PDA

View Full Version : Div.2 Way Better Than Div. 1 This Year

Milk That Cow
12-17-2006, 05:38 PM
No disrespect to those in Division 1, but after watching multiple games in both Divisions, Division 2 is Way Better this year than Division 1.

But, that's just my humble opinion...

carter08
12-17-2006, 05:39 PM
You're a little late

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2006, 05:41 PM
hmm is it really? I think they are comparable, at least the final four teams.

Milk That Cow
12-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by carter08
You're a little late

Sorry, I just got back to the computer this afternoon from traveling to the Game in Dallas...

Has this been discussed before? Link???

lostaussie
12-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Sorry, I just got back to the computer this afternoon from traveling to the Game in Dallas...

Has this been discussed before? Link??? basically from the beginning of the season!!!!

WOS87
12-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
hmm is it really? I think they are comparable, at least the final four teams.

All 4 Division I Semifinalists do not exactly have the best records against the equivalent level of Division II teams....

Week 1
D-II State Finalist Celina 42
D-I State Finalist Robinson 14
FINAL

Week 4
D-II Region Finalist Wimberley 35
D-I State Champ Liberty-Eylau 7
FINAL

Week 4
D-II Area Champ Sweetwater 34
D-I Region Champ Canyon 14
FINAL

Week 8
D-I Region Champ Ingleside 35
D-II Region Semifinalist Orange Grove 34
FINAL

Week 13
D-II Region Champ Hondo 40
D-II Region Semifinalist Orange Grove 3
FINAL

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2006, 08:43 PM
And when were these games played? LE played Wimberley and it was 7-7 when LE starting Qb got hurt..Robinson might have been the hottest team going later in season. Early results do not always tell the tale of either team

mean_green
12-17-2006, 09:01 PM
I agree, D2 was better this year, especially in Regions 3 and 4. In Region 3 you had WOS, Giddings, Liberty Hill, In Region 4 you had Wimberley, Cuero, and Hondo. All of these teams mentioned would have run the table against most of the D1 teams. No disrespect to Pleasanton but they had 5 losses and made it to the Regional final game in D1. Too bad all these teams had to be in D2 because those teams I mentioned are all capable of being State Champs.

WOS87
12-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Early results do not always tell the tale of either team

True, early results don't always but they do most of the time and are a pretty good predictor...

The fact of the matter is that the Division II teams did overwhelmingly better head-to-head against Division I teams no matter what part of the season you look at.

The 8 Quarterfinalists from Division II combined had a 13-1 record against Division I playoff teams during the regular season with the one loss being Decatur's win over Vernon.

The 8 Quarterfinalists from Division I had a combined 11-15 record against Division II playoff teams during the regular season with six of the eight having at least two losses each, Royse City one loss and Ingleside the only Division I quarterfinalist to not lose to a Division II team.

Milk That Cow
12-17-2006, 09:56 PM
WOS 87,

How was it last year with the Div. 1/Div.2 comparison?

Was it just this year, or is it a trend?

big daddy russ
12-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
WOS 87,

How was it last year with the Div. 1/Div.2 comparison?

Was it just this year, or is it a trend?
Division I had been considered by most the stronger division since 2001. Last two seasons, it started to even out.

Before 2000, however, D2 was better.