PDA

View Full Version : The Panthers will whip the Bobcats

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 08:53 AM
http://club.telepolis.com/tattoos/tatuajes/seleccionados/041_24_009~Stalking-Panther.jpg
http://www.downunderweb.com/images/Whip%208.jpg
THE
http://texnat.tamu.edu/ranchref/predator/bobcats/bobcat.jpg

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 08:55 AM
When I was driving out to my brothers house yesterday, I saw a dead bobcat on the side of the road.

I thought about taking a picture of it, but I am just not really into photographing road kill!:)

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When I was driving out to my brothers house yesterday, I saw a dead bobcat on the side of the road.

I thought about taking a picture of it, but I am just not really into photographing road kill!:) At least you didn't hump road kill like Tom Green

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 09:23 AM
man...this site is sure going to be homer-LH this week! :( That's sad...because few people on here have even seen Celina play so they don't know what they're missing.

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 09:33 AM
They will Saturday Addidas, They will Saturday. I like it when we don't have a chance. You know come to think of it, 3A was going to be "too tuff" for us, but then again, we still probably haven't played anyone yet have we. Just answer me this before we play them, Is Liberty Hill going to be a somebody Sunday? ;) :D

Fotbol
12-18-2006, 09:34 AM
LH has a strong squad, I don't know anyone from Celina, so my gut tells me to go with LH, Cental Texas team, LHPM etc,. My football sense tells me to go with history Celina is a beast, strong Program for many years, so if I were a betting man,(which I am):D I would follow my football sense and say Celina 20 LH 19. LIke I say before I'm a gambling man so I'm going with my gut feeling, not my football sense, here's my prediction........................................ ............................

LH 28 Celina 27 in Triple OT in one of the most exciting State Championship games of the Year.

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 09:39 AM

I thought about taking a picture of it, but I am just not really into photographing road kill!:)

That was one of the Childress variety anyway! :p

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
LH has a strong squad, I don't know anyone from Celina, so my gut tells me to go with LH, Cental Texas team, LHPM etc,. My football sense tells me to go with history Celina is a beast, strong Program for many years, so if I were a betting man,(which I am):D I would follow my football sense and say Celina 20 LH 19. LIke I say before I'm a gambling man so I'm going with my gut feeling, not my football sense, here's my prediction........................................ ............................

LH 28 Celina 27 in Triple OT in one of the most exciting State Championship games of the Year.

You won't see LH get to 28 points. It could happen...but I don't think it will be because they drove down the field and put up 4 TD's. For them to get 3 or 4 TD's on the board..it will require them to cause TO's...and Celina doesn't turn it over much on the ground so you will have to intercept a pass or two.

I was just doing this one in my head...but I believe that Celina has lost 4 games in 8 YEARS!!! The mentality in Celina is just different than any other school in 3A. It's not cockiness...it's not arrogance...it's a mindset that can compared to what you see in SLC. Even when the other team gets all the momentum and builds an early lead (see Brownsboro up 14-0), they don't panic, they don't scrap their gameplan, but instead their level of focus and execution increases and then by the middle of the 3rd quarter the other team is down by 2TD's and wondering what just happened.

Now from a football X's and O's perspective. I've seen numerous teams try to run the ball out of all sorts of formations against Celina...and with little success. During these playoffs, they've faced D1 backs (Dallas Madison) and D1 offensive lines (Brownsboro) but regardless of how those teams tried to run the ball...their success was minimized by the gap control defense of Celina. I've seen Celina play 7 or 8 times in the past 5 years and the teams that have had success against them all had one thing in common. They spread the field and were able to use to the pass to open up the run. Once you spread out the 10-1 defense...then the gaps that each player is controlling become a lot bigger..and the more space that each player has to control then the chances of him being able to cover his entire gap decreases. It's not rocket science...it's common sense. There isn't a team in 3A that can line up and consistently blow Celina off the line and overpower them up the middle. It hasn't happened in previous years with lesser talent up front...and this year they have one of the better defensive fronts so it certainly hasn't happened.

Now for the LH bandwagoners...you guys have fun! :thumbsup:

Gsquared
12-18-2006, 09:52 AM
I pick LH in a really really close game that comes down to the last drive but as far as LH whipping Celina, NO WAY does that happen. Celina can just as easily whip LH. All in all, I have no idea who wins this game, the two teams are pretty even from what ive seen of both. Picking LH in a 2 point ball game is just a guess.

Phil C
12-18-2006, 09:52 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

:mad:

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You won't see LH get to 28 points. It could happen...but I don't think it will be because they drove down the field and put up 4 TD's. For them to get 3 or 4 TD's on the board..it will require them to cause TO's...and Celina doesn't turn it over much on the ground so you will have to intercept a pass or two.

I was just doing this one in my head...but I believe that Celina has lost 4 games in 8 YEARS!!! The mentality in Celina is just different than any other school in 3A. It's not cockiness...it's not arrogance...it's a mindset that can compared to what you see in SLC. Even when the other team gets all the momentum and builds an early lead (see Brownsboro up 14-0), they don't panic, they don't scrap their gameplan, but instead their level of focus and execution increases and then by the middle of the 3rd quarter the other team is down by 2TD's and wondering what just happened.

Now from a football X's and O's perspective. I've seen numerous teams try to run the ball out of all sorts of formations against Celina...and with little success. During these playoffs, they've faced D1 backs (Dallas Madison) and D1 offensive lines (Brownsboro) but regardless of how those teams tried to run the ball...their success was minimized by the gap control defense of Celina. I've seen Celina play 7 or 8 times in the past 5 years and the teams that have had success against them all had one thing in common. They spread the field and were able to use to the pass to open up the run. Once you spread out the 10-1 defense...then the gaps that each player is controlling become a lot bigger..and the more space that each player has to control then the chances of him being able to cover his entire gap decreases. It's not rocket science...it's common sense. There isn't a team in 3A that can line up and consistently blow Celina off the line and overpower them up the middle. It hasn't happened in previous years with lesser talent up front...and this year they have one of the better defensive fronts so it certainly hasn't happened.

Now for the LH bandwagoners...you guys have fun! :thumbsup:

That was entirely too long to read on a Monday morning!

What did you say? (in 4 sentences or less please!:D )

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 10:05 AM
That was entirely too long to read on a Monday morning!

What did you say? (in 4 sentences or less please!:D )

I haven't posted in like 4 days...I had to catch up.

Long and short...

1) The mindset in Celina is different than any other 3A school. They've lost 4 games in 8 YEARS!!! The only thing you can compare it to is SLC.

2) I think Celina's defense matches up VERY well against LH's offense. LH a) doesn't spread the field and b) they don't spread the field and throw so they aren't giving themselves a chance to exploit Celina's biggest weaknesses on defense.

3) The first team to 21 points wins this game.

4) I don't like bandwagon people!!! :mad:

Phil C
12-18-2006, 10:13 AM

Long and short...

Now now Ad!

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

;)

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Atta Boy Addidas. You are in for it now. Rotflmao!

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Atta Boy Addidas. You are in for it now. Rotflmao!
ain't gonna bug me much to get picked on. I'll just give it right back and then they'll be crying to mama before too long! ;)

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 11:26 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!!

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 11:30 AM
ain't gonna bug me much to get picked on. I'll just give it right back and then they'll be crying to mama before too long! ;)

Please NO!! I am mama!!

Out of curiosity..what do YOU consider a "bandwagoner"?

Do you consider me one because I am rooting for Liberty Hill!

Dominicfrank
12-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Thought as arecent Celina victim I could giev the LH people a heads up. Celina wont wow you at all but guess what, if you cant throw the ball you have NO CHANCE. I hear that LH has a great run game and while I appreciate a good run game Celina is a seasoned team with lots of winning. They play a VERY good game plan and change things pretty wuick if they arent clicking. Vernon had them 6-6 witha few seconds to go in the first half and beat up in the second half. We had a GREAT running GAME witha D1 running back and two others that were good RB's and their D stopped them all day. We did not try to wear them down with our HUGE fullback that has had three 200 yard games in a row like I would have liked to see. I still think he finished with about 100 yards but it looked like 10. They fill the box with EVERYONE and dare you to beat them with the pass. Nothing speacial on offense but EVERYONE who gets the ball can make a play. They run the same play.

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 11:33 AM
All these Celina post don't matter because Celina sucks and will get beat by 28 by LH

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
All these Celina post don't matter because Celina sucks and will get beat by 28 by LH

Now you are just being downright silly now!!

I am driving from Midland to see this game...I don't wanna see a blowout by either side.

I want to see a good old fashion hard hitting, slobber knocking, run it down your throat, close, tight, biting on your nails til the last tick of the clock, game!!

Oh yeah, and I want LH to come out ahead when it's all said and done!!:p :p

kaorder1999
12-18-2006, 11:38 AM

Oh yeah, and I want LH to come out ahead when it's all said and done!!:p :p

amen sista

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Please NO!! I am mama!!

Out of curiosity..what do YOU consider a "bandwagoner"?

Do you consider me one because I am rooting for Liberty Hill!

I would term a bandwagoner as anybody on this board who says "hey...we've got a mod on here from LH so I have to support them" AND then goes out and talks about how great LH is and that they will win when they've probably never seen LH play and are even less likely to have watched Celina play.

Make sure you catch the 2nd part of that statement because I don't have a problem with somebody rooting for a team because they have friends/family associated with that town. We all do that from time to time. I have no personal affiliation to Celina...but I have a good friend from there that was a leader on that team back in 2000-01 so I've been to many of their games going back to 2001 and consider myself a Celina supporter.

However...I can still be objective in regards to who I think will win and there have been games where I wasn't sure that Celina would a) dominate or b) be the better team on the field.

Those who verbalize how great a team is and talk them up when times are good...yet have no real knowledge about the team or their opponents...that's a bandwagon fan! ;)

catman
12-18-2006, 11:42 AM
LH by 3---so says MaxPreps

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
amen sista
CELINA HATER!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

;)

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 11:45 AM
I would term a bandwagoner as anybody on this board who says "hey...we've got a mod on here from LH so I have to support them" AND then goes out and talks about how great LH is and that they will win when they've probably never seen LH play and are even less likely to have watched Celina play.

Make sure you catch the 2nd part of that statement because I don't have a problem with somebody rooting for a team because they have friends/family associated with that town. We all do that from time to time. I have no personal affiliation to Celina...but I have a good friend from there that was a leader on that team back in 2000-01 so I've been to many of their games with him and consider myself a Celina supporter.

However...I can still be objective in regards to who I think will win and there have been games where I wasn't sure that Celina would a) dominate or b) be the better team on the field.

Those who verbalize how great a team is and talk them up when times are good...yet have no real knowledge about the team or their opponents...that's a bandwagon fan! ;)

Oh okay!!:crazy1:

I have been rooting for LH since the season began. I have never said who I THINK will win...I only say who I WANT t win!

GWOOD
12-18-2006, 11:52 AM

4) "I don't like bandwagon people," he said angrily as Billy Fred and Bobcat Benny reached out and pulled him aboard.

;)

It's not cockiness...it's not arrogance...it's a mindset that can compared to what you see in SLC.

I think you have a point. There is no doubt that their current success (over the last 10 years) ranks up there with many of the top programs in Texas High School Foootball history and I'm sure that there is a mindset that comes along that kind of success.

But for me, and evidently, for a lot of other posters on this board the many, many, many statements such as "We're smarter..." "We're more disciplined...", "We understand better..." just tends to make me root for the other team. (Disclaimer: Yes, I know not every Celina poster makes these kind of statements).

I think a lot of people respect the football team. The Vernon posters seem to be saying that Celina has a class A program in all regards.

I just like Terrell Owens a lot better when he just shuts up and shows how he good he is instead of telling us how good he is.

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
;

I just like Terrell Owens a lot better when he just shuts up and shows how he good he is instead of telling us how good he is.

*snif snif*

That was absolutely beautiful!!!! :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 11:57 AM
;)

Now now...I'm not on the Celina bandwagon! :)

I have no personal affiliation to Celina...but I have a good friend from there that was a leader on that team back in 2000-01 so I've been to many of their games going back to 2001 and consider myself a Celina supporter.

But for me, and evidently, for a lot of other posters on this board the many, many, many statements such as "We're smarter..." "We're more disciplined...", "We understand better..." just tends to make me root for the other team. (Disclaimer: Yes, I know not every Celina poster makes these kind of statements).

I agree on this statement. However...I don't think everybody is saying that Celina is better at this, that, or whatever. They are just saying that they are very disciplined, they execute very well, they are used to these types of situations. It's not a question of if they are better prepared than the other team...it's more of stating that they do a lot of things well and you can expect to see them prepared for the game.

GWOOD
12-18-2006, 12:01 PM
...I don't think everybody is saying that Celina is better at this, that, or whatever. T

No, not everybody. But it was said last week and is being said this week by several.

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 12:02 PM

I agree on this statement. However...I don't think everybody is saying that Celina is better at this, that, or whatever.

No...not everbody is saying it...but you can't deny that there are several who are proclaiming it LOUD and PROUD and OBNOXIOUSLY....and don't you DARE question their authority!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah......those ones.....I don't like em!:rolleyes:

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 12:05 PM
No...not everbody is saying it...but you can't deny that there are several who are proclaiming it LOUD and PROUD and OBNOXIOUSLY....and don't you DARE question their authority!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

having met a few of the Celina posters...you must realize that they make most of those posts tongue in cheek. What do you want them to say??? Our team isn't very good...we'll be fortunate if we win??? Then they would be getting responses like "yeah right...nice try being humble but we've seen your teams record and you don't lose too often" They're screwed either way...so it's a lot more fun to ham it up and have some fun. It creates lively discussions! :)

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 12:10 PM
having met a few of the Celina posters...you must realize that they make most of those posts tongue in cheek. What do you want them to say??? Our team isn't very good...we'll be fortunate if we win??? Then they would be getting responses like "yeah right...nice try being humble but we've seen your teams record and you don't lose too often" They're screwed either way...so it's a lot more fun to ham it up and have some fun. It creates lively discussions! :)

It does...it's always funny, to me anyway, when posters from a team feel the need to apologize for their fellow posters behavior and tend to distance themselves from said poster.

I have seen it happen this year with Cuero, Snyder and now Celina!!

I am sometimes happy we dont have many posters from Greenwood here!!:D

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 12:38 PM
I just like Terrell Owens a lot better when he just shuts up and shows how he good he is instead of telling us how good he is. Oh I get it. Duh me. You got it!:wave: I won't say a word until late Saturday night.

GWOOD
12-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Oh I get it. Duh me. You got it!:wave: I won't say a word until late Saturday night.

LOL. Sure. But I know there's no way you could that.:)

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 01:06 PM
:kiss: http://www.1atexasfootball.com/images/bmoon.gif :p :D

BobcatBenny
12-18-2006, 01:14 PM
No...not everbody is saying it...but you can't deny that there are several who are proclaiming it LOUD and PROUD and OBNOXIOUSLY....and don't you DARE question their authority!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: . . .
http://www.picturepuppy.com/images/BobcatBenny/bobcartman.gif

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 01:26 PM
who are proclaiming it LOUD and PROUD

http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/3110/bobnh7.jpg

wimbo_pro
12-18-2006, 01:52 PM
I think this will be a great game, not a blow out by either, but in the end, a 10-to-14 point win. Defense will dominate the play on the field...and special teams will play a critical role. The team with the most turnovers loses. Over/Under in the 55 range.

GWOOD
12-18-2006, 03:06 PM
:kiss: http://www.1atexasfootball.com/images/bmoon.gif :p :D

LOL. Ok when does this no posting 'til Saturday night start? Saturday morning?

pirate4state
12-18-2006, 03:38 PM
WHEW! I'm not a bandwagon fan by Adidas' definition. I have seen 3 Liberty Hill games this year. :nerd: Even if LHPM was NOT a mod here and I hadn't seen ONE game of theirs I'd still be a fan b/c her son plays and she is my friend!! :) Is that right? LOL!

WHO CARES IF YOU ARE A BANDWAGON FAN??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm with Ranger Mom:

I am driving from Sinton to see this game...I don't wanna see a blowout by either side.

I want to see a good old fashion hard hitting, slobber knocking, run it down your throat, close, tight, biting on your nails til the last tick of the clock, game!!

Oh yeah, and I want LH to come out ahead when it's all said and done!!

:clap:

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 03:40 PM
So even though my thread is jacked..

Celina Sucks

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
WHO CARES IF YOU ARE A BANDWAGON FAN??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Those who find them annoying care...and I happen to be one of them! :)

One other thought since you brought it up...if LHPM wasn't on the d/l...do you think you would've met her??? ;)

pirate4state
12-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Those who find them annoying care...and I happen to be one of them! :)

One other thought since you brought it up...if LHPM wasn't on the d/l...do you think you would've met her??? ;)

What do you think? We were friends before she became a mod though if that's what you're getting at. :)

Will you be at this game?

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 03:47 PM
What do you think? We were friends before she became a mod though if that's what you're getting at. :)

Will you be at this game?

nope...Graham is the opposite direction of this game so I won't be there. If they would've only played it in DFW!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 03:53 PM

That's a pretty silly question!!

Of course not!

And if I hadn't moved to Greenwood, I wouldn't have met my husband either.

What's your point? I don't understand!

I know you directed that question towards Rita..but I want to understand!!

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 03:54 PM
That's a pretty silly question!!

Of course not!

And if I hadn't moved to Greenwood, I wouldn't have met my husband.

I knew I was asking the obvious...but since that was the logic used...I figured I would ask anyways! ;)

pirate4state
12-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Kellye - It's just Adidas being Adidas. ;)

LH Panther Mom
12-18-2006, 04:09 PM
you must realize that they make most of those posts tongue in cheek. What do you want them to say??? Our team isn't very good...we'll be fortunate if we win???
There are a few who don't appear to be making the comments tongue in cheek. Those same few FULLY expect the Liberty Hill fans to state that we have no chance to win and that we should bow down at their awesomeness. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There are a few who don't appear to be making the comments tongue in cheek. Those same few FULLY expect the Liberty Hill fans to state that we have no chance to win and that we should bow down at their awesomeness. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

where was that??? I must've missed it.

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 04:33 PM

Long and short...

1) The mindset in Celina is different than any other 3A school. They've lost 4 games in 8 YEARS!!! The only thing you can compare it to is SLC.

2) I think Celina's defense matches up VERY well against LH's offense. LH a) doesn't spread the field and b) they don't spread the field and throw so they aren't giving themselves a chance to exploit Celina's biggest weaknesses on defense.

3) The first team to 21 points wins this game.

That is a fair assessment exept for one thing. This year we play the spread better than we ever have. Big strong fast front 6 helps. And our secondary reacts to the ball better than anybody I have seen this year. I think 21 points is all LH can score as long as we don't turn the ball over. Then it becomes a defensive problem for LH.

GWOOD
12-18-2006, 04:39 PM
where was that??? I must've missed it.

I know these are from last week's pre-game smack vs. Vernon but here are a couple of responses to those kind of statements twice last week

Surely you are not trying to convince all the Vernon posters to give in to hopelessness? Ain't gonna' happen. Don't know what the outcome will be on Saturday but I do know Vernon will show up to play to win.

LOL. Billy Fred, this is exactly what I'm talking about. You seem bent on convincing everybody that Vernon does not have a chance. Vernon's not gonna' buy it. Neither will their posters.

I actually do like these guys. Even Wild Texan is OK when he is on his meds. It's just that for about half of their posts I do this

:rolleyes:

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 04:40 PM
LOL. Ok when does this no posting 'til Saturday night start? Saturday morning?
Oh I get it. Duh me. You got it!:wave: I won't say a word until late Saturday night.
:nerd: :D

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
That is a fair assessment exept for one thing. This year we play the spread better than we ever have. Big strong fast front 6 helps. And our secondary reacts to the ball better than anybody I have seen this year. I think 21 points is all LH can score as long as we don't turn the ball over. Then it becomes a defensive problem for LH.
Celina is definitely better up front this year than most other seasons...that further increases their ability to dominate the LOS and control the run game. I guess I could've put "weakness" instead as it's more of a relative weakness when you're 15-0 and not giving up too many points per game! ;)

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GWOOD
[B]I know these are from last week's pre-game smack vs. Vernon but here are a couple of responses to those kind of statements twice last week

Well, last week I knew we would win and there was no nice way to say it. I tried to hold back as much as I could. This week however is different. I think we have a good chance because LH plays right into our strengths. But because of the talent and ability it is a tough call. I have already said I think it's a pickem. I give a very slight edge to us just because of the last 2 years and the fact that most of the guys playing played on last years team. They have definetly been to the game and know what to expect. Plus Coach Ford has been to the game so many times in 26 years that I figure he has a clue. And this is definitely the one game where experience is a factor.

Bullaholic
12-18-2006, 05:21 PM
I don't think a "good" team can beat Celina this year---I think it will take a "great" team. What's the difference between the two? IMO, a "good" team has all the ingredients to make to a state final---athletes, coaching, tradition, and all the rest. A "great" team has all these factors and a few more. A "great" team expects to win every game and finds a way to win, even if they fall behind, and do it successfully game after game. I think LH is a "good"--probably even "outstanding" team, but I don't know if they are a "great" team or not, and I am not trying to disrespect or play-down the abilities of this year's LH team---they may indeed be the DII champ this year.....but in Celina I know they will have to beat a "great" team. I think this one comes down to the team with the absolute strongest and unyielding, 48-playing-time minutes, junkyard dog mean mentality to overcome all obstacles and "take" the win from the other team. I think this game is just too close to call. I only wish I could be there to see it----but I bet if I listen real close I can "hear" the pads popping from here.....

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I don't think a "good" team can beat Celina this year---I think it will take a "great" team. What's the difference between the two? IMO, a "good" team has all the ingredients to make to a state final---athletes, coaching, tradition, and all the rest. A "great" team has all these factors and a few more. A "great" team expects to win every game and finds a way to win, even if they fall behind, and do it successfully game after game. I think LH is a "good"--probably even "outstanding" team, but I don't know if they are a "great" team or not, and I am not trying to disrespect or play-down the abilities of this year's LH team---they may indeed be the DII champ this year.....but in Celina I know they will have to beat a "great" team. I think this one comes down to the team with the absolute strongest and unyielding, 48-playing-time minutes, junkyard dog mean mentality to overcome all obstacles and "take" the win from the other team. I think this game is just too close to call. I only wish I could be there to see it----but I bet if I listen real close I can "hear" the pads popping from here..... :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 05:29 PM
I don't think a "good" team can beat Celina this year---I think it will take a "great" team. What's the difference between the two? IMO, a "good" team has all the ingredients to make to a state final---athletes, coaching, tradition, and all the rest. A "great" team has all these factors and a few more. A "great" team expects to win every game and finds a way to win, even if they fall behind, and do it successfully game after game. I think LH is a "good"--probably even "outstanding" team, but I don't know if they are a "great" team or not, and I am not trying to disrespect or play-down the abilities of this year's LH team---they may indeed be the DII champ this year.....but in Celina I know they will have to beat a "great" team. I think this one comes down to the team with the absolute strongest and unyielding, 48-playing-time minutes, junkyard dog mean mentality to overcome all obstacles and "take" the win from the other team. I think this game is just too close to call. I only wish I could be there to see it----but I bet if I listen real close I can "hear" the pads popping from here.....

Then we win cause we got 5 4 160
DE Breck the never say die never stop energizer bunny of football. :D

GWOOD
12-18-2006, 05:29 PM

Well, last week I knew we would win and there was no nice way to say it. I tried to hold back as much as I could. .

LOL. Billy Fred, I don't think it is in you to hold back.

I do respect one thing about you--You very seldom respond with emotion. You are pretty much calm, trying to win people over with your logic.

Hey---Are you related to Spock?

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 05:35 PM

I do respect one thing about you--You very seldom respond with emotion. You are pretty much calm, trying to win people over with your logic.

Naw, but I did stay at the holiday inn.

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 05:38 PM

This week you won't hear me saying that.
I knew last year that we would stop Pewitt even tho they had the best defensive team and offensive team in 2a but for us. This year 3a is a different cat.
But I do likes our chances. I am just afraid that at this time of year the weather may be a factor and it is hard to quantify exactly how good LH d is. By rating Vernon had the better D and it was excellent by the way. Those boys hit hard and fast. That was the best game this year exept maybe Bboro.

Dominicfrank
12-18-2006, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GWOOD
[B]I know these are from last week's pre-game smack vs. Vernon but here are a couple of responses to those kind of statements twice last week

Well, last week I knew we would win and there was no nice way to say it. I tried to hold back as much as I could. This week however is different. I think we have a good chance because LH plays right into our strengths. But because of the talent and ability it is a tough call. I have already said I think it's a pickem. I give a very slight edge to us just because of the last 2 years and the fact that most of the guys playing played on last years team. They have definetly been to the game and know what to expect. Plus Coach Ford has been to the game so many times in 26 years that I figure he has a clue. And this is definitely the one game where experience is a factor.

Whatever for you you thought you would win, Celina wasnt that much better than Vernon. Bet you wernt saying that after the first 5 minutes or even after the first half. Dont be an idiot and assume Vernon Fans arent on here to call you on that CRAP. Vernon went away from our strength and lost the game. Happens a lot to a lot of teams. Celina is good on Defense against the run and that scares unprepared coaches. If a team doesnt get scared and has a coach that has pass plays installed all year and can use them then Celina can be beat and beat bad. Here's something for you CELINA is one of the worst State finalist I have seen in years. Hey maybe it was a down year for 3A and so be it, but Celina 2007 wont even sniff being a top 3A team of even this decade. My a$$ you knew you were going to win. Your so called defense gave up 100 yards on like 15 carries, we stay with it for 40 carries and we win the game. Live with that punk.

Edited for slight content. Take it easy

LH Panther Mom
12-18-2006, 05:54 PM
By rating Vernon had the better D and it was excellent by the way.
And by rating, both Giddings and Hondo had the better D than Vernon. :thumbsup: Just a thought......

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Whatever for you you thought you would win, Celina wasnt that much better than Vernon. Bet you wernt saying that after the first 5 minutes or even after the first half. Dont be an idiot and assume Vernon Fans arent on here to call you on that CRAP. Vernon went away from our strength and lost the game. Happens a lot to a lot of teams. Celina is good on Defense against the run and that scares unprepared coaches. If a team doesnt get scared and has a coach that has pass plays installed all year and can use them then Celina can be beat and beat bad. Here's something for you CELINA is one of the worst State finalist I have seen in years. Hey maybe it was a down year for 3A and so be it, but Celina 2007 wont even sniff being a top 3A team of even this decade. My a$$ you knew you were going to win. Your so called defense gave up 100 yards on like 15 carries, we stay with it for 40 carries and we win the game. Live with that punk.

No I was quite clear. We held them to close to 100 yards total offense which I said. And on a different board I gave the points at 35 14 if you got a special teams gift which you did on that first punt that Taylor missed. I also said I expected Aston to get a long TD. The kid was a load and hard to bring down.
It was still the best game and after the second quarter was done I knew my prediction was accurate because you only generated about 20 yards offense in the 2nd.

thatsminty
12-18-2006, 05:56 PM
with a leather whip I hope

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 05:57 PM
:kiss: http://www.1atexasfootball.com/images/bmoon.gif :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

carter08
12-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by thatsminty
with a leather whip I hope

I heard a song you may like

Its by The Splinto Band

thatsminty
12-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by carter08

Its by The Splinto Band

it's the Spinto Band and that song use to be on my myspace.

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 06:02 PM

Its by The Splinto Band

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Post #63

National Prospect
Group Icon

Group: Active Roster
Member No.: 5,205
High School: Bronte High School 1a.
Referred by: referred

QUOTE(vernonhudson @ Dec 15 2006, 05:03 PM) *
As I see it there are 3 ways Vernon wins.

1. Vernon gets a couple of early breaks(fumble, etc) and gets up early and holds Celina enough to win. This could happen to any team. But it looks unlikely that will happen to Celina

2. Celina gets up by 3 touchdowns early. They relax and Vernon makes the big rally. This also looks unlikely because it hasen't happened yet.

3. Celina holds our rushing game to 75 yards and our total offense to 165. Could easily happen. We hold your offense to 240 total yards. And we beat you with our special teams. This to me is the most likely way we win. Celina has a very strong defense. But Vernon has a defense that matches up nearly as well with your Offense as your defense matches up to us. We have at times had and outstanding kicking game for a AAA school.

AND there is just one way I see Celina winning. They end up being better than us!!

In the for what it is worth department, this will be a game where we actually will out athelete Vernon. If we play our game your total
offense will be closer to 100 hards. We never relax. It will be a good first quarter and then we will pull away as your defense begins to tire. By the fourth it should be 35 7 or 35 14 and that is if you get a special teams gift.

This was posted at Texas HS football.
Here is the link if you want it.
http://texashsfootball.com/board/index.php?showtopic=31808&st=60

WildTexan
12-18-2006, 06:28 PM

Edited for slight content. Take it easy

What a chump moron this fool is....they get beaten SOLID after the very 1st possession and he comes out with excuses and whining like a woman.....FACT - you only scored in the 1st hal;f because we ran a 3play series as planned, it did not work, and the punt went about a yard.....2 plays and you score, and from that moment on your team did SQUAT....at 27-6 your stud, and he did Look good, finally broke a run, to make the score look better, but the game was already decided after 3 1/2 Quarters but none of you can admit it.....what is really funny is, you claim Celina is one of the worst finalist teams you've seen but WE BEAT YOU so how bad would it be if your one dimensional mediocre defense team was there?

We beat you....we beat you SOLID....no trick plays...no bad calls....no stars hurt and missing the game....we just beat you.....and if you have the gumption next year, come on back to the semi's and we'll beat you again, cause we WILL be there again, but I can not expect the same from you....

rundoe
12-18-2006, 06:40 PM

Celina Sucks

Tiger, Arn't you used to that by now, everyone always hi-jacks yor threads, lol.
Rundoe

thatsminty
12-18-2006, 06:41 PM
hahaha

thats kind of sad.

no respect.

Eagle 1
12-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Im not sure how this is a hijacked thread that is titled "The Panthers will whip the Bobcats," but oh well.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1974/machineob8.gif

BobcatBenny
12-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Tiger WR, personally I think your thread is completely successful.

I am whipped by it! :bigcry:

BOB_CAT_PRIDE
12-18-2006, 11:10 PM
man...this site is sure going to be homer-LH this week! :( That's sad...because few people on here have even seen Celina play so they don't know what they're missing.

I have to some what agree with you. And I am amazed by the lack of respect both teams are getting for making it this far, especially Celina with this being their first year back to 3A.

Either way, it will be a good game.

May the best team that is meant to win, win and it will be sad for the team that doesn't win the State Championship while at the same time, what a great accomplishment for them both.

Personally........GO BOB CATS!

BOB_CAT_PRIDE
12-18-2006, 11:26 PM

Well Tiger, can you explain to me how a team who 'sucks' can have 31 consecutive wins? I'd really hate to see what your expectations of a 'non-sucking' team is. :nerd:

GO CATS BEAT THE PANTHERS!

BOB_CAT_PRIDE
12-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Now now...I'm not on the Celina bandwagon! :)

I agree on this statement. However...I don't think everybody is saying that Celina is better at this, that, or whatever. They are just saying that they are very disciplined, they execute very well, they are used to these types of situations. It's not a question of if they are better prepared than the other team...it's more of stating that they do a lot of things well and you can expect to see them prepared for the game.

FYI:

No one is saying Celina players or programs are better than anyone but I will personally say this:

Celina does have a GREAT program, so much so that 7th grade up (all 'a' and 'b' teams) are district champions for 2006. That says a lot and is a huge accomplishment for Celina.

Also, if you've ever watched the movie (Power, Passion, & Glory) of Celina Football, you will notice a piece that shows, I believe 5th graders who had never been scored on their entire season that year, who will be the next two years' worth of players.

GO CATS!

Old Tiger
12-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by BOB_CAT_PRIDE
Well Tiger, can you explain to me how a team who 'sucks' can have 31 consecutive wins? I'd really hate to see what your expectations of a 'non-sucking' team is.

GO CATS BEAT THE PANTERS! :nerd: Plain and simple...cause they are playing LH

BOB_CAT_PRIDE
12-18-2006, 11:38 PM

Ranger Mom,

I am surprised to hear you type that, although I have not yet read all posts, because I see the complete opposite, atleast from the players that is. They have not yet shown much excitement nor have they acted as though they are the 'best' and most definately have not been overly confident. They seem to continue to stay focused and work hard and improve. Most everyone I have met from Celina has been overly nice and proud but not prude.

Hm!

GWOOD
12-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan
What a chump moron this fool is....they get beaten SOLID after the very 1st possession and he comes out with excuses and whining like a woman.....FACT - you only scored in the 1st hal;f because we ran a 3play series as planned, it did not work, and the punt went about a yard.....2 plays and you score, and from that moment on your team did SQUAT....at 27-6 your stud, and he did Look good, finally broke a run, to make the score look better, but the game was already decided after 3 1/2 Quarters but none of you can admit it.....what is really funny is, you claim Celina is one of the worst finalist teams you've seen but WE BEAT YOU so how bad would it be if your one dimensional mediocre defense team was there?

We beat you....we beat you SOLID....no trick plays...no bad calls....no stars hurt and missing the game....we just beat you.....and if you have the gumption next year, come on back to the semi's and we'll beat you again, cause we WILL be there again, but I can not expect the same from you....

Meds! Meds! Someone find the dang meds!

BOB_CAT_PRIDE
12-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Plain and simple...cause they are playing LH

AHHHHHHH! I see how it is! Well at least you could show some respect and sportsmanship. After all, it will be a good game to watch. Besides, it is what it is....Celina is a great team and they have a great program with wonderful coaches, why is that so hard to admit? The facts speak for themselves and there's no reason to be so insulting and mouthy.

:doh:

GWOOD
12-19-2006, 12:04 AM
Ranger Mom,

I am surprised to hear you type that, although I have not yet read all posts, because I see the complete opposite, atleast from the players that is. They have not yet shown much excitement nor have they acted as though they are the 'best' and most definately have not been overly confident.

Hm!

Bob Cat Pride,

No one is saying that about the players. In fact, Vernon posters were very complimentary of the players.

Some of the posts by some of the Celina posters just have a condescending attitude. Some are downright rude and others are a lot more civilized but just seem a little shocked that we don't take their word for it when they say something.

Most of it is in good fun. Some of it is a "holding your feet to the fire" and others, like Tiger WR, is just trying to yank your chain with his comments.

carter08
12-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Plain and simple...cause they are playing LH

If the results of your poll had been different it would be the other way around :p

BOB_CAT_PRIDE
12-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Bob Cat Pride,

No one is saying that about the players. In fact, Vernon posters were very complimentary of the players.

Some of the posts by some of the Celina posters just have a condescending attitude. Some are downright rude and others are a lot more civilized but just seem a little shocked that we don't take their word for it when they say something.

Most of it is in good fun. Some of it is a "holding your feet to the fire" and others, like Tiger WR, is just trying to yank your chain with his comments.

Well I can only hope that the 'down right rude' comments are not from Celinian's. I can understand the having fun and yanking someone's chain but it does not appear as though some of it is but maybe I am just sensitive to the Bobcats. They seem to be such a great team and town for that matter that they seem to be getting a bum rap. They have done great for being in 3A this year and knowing some of them personally and watching them play each week you feel for them and just want people to realize they are people too. People who have worked harder than most even realize and still aren't celebrating.

Thanks GWOOD for the clarification and attempt to make me feel better.

;)

southlakedragon
12-19-2006, 12:28 AM
I hope Celina whips Liberty Hill for the state championship. And my team will win state again for the fourth time in a row. Go get the rings bobcats.

lhpantherdad
12-19-2006, 12:37 AM
That's right! Bobcats don't have tails, so they won't even have to tuck tail when the Panthers run all over them! ;)

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 12:37 AM
AHHHHHHH! I see how it is! Well at least you could show some respect and sportsmanship. After all, it will be a good game to watch. Besides, it is what it is....Celina is a great team and they have a great program with wonderful coaches, why is that so hard to admit? The facts speak for themselves and there's no reason to be so insulting and mouthy.

:doh: Yea it will be a good game....for LH's JV in the second half!

LHPfactory
12-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Well I guess the LH offense is doomed. Even though they were able to put up points and move the ball against Cuero, Wimberly, Hutto, Giddings, and Hondo (and everyone else this season), Celina will shut them down. Celina has shut down how many top 20 Offenses this year? Well it sounds like they have shut out #1 before the game has even started. Oh my poor Panthers, what ever will we do? We have to play the Lufkin of 3A, they are unbeatable, unmovable, and unstopable. We may as well sit in sack cloth and ashes and mourn, lets heap dust upon our heads and lament. Only that we would be delivered from the paw of the mighty bobcats........:helpme: :bigcry: :weeping:

LHPfactory
12-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by southlakedragon
I hope Celina whips Liberty Hill for the state championship. And my team will win state again for the fourth time in a row. Go get the rings bobcats.

Only cause that bad call carried SLC past Trinity, and Round Rock knocked out Lufkin.

BOB_CAT_PRIDE
12-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Yea it will be a good game....for LH's JV in the second half!

Yea, see you at the game!

lhpantherdad
12-19-2006, 01:40 AM
It should be interesting...they are predicting 50% chance of rain for Sat.

I just watched the coach of Westlake talk about a game in Floyd Casey stadium back in 1990. Said it was -10 degrees and the field was iced over. He said all they could think about was getting the game over with. LOL

bobcat1
12-19-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Well I guess the LH offense is doomed. Even though they were able to put up points and move the ball against Cuero, Wimberly, Hutto, Giddings, and Hondo (and everyone else this season), Celina will shut them down. Celina has shut down how many top 20 Offenses this year? Well it sounds like they have shut out #1 before the game has even started. Oh my poor Panthers, what ever will we do? We have to play the Lufkin of 3A, they are unbeatable, unmovable, and unstopable. We may as well sit in sack cloth and ashes and mourn, lets heap dust upon our heads and lament. Only that we would be delivered from the paw of the mighty bobcats........:helpme: :bigcry: :weeping: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Ranger Mom
12-19-2006, 07:25 AM
Ranger Mom,

I am surprised to hear you type that, although I have not yet read all posts, because I see the complete opposite, atleast from the players that is. They have not yet shown much excitement nor have they acted as though they are the 'best' and most definately have not been overly confident. They seem to continue to stay focused and work hard and improve. Most everyone I have met from Celina has been overly nice and proud but not prude.

Hm!

If you look back over any of my posts, you will not find a single post toward a player OR the Celina team as a whole. I'm sure they are a great group of young men and obviously a great football team. My comments aren't even toward the majority of Celina posters, I get along great with most of them...BUT, there are a few who just don't know when to quit! THEY are the obnoxious ones I speak of. Even some of the Celina faithful feel the need to apologize for them and distance themselves from the more obnoxious ones.....so, that should tell you something right there.

Yes, I am rooting for Liberty Hill. I don't know why that is so hard for some people to understand. LH Panther Mom, who is a moderator and a good friend of mine, has a son playing on the Panther team. I am throwing my support THAT way for that reason and that reason only. That is what friends do! She cheered for my Greenwood Rangers the entire season too!! Maybe they will win and maybe they won't. Either way, I will be there for her, cheering on her son and his team mates!

GO PANTHERS!!!!

hookandladder
12-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Liberty Hill wins this one, offense will not be stopped.
48-21.

bobcat1
12-19-2006, 07:48 AM
If you look back over any of my posts, you will not find a single post toward a player OR the Celina team as a whole. I'm sure they are a great group of young men and obviously a great football team. My comments aren't even toward the majority of Celina posters, I get along great with most of them...BUT, there are a few who just don't know when to quit! THEY are the obnoxious ones I speak of. Even some of the Celina faithful feel the need to apologize for them and distance themselves from the more obnoxious ones.....so, that should tell you something right there.

Yes, I am rooting for Liberty Hill. I don't know why that is so hard for some people to understand. LH Panther Mom, who is a moderator and a good friend of mine, has a son playing on the Panther team. I am throwing my support THAT way for that reason and that reason only. That is what friends do! She cheered for my Greenwood Rangers the entire season too!! Maybe they will win and maybe they won't. Either way, I will be there for her, cheering on her son and his team mates!

GO PANTHERS!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bobcat1
12-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
48-21. :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

BobcatBenny
12-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Ranger Mom, I don't get it. Why would you be pulling for Liberty Hill? :D

Ranger Mom
12-19-2006, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Ranger Mom, I don't get it. Why would you be pulling for Liberty Hill? :D

My fashion consultant told me I look better in purple than in orange!:)

Darren
12-19-2006, 08:37 AM
LH by at least 14.... Don't make me eat crow LH....

Darren

kenco13
12-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I pick LH in a really really close game that comes down to the last drive but as far as LH whipping Celina, NO WAY does that happen. Celina can just as easily whip LH. All in all, I have no idea who wins this game, the two teams are pretty even from what ive seen of both. Picking LH in a 2 point ball game is just a guess.

Hey G2, wonder if LH knows about the curse? Everytime you've picked against Celina in the Championship game they've Won!!:) :thinking: Thanks Man!:cool: I'll be talking to you at the game, have a safe drive to Waco! LOL Kenco13

JJ7997
12-19-2006, 11:08 AM
48-21.

As Tom Arnold told Arnold Schwartzeneger in True Lies " Ballsy, stupid but Ballsy "

BOB_CAT_PRIDE
12-19-2006, 11:43 AM

GO PANTHERS!!!!

Ranger Mom,

I am not saying NO one has been that way, I am seeing a ton of that type of response from supporting Panther fans. I don't care why you support the panthers, I think it's great you do that for a friend, I would too. Us supporting mom's rock. I just hope everyone stays safe Saturday and these proud posters chill out cuz someone's going to have to eat their words and being too cocky and confident is unnecessary.

:)

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Ranger Mom,

I am not saying NO one has been that way, I am seeing a ton of that type of response from supporting Panther fans. I don't care why you support the panthers, I think it's great you do that for a friend, I would too. Us supporting mom's rock. I just hope everyone stays safe Saturday and these proud posters chill out cuz someone's going to have to eat their words and being too cocky and confident is unnecessary.

:)

I'm in the same boat as Ranger Mom. Proud supporter of the Liberty Hill Panthers!!

I can honestly say that the majority of us will be back sometime on Saturday or Sunday to congratulate BOTH teams and deal with whatever crow might be on the table. OR serve it up!!! :p :p

WildTexan
12-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Thank GOD I am here to give RM a reason to root for LH....all her close friends are over there, so with ME here being me, and not dropping down to the menial status of most of these Bobcats fans around me, she gets to have an excuse to side with her friends and not offend the good clean Bobcats fans that are here....someday I may just become a typical, boring hs football fan like most of those here, but I'm pretty much doubting it....

for now I will just spend the next couple of days doing the job RM has paid me to....oh wait.....she told me not to tell, so.....NEVERMIND....

by the way RM - most women probably do look pretty good in purple....orange is a tough color to wear in everyday situations....but around north Texas it sure does get noticed when we KINGS.....I mean.....Celina fans....wear our game gear....

Now back in THE STREAK....you know, when we won every dang game against every dang opponent for over 4 years cause we were just THAT DANG GOOD.....my daughter was showing pigs in FFA (and we were just that dang good there too) and every early Saturday when we were unloading, boys from all over the State would come over to ask us if we won again the night before...that was what got her into the sport finally was all the attention THE STREAK was bringing us....

I do admit I have to have THE SPEECH to my son often...this run over the last 11 years has been outragious....it has not happened because of me or bobcat1 or billyfred or benny....it has been a great coaching staff, some hard working young men, and a system in this town that is only duplicated closely by SLC, as TDodge came to town and put in the same top to bottom scope as we have here.....I have to tell my son to enjoy the ride, because as one of these guys here has on his Sig line - ONE State title is tough to get, but man 7 is ridiculous...

when I moved here in 1990 the team was decent but not world beaters.....good thing they recruited me here to be the fan I am so the team could get to winning like we have....

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Well I guess the LH offense is doomed. Even though they were able to put up points and move the ball against Cuero, Wimberly, Hutto, Giddings, and Hondo (and everyone else this season), Celina will shut them down. Celina has shut down how many top 20 Offenses this year? Well it sounds like they have shut out #1 before the game has even started. Oh my poor Panthers, what ever will we do? We have to play the Lufkin of 3A, they are unbeatable, unmovable, and unstopable. We may as well sit in sack cloth and ashes and mourn, lets heap dust upon our heads and lament. Only that we would be delivered from the paw of the mighty bobcats........:helpme: :bigcry: :weeping:

Yeah you are right. The best offense we shut down this year was Robinson at number 5 to 14 points and their number 23 defense held us to a measly 42 points. Really not much of an indicator since yall are number one and 20--Huh that cannot be right? Why it's--it's--it's really close like almost the same even.
Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmm.

Alaska cat
12-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I think this will be a great game, not a blow out by either, but in the end, a 10-to-14 point win. Defense will dominate the play on the field...and special teams will play a critical role. The team with the most turnovers loses. Over/Under in the 55 range.

I totally concur, and since LH has no special teams, can't pass, fumble 3 times a game, average 25 yards punting, give up an average of 21 points a game seems their fate is sealed...:)

55 O/U might be a tad high...I think it will be a grind it out ball control game

Alaska cat
12-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by lhpantherdad
That's right! Bobcats don't have tails, so they won't even have to tuck tail when the Panthers run all over them! ;)

You got that all wrong Dad..If Celina looses they will shake your hand and give you an atta boy, as you will have accomplished something only a select few (4) in the last 8 years have managed to accomplish

But you have to earn it first:)

Alaska cat
12-19-2006, 01:41 PM

Wow, would that be because the starters from LH are to banged up to continue?

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
Wow, would that be because the starters from LH are to banged up to continue? because the scoreboard will be like LH 56 Celina 21

SintonFan
12-19-2006, 01:44 PM

but around north Texas it sure does get noticed when we KINGS.....I mean.....Celina fans....wear our game gear....

I think that what you see above might be what is the root of the problem many folks see here.
Using your team's success to justify your own cockiness is just ugly. It's a football game for goodness sake. No one should use a HS football team's success to stroke their own egos.
I bet that sales of air fresheners around Celina are down this year because noone needs that in their bathrooms anymore.:p

Alaska cat
12-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Darren
LH by at least 14.... Don't make me eat crow LH....

Darren

would you prefer prefer your crow stewed, boiled , broiled or as hot wings? :D :D :D

DaHop72
12-19-2006, 01:51 PM
but around north Texas it sure does get noticed when we KINGS.....I mean.....Celina fans....wear our game gear....

There has only been one "KING" on the downlow and you're not him.:D :D :D :D

bobcat1
12-19-2006, 01:55 PM
http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/fingers/fing10.gif

Alaska cat
12-19-2006, 02:02 PM
because the scoreboard will be like LH 56 Celina 21

Lets see 56 would be about the sum of all points scored on them the entire regular season...hmmm what an unlikey concept, but wishful thinking. I would think it would be much closer to the season average ...7 than anything around 56, but heh I have been wrong before..:D

Good Luck Saturday!

bulldogman06
12-19-2006, 02:03 PM
whoa, I guarantee LH gets over 7, Id even bet it would be closer to 56 than 7

carter08
12-19-2006, 02:04 PM

Maybe the freshman will get to play :p

Alaska cat
12-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

I bet that sales of air fresheners around Celina are down this year because noone needs that in their bathrooms anymore.:p

oooh noo we have lots of them...and they are all Orange like everything else :D

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Maybe the freshman will get to play :p

We already have a freshman playing. Mike linebacker Caleb Levy.
Man is he going to be good.

Alaska cat
12-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06

Oooh that sounds like a gambling oportunity...but since it is a no no...we will just have to wait and see, but common sense says that wont happen.

The game will not be a track meet...and LH's defense will spend an inordinate amount of time of the field. so they won't have time to accomplish anything near that.

But Good Luck To You and the panthers:)

bobcat1
12-19-2006, 02:22 PM
whoa, I guarantee LH gets over 7, Id even bet it would be closer to 56 than 7 :doh: :crazy: :dispntd: :hand:

hookandladder
12-19-2006, 02:39 PM
We already have a freshman playing. Mike linebacker Caleb Levy.
Man is he going to be good.

He better be good Saturday or Allman will run him over.

icu812
12-19-2006, 03:19 PM
I would be shocked if LH scored more than 20 points (I'm thinking 14 early then shut down the rest of the way). Celina's D against the run (and the pass) is just that good. Celina by at least two td's. Good luck to both teams.

shamu85
12-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by icu812
I would be shocked if LH scored more than 20 points (I'm thinking 14 early then shut down the rest of the way). Celina's D against the run (and the pass) is just that good. Celina by at least two td's. Good luck to both teams.

So, you don't think LH can put up any more points on Celina's D than Brownsboro or Vernon? Hmmmmm. Interesting perspective.

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
So, you don't think LH can put up any more points on Celina's D than Brownsboro or Vernon? Hmmmmm. Interesting perspective.

hE IS ABOUT right. Mistakes gave Bboro their first score and Vernon got both of theirs on mistakes. While we make mistakes
occasionally it was their speed at BBoro that got theirs and the
wind gave vernon theirs. You won't have the speed of BBoro and I am hoping that the weather is not too bad.

icu812
12-19-2006, 03:55 PM

From what I understand of LH's offense they are good because they use lots of misdirection. Celina is the most diciplined team I've ever seen. They may make a mistake or two early but after that the offense generally goes in reverse. I just think that style of offense plays right into Celina's strength.

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 04:01 PM
He better be good Saturday or Allman will run him over.

I hate to tell you this but Allman is not Aston Whiteside and you can quote me on that. I have never seen a back that hard to bring down at this level. Allman will be tough but I am glad to have had Aston first. He makes allman look like a little guy in comparison.

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 04:02 PM
http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/fingers/fing10.gif

ROTFLMAO:D

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 04:05 PM

I will take that bet. I am giving them 21 points and I believe that is a good number but if our defense plays a+ that will be too much. And I am curious how LH will do for their first try at the big dance. At least about half of the starters on this years team was
on the team last year and have been there before.

WildTexan
12-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I think that what you see above might be what is the root of the problem many folks see here.
Using your team's success to justify your own cockiness is just ugly. It's a football game for goodness sake. No one should use a HS football team's success to stroke their own egos.

another sucker drawn into the web....gawd some of these folks are so dang easy....

GWOOD
12-19-2006, 04:09 PM
another sucker drawn into the web....gawd some of these folks are so dang easy....

:rolleyes: :crazy:

shamu85
12-19-2006, 04:18 PM
From what I understand of LH's offense they are good because they use lots of misdirection. Celina is the most diciplined team I've ever seen. They may make a mistake or two early but after that the offense generally goes in reverse. I just think that style of offense plays right into Celina's strength.

LH's offense is not good BECAUSE of misdirection, they are good because they are pretty decent athletes playing VERY disciplined football. Coach Vance has done a tremendous job getting the LH kids to believe in what he is teaching them. Other than the Giddings game, they don't talk trash, they don't get many penalties, they just play hard, humble football. The misdirection is just what their offense is, not what makes it good. It just requires a team to tackle everyone in order to get the ball carrier. Otherwise, you will see a purple uniform streaking down the middle of the field for 6. Often being disciplined against the slot T means that you only get one shot to tackle the ball carrier, and if they miss, it becomes a foot race to the end zone.

GWOOD
12-19-2006, 04:27 PM
hE IS ABOUT right. Mistakes gave Bboro their first score and Vernon got both of theirs on mistakes. While we make mistakes
occasionally it was their speed at BBoro that got theirs and the
wind gave vernon theirs. You won't have the speed of BBoro and I am hoping that the weather is not too bad.

Billy Fred,

I am surprised at you. Surely you are not saying that the only reason Vernon scored is because Celina gave it away? The Wind? No credit to Vernon? Are you kidding me?

Ah, but let me guess. When Celina scored it was all because of their superior schemes, execution, and so on, and so on.

I agree--the wind was a factor. If i am remembering correctly and I did listen intently to the whole game here is the two scores when with the wind:

Vernon 13 Celina 9 (When Vernon had the wind in their favor)

Celina 21 Vernon 0 (When Celina had the wind in their favor)

Really now, you guys won the game. Outplayed them. Why downplay the things that Vernon did do in that ballgame? 14-0 record just not enough for an ego boost?

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Billy Fred,

I am surprised at you. Surely you are not saying that the only reason Vernon scored is because Celina gave it away? The Wind? No credit to Vernon? Are you kidding me?

Ah, but let me guess. When Celina scored it was all because of their superior schemes, execution, and so on, and so on.

I agree--the wind was a factor. If i am remembering correctly and I did listen intently to the whole game here is the two scores when with the wind:

Really now, you guys won the game. Outplayed them. Why downplay the things that Vernon did do in that ballgame? 14-0 record just not enough for an ego boost?
The first score was because of the wind. Killed the poor kid in the punt formation and he shanked a bad one even worse. Very short field. Then the wind on the int because it held Dru's ball up a little more than he thought and the safety was able to bump the receiver off the route and the ball went to him. Ball took to long to get there.

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 04:32 PM
I hate to tell you this but Allman is not Aston Whiteside and you can quote me on that. I have never seen a back that hard to bring down at this level. Allman will be tough but I am glad to have had Aston first. He makes allman look like a little guy in comparison.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dang coach, don't you have some more film to watch??

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Billy Fred,

Not down playing at all. Both were mistakes on our part caused in part by the wind and some good play on the other side of the ball. But the punt was a wind shank not a block. It happend right
in front of me.

GWOOD
12-19-2006, 04:33 PM
The first score was because of the wind. Killed the poor kid in the punt formation and he shanked a bad one even worse. Very short field. Then the wind on the int because it held Dru's ball up a little more than he thought and the safety was able to bump the receiver off the route and the ball went to him. Ball took to long to get there.

Have you turned that information into the UIL? Because it is so compelling that I bet they would change the score to 30-0.

icu812
12-19-2006, 04:33 PM
LH's offense is not good BECAUSE of misdirection, they are good because they are pretty decent athletes playing VERY disciplined football. Coach Vance has done a tremendous job getting the LH kids to believe in what he is teaching them. Other than the Giddings game, they don't talk trash, they don't get many penalties, they just play hard, humble football. The misdirection is just what their offense is, not what makes it good. It just requires a team to tackle everyone in order to get the ball carrier. Otherwise, you will see a purple uniform streaking down the middle of the field for 6. Often being disciplined against the slot T means that you only get one shot to tackle the ball carrier, and if they miss, it becomes a foot race to the end zone.

:thumbsup: Can't wait to see LH play. I would rather watch that style of offense than almost any other (I also like watching a true wishbone option team).

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 04:35 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dang coach, don't you have some more film to watch??

YOu ever see Aston Whiteside? Kid is 6 2 238 and a hurdler on the track team. Not fast but solid. Could not bring him down single handedly. Well almost. Jamie handled him and Troy when
they got the chance. But the secondary really needed help with the guy. What a LOAD. You just have to see the guy to believe it.

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Have you turned that information into the UIL? Because it is so compelling that I bet they would change the score to 30-0.

Simple story. We made mistakes and it led to scores. What is so
complicated about that?

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 04:38 PM
YOu ever see Aston Whiteside? Kid is 6 2 238 and a hurdler on the track team. Not fast but solid. Could not bring him down single handedly. Well almost. Jamie handled him and Troy when
they got the chance. But the secondary really needed help with the guy. What a LOAD. You just have to see the guy to believe it. No, I haven't seen him play, but I'm glad he impressed you.

I have seen Doug play and he is quite a load too. There are usually more than one defender trying to bring him down.

I wanna ask you something. Should, God forbid the almighty Celina Bobcats fall to the Panthers will you come back on here and give them a little credit?? :thinking:

I hope so b/c all this stuff you keep dishing out will make for GREAT CROW SOUP!! :p :p

GWOOD
12-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Simple story. We made mistakes and it led to scores. What is so
complicated about that?

Well Billy Fred here is what's so complicated to me. You are using the same kind of language that I hear other people use on this forum when they get beat!

You guys won. Why do you feel the need to explain away 13 points that Vernon scored on you guys when Celina scored 30?

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Well Billy Fred here is what's so complicated to me. You are using the same kind of language that I hear other people use on this forum when they get beat!

You guys won. Why do you feel the need to explain away 13 points that Vernon scored on you guys when Celina scored 30?

I just said we made mistakes and they led to scores. It is a fact.
Not an explanation. Vernon played good solid hardnosed football.
They took advantage of our mistakes like a good team should. They just were not able to do anything else. How is that a problem? It is exactly what happened. No tricks no spin just facts. If it offends you I apologize. I think you are just reading into it because I mean nothing by it. To me that is part of the game. It is just football. Games can turn on mistakes.

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 05:04 PM
No, I haven't seen him play, but I'm glad he impressed you.

I have seen Doug play and he is quite a load too. There are usually more than one defender trying to bring him down.

I wanna ask you something. Should, God forbid the almighty Celina Bobcats fall to the Panthers will you come back on here and give them a little credit?? :thinking:

I hope so b/c all this stuff you keep dishing out will make for GREAT CROW SOUP!! :p :p

Always. I have no problem with that at all. In fact you have not seen me make anything close to a prediction in this game other
than Celina's D will cause problems for the O. Who wins, who knows. But I expect a different game than what most of the lhpanther folks seem to think is going to happen.

wimbo_pro
12-19-2006, 05:06 PM
No, I haven't seen him play, but I'm glad he impressed you.

No matter who wins, there is gonna be crow served up for sure!!!

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Always. I have no problem with that at all. In fact you have not seen me make anything close to a prediction in this game other than Celina's D will cause problems for the O. Who wins, who knows. But I expect a different game than what most of the lhpanther folks seem to think is going to happen. :thinking: Hmmmmmm....I'll have to go back and check. So you admit you are just blowing hot air? :p :p ;)

I want to see a GOOD GAME!! I think the weather will only be a factor for the fans. I am excited to see this Celina "D" I keep hearing/reading about. I want the Panthers to win and I think they have a 50/50 shot at doing just that!!! :D :D

GWOOD
12-19-2006, 05:08 PM
I just said we made mistakes and they led to scores. It is a fact.
Not an explanation. Vernon played good solid hardnosed football.
They took advantage of our mistakes like a good team should. They just were not able to do anything else. How is that a problem? It is exactly what happened. No tricks no spin just facts. If it offends you I apologize. I think you are just reading into it because I mean nothing by it.

Well, now you are soft pedaling your statement. So I went back and reread your statement. It still sounds like an excuse for why your defense gave up a ghastly 13 points. Why? I don't know.

I for one enjoy most of your posts. You are certainly quite an enigma to me. You obviously really enjoy high school football and you certainly are knowledgable about it. I've learned some things from you in the past week. I'm just not sure why you feel the need to downplay other teams in your sophisticated, condescending way that you post about things.

Daddy D 11
12-19-2006, 05:09 PM
like others have said..no one cares about the amazing things that everyone had to do to score on the UNBREAKABLE 10-1...

you won. its over. you play LH now. and no one in LH cares about Vernon. thier alien at runnning back or the wind that blew the ball outta celinas hands and into vernons hand for the touchdown..

give it up.

Daddy D 11
12-19-2006, 05:11 PM
here, ill do everyon a favor? well maybe not a favor but we will see if this is any better?

what kinda offense does Celina run?

formations and all that good stuff?

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Well, now you are soft pedaling your statement. So I went back and reread your statement. It still sounds like an excuse for why your defense gave up a ghastly 13 points. Why? I don't know.

I for one enjoy most of your posts. You are certainly quite an enigma to me. You obviously really enjoy high school football and you certainly are knowledgable about it. I've learned some things from you in the past week. I'm just not sure why you feel the need to downplay other teams in your sophisticated, condescending way that you post about things.

:clap: :clap: Well said GWOOD!!! The last part is what really gets me!! I know that every community has that one fan, it does make for interesting reading!! ;)

Side note GWOOD: I'm sad that this will be our last football game of the season, but am excited about the upcoming spring sports!! See you on the diamond!! :thumbsup: Can't wait for your input!!

GWOOD
12-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
here, ill do everyon a favor? well maybe not a favor but we will see if this is any better?

what kinda offense does Celina run?

formations and all that good stuff?

LOL. Are you growing tired of the debating?

We need another room. I can hear my mother saying so long ago, "Ya'll go into another room if you're gonna argue!"

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 05:16 PM
dddd

wimbo_pro
12-19-2006, 05:16 PM
BillyFredoo...if it hasnt become apparent to you yet, this board is dominated by LH fans and bandwagoners. You've been no more "rude" or condescending in your posts than they have (some of them, anyway). Dont let them make you think otherwise.

GWOOD
12-19-2006, 05:20 PM

Side note GWOOD: I'm sad that this will be our last football game of the season, but am excited about the upcoming spring sports!! See you on the diamond!! :thumbsup: Can't wait for your input!!

Yea, we made a pretty good team highlighting the spring sports on this football-comes-first board.

GWOOD
12-19-2006, 05:20 PM
BillyFredoo...if it hasnt become apparent to you yet, this board is dominated by LH fans and bandwagoners. You've been no more "rude" or condescending in your posts than they have (some of them, anyway). Dont let them make you think otherwise.

Clueless :rolleyes:

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Yea, we made a pretty good team highlighting the spring sports on this football-comes-first board. :D :D You know it!! :thumbsup:

I won't hijack this thread though, but we'll be "talking" soon!! :cool:

wimbo_pro
12-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Clueless :rolleyes:

I wouldnt say you were clueless, Gwood...that would be a bit harsh!:p

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 05:23 PM
dddd

hmmmmmm.....I could have sworn I saw something else up here!! :thinking: :confused:

wimbo_pro
12-19-2006, 05:24 PM
hmmmmmm.....I could have sworn I saw something else up here!! :thinking: :confused:

Yeah!...what happened?

Daddy D 11
12-19-2006, 05:25 PM
GWOOD im not tired of the debating..im tired of the WAITING! :mad:

i want to see what this 10-1 is all about :thinking:

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah!...what happened? Maybe he didn't want to give away any secrets??? Who knows??? Or maybe he had to go watch practice?? :D

wimbo_pro
12-19-2006, 05:27 PM
LOL@Daddy....enjoy the week, its a great feeling when the whole town is pumped...it goes by too fast. The game will get here fast enough...just sit back and enjoy the excitement! Your boys earned it.

wimbo_pro
12-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Maybe he didn't want to give away any secrets??? Who knows??? Or maybe he had to go watch practice?? :D

I seriously doubt he was giving any secrets away...all that stuff he listed, the LH coaches already know. You can call the LH coaches many things, but stupid is NOT one of them.

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 05:29 PM
I seriously doubt he was giving any secrets away...all that stuff he listed, the LH coaches already know. You can call the LH coaches many things, but stupid is NOT one of them. Dude, I know that and you know that, but who knows what is going on in Billy Boy's head. :nerd: :D

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Dude, I know that and you know that, but who knows what is going on in Billy Boy's head. :nerd: :D

It is called a network crash. I was trying to edit and delete and screwed up. whoo hooo......

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 05:35 PM
It is called a network crash. I was trying to edit and delete and screwed up. whoo hooo...... ahhhhh, I feel your pain!! Well, hurry up and get the post back up cause it looked interesting. :D

wimbo_pro
12-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Yes ...hurry...I was on the phone with the LH staff, going over it just when it crashed.

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Yes ...hurry...I was on the phone with the LH staff, going over it just when it crashed. Now, you know they've blocked your number!! :p :p

wimbo_pro
12-19-2006, 05:49 PM
I bought a GO phone for just such a case!!!

icu812
12-19-2006, 05:49 PM

Here is a thought....it is that kind of thinking that has allowed Celina win championship after championship. I betcha Celina is full of "Billy Fred's" who are not happy about giving up 13 points and feel the need to fix that problem. Is that over the top? Yes, but so is only losing 4 games since 1999.

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 05:50 PM
I bought a GO phone for just such a case!!! A GO AWAY phone??

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Yes ...hurry...I was on the phone with the LH staff, going over it just when it crashed.

ROTFLMAO

GWOOD
12-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Here is a thought....it is that kind of thinking that has allowed Celina win championship after championship. I betcha Celina is full of "Billy Fred's" who are not happy about giving up 13 points and feel the need to fix that problem. Is that over the top? Yes, but so is only losing 4 games since 1999.

I doubt very seriously that the quality Celina coaching staff sit around and make excuses--like the wind--for why they gave up only 13 points.

icu812
12-19-2006, 05:56 PM
I doubt very seriously that the quality Celina coaching staff sit around and make excuses--like the wind--for why they gave up only 13 points.

Your right about that :D

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 05:57 PM

Well I suppose I could say that wind gusts to 40 had nothing to do with the passing game and the punting game. Just the way the cookie crumbles. Still a good game and an excellent opponent. I think we would like to borrow Aston this weekend.
Do you know if he is busy?

GWOOD
12-19-2006, 05:59 PM
... I think we would like to borrow Aston this weekend.
Do you know if he is busy?

I heard he is in some town close to Austin visiting with them about their football program.

I have no clue what that's all about!:eek:

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 06:05 PM

Well the simple truth is that we are playing a very good team this weekend. And we could lose. The Panthers are a team to be reckoned with. No one gets this far without being top notch. We like to feel we can win but like Coach Ford says, with what has happened to our team this year we feel pretty lucky to be here.
All my jawing aside, it is tongue in cheek. I love old fashioned football and LH plays it well.

SintonFan
12-19-2006, 07:47 PM
I suspected you might be sarcastic but it's kinda hard to tell with all the fly's buzzing around that post.
It's fascinating that some of you come on here and have this attitude that this board is made of a bunch of bumpkins or something. That couldn't be further from the truth.:evilgrin:

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 08:17 PM
I heard he is in some town close to Austin visiting with them about their football program.

Good for him. I would have loved to see him roll up one of those
200 yard days. I talked to a couple of the guys after the game
and they said he was like hittin a brick wall. He rates up there pretty high in my book. If he gets started he is awful hard to stop.

GWOOD
12-19-2006, 08:56 PM

My poor attempt at humor. Liberty Hills is about 30 miles from Austin:D

DaHop72
12-19-2006, 09:04 PM
But the punt was a wind shank not a block. It happend right
in front of me. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: What do you think p4s?

lostaussie
12-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: What do you think p4s? hop...........you coming to the game?

southlakedragon
12-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Only cause that bad call carried SLC past Trinity, and Round Rock knocked out Lufkin.

everyone blames it on bad calls. SLC was just the better team.

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 09:09 PM
It's 8:09 and the Bobcats still suck

DaHop72
12-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
hop...........you coming to the game? I'm trying to figure out a way to aussie. Wife has family coming in that day so I'm trying to make a deal.:thinking: :thinking: Any ideas?

lostaussie
12-19-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm trying to figure out a way to aussie. Wife has family coming in that day so I'm trying to make a deal.:thinking: :thinking: Any ideas? make up a lie............always works for me:D

lostaussie
12-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
make up a lie............always works for me:D I got it............buisness meeting with David Koresh.............wait:thinking: that won't work!!!!!!!!

WildTexan
12-19-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm trying to figure out a way to aussie. Wife has family coming in that day so I'm trying to make a deal.:thinking: :thinking: Any ideas?

If a man was to......say......need to go to a special store in Waco to buy some wife the greatest xmas present of all time (camo panties and bra set) then I would think she would understand his need to drive to Waco, spend 3-4 hours being sure he decided on THE best choice of her present, then drive back home to wrap her gift.....(throw 10 bucks in the box as well so she can have cokes and twinkees for a few days as well)

bobcat1
12-19-2006, 10:12 PM
It's 8:09 and the Bobcats still suck http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2882/flyingpigkd3.jpg

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm trying to figure out a way to aussie. Wife has family coming in that day so I'm trying to make a deal.:thinking: :thinking: Any ideas?

Just tell her that you want to give her time alone with HER family. Say you are going out for snacks, then call and say you were abducted by crazy football fans and they won't return you until after the game!! :D :D :D

Why can't all women be cool like us gals of the downlow?? :thinking: :p :p

I'm driving from SINTON!! Ranger Mom is driving from MIDLAND along with sweetpeach. CHS_CG is driving from Caldwell (well, okay that isn't too far) but you get the picture. ;)

SpursFan
12-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Go LH PANTHERS!!!
WIN STATE!!!!

Since my Gobblers are not there!!

Has anyone noticed who has the best record in the NBA!!! :clap:

turbostud
12-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Man up and tell her how its going to be.
By the way i just got permission to go to the SLC game in SA. :D

DaHop72
12-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Man up and tell her how its going to be.
By the way i just got permission to go to the SLC game in SA. :D http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

GWOOD
12-19-2006, 10:55 PM
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2882/flyingpigkd3.jpg

:clap: You're doing very well.

If Celina wins you I predict you will be posting for 24 hours straight...no break.

LHMom
12-19-2006, 11:28 PM

Do what I did. Call 'em and tell them not to come. :)

rundoe
12-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Just tell her that you want to give her time alone with HER family. Say you are going out for snacks, then call and say you were abducted by crazy football fans and they won't return you until after the game!! :D :D :D

Why can't all women be cool like us gals of the downlow?? :thinking: :p :p

I'm driving from SINTON!! Ranger Mom is driving from MIDLAND along with sweetpeach. CHS_CG is driving from Caldwell (well, okay that isn't too far) but you get the picture. ;)

Ya'll gonna sit behind me again so you can see me yell my head off again, worked last time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Ya'll gonna sit behind me again so you can see me yell my head off again, worked last time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You know it!! Save us a seat!! :) See you there!! Kellye (Ranger Mom) & sweetpeach will need Liberty Hill t-shirts. I have my "thunderstruck tour" shirt. :D

Alaska cat
12-20-2006, 01:08 AM

He is one quality kid, but I see him getting recruited on Defense not offense, he is a far better linebacker than RB...at that level. He hits like a truck....and that is a compliment on a good kid

Hansum Stranger
12-20-2006, 06:08 AM
..this run over the last 11 years has been outragious....it has not happened because of me or bobcat1 or billyfred or benny...

Are you sure about that? Seems like atleast one or two of these names try's to take a lot of credit for the team.

bobcat1
12-20-2006, 06:15 AM
http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/75_75.gif http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/75_75.gif http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/75_75.gif http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/75_75.gif

WildTexan
12-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
Are you sure about that? Seems like atleast one or two of these names try's to take a lot of credit for the team.

no that is just your jealousy talkin....none of the bobcat fans here take credit for the success, but we do understand it and have seen it enough to know when it is going to work against another team.....

besides, we all know them guys could not cause the success since I am the brains behind this outfit......

westtexasfbfan
12-20-2006, 09:09 AM
They will Saturday Addidas, They will Saturday. I like it when we don't have a chance. You know come to think of it, 3A was going to be "too tuff" for us, but then again, we still probably haven't played anyone yet have we. Just answer me this before we play them, Is Liberty Hill going to be a somebody Sunday? ;) :D

Celina didn't do anything the first year they went to 3A. Do you remember the Dangerfield game of 2002? Where was your talk then? Oh, . . . and I read an article on 3A DownLow how the Celina high school coaches get to coach the middle school football players, and they are complaining that this may change because Celina is growing. Ha!. . . join the club. Celina doesn't recruit. I lived in that area before. I know stuff that a lot of others on this site don't know. So, quit talking.

LHPfactory
12-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Seems Celina has this game played out on paper with LH not able to move the ball and Celina winning. If the real game does not come out the same as the paper game would you like that crow stuffed with the stat sheet?-------------------

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Seems Celina has this game played out on paper with LH not able to move the ball and Celina winning. If the real game does not come out the same as the paper game would you like that crow stuffed with the stat sheet?------------------- ROFL! :clap: :clap: :D And thanks! Now I may have to buy a new keyboard....just spit coffee on my work one. :p

Hansum Stranger
12-20-2006, 09:45 AM
no that is just your jealousy talkin....none of the bobcat fans here take credit for the success

No jealousy at all and yes, atleast one does try to take credit. He needs to realize it's about the boys, not the fans.

bobcat1
12-20-2006, 12:09 PM
:crazy: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :doh:

Hansum Stranger
12-20-2006, 12:10 PM
:crazy: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :doh:

You sure seem to post under me alot. I thought you said you were through replying to me. I guess you're still a liar and still can't keep your word. That doesn't surprise me though.

Old Tiger
12-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Today is Wednesday December 20, 2006 at 11:14 AM Celina still sucks

BILLYFRED0000
12-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
You sure seem to post under me alot. I thought you said you were through replying to me. I guess you're still a liar and still can't keep your word. That doesn't surprise me though.

I don't think he is talkin to you.......:rolleyes:

BILLYFRED0000
12-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by westtexasfbfan
Celina didn't do anything the first year they went to 3A. Do you remember the Dangerfield game of 2002? Where was your talk then? Oh, . . . and I read an article on 3A DownLow how the Celina high school coaches get to coach the middle school football players, and they are complaining that this may change because Celina is growing. Ha!. . . join the club. Celina doesn't recruit. I lived in that area before. I know stuff that a lot of others on this site don't know. So, quit talking.
You don't know carp so chill out.

bobcat1
12-20-2006, 12:29 PM
I don't think he is talkin to you.......:rolleyes: :clap: :clap: :D :crazy: :crazy1:

Bullaholic
12-20-2006, 12:45 PM
How about the special teams in this game? I think with these two that the best field positions will decide the contest. How's the punters, kick coverage/return teams, and FG kickers of each?

Alaska cat
12-20-2006, 03:46 PM

Celina Sucks

Hooooo Hmmmmmm but our cat is still prettier than your cat:)
:p :clap:

Alaska cat
12-20-2006, 03:50 PM
How about the special teams in this game? I think with these two that the best field positions will decide the contest. How's the punters, kick coverage/return teams, and FG kickers of each?

celinas is pretty good, coverage is excellent, Kicker is good to 45 yard FG...punting is usually 35 to 40

LH seems to be lacking in all the kicking categories, passing categories, and pass coverage

BILLYFRED0000
12-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
celinas is pretty good, coverage is excellent, Kicker is good to 45 yard FG...punting is usually 35 to 40

LH seems to be lacking in all the kicking categories, passing categories, and pass coverage

Yeah and we can play football too.

bobcat1
12-20-2006, 06:50 PM
:mad: :mad: :hand:

BILLYFRED0000
12-20-2006, 08:10 PM
:mad: :mad: :hand: :hairpunk: :hairpunk: :(:devil: