class judge of people that I dont truly know.

I grew up playing and watching sports with a passion BUT NEVER put players as my heroes, my parents taught me at an early age EVERYONE is human and to make them more than that will only dissapoint me. I root for the Jersey, not the player.

I personally always strive for better, but I wont be the judge and jury of other people, it is just not my way

g$$
12-20-2006, 11:25 PM
whatever man...your just a waste of my time

Then quit bugging me troll. Move along...

you are = you're too!!

pirate4state
12-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Talking in the sports realm only...Yes it is a me world now, but before free agency the players were cattle, brought them in, used them till they could not be used then you got rid of them. The team controlled the salaries and their careers.

Now players are smarter, they want to get theirs while they can. Because teams still will use players like cattle. No I dont like the Me attitude in sports, but to be honest I cant blame them. They make the plays that wins the games that make the owners A TON OF MONEY.

I have never said I condone their actions, I just personally dont care. If TO tears the team apart it will suck for me as a Cowboy fan, but will not affect my daily life. It is not my job to be the moral or class judge of people that I dont truly know.

I grew up playing and watching sports with a passion BUT NEVER put players as my heroes, my parents taught me at an early age EVERYONE is human and to make them more than that will only dissapoint me. I root for the Jersey, not the player.

I personally always strive for better, but I wont be the judge and jury of other people, it is just not my way

YOU ROCK!! :clap: :clap: Thank you!! :)

g$$
12-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Well said. I don't deify pro athletes either, just as you were raised. Having worked for the Astros & at A&M, I know better. My career ended after juco baseball!! I respect their abilities, & it ends there. I guess it just bugs me to no end when clowns like TO dupe the public so much & get so much attention when more important stuff is going on. Good stuff TXB.

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Well said. I don't deify pro athletes either, just as you were raised. Having worked for the Astros & at A&M, I know better. My career ended after juco baseball!! I respect their abilities, & it ends there. I guess it just bugs me to no end when clowns like TO dupe the public so much & get so much attention when more important stuff is going on. Good stuff TXB.

At some point who is really at fault? The kid crying wolf or the people that come running? The media now decides what is the story..TO could scream from the top of a building butt naked and if no media shows up then who cares?

Yes TO wants headlines, but he only gets them because the media reports it.

luvhoops34
12-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Looks like G money and P money are having a disagreement......:doh:

Bandera YaYa
12-20-2006, 11:46 PM
At some point who is really at fault? The kid crying wolf or the people that come running? Well, I'd hate to imagine what TO would do , when the people stop running...........???? :thinking:

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Well, I'd hate to imagine what TO would do , when the people stop running...........???? :thinking:

Who cares..The question is like the chicken before the egg..Was he always like this or did he become this way because of the attention? Most reports in college and HS was he was a great kid no attitude problems

IHStangFan
12-20-2006, 11:53 PM
T.O. = major douche bag and one of the MAIN reasons I can't stand to watch the Cowgirls. Him and "Coach" Jones. I'm so tired of hearing about T.O. :mad:

Bandera YaYa
12-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Who cares..The question is like the chicken before the egg..Was he always like this or did he become this way because of the attention? Most reports in college and HS was he was a great kid no attitude problems Good to hear he wasn't always this way......but I meant, what kinda stunt would he be likely to pull, if that happened....cuz PERSONALLY I don't think he could stand NOT being in the so-called limelight, but maybe he could....would be interesting to watch.

Bandera YaYa
12-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
T.O. = major douche bag and one of the MAIN reasons I can't stand to watch the Cowgirls. Him and "Coach" Jones. I'm so tired of hearing about T.O. :mad: To tell the truth, so am I......my head hurts!!!!! :D

IHStangFan
12-21-2006, 12:00 AM
To tell the truth, so am I......my head hurts!!!!! :D I hear ya. I'm hoping that his contract doesn't get renewed.

pirate4state
12-21-2006, 12:04 AM
I hear ya. I'm hoping that his contract doesn't get renewed.

Where ya been buddy?? Work keeping you down?? TO ROCKS!! :p :p

Bandera YaYa
12-21-2006, 12:11 AM
I hear ya. I'm hoping that his contract doesn't get renewed. I don't think we'll have to wait that long......... :D :p

stxfootballfan
12-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by g$$
So why can't you have both? Why can't you win & have class?

The 2 are not mutually exclusive unless you allow them to be.

You can look at the Spurs, oh NM they have Bruce Bowen