PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill Will Beat Celina!

Trap Bait
12-17-2006, 03:46 PM
It will be interesting to see how Celina defends the LH offense. I'm saying that LH will win only because Celina has not played them or the likes of this offense before. It takes a very disciplined defense to trust your keys and reads in order stop them or slow them down. Wimberley and Cuero are the only teams that have been able to do this and that's only because they've seen them a number of times. Even then they were only able to slow them. I'm saying that LH will have enough defense to contain Celina and enough Offense to get Celina out of their gameplan. Liberty Hill will win it's first State Championship.

Good luck Panthers!

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 03:48 PM
I've heard something about a 10-1?

DU_stud04
12-17-2006, 03:52 PM
doesnt liberty hill run an offense similar to vernon???:confused:

WildTexan
12-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Canton ran a misdirection offense trying to hide where the ball went, then getting it in the hands of a very speedy back to try to get around the end.....they failed....

Robinson ran a decent offense that had a quality QB, some good RBs, and an actual passing game to defend (something LH has none of)....they failed....

Brownsboro had a huge OL and a very good RB and they tried to misdirect to get them free....they failed....

Vernon tried multiple options on their plays with a strong FB up the middle or speedy guys on the edges....they failed....

We can all give our guesses, and I'm bettin most of us will, but this continued concept that Celina is not disciplned enough for LH or has not seen this caliber of offensive talent before, I believe, is incorrect.....I expect this to be a good game alright, but I do not expect the LH trickery to leave Celina defenders baffled for the entire game....I am willing to bet LH has not seen any team all year that can make adjustments to a scheme like this Celina defense can, so it should make for quite a 2nd half in Waco....

Trap Bait
12-17-2006, 04:01 PM
I thought Vernon's offense was more like Giddings? A veer/midline type offense? I may be wrong? If so, there's a big difference. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only slot-t style offense in north Texas is Decatur. Regardless, it is virtually impossible to simulate their offense and prepare for it until you play them from one year to the next. Only then can you hope to make the necessary and correct game time adjustments and hope that it's not too late.

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Giddings offense easy...follow Brock

Ranger Mom
12-17-2006, 04:04 PM
I am not going to pretend that I know what I am talking about...but here goes:

I watched Vernon take out my beloved Rangers last weekend...we couldn't stop Whiteside.

I was NEVER confused as to where the ball was though, as I was yesterday watching Liberty Hill.

In my own, unknowledgeable option, their offenses are NOTHING alike!

carter08
12-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Who you rootin' for?

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Who you rootin' for? I don't know yet :(

bulldogman06
12-17-2006, 04:13 PM
LH has the best offense I have ever seen, period. they use a lot of misdirection and fakes and they can run it to perfection. others may try to run it, but nobody does it like LH does, its really fun to watch, its crazy. I just dont think anyone can stop them, the way that offense works, its perfect

Gsquared
12-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan
Canton ran a misdirection offense trying to hide where the ball went, then getting it in the hands of a very speedy back to try to get around the end.....they failed....

Robinson ran a decent offense that had a quality QB, some good RBs, and an actual passing game to defend (something LH has none of)....they failed....

Brownsboro had a huge OL and a very good RB and they tried to misdirect to get them free....they failed....

Vernon tried multiple options on their plays with a strong FB up the middle or speedy guys on the edges....they failed....

We can all give our guesses, and I'm bettin most of us will, but this continued concept that Celina is not disciplned enough for LH or has not seen this caliber of offensive talent before, I believe, is incorrect.....I expect this to be a good game alright, but I do not expect the LH trickery to leave Celina defenders baffled for the entire game....I am willing to bet LH has not seen any team all year that can make adjustments to a scheme like this Celina defense can, so it should make for quite a 2nd half in Waco....
I am picking LH myself after seeing both play. But, sounds like your not quite sure what your boys are in for. If LH wins this game, it will be the bloodiest, tuffest, hard faught, physical game they have EVER won. Again, I am taking LH but this one is going to be close and SOMEBODY is gonna be sore on Sunday morning. Those Bob Cats can bring it, the clamps tighten every quarter.

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
LH has the best offense I have ever seen, period. they use a lot of misdirection and fakes and they can run it to perfection. others may try to run it, but nobody does it like LH does, its really fun to watch, its crazy. I just dont think anyone can stop them, the way that offense works, its perfect Imagine it a couple of years ago when all three runningbacks in it had over 2000 yards rushing:eek:

bulldogman06
12-17-2006, 04:15 PM
I dont have to imagine, I saw it first hand, it was pretty awesome. but playing defensive end against Liberty Hill is the worst job in the world.

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:17 PM
I dont have to imagine, I saw it first hand, it was pretty awesome. but playing defensive end against Liberty Hill is the worst job in the world. Speaking of defensive end....

I expect a big game out of the 5'4 guy!

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I've heard something about a 10-1?
Ingram used that against us, I'm pretty sure, in 2004. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Matthew328
12-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Ingram's 10-1 and Celina's 10-1 are two different animals..

Both teams do what they do so well it makes this game so interesting....

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Ingram's 10-1 and Celina's 10-1 are two different animals..

I know. I just had to throw that in there so it would sound like I have a clue. :D

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 10:08 PM
LH has the best offense I have ever seen, period. they use a lot of misdirection and fakes and they can run it to perfection. others may try to run it, but nobody does it like LH does, its really fun to watch, its crazy. I just dont think anyone can stop them, the way that offense works, its perfect

Bulldog...ummmm....TWO teams this year alone has stopped them. Look, I have a LOT of respect for LH's offense...but this crazy talk about how "no one has seen this"...and "no one can stop it"...is just that...crazy talk. Pure crazy talk. Of course it CAN be stopped...will Celina stop it? We shall see. I hope so. Go Celina!

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Bulldog...ummmm....TWO teams this year alone has stopped them. Look, I have a LOT of respect for LH's offense...but this crazy talk about how "no one has seen this"...and "no one can stop it"...is just that...crazy talk. Pure crazy talk. Of course it CAN be stopped...will Celina stop it? We shall see. I hope so. Go Celina!
I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that a team that scored 44 points was stopped. And every one IN THE STATE is aware that we have two losses. The fact is that we are where we are for a reason.

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Scored 44...needed 48....that is being stopped in my book.

manormustangs
12-17-2006, 10:18 PM

what a trader ...why route for celina if your from centex....i remember all last year when the LH fans were routing for wimberley to win the state title...

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 10:28 PM
It's spelled "traitor"....not trader.

So now its "Central Texas"...and not the region or the district? Then explain to me why LH didnt root for Wimberley against Hondo? We are "closer" to LH than Hondo, right? Laughable. Hypicritical. Typical.

As I said, I support my district, then my region. Liberty Hill is neither. The reason I choose Celina is I dont like LH anymore than LH likes Wimberley. Nothing personal...no hate involved...i just want to see them lose this one. It will also help us next year if they do lose it.

By the way, is RM a traitor for supporting a central Texas team and not Celina? Is anyone from East Texas a traitor for not supporting Celina? What about BanderaYaYa not even supporting her DISTRICT teams?? They arent traitors, they are football fans who have made a choice.Deal with it.

Tx Challenge
12-17-2006, 10:34 PM

Sorry Wimbo, Gotta say, 44 points is not stopping LH. Yes you guys scored 48. I understand that. But to say you stopped it is nonsense

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 10:36 PM
When LH was averaging something like 55 or more (of course in the 80's if you are a hapless team), I consider it stopping them.

Tx Challenge
12-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Ok Wimbo. What team scored the most points against the Texans this year including the playoffs?

mrescape43
12-17-2006, 10:44 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eagle 1
12-17-2006, 10:47 PM
It takes a very disciplined defense to trust your keys and reads in order stop them or slow them down.

In that case, I will take Celina.
They are probably the most disciplined team I have ever seen.

Of course, I was going to take them anyway.:D
All year long I have been saying it:
They are like watching a machine work.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1974/machineob8.gif

DU_stud04
12-17-2006, 10:51 PM
whoopty doo....... liberty hill can score alot of points.

so can celina.

allowing 48 points is something celina will not do however.:thinking:

j_dog
12-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Imagine it a couple of years ago when all three runningbacks in it had over 2000 yards rushing:eek:
I remember that. :) It was awesome to watch. Go LH !! :clap:

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Ok Wimbo. What team scored the most points against the Texans this year including the playoffs?

Liberty Hill, but you know that. Now tell me, what was there average up to that point in the season? They were a couple of TD's shy of their average.

But lets not lose focus here....STOPPED=DEFEATED.

Centextrash
12-17-2006, 10:59 PM
nm

Centextrash
12-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Liberty Hill, but you know that. Now tell me, what was there average up to that point in the season? They were a couple of TD's shy of their average.

Kinda like Hondo STOPPED Wimberley....

Then LH STOPPED Hondo....

DU_stud04
12-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash
Kinda like Hondo STOPPED Wimberley....

Then LH STOPPED Hondo.... and your talking about teams that havent played celina..... your words are trash:thumbsup:

Centextrash
12-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Wasn't talking to you..... just Wimbo.

It will be a great game Sat. Celina can Bring It (all 11) on Defense and LH can score with the best of them!

IMO - The game will be won upfront.
For me....Its too early to call.

Good luck to both teams!

DU_stud04
12-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Wasn't talking to you..... just Wimbo.
pm's maybe?

It will be a great game Sat.
IMO - The game will be won upfront.
For me....Its too early to call.

Good luck to both teams!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Centextrash
12-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Gotcha! Sorry...just a little tired. And I snapped.

I actually like the Wimberley guys. They do a great job down there!

Tx Challenge
12-17-2006, 11:13 PM

Jeez, I have not lost focus. I just dont agree with you. No one has ever said or insinuated, that Wimberley held LH to under their "average" by giving them 44 points. I am not slamming the Texans. I actually pull for them dude. Just not against us. So with your logic. if the Texans were to have given up points to match LH's "average", then are the Texans just an average team? I think not.

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 11:22 PM
*sighs*...ok, ok, ok...you win. Liberty Hill cant be stopped.

DU_stud04
12-17-2006, 11:24 PM
*sighs*...ok, ok, ok...you win. Liberty Hill cant be stopped. but its been shown that they can be out scored ;) :thumbsup:

Alaska cat
12-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Trap Bait
It will be interesting to see how Celina defends the LH offense. I'm saying that LH will win only because Celina has not played them or the likes of this offense before. It takes a very disciplined defense to trust your keys and reads in order stop them or slow them down. Wimberley and Cuero are the only teams that have been able to do this and that's only because they've seen them a number of times. Even then they were only able to slow them. I'm saying that LH will have enough defense to contain Celina and enough Offense to get Celina out of their gameplan. Liberty Hill will win it's first State Championship.

Good luck Panthers!

Its not that difficult, you defend it just like you do a wishbone....you hit all of them weather they have the ball or not and let God sort it out. Eventually the hitting of the other 3 will take its toll before the day is out, one of them will puke it out for a turnover besides being banged up pretty good.

there will be designated hit men on the inside and the Defensive ends main job should be to stay home to turn the play in., and let the secondary come up and level them if they get across the line of scrimage.

Same stuff we played in highschool and the same D i teach the little kids, a 4-3-4 , gaps, that flexes..as needed and a designated hit man, (the hit man assigment moves around, so as not to be predictable)with a zillion stunts up front. Pass coverage can be man or zone.
Knowing Celina it will be man coverage

The Key, as I see it is to not let it get outside, and some one in the qb's face continually. The staying at home will take care of the misdirection, if the designated hitters miss, Our secondary don't really have to do much different than they do now, just react to the ball.

If we can force them to 3rd and long and make them throw..I love it

I just looked at the video, it will work on them. If they have to throw it will have to be in a hurry...then if it goes up its better than 50/50 ours.

This is gonna be a fun game...

their style of play is right into the teeth of what we do best

Celina 34-
Liberty Hill 14

Last edited by Alaska cat on 12-17-2006 at 07:20 PM

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Dont EVEN start, DU. This isnt the place to discuss such things.

DU_stud04
12-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Dont EVEN start, DU. This isnt the place to discuss such things. just stating the facts and obvious ;)

Centextrash
12-17-2006, 11:28 PM

Well, I'd say slowed down...maybe not stopped. Wimberley has done a GREAT job of that the past 3 years.

Good Luck to both teams. It will be a good one to watch.

GreenMachine
12-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
Its not that difficult, you defend it just like you do a wishbone....you hit all of them weather they have the ball or not and let God sort it out. Eventually the hitting of the other 3 will take its toll before the day is out, one of them will puke it out for a turnover besides being banged up pretty good.

there will be designated hit men on the inside and the Defensive ends main job should be to stay home to turn the play in., and let the secondary come up and level them if they get across the line of scrimage.

Same stuff we played in highschool and the same D i teach the little kids, a 4-3-4 , gaps, that flexes..as needed and a designated hit man, (the hit man assigment moves around, so as not to be predictable)with a zillion stunts up front. Pass coverage can be man or zone.
Knowing Celina it will be man coverage

The Key, as I see it is to not let it get outside, and some one in the qb's face continually. The staying at home will take care of the misdirection, if the designated hitters miss, Our secondary don't really have to do much different than they do now, just react to the ball.

If we can force them to 3rd and long and make them throw..I love it

I just looked at the video, it will work on them. If they have to throw it will have to be in a hurry...then if it goes up its better than 50/50 ours.

This is gonna be a fun game...

their style of play is right into the teeth of what we do best

Celina 34-
Liberty Hill 14

Last edited by Alaska cat on 12-17-2006 at 07:20 PM Not that difficult to defend :thinking: Its the most disciplined offense Celina will have seen. I have seen them first hand and they are very impressive. But enough with you, you'll see on Saturday. Go Panthers!

Alaska cat
12-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Ingram used that against us, I'm pretty sure, in 2004. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

using it is one thing...we invented it, and no one runs it quitelike we do...and it is very adaptable todifferent situations...trust me you will get first hand knowledge of wha tit is...X-6 days

Should be fun game ..strength on strength.

But one statistic I like best of all, although it be subtle....

Celina allows 7 points a game....
LH gives up more than 21...

with this little tidbit, I am wageing Celina will control the ball. If Celina controls the ball I dont care how high powered LH's offense is...it will be sitting on the bench most of the game.

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2006, 11:36 PM

I just wanted to toss out that the most points any pure rushing team has scored on us was Garrison in the 2002 title game.
35 and our defense was not nearly as good as this one. I do not believe that they will score more that 28 and probablly
21. The question is can their D stop us.
We probably are going to try to play keep away. If we do, you don't score , we adjust, defense stays fresh and Celina wins a good game 35 21 or 35 28.

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 11:43 PM
BINGO AlaskaCat. You hit it on the head.

Alaska cat
12-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Not that difficult to defend :thinking: Its the most disciplined offense Celina will have seen. I have seen them first hand and they are very impressive. But enough with you, you'll see on Saturday. Go Panthers!

Celina is without a doubt the most disciplined defense in this state.

The Slot T is older thanmost of the posters on this board...it is nothing magic..you just have to execute perfectly to stop it..every play.

Celina Prides itself in doing just that...LH's point per game average is really gonna suffer in this one.:D

Alaska cat
12-17-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Not that difficult to defend :thinking: Its the most disciplined offense Celina will have seen. I have seen them first hand and they are very impressive. But enough with you, you'll see on Saturday. Go Panthers!

Have you seen Celina play this year? Last year? any year?

D trumps O everytime. O with no D will suffer

god I love being the underdog:inlove:

Alaska cat
12-17-2006, 11:56 PM
The game I want to see is Celina and LE...sigh..but never happen..maybe a preseason game next year....Division II is always tougher than D I

A quote from John Settle at Brownsboro

The Bobcats have won 124 of their last 128 games, including a state record 63 straight wins and four consecutive state championships (1998-2001 and 2004).

"They just don't lose much," Settle said. "Those kids win football games.

"I have told our kids as far as high school athletics go in Celina it's all about two things: winning football games and getting ready to win football games."

30 in a row and counting again...:inlove:

mustang04
12-18-2006, 12:01 AM
....Division II is always tougher than D I

i actually agree with that

Alaska cat
12-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
i actually agree with that

Crap South Lake was always Div II until this year and didn't make a flitter...we bypassed Div 1 to goto 3A div II..

the only difference is enrollment...and I don't know of any biggest school enrollments that are 1st in their district on the score board all the time, then I have never really went and done a study either. I was always under the old addage, it aint the size of th edog in the fight...its the amount of fight in the dog.

When Crawford beat us a couple years ago...they only had a scholl enrollment of 195.

We beat them habitually, as does South Lake, and Pewitt, and many others....usually badly..I am all for putting it back together again and having a true champion...or at least play one more game...to solidify it.

We big time out numbered in this game enrollment wise, since we are the smallest 3A in the state

GreenMachine
12-18-2006, 12:34 AM
The game I want to see is Celina and LE...sigh..but never happen..maybe a preseason game next year....Division II is always tougher than D I

A quote from John Settle at Brownsboro

The Bobcats have won 124 of their last 128 games, including a state record 63 straight wins and four consecutive state championships (1998-2001 and 2004).

"They just don't lose much," Settle said. "Those kids win football games.

"I have told our kids as far as high school athletics go in Celina it's all about two things: winning football games and getting ready to win football games."

30 in a row and counting again...:inlove: Forget about LE. Ya'll had better concentrate on LH. They will be more than a handful for ya'll.

SintonFan
12-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Trap Bait

Good luck Panthers!
I haven't read this thread but I thought something was funny.
The title of the thread is "Liberty Hill Will Beat Celina!" and the author is Trap Bait.
I'm not gonna respond.:( :eek: :(

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 08:37 AM
I really like the title to this thread. I hope it stays at the top to be easy to find Saturday night about 11pm. :p

Panther One
12-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Does anyone remember LH's offense when Vance first got to Liberty Hill? The Panthers of old made a living on 3 yards and a cloud of dust. As the program has developed and with improved players, the offense has now become known for it's big play ability and the points it generates.

As good as Celina's defense is, the LH offense you see on Saturday will probably resemble that old version of Panther football, plugging along 3 yards at a time. But don't be surprised to see LH break some long runs. You take a risk putting 10 guys that close to the line of scrimmage, no matter how good you are.

No offense is unstoppable. No defense is unbeatable. It is true that LH has not faced a defense like Celina and that Celina has not faced an offense like LH. To try and compare either to similar teams would be gravely unjust. These two teams are the best at what they do and they both deserve respect.

To say one team or the other doesn't have a chance to win is rediculous. You don't just luck into playing for a state title. If stopping LH's offense was as easy as some make it out to be, the Panthers wouldn't be here. If Celina's defense was easy to solve, they wouldn't be here.

With all of this talk about our offense and Celina's defense, I think most people are overlooking a matchup that may decide the game. The Celina offense vs the Panther defense. Celina's offense is nothing stellar. It's a good offense that greatly benefits from an amazing defense that gets off the field and creates outstanding field position. The Panther defense has the luxury of not having to shut down opponents and being rested by an outstanding ball control and high scoring offense. I have a feeling that more is going to be asked of both of these units come Saturday. If one can step up their game, that could be the difference.

Good luck to the Panthers and Bobcats. I hope this game is a classic that people talk about for some time. Offense vs Defense. You've gotta love it.

BILLYFRED0000
12-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Does anyone remember LH's offense when Vance first got to Liberty Hill? The Panthers of old made a living on 3 yards and a cloud of dust. As the program has developed and with improved players, the offense has now become known for it's big play ability and the points it generates.

As good as Celina's defense is, the LH offense you see on Saturday will probably resemble that old version of Panther football, plugging along 3 yards at a time. But don't be surprised to see LH break some long runs. You take a risk putting 10 guys that close to the line of scrimmage, no matter how good you are.

No offense is unstoppable. No defense is unbeatable. It is true that LH has not faced a defense like Celina and that Celina has not faced an offense like LH. To try and compare either to similar teams would be gravely unjust. These two teams are the best at what they do and they both deserve respect.

To say one team or the other doesn't have a chance to win is rediculous. You don't just luck into playing for a state title. If stopping LH's offense was as easy as some make it out to be, the Panthers wouldn't be here. If Celina's defense was easy to solve, they wouldn't be here.

With all of this talk about our offense and Celina's defense, I think most people are overlooking a matchup that may decide the game. The Celina offense vs the Panther defense. Celina's offense is nothing stellar. It's a good offense that greatly benefits from an amazing defense that gets off the field and creates outstanding field position. The Panther defense has the luxury of not having to shut down opponents and being rested by an outstanding ball control and high scoring offense. I have a feeling that more is going to be asked of both of these units come Saturday. If one can step up their game, that could be the difference.

Good luck to the Panthers and Bobcats. I hope this game is a classic that people talk about for some time. Offense vs Defense. You've gotta love it.

I have said that as well. I think the Celina D is good enough to slow LH considerably. The problem then becomes a defensive issue for LH.

bobcat1
12-20-2006, 05:32 PM
:hand: :hand: :hand: :foul:

firstcat
12-20-2006, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wimbo_pro
[B]Bulldog...ummmm....TWO teams this year alone has stopped them.

Just because you ended up with a couple more points at the end of the game....the very end of the game....does not mean you stopped the LH offense. Stopping the offense means to prevent them from scoring. We scored repeatedly on you. Shootouts are not games for which you can brag about "stopping" anyone.
The green is really showing through with the Wimberley posters on several boards....no offense Cuero, I'm talking about the envy kind of green.

firstcat
12-20-2006, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wimbo_pro
[B]It's spelled "traitor"....not trader.

So now its "Central Texas"...and not the region or the district? Then explain to me why LH didnt root for Wimberley against Hondo? We are "closer" to LH than Hondo, right? Laughable. Hypicritical. Typical.

I don't know where you got your information, but I know many many Panthers that were pulling, even praying that Wimberley would win. We so much would have enjoyed beating you at Semi's. Look back at the posts before the LH and Wimberley game. Many Panther fans said, "as soon as this game is over, we'll route for the Texans again"......Wimbo you are classic!
Isn't there a basketball board for you to post on?

bobcat74
12-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Once again,

Liberty Hill will probably score around 21 pts (more than any team has against Celina in 2 years). #1 off. vs. #1 def. Blah Blah Blah

Who cares? It's gonna be a sluggfest when LH has the ball. We know already!!

The real discussion on ALL boards on this game should be how #20 LH Defense is gonna stop is gonna stop #4 Celina offense. Celina has scored a few pts. this year TOO. ;)

IN FACT, I think they have scored only 2 pts. less than that "UNSTOPPABLE" LH offense all year long!!!!!!!!!!!!! 603-605 PA

So lets hear about that gameplan. PLEASE!! :D

icu812
12-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Celina's offense is nothing stellar.

Celina's offense finds the weakness in the D and takes advantage of whatever it is. Brownsboro's D made it difficult for Celina to run the ball (BB was big and fast with an outstanding middle linebacker). Celina found BB's weakness and it was basically just one db who wasn't as good in pass coverage as the other. They wore him out the rest of the game. They can run using misdirection, off tackle, out of the spread and they can pass. If LH's D has a weakness I bet Celina finds it. They may not be "stellar" at any one thing but they are very good at everything.

BILLYFRED0000
12-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by bobcat74
Once again,

Liberty Hill will probably score around 21 pts (more than any team has against Celina in 2 years). #1 off. vs. #1 def. Blah Blah Blah

Who cares? It's gonna be a sluggfest when LH has the ball. We know already!!

The real discussion on ALL boards on this game should be how #20 LH Defense is gonna stop is gonna stop #4 Celina offense. Celina has scored a few pts. this year TOO. ;)

IN FACT, I think they have scored only 2 pts. less than that "UNSTOPPABLE" LH offense all year long!!!!!!!!!!!!! 603-605 PA

So lets hear about that gameplan. PLEASE!! :D

I have been curious about that but all they can talk about is how great their O is. Too bad they won't stop our O so it won't make any difference.

BILLYFRED0000
12-20-2006, 06:14 PM
The Celina offense vs the Panther defense. Celina's offense is nothing stellar.

bobcat74
12-20-2006, 06:23 PM
If we were upon the assumption that Celina was an average football team, they would score at least 21 pts. :D

I like our chances.

bobcat74
12-20-2006, 06:26 PM
It's useless.

Is it Saturday yet? I'm getting anxious!! :D

Panther One
12-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I have said that as well. I think the Celina D is good enough to slow LH considerably. The problem then becomes a defensive issue for LH. Celina is ranked number 4 in O in the state to Giddings number 7. Only number 1 LH is still playing with a higher ranked offense and it has one thing in common with the number 2 and 3 offenses. It does not have a top 5 defense. In fact it is ranked around 20.

Oh crap. Someone call Giddings now and tell them to start preparing for Celina. According to the Massey Ratings, we were supposed to lose that game. In the future, someone should tell us that the Massey Ratings decide games. We still thought they were decided on the field.

You do know that the preseason ratings this year were based on last year's numbers, right? We started out with a defense ranked in the 40s and have gradually climbed upwards. I'm sure once Massey updates for last week's games, we'll move up again after holding a team predicted to score 33 to 19. Isn't it funny how those rankings change each week to reflect what takes place on the field? It makes you wonder why any league would use rankings to determine a champion (egh-um, NCAA Div I-A football).

Those rankings are fun to look at, but don't get too caught up in them. They base everything off scores. Points for is offense and points against is defense, regardless of which unit scored or gave up the points. Essentially, it's a complicated computer algorithm that uses scores and opponents to link every team together and orders them in a ranking system. If I said that Hondo beat Wimberley and Wimberley beat Liberty Hill, so Hondo should beat LH, most would say that you can't predict games that way. That's basically all Massey does in a more complex manner. His compuer does increase the accuracy of predicting the winner, but as we've seen, it still misses quite often.

BILLYFRED0000
12-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Oh crap. Someone call Giddings now and tell them to start preparing for Celina. According to the Massey Ratings, we were supposed to lose that game. In the future, someone should tell us that the Massey Ratings decide games. We still thought they were decided on the field.

You do know that the preseason ratings this year were based on last year's numbers, right? We started out with a defense ranked in the 40s and have gradually climbed upwards. I'm sure once Massey updates for last week's games, we'll move up again after holding a team predicted to score 33 to 19. Isn't it funny how those rankings change each week to reflect what takes place on the field? It makes you wonder why any league would use rankings to determine a champion (egh-um, NCAA Div I-A football).

Those rankings are fun to look at, but don't get too caught up in them. They base everything off scores. Points for is offense and points against is defense, regardless of which unit scored or gave up the points. Essentially, it's a complicated computer algorithm that uses scores and opponents to link every team together and orders them in a ranking system. If I said that Hondo beat Wimberley and Wimberley beat Liberty Hill, so Hondo should beat LH, most would say that you can't predict games that way. That's basically all Massey does in a more complex manner. His compuer does increase the accuracy of predicting the winner, but as we've seen, it still misses quite often.

Yeah I agree. I was just agreein with you. this will be a fun game to go to. Lots of good clean football. I just wish we could start right now. This waitin is killin me.

BILLYFRED0000
12-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Hey I have a novel idea.

Why don't we just have a playoff system instead of all these stats and stuff and let the boys play??????????:doh: :doh:

sinton66
12-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Yall can bounce this back and forth all you want, the game will still have to be played. I'll say this, I've never seen Celina play, so have no basis for an opinion on them. I did see LH play last Saturday, and said several times I was having feelings of Deja-Vu from 1990. LH runs about the best slot-t offense I've seen since Sinton ran it to the semis in 1990. Hondo tried crowding the line, and LH STILL ran it on them. Hondo took the ball to the LH two yard line and turned it over on downs. LH marched 98 yards and stuck it in the endzone. With a well-run slot-t, you can feel like you're doing a good job stopping the run because you can limit them to 4 yards most of the time. What you soon realize is that if they do that 3 times, they get a fresh set of downs. They do this over and over until they score. And they score EVERY time they get the ball (usually). You crowd the line to stop it, they option outside and chew you up that way.

I'm sure Celina is good, they wouldn't be in the finals if they weren't, but, unless I completely miss my guess, they are going to have their hands full with LH. Celina may well prevail, but it won't be by a bunch if they do. LH IS that good.

BILLYFRED0000
12-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Yall can bounce this back and forth all you want, the game will still have to be played. I'll say this, I've never seen Celina play, so have no basis for an opinion on them. I did see LH play last Saturday, and said several times I was having feelings of Deja-Vu from 1990. LH runs about the best slot-t offense I've seen since Sinton ran it to the semis in 1990. Hondo tried crowding the line, and LH STILL ran it on them. Hondo took the ball to the LH two yard line and turned it over on downs. LH marched 98 yards and stuck it in the endzone. With a well-run slot-t, you can feel like you're doing a good job stopping the run because you can limit them to 4 yards most of the time. What you soon realize is that if they do that 3 times, they get a fresh set of downs. They do this over and over until they score. And they score EVERY time they get the ball (usually). You crowd the line to stop it, they option outside and chew you up that way.

I'm sure Celina is good, they wouldn't be in the finals if they weren't, but, unless I completely miss my guess, they are going to have their hands full with LH. Celina may well prevail, but it won't be by a bunch if they do. LH IS that good.

You know whats fun tho. The kids out there doin all this stuff are just kids. It is so much fun to watch them. My 5 year old wants to play some day and who knows if he will. But it makes me think about my playing days and I never got this close.

Orange_Defense
12-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Go BOBCATS GETR Done !!!!

;)

sinton66
12-20-2006, 08:48 PM
You know whats fun tho. The kids out there doin all this stuff are just kids. It is so much fun to watch them. My 5 year old wants to play some day and who knows if he will. But it makes me think about my playing days and I never got this close.

I never got anywhere near this close either (and my son never got past the regional final), so I know what you're saying.

I can tell you for sure that I wish I could make this game. I would love to see it. Gonna be a good one!. Unfortunately I start my vacation Friday and we're heading west for the holidays.

wimbo_pro
12-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Celina Fans...here's the truth, from a fan of a team who has beat them three years running...so read closely.

NUMBER 1: They ARE beatable. Third and long...remember that. Make them have as many 3rd and longs as possible, and you will beat them. Dont fear their pass. They will put the ball on the carpet at least 3 times during the game...its up to you how many of them you convert. Also, their defense is really good, and obviously has improved since we played them in week 4 (or 5?) this year....but they arent THAT good. I know they played a great D against Giddings...but we all know Giddings wasnt the same with Fitzhenry on the sidelines. A good passing game will give them big time trouble. Set up the pass with the solid running game, and you will tear them up. Then back to running up the middle, and you will score.

NUMBER 2: Stumble in the slightest, and you will pay for it. Show a weakness, and they will exploit it. Give them turnovers, and you will regret it. Let them get a good lead on you, and you are finished. Play to their strength (which is stopping the run) and you will lose. In short, respect them but dont fear them...they are VERY, VERY good, but beatable.

So...do what you have done for years, and you will walk away with a solid victory. Good luck to you!

LH OffseasonVet
12-20-2006, 11:46 PM
we all know Giddings wasnt the same with Fitzhenry on the sidelines.

True, Giddings wasn't the same... they were much better with Fitzhenry on the sideline.

wimbo_pro
12-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by LH OffseasonVet
True, Giddings wasn't the same... they were much better with Fitzhenty on the sideline.

LOLOL..you know, others have said the same thing. I wonder if that message has gotten through the coaches heads?

Panther One
12-20-2006, 11:56 PM
...This waitin is killin me. Something we agree on. Saturday can't come fast enough.

Ranger Mom
12-21-2006, 07:26 AM
LOLOL..you know, others have said the same thing. I wonder if that message has gotten through the coaches heads?

I'm sure it hasn't gotten through Daddy Fitzhenry's head, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Just look at the halftime score after Fitzhenry had been playing, and the final score when the "backup" was playing (I feel REALLY bad that I don't know his name, because IMO, HE is the one who deserves the credit)!

Or....maybe it DOES take a rocket scientist, and since I am not one, I'm not seeing where his being sidelined hurt the team one iota!!:crazy1: :crazy1:

clemsmarina
12-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Celina Fans...here's the truth, from a fan of a team who has beat them three years running...so read closely.

NUMBER 1: They ARE beatable. Third and long...remember that. Make them have as many 3rd and longs as possible, and you will beat them. Dont fear their pass. They will put the ball on the carpet at least 3 times during the game...its up to you how many of them you convert. Also, their defense is really good, and obviously has improved since we played them in week 4 (or 5?) this year....but they arent THAT good. I know they played a great D against Giddings...but we all know Giddings wasnt the same with Fitzhenry on the sidelines. A good passing game will give them big time trouble. Set up the pass with the solid running game, and you will tear them up. Then back to running up the middle, and you will score.

NUMBER 2: Stumble in the slightest, and you will pay for it. Show a weakness, and they will exploit it. Give them turnovers, and you will regret it. Let them get a good lead on you, and you are finished. Play to their strength (which is stopping the run) and you will lose. In short, respect them but dont fear them...they are VERY, VERY good, but beatable.

So...do what you have done for years, and you will walk away with a solid victory. Good luck to you!

They know, we know, you know..... Dude, you have said it at least 50 times this week already!!! Who are you trying to convince in here?
Celina is an awesome team, and I am pretty certain the last thing they need is your assistance. Pretty sure they've racked off 31 straight victories without your help so far!

wimbo_pro
12-21-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
They know, we know, you know..... Dude, you have said it at least 50 times this week already!!! Who are you trying to convince in here?
Celina is an awesome team, and I am pretty certain the last thing they need is your assistance. Pretty sure they've racked off 31 straight victories without your help so far!

Honestly,....what on this thread WASNT said in the first page or two. And it wasnt 50....it was 23. :p

firstcat
12-21-2006, 11:45 AM
This certainly has the propensity to be the greatest 3A state finals game ever!

I can't wait! I, of course, love those Panthers, but I certainly respect the Bobcats for their excellence and winning tradition.

This has been the longest week of my life!!!!

We both have young teams and I am sure there will be many more meetings between the two in the future!!!!

Be safe and May the best team win!!!!!!!!!!

WHO YA ROOTIN' FOR? L-H-H-S!!!!!

Alaska cat
12-21-2006, 01:18 PM
This game will also be carried on 92.1 FM KXEZ and on the net at
http://www.kxez.com/sports.html

For those that cant make what will be the classic game of the year!!

buffalo booster
12-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Unbelievable! Giddings is still getting bashed; this time in a thread regarding the LH/Celina game?

One last time -- the 3rd string QB that played the 2nd half was J. Locke. He did a fine job and we're all real proud of him. But, you can't be serious that Giddings was a better team without #5. He was the most prolific rusher in Central Texas and second highest, regardless of classification, in the state. He had a mediocre first half, but Giddings is stronger with him than without him.

LH did what they needed to do to win. They won. Don't kid yourself, however, into thinking that the Buffs had their best on the field in the 2nd half.

Good luck to both teams this weekend. Since, for whatever reason, LH is this year's "Darlings of the DownLow," most posters apparently think they will win this one...

pirate4state
12-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by buffalo booster
Good luck to both teams this weekend. Since, for whatever reason, LH is this year's "Darlings of the DownLow," most posters apparently think they will win this one...

"Darlings of the Downlow" - LOL!! That maybe true and it might be that people are voting against Celina for other reasons. :thinking:

It isn't like being the "Darlings of the Downlow" will help them win their game on Saturday.

:)

Daddy D 11
12-21-2006, 01:27 PM
fitzhenry was HM in 3A..

and he accounted for 14 of Liberty Hills point in the first half due to his clock getting cleaned :D

gidding put up ZERO in one half with him.

and TWENTY EIGHT in one quarter with Locke.

:confused: :thinking: hmm...

bobcat74
12-21-2006, 02:51 PM
And back to the game...

texasfootball.com has Liberty Hill to win!! :D

Celina was a dog last year against Pewitt too.

Doesn't that make them "cat-dogs"?? LOL.

clemsmarina
12-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
fitzhenry was HM in 3A..

and he accounted for 14 of Liberty Hills point in the first half due to his clock getting cleaned :D

I wonder how good Giddings would have been with Locke at QB and Punkhenry at RB. That might have been fun to watch... but alass, basketball season is upon them!

BILLYFRED0000
12-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
fitzhenry was HM in 3A..

Yeah, I heard there was a football game in the fourth quarter.

wimbo_pro
12-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
I wonder how good Giddings would have been with Locke at QB and Punkhenry at RB. That might have been fun to watch... but alass, basketball season is upon them!

Thats about the 50th time we have heard "what if" Fitzhenry was the RB instead....good lord, Clemsmarina...let it go!!!! We know it, you know it, they know it!!! Quit living in the past!!! LOLOLOL

clemsmarina
12-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Thats about the 50th time we have heard "what if" Fitzhenry was the RB instead....good lord, Clemsmarina...let it go!!!! We know it, you know it, they know it!!! Quit living in the past!!! LOLOLOL

Sarcasm is a mother, right?!?! "Can't read between the lines, can you Russ?"

At least it was the first time I said it.... hehehe.

Delirium is setting in, need football bad, and Minnesota/Green Bay aint gonna cut it!

wimbo_pro
12-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Tonight? GB and Minn?

bobcat74
12-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Yep. Favre's last game at Lambeau feild.