PDA

View Full Version : Titans Win

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:06 PM
They just sealed it with another interception....

carter08
12-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Not yet
Vince might throw it with 5 seconds left

bulldogman06
12-17-2006, 04:08 PM
haha yea, that was horrific, I cant believe he threw that, there waqs nobody anywhere close to the ball except a jacksonville db. what was he thinkin, I was very disappointed in him today

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:11 PM
A 'W' is a 'W'

bulldogman06
12-17-2006, 04:14 PM
not my point, i just said i was disappointed in VY, not talkin about the titans at all, just sayin i expected more from vince

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
not my point, i just said i was disappointed in VY, not talkin about the titans at all, just sayin i expected more from vince You talk as if he is a seasoned vet you must remember Vince is still a rookie and has learning to do :)

awizzy
12-17-2006, 04:17 PM
dont look now but the titans are right there for a wild card...probally not gonna get it but they are in the mix

bulldogman06
12-17-2006, 04:18 PM
im not sayin his career is over or anything, but with everyone tellin me VY is gonna be ROY I just cannot see it happening while Maurice Jones-Drew is playing like he is, and Colsten from the saints, and even Leinart.

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
im not sayin his career is over or anything, but with everyone tellin me VY is gonna be ROY I just cannot see it happening while Maurice Jones-Drew is playing like he is, and Colsten from the saints, and even Leinart. What has gotten Vince in the ROY candidate is the ability to win. I personally think it should be Jones-Drew for offense and defense DeMeco Ryans

g$$
12-17-2006, 04:24 PM
I have repeatedly bragged on VY, but today was a step back. The guy's a winner but still a rookie in every sense of the word. He'll learn from it. That throw on 3rd down was just plain dumb instead of milking the clock.

99 yds. total offense for Titans
Defense scored 3 tds. for Titans & forced 4 turnovers
TOP greatly favored Jags (like 46 to 14)

Let's don't put VY in Canton, Ohio just yet guys!

LitanyofFury
12-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Well, to be honest, the Titans defense played atrocious the entire day. Thank goodness Garrard made some TERRIBLE mistakes that the Titans could capitalize on, because they couldn't stop the Jags at all.

I think with Vince bringing the Titans back 3 weeks in a row, etc. that people forget how bad the Titans really are. Their defense is DEAD LAST in the NFL. They have a bunch of nobodies at wide receiver except for Drew Bennett. Their O-Line is patch-work at best and while these other rookies are having great years on PLAYOFF CALIBER FOOTBALL TEAMS, Vince is merely leading a Titans team to a possible wild card spot when they started the year 0-5.

I mean, this team didn't really care before Vince took over the reins. They were going to coast along and maybe win 2 games all year if they were lucky. Vince steps in and now the team is playing like they care and they know they have a shot.

At some point the ROY award has to factor in how valuable the player is to the team he's on, doesn't it? I'd argue that there isn't a more integral player for a football team than Vince Young right now. Take Reggie Bush off the Saints. . .they still win 9-10 games and go to the playoffs. Take Jones-Drew off the Jags and they still are a so-so team that loses games to teams like the Titans. Take Vince off the Titans and they're probably trying to decide who to take with the 1st pick in the '07 draft.

Let's also remember that Vince is playing the toughest position in football as a rookie. He's going to have bad games. Still, he's performed very well this season for a guy that should have been sitting the bench and learning and he's put his team in a position to have a shot at the playoffs.

If the Titans beat the Bills and the Patriots. . .go 9-7. . .and make the playoffs, do you think Vince won't win the ROY award? How insane would that be to see Vince win a playoff game his first year in the league. . .

Next year? 11 draft picks and $40 million under the cap. And we all know how much progress Vince makes each year he plays. . .watch out.

g$$
12-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury

Next year? 11 draft picks and $40 million under the cap. And we all know how much progress Vince makes each year he plays. . .watch out.

Someone has read my posts or done their homework, good job. No doubt the Titans will get much better. 11 draft picks & $41 million under the cap is a good place to start.