Venus
FW Diamond Hill
Godley
FW Carter-Riverside

slpybear the bullfan
06-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Glad to see the Region I picks up...

On 7-3A...

I agree, Lake Dallas and Decatur will be the strong suit. I was suprised by Lake Dallas and their aggressive play. I hope they do well. Decatur should have enough returning to do well also.

My beloved Bridgeport Bulls will be rebuilding this year, but that should make for some fun football... I can just watch the games without going cardiac each week!

Oh well,

BOOMB, WDA, GO BULLS...

Wtx_coach
06-19-2003, 10:22 PM
In district 3-3A I really see seminole doing good, they have plenty returning, i doubt they finish last this coming year, and in 4-3A I dont see kermit making it this year.

wildstangs
06-19-2003, 10:33 PM
Ballinger and Wylie could be a huge game. Ballinger and Posey will make it tough. A win over Wylie would be HUGE for them.

wildstangs
06-19-2003, 10:34 PM
Clyde in the playoffs? Them and Merkel blew a sure shot last year. What do they have coming back?

fball fanatic
06-19-2003, 10:43 PM
where do you all get the bible at. Just at a wal mart or what.

VWG
06-20-2003, 12:54 AM
DCTF will be on stands this Friday.

Iowa Park missin' the playoffs? Are you crazy?
Sorry, but even if Breckenridge does get L. Huitt back it won't make them a playoff team.
Huitt is a good player, but what does he have to surround him? Do the Bucks have size on the lines or a QB that will handle the offense?
I see Graham, Iowa Park, and Vernon in the playoffs from 5-3A.
Also, Perryton third in their district? Has their talent fallen off that much?

vet93
06-20-2003, 12:13 PM
Hey Matt...good overall picks. I have a few places that I might disagree though. I agree with VWG that Iowa Park should be placed over Breck. I worry about team chemistry with Huitt considering his history there. He is a good player and they were scrappy and well coached, but the jury is still out on them taking that 3rd playoff spot. We will know more about them after Ballinger plays them in week 2 (they beat Ballinger last year). I think that Ballinger is being placed over Wylie because of their returning starters from last year however, they will have to replace some good linemen with underclassmen (sophomores). Wylie doesn't have as many starters coming back but they will have very strong depth and they always seem to reload. It will be interesting how both teams respond throughout the season. You probably could have picked Wylie on tradition alone given their success in district the past 7 to 8 years. In district 4-3a I just don't see Kermit beating out Monahans. I think that Monahans will be better than last year. Kermit will likely be improved as well...I just don't think that they can make up the difference. If Pecos gets a coach than can unite the town and motivate the team they have the athletes to be much improved. One thing about coach Jones from Kermit...he was raised in Brownwood and took Ballinger to the quarters at least once. He does know how to motivate and prepare a team for the playoffs. Last year I went out on a limb and picked Merkel and Clyde to make the playoffs. I got burned. Merkel lost Caraway at the end of the season and collapsed and I am not sure what happended to Clyde. They had the athletes to win. Clyde will be good again this year but a sleeper in that district is Brady. For two years running they have qualified for state in 7 on 7. They have the skill position players to win. For some reason they didn't quite put it together last year. They have a qb who will be a junior who is much more dangerous than the qb that they started last year. He makes better decisions and can scramble. If they can put some linemen together they could make the playoffs.

rholl
06-20-2003, 02:07 PM
Matt...LD in 7-3a for second???? If you pull this one off....my hats off to you! Granted I only saw LD once last yr., but I'm sure you know which game that was and how ugly that one could have wound up. They must have some young kids I missed!!!!!!!!

Chris Hart
06-20-2003, 08:10 PM
I have heard from inside the Canyon coaching staff, that they are primed to make a run at being region 1 champs. We shall see.

Matthew328
06-23-2003, 11:38 AM
With as much as Lake Dallas has back and considering everyone else in 7-3A they should be 2nd place...heck they got 3rd last year! As for 4-3A and 5-3A those districts were tough to pick...no doubt..

Chief Woodman
06-23-2003, 05:14 PM
7-3A....Lake Dallas will be decent this year. Last years coaching staff had some players in the wrong spots. With that corrected, they should do OK. Bullies may be "Rebuilding", but they will be tougher than some think. Slpy bear...WDA? That is a laugh. Between football, basketball, softball, track and crosscountry, last year was Decatur winning 14 games, Bridgeport ZERO. Seems your bullies were the one who recieved the whooping.. kinda like Baghdad Bob saying that "We driven the aggressors away from the airport. They are no more". Even with one of the greatest QB's in 3A history, you could only manage 1-2 against the Eagles (The nations symbol) with him at the helm.