PDA

View Full Version : The Texans are a joke

carter08
12-17-2006, 03:00 PM
I have tried to support the Texans for the last few years, but I give up.

I have blamed the Offensive Line.
I have given David Carr every oppurtunity to show he was a good QB
I have patiently waited for next year
I didn't even complain with the Mario Williams pick

I now know I was a fool
The Texans are still my team
but they are hopeless
Tomorrow will never come for us Texans fans

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Should have drafted Peppers first, then some offensive line and wait till next year to get Carson Palmer. They went the wrong way about drafting for this team.

Snydertigersrul
12-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I have tried to support the Texans for the last few years, but I give up.

I have blamed the Offensive Line.
I have given David Carr every oppurtunity to show he was a good QB
I have patiently waited for next year
I didn't even complain with the Mario Williams pick

I now know I was a fool
The Texans are still my team
but they are hopeless
Tomorrow will never come for us Texans fans

You are a joke and the reasons are too many to list

carter08
12-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Carr has thrown 3 picks

What the @#$$%% are the Texans doing!

PUT SAGE ROSENFELS IN THE FRWAKING GAME

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Maybe they want Brady Quinn:thinking:

Snydertigersrul
12-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Carr has thrown 3 picks

Or that No. 1 pick in last year's draft when they bypassed Young and Bush

carter08
12-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Maybe they want Brady Quinn:thinking:

The Best thing to do in the draft

Round 1- Adrian Peterson
Round 2- Kevin Kolb

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 03:16 PM
The Best thing to do in the draft

Round 1- Adrian Peterson
Round 2- Kevin Kolb Kevin Kolb ='s David Carr in the league. Good College QB mediocre NFL QB if that.

carter08
12-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Kevin Kolb ='s David Carr in the league. Good College QB mediocre NFL QB if that.

Carr does not have #1 Pick Ability

and Kolb is a much better QB

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 03:19 PM
They should draft Jimmy Clausen out of HS :D:D:D

SintonFan_inAustin
12-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Texans are one decent draft and a couple of key free agents signees from being playoff contender. They are not that bad, even though they cant win games they were in and couldnt pull it out.

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 03:26 PM
4 intceptions....switch this game!

carter08
12-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Carr throws INT #4

big daddy russ
12-17-2006, 03:27 PM
INT number 4

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Carter I give you a hard time alot but I feel for you. Dont give up, it suxs but being a true fan means being there for ALL the years good and bad...So in 2040 when they finally go 9-7 and only miss the play-offs by one game you can say you was there for the lean years and the greatest year in Texans history

lhpantherdad
12-17-2006, 04:02 PM
I figured this thread was going to be about Wimberly. So when did this board become an NFL board? I guess since the high school teams are down to the finals, we gotta find someone else to chat about, huh? ;)

Oh well. You folks will have to tolerate my ugly face here for only another week or two. Then this panther fan will go into hibernation until next fall. :D

GO LH PANTHERS! LET'S WIN STATE!

g$$
12-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Carr has thrown 3 picks

Rosenfels is out for the year with a broken thumb (hurt making a tackle on missed FG weeks ago). Van Pelt is now the back-up QB.

Just how big a fan are you not to know that? Do you keep up or just post thoughts on here?

Agreed though on one thing, Texans are a joke & rebuilding again. Anybody want to defend Carr still after 4 picks & spotty play?

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:34 PM
How said is it that you have to rebuild a team that was in the rebuilding phase?:thinking:

g$$
12-17-2006, 04:37 PM
How said is it that you have to rebuild a team that was in the rebuilding phase?:thinking:

Rebuild, as in under Gary Kubiak & Rick Smith. They cannot be blamed for Casserly's & others' mistakes. Stick to something you know...whatever that is (??).

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Rebuild, as in under Gary Kubiak & Rick Smith. They cannot be blamed for Casserly's & others' mistakes. Stick to something you know...whatever that is (??).

Why did you attack him? He was just making a point that the Texans are perptually rebuilding

carter08
12-17-2006, 04:39 PM
g$$, have you ever made a non derogatory remark on here

g$$
12-17-2006, 04:42 PM
g$$, have you ever made a non derogatory remark on here

Have you ever made a post with substance?

"Put Rosenfels in the game...oh wait, he's been on Injured Reserve for weeks now." At least come with facts.

g$$
12-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Why did you attack him? He was just making a point that the Texans are perptually rebuilding

Just saying blame the right people, because this is a different regime. Blaming Kubiak & new GM Smith is not accurate. That is all I am saying.

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Someone is cranky...

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1056304/2/istockphoto_1056304_happy_pills.jpg

Here are some happy pills to cheer you up :)

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Just saying blame the right people, because this is a different regime. Blaming Kubiak & new GM Smith is not accurate. That is all I am saying. I didn't blame anybody:confused:

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Just saying blame the right people, because this is a different regime. Blaming Kubiak & new GM Smith is not accurate. That is all I am saying.

Where did he blame anyone? He just made the point it is sad the texans are always rebuilding..or as he put it..it is said LOL

g$$
12-17-2006, 04:46 PM
I didn't blame anybody:confused:

I don't need pills, just like people with common sense & rational thoughts. Yes, the Texans are "rebuilding" again - but this time under a different mgmt. team. Give them a chance this offseason to overhaul the roster.

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I don't need pills, just like people with common sense & rational thoughts. Yes, the Texans are "rebuilding" again - but this time under a different mgmt. team. Give them a chance this offseason to overhaul the roster. They missed their chance last off-season ;)

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I don't need pills, just like people with common sense & rational thoughts. .

So it was rational how you attacked him for something he did not even say? Tiger WR deserves attacks alot of the times, but this time all he did was state a point and you ASSUMED he meant something else.

g$$
12-17-2006, 04:51 PM
They missed their chance last off-season ;)

Their last draft was good, although I disagreed with the #1 pick. But overall it was very good (Williams, Ryans, Spencer (now hurt), Winston, Daniels, Anderson). Give the new GM a chance, as he will need time. The Saints have 34 new players this year, & next year the Texans will be much changed too I promise you.

Hopefully, they start with getting rid of #8.

g$$
12-17-2006, 04:53 PM
So it was rational how you attacked him for something he did not even say? Tiger WR deserves attacks alot of the times, but this time all he did was state a point and you ASSUMED he meant something else.

I did not attack anybody TXB. Jerry Jones or TO "I will spit in your face" are not in this thread. Get over it.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I did not attack anybody TXB. Jerry Jones or TO "I will spit in your face" are not in this thread. Get over it.

Wow great rational response, love the common sense.

g$$
12-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Wow great rational response, love the common sense.

You want to talk about common sense? You, the great defender of all things Cowboy?

Give me a break. Nice class by your boys Jerry & TO too. Tom Landry just rolled over in his grave.

Correcting someone is not attacking them also, btw.

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You want to talk about common sense? You, the great defender of all things Cowboy?

Give me a break. Nice class by your boys Jerry & TO too. Tom Landry just rolled over in his grave.

Correcting someone is not attacking them also, btw. There was nothing to correct me on....QUIT BEING MEAN TO TXBC!!!! :mad:

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Correcting someone is not attacking them also, btw.

So wow now your questioning my common sense because I dont agree with the GREAT G$$ on a topic. Get over yourself. Opinions are just that. I dont agree with everything JJ or TO does, but I dont think both are all evil all the time either...They are just like you and I, sometimes right sometimes wrong.

g$$
12-17-2006, 05:08 PM
So wow now your questioning my common sense because I dont agree with the GREAT G$$ on a topic. Get over yourself. Opinions are just that. I dont agree with everything JJ or TO does, but I dont think both are all evil all the time either...They are just like you and I, sometimes right sometimes wrong.

It is called CLASS, & money does not buy it. TO & JJ are 2 peas in a pod & you know it. I have never spit in someone's face buddy, maybe you have me confused with Bill Romanowski. Every week is more drama...& press conferences...& sleeping...& individuality.

As for me, I will sleep just fine whether you agree with me or not.

Snydertigersrul
12-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by g$$
It is called CLASS, & money does not buy it. TO & JJ are 2 peas in a pod & you know it. I have never spit in someone's face buddy, maybe you have me confused with Bill Romanowski. Every week is more drama...& press conferences...& sleeping...& individuality.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
12-17-2006, 05:09 PM
So back to the thread topic....

It's 4:10 and the Texans still suck.

carter08
12-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by g$$
individuality.

So everyone should ba a carbon copy of each other :confused:

slpybear the bullfan
12-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Let's drop the bickering and stay on topic or it will be closed.

slpybear

Txbroadcaster
Originally posted by g$$

Class works both ways. You want class from professional sports figures, then how about class on a message board. Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they lack common sense or rational thought.

Class is being able to DEBATE a topic without turning it into an argument. And I love how you bring a different topic into this thread to question my common sense. Please show me where I have ever said you had lack of anything when we disagree on a topic?

Old Tiger
http://www.southparkstudios.com/img/content/season8/806.gif

^^^^^^

People of the future according to southpark

g$$
12-17-2006, 05:18 PM
So everyone should ba a carbon copy of each other :confused:

Big TEAM, little me. That was the point.

I was not attacking anybody, just stating facts & my opinion concerning the Texans & available players.

g$$
12-17-2006, 05:26 PM
TXBC: your PM box is full, so it would not accept my reply.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$
TXBC: your PM box is full, so it would not accept my reply.

Sorry it is clean now

Bandera YaYa
12-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I did not attack anybody TXB. Jerry Jones or TO "I will spit in your face" are not in this thread. Get over it. OMG, I just realized who TO reminds me of ....... "Bite your ear off" Tyson!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Phil C
12-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Wow! We could have had a VY if we had listened to our fans!

Phil C
12-18-2006, 09:53 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!

:mad:

BTEXDAD
12-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Wow! We could have had a VY

excellent, Phil. That would be a great t-shirt to sell in Houston. Picture this: Two pictures of vince. Front of t-shirt he's running for that last td against usc and on back he's running for that td against texans with the caption "Wow, we could have had a VY!
If you put up the money for t-shirts, I'll go in business with you and we'll split any profits we make.

Phil C
12-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
excellent, Phil. That would be a great t-shirt to sell in Houston. Picture this: Two pictures of vince. Front of t-shirt he's running for that last td against usc and on back he's running for that td against texans with the caption "Wow, we could have had a VY!
If you put up the money for t-shirts, I'll go in business with you and we'll split any profits we make.

Sounds good! I am sure someone has already thought about it and went for it!

themsu97
12-18-2006, 10:44 AM
when was VY drafted by the Texans... oh yeah, he wasn't... let it go...
the qb of the Texans should be Drew Brees

BTEXDAD
12-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
when was VY drafted by the Texans... oh yeah, he wasn't... let it go...
the qb of the Texans should be Drew Brees

Brees would have been a great pick up, but I'm not sure they even considered that, (apparently never considered VY or Linart either.) They had already committed more money to Carr.
I've said on downlow b4 that I didn't advocate drafting VY or Bush. I felt Texans should have traded down and tried to pick up additional draft choices, but that didn't work out.
McNair had made comment after Williams was drafted that they (the Texans) were trying to build a team to beat the Colts who they considered to be their primary rival in division.
Some years back that was good thinking, but with only four teams in your division now their are only six games within division and 10 outside division. You have to build team to compete with everyone.
Hoge keeps saying that Tennessee is giving VY easy routes to read and trying to keep things simple because he hasn't grasped the defensive schemes of other teams. Maybe this is correct, but what are they doing with the Texans?
Carr is leading league in completions, but I've seen him complete three passes and not even get enough yards for a first down. And that's with better receivers than VY has. (Andre Johnson, Eric MOulds).
It seems Texans are trying to make the game plan as simple as possible for Carr. He's been in the league 5 yrs, but apparently he's not caught on to the defensive schemes of other teams either.

themsu97
12-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Fisher has said that the Titans have simplified the offense and included more Travis Henry... running game helps all qbs... Carr cannot go more than 3 steps... any 5 or 7 step drops defense is in his face... the line is better but not great... I think Kubiak wanted a great eval and then make changes as he saw fit... which will be done at the end of the season... the Texans are a better team than last year... McKinney should be playing more than what he is... but I do not care about the Titans, or the Saints or the Cowboys for that matter... the bottom line is the Texans have been better for the most part...

g$$
12-19-2006, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
Fisher has said that the Titans have simplified the offense and included more Travis Henry... running game helps all qbs... Carr cannot go more than 3 steps... any 5 or 7 step drops defense is in his face... the line is better but not great... I think Kubiak wanted a great eval and then make changes as he saw fit... which will be done at the end of the season... the Texans are a better team than last year... McKinney should be playing more than what he is... but I do not care about the Titans, or the Saints or the Cowboys for that matter... the bottom line is the Texans have been better for the most part...

Good post. Steve McKinney got in the dog house early on & never has gotten out. No Aggie favoritism here for Kubiak & McKinney for sure. I agree he could at least help that porous line, esp. now w/ 3 starters out for the year due to injuries (Flanagan, Weigert, & Spencer).

Expect major upheaval on the roster before next year, like 25+ new players. The Saints have 34 new players this year. BTW, I do not think Brees nor the Texans even considered each other, esp. once Carr was extended. Carr will be traded or even released this off-season IMO. The fans want change & this time McNair will be forced to listen.

Darren
12-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Hind sight is 20/20 but......

I think that they should not have resigned Carr last year. Then traded their 1st pick of the draft for a mid first round pick with an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Then picked up either Culter or Leinart with the first round pick and a couple of position players with the 2nd/3rd round picks.

Maybe they will do better with their high draft pick this year.

g$$
12-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Hind sight is 20/20 but......

I think that they should not have resigned Carr last year. Then traded their 1st pick of the draft for a mid first round pick with an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Then picked up either Culter or Leinart with the first round pick and a couple of position players with the 2nd/3rd round picks.

Maybe they will do better with their high draft pick this year.

That's exactly what I said last Spring. Trade down & get more picks. I like Cutler too. He's gonna be a good one in time.

God only knows they are not 1 player away! Trading down & getting more picks would have been fine by me. (Overall though last year's draft was good: Williams, Ryans, Spencer, Winston, Daniels, Anderson).

Darren
12-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by g$$
That's exactly what I said last Spring. Trade down & get more picks. I like Cutler too. He's gonna be a good one in time.

God only knows they are not 1 player away! Trading down & getting more picks would have been fine by me. (Overall though last year's draft was good: Williams, Ryans, Spencer, Winston, Daniels, Anderson).

They should have another good draft position this year as well with their record. We will have to see what they do.

themsu97
12-19-2006, 09:55 AM
I have a feeling that Carr will stay at least one more year... they may draft a qb in the late rounds and try to develop them...
If Kolb from UH is still there i would not be surprised... or who knows how far Troy Smith may fall...
Kubiak had a great draft, I do not care what anyone says... draft and free agency will make this team better... the only difference would be if someone had an interest in Carr, because if teams know you are going to release him nobody will want to trade for him...
look what a change of scenery had done for Harrington until last week... Texans will not spend a high draft pick on a running back either... they will build their interior line again or draft another db, another glaring hole...
as for this past trade, they could not get the value they wanted for the #1 so trading made no sense...