PDA

View Full Version : Alright you NCAA 07 guys

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm lookin for balanced offensive playbook with multiple sets. Do you know of a good team playbook?

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2006, 04:54 PM
What team you using?

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:55 PM
It doesn't matter i'll probably use Georgia or Baylor or a team like that. Just looking for a pro-style offense.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2006, 04:56 PM
ND has a good pro style play book..Miami does as well.

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:56 PM
What about South Carolina???

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2006, 04:57 PM
it is a cross between pro and old Spurrier style passing, not a big fan of the running plays on it.

big daddy russ
12-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Check out Auburn's playbook. It's my favorite one in the game.

Adidas410s
12-17-2006, 05:11 PM
I like the Forrest playbook. It includes 3 ace formations, 3 multiback formations, and then 4 shotgun formations. It's better than anything else!

In all seriousness, create a playbook with the formations that you want...you'll like that better than any of the default playbooks.

carter08
12-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Check out Auburn's playbook. It's my favorite one in the game.

Bamas playbook is better

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I like the Forrest playbook. It includes 3 ace formations, 3 multiback formations, and then 4 shotgun formations. It's better than anything else!

In all seriousness, create a playbook with the formations that you want...you'll like that better than any of the default playbooks. I don't think you can create playbooks on the 360 version :(

Emerson1
12-17-2006, 05:14 PM
I use Baylors playbook. http://www.sportsgameratings.com/modules/NCAAdisplay/tem.php?team=Baylor

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I use Baylors playbook. http://www.sportsgameratings.com/modules/NCAAdisplay/tem.php?team=Baylor bad link

Emerson1
12-17-2006, 05:29 PM
http://www.sportsgameratings.com/modules/NCAAdisplay/

Emerson1
12-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Try the basic Run and Gun playbook, I started using it yesterday and I really like it. Alot of deep in and out routes and alot of comeback stuff

tigerpride_08
12-20-2006, 09:57 PM
i always use the pass heavy playbook...just love airing it out...:D

bulldogman06
12-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Always loved that run and gun, nobody could ever stop it. NDs playbook is another favorite. either way, it doesnt matter that much, i have used a lot of them and none of them have cost me a game. i play people and let them pick my team and I just stick with the playbook, and I still win. none of the playbooks will hurt you.

JakefootballGOD
12-21-2006, 01:01 AM
does play anyone play online. if so whats your record....

right now my record is 8 -5 not to good still trying to figure out the online game...its a bit different

SpreadtheRed
12-21-2006, 03:30 AM
Anybody wanna challenge me online???? I'll smoke u with Ga. Tech, Mizzou, or even Tejas Tech.....Anyone???? Give out ur screen name and its on biiiiaaaatches

big daddy russ
12-21-2006, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
Anybody wanna challenge me online???? I'll smoke u with Ga. Tech, Mizzou, or even Tejas Tech.....Anyone???? Give out ur screen name and its on biiiiaaaatches
I think adidas would take you up on that offer. From what I've heard, he's one of the best out there.

bulldogman06
12-21-2006, 08:18 AM

Hahaha, Ill find someone who will let me use their username, and then we see what it is you are really smokin.

Emerson1
12-21-2006, 08:55 AM
I think adidas would take you up on that offer. From what I've heard, he's one of the best out there.
He wasn't good enough to beat me.

SpreadtheRed are you on xbox or ps2?

bulldogman06
12-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Emerson, what team do you use?

Emerson1
12-21-2006, 09:14 AM
I have Texas in a league right now which is where I mainly play, but for non season games in the league I usually just match up to whoever the other guy has.

Adidas410s
12-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He wasn't good enough to beat me.

ha...you pull out a win from 2 scores down with a minute left when my left analog stick had popped out of my controller...and you're running around like a JH kid saying "OWNED!!! :eek: "

Maybe I should've used USC and just thrown it up to Jarrett and Smith all day. That sure takes a lot of ability to throw a deep ball. Too bad you didn't play me back on 05 or 04 when I lived on NCAA. Just ask Injured...he saw me "back in my prime." The live tourneys that I played in...I never came close to losing. At one point...I had a margin of victory of 44 points/game over a 14-game period and one of those wins was only by 7 points! ;)

Adidas410s
12-21-2006, 09:21 AM

Thanks for the words of praise Russ. I used to be alright...but the game and the time it takes to be good has passed me by. Don't get me wrong...it's still my favorite to play and I plan to buy a PS3 and NCAA 08 when they come out. However, life and work (along with TV and DVR! ;)) keep from logging the hours needed to keep up with the kids that play 6 hrs a day and will even stay home sick from school just to play. Trust me...back in the day I would run into some 10 yr old kids on there with 4 different screen names just playing all day long. It cracked me up...

3afan
12-21-2006, 09:22 AM
video game nerds :nerd:

:D

wedo
12-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I don't think you can create playbooks on the 360 version :(

On PS2 different teams playbook has different plays. Say i picked LSU's playbook and i wanted to make my own out of that it still has different formations and different plays in those formations than another team. I figured this out when i played LSU and they were running shotgun 2backs and they ran a middle screen on me and it worked pretty good, so i tried to put that formation in my playbook but it didn't have the middle screen and it had different plays than LSU's did. So you kinda look through them all and see what you like. LSU has the best playbook IMO!

Adidas410s
12-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
video game nerds :nerd:

:D

don't hate on your son now! ;)

wedo
12-21-2006, 09:32 AM

GT is the cheating team! All you have to do if you know how to jump is throw it to Calvin Johnson, he is 6'5 with 99 jump! can't stop it unless you big hit him everytime!

Adidas410s
12-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by wedo
GT is the cheating team! All you have to do if you know how to jump is throw it to Calvin Johnson, he is 6'5 with 99 jump! can't stop it unless you big hit him everytime!

That's how people used to use Michigan and Braylan Edwards back in 04...USC with Mike Williams in 05, and USC with Jarrett and Smith in 06. They don't know how to play the game...they can't really do much else...so they just throw it deep to the same guy over and over. Throw 40 deep passes...even if he catches half of them you're throwing for over 400 yards w/o YAC. Then all he has to do is break a tackle every 4th time he catches a pass (not unreasonable on NCAA) and you've got 35 points on the scoreboard. Great strategy for the lesser talented players to compete with the big boys.

It's not hard to defend though...you're best bet is to do a defensive substitution at CB and put in your tallest WR. Then double team him with one safety (run 3-2-6 dime or a quarters cvg) and have another DB in a deep zone. Also, learning the "jump stop" move is a great way to pick off a lot of passes. Long and short. Your defender has to let the receiver by him...then match him stride for stride. Then you have to beat him to the spot of the ball...STOP...and jump straight up. Once you get the hang of it...it's highly effective. It's an even better move to use with any big receiver that you have on deep passes. You won't get a lot of YAC but when you're already gaining 20+ on the pass by dominating the DB's then you don't have to have the extra yards. :)

Emerson1
12-21-2006, 09:47 AM
I remember I used to do that with Mike Wililams back in 05, just ask mywnn05.

Then I started to play in leagues and I learned how to play the game right.

bulldogman06
12-21-2006, 09:55 AM
I never played online, but I have people come over to my house who do or I go to their house, and they just cant seem to stop my running game. I played a guy and I used ND while he had USC (it was the 05 version) and I ran on him 4 outta 5 times and he still lost by 28.

P.S. Ive never played for over 3 hours at once, how could you do that for 6 hours? id get bored, unless i had some really good competition and then maybe it would be ok.

Adidas410s
12-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
I never played online, but I have people come over to my house who do or I go to their house, and they just cant seem to stop my running game. I played a guy and I used ND while he had USC (it was the 05 version) and I ran on him 4 outta 5 times and he still lost by 28.

P.S. Ive never played for over 3 hours at once, how could you do that for 6 hours? id get bored, unless i had some really good competition and then maybe it would be ok.

What type of running game are you using? Virtually any interior running game can be shut down with proper defensive calls using a variety of stunts and (especially) blitzing LB's. With ND, obviously you aren't running too much option unless you are using the backup QB they had on the game that had about 85 speed. If that's the case...it requires either a spy DE or blitzing DB along with manual control of a DE/OLB to "force" the QB to go where you want him to go with the ball.

When you get up against top players, you will very rarely find anybody that will rush for more than 100 yards. Good NCAA players know that you HAVE to pass to win. You use the run to setup the pass. They are definitely capable runners when they need to be...but the defensive schemes and players are good enough to shut down the run game. Instead...you use the run on 1st or 2nd down (it's essential to mix it up and be able to run out of multiple formations) to do 2 things...1) control the clock and 2) hopefully average 3-4 yds/carry. If I can play somebody and have 15-20 rushes for 75-100 yards and go 20-30 for 250+ yds passing...then I'll just about any game.

One other thought....play a season with Texas Tech and use their playbook. Once you grasp Leach's concept of using short quick passes (slants, screens, passes to RB's in the flats) as a running game...it gives you an additional wrinkle that not a lot of players take advantage of.

bulldogman06
12-21-2006, 01:02 PM
with a runner with good speed and power, i run on anybody. mix in sweeps with dives, and throw in a goal line in the middle of the field, I love doin that, the defense will sometimes waste a timeout if they are in a dime/nickel defense, and if they dont, ill almost always get a 1st down. i only pass when I have to, and as long as they arent sittin next to me watchin the plays I call, then its hard to stop because you dont know if im goin up the middle, left, or right. and usin someone like Adrian Peterson against anybodys defense can get me 150-200 yards a game just with him. plus, if you can find a dual threat qb, then you can do some serious damage. like Young, if someone isnt open, then just burn the DE for 5-10 every time. I love it.

Adidas410s
12-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
with a runner with good speed and power, i run on anybody. mix in sweeps with dives, and throw in a goal line in the middle of the field, I love doin that, the defense will sometimes waste a timeout if they are in a dime/nickel defense, and if they dont, ill almost always get a 1st down. i only pass when I have to, and as long as they arent sittin next to me watchin the plays I call, then its hard to stop because you dont know if im goin up the middle, left, or right. and usin someone like Adrian Peterson against anybodys defense can get me 150-200 yards a game just with him. plus, if you can find a dual threat qb, then you can do some serious damage. like Young, if someone isnt open, then just burn the DE for 5-10 every time. I love it.

If you're playing NCAA 05...then the AI in the game makes Adrian Peterson and a few other running backs incredibly difficult to tackle. Whenever you make your way up to Dallas and want to see your running game shut down...just let me know! ;)

Daddy D 11
12-21-2006, 01:14 PM
ME + TCU = DOMINATION ON ANYONE :D

[ i will run it down ya'lls throats ] :)

GOFOR2
12-21-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm lookin for balanced offensive playbook with multiple sets. Do you know of a good team playbook?

Middle Tennessee State is alright and even has some trick plays under their Ace set. It is pretty cool.

bulldogman06
12-22-2006, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
If you're playing NCAA 05...then the AI in the game makes Adrian Peterson and a few other running backs incredibly difficult to tackle. Whenever you make your way up to Dallas and want to see your running game shut down...just let me know! ;)

yea man, definitely, if I ever am around there, ill let ya know before hand, and we can get a quick game in.

Old Tiger
12-22-2006, 08:45 AM
When playing online I hate when people use mobile QB's to scramble out and wait on the crossing receiver or they just throw the corner roll out or run with the QB.

mean_green
12-22-2006, 11:41 AM
using motion to determine pre-snap reads. The vertical passing game can become very effective if you motion your tailback out of the backfield and see how the safety and LB'ers adjust. I get a lot of people out of position by doing this. I call a lot of hot routes based on what the safety and LB'ers do. Once again, this is different than just throwing the ball downfield and letting a stud go get it. What are some of th best passing routes againts cover 4? Cover 2?

I just used Auburns play book, it's pretty good. What are some of the best run plays in the game and out of what set? I love the FB over, it's been good to me, especially when I motion my TE to that side.

Emerson1
12-22-2006, 12:05 PM
When playing online I hate when people use mobile QB's to scramble out and wait on the crossing receiver or they just throw the corner roll out or run with the QB.
That's why I never playing people in the lobby, leagues are the way to go.