PDA

View Full Version : LE from Robinson

redfish961
12-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Just wanted to give a solid congratulations to the Liberty-Eylau players, coaches,and fans.

LE played a great football game, with both players and fans displaying much class and character.

LE took advantage of Robinson mistakes (that LE created), like champions do. A fantastic defense (fast and strong) and an outstanding kicking game (LE punts gave Robinson a long field in every instance) were the difference.

I couldn't think of a better team to play for the 3A D-1 title. Every LE fan I talked with was very gracious and respectful of the Robinson effort.

Congratulations Robinson on a great season and fine effort.

Congratulations Liberty-Eylau on a great season and game. You are indeed champions, both players and fans alike.

Let's do it again next year.

txkmom
12-17-2006, 11:03 AM
What a gracious post. In hindsight, last night's game was the most fitting state championship pairing imaginable. Many of the fans, the players, and also the coach and player in my household had much to say about the class and perseverance of the Robinson faithful - both on the field and off. What an honor to play against you and to play football (both sides' turnovers and all) the way it should be played - as a strategic team battle where it is all left on the playing field. I wish you the best and hope to meet you again, although last night was my son's last high school game.

Sftball4Life
12-17-2006, 12:15 PM
I totally agree that this was absolutely everything a state championship game should be - breathtaking!! Just breathtaking!!

LE Leopards - I've known most of you for a long, long time now and my hearts flows over with pride and love for every single one of you. You "mohawk men" have such massive hearts! And you left many of your fans and your coaches in tears over the final fruits of your labor. It has been such a joy and honor to have made this journey with all of you.

Robinson Rockets - you matched up with our team on so many levels - including heart. Those young men fought for every yard and every point and I know you all couldn't be more proud of them for it. I have no doubts that Robinson will honor these young men for the history-makers they are.

WHAT A GAME !!!!

redfish961
12-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by txkmom
What a gracious post. In hindsight, last night's game was the most fitting state championship pairing imaginable. Many of the fans, the players, and also the coach and player in my household had much to say about the class and perseverance of the Robinson faithful - both on the field and off. What an honor to play against you and to play football (both sides' turnovers and all) the way it should be played - as a strategic team battle where it is all left on the playing field. I wish you the best and hope to meet you again, although last night was my son's last high school game.

I agree. Nobody could ask for a better game. The atmosphere was electric, both team's players gave outstanding effort, officiating was above average, and the game was played clean.

In a game, there has to be a winner and a loser. The best thing about this game is that everybody won(except for the scoreboard). I'm sure there were tears shed on both sides, both for victory and defeat. Both teams should be extremely proud of their efforts and extreme show of class, both in victory and defeat.

I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to see this game. I'm sure there's about 20,000 people that share my opinion.

I'm equally as proud for the kids from Robinson for never quitting and the kids from LE for acting like true champions.

Texas high school football at its best. Something we can all be proud of.

pirate4state
12-17-2006, 12:59 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: GREAT POSTS!!!

CONGRATS TO THE LEPS ON WINNING STATE!!!

ROBINSON GREAT SEASON & CONGRATS ON MAKING IT TO STATE!!!

From everything I've read and from the reports I got last night :nerd: this was a hell of game. I'm sorry I missed it. :(

loyalleopard
12-17-2006, 01:11 PM
WOW, what can I say. Two teams with big hearts and great determination going head to head for 48 minutes. What a Championship game should be like. It is a shame that someone had to be crowned champion and the other runner-up. LE, I can't tell you how proud I am of you guys. You overcame alot all year. Many big plays when you needed it the most. Robison, you are one of the best coached and classiest teams we have played all year.

Good luck to all of the graduating seniors. Younger Leopards, it is your turn to keep the tradition alive.