PDA

View Full Version : Division II State Championship Liberty Hill/Celina

Pages : [1] 2

mwynn05
12-16-2006, 08:29 PM
The Panthers will take on the Bobcats next week for the 3a D2 crown...Anyone have a date time and place yet?

carter08
12-16-2006, 08:31 PM
WHO YOU ROOTIN' FOR

L-H-H-S

CelinaCatFan
12-16-2006, 08:32 PM
The game will be next Saturday in Waco at Floyd Casey Field. Not sure about the time yet.

charlesrixey
12-16-2006, 08:32 PM
wow

didn't take long for this to appear

This is going to be a matchup of the immovable object vs. the irresistable force

Going to be tough, but i can guarantee you Butch Ford will have his team ready for the finals. The bobcats have to start out better though. They do not need to fall too far behind an awesome Liberty Hill team

thatsminty
12-16-2006, 08:36 PM
I don't care who wins the fact that they made it this far is just a win within itself! Congrats guys!

mwynn05
12-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Crap i think yall need to move it to friday in tyler so i can go.......or even better saturday at 1 in mt pleasant

charlesrixey
12-16-2006, 08:45 PM
i wish they were playing in Texas Stadium

mwynn05
12-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i wish they were playing in Texas Stadium thats almost a home game for celina though

LHPfactory
12-16-2006, 10:57 PM
God speed to the Liberty Hill Panthers, TAKE IT!

3A Division II State Champions 2006

ITS YOURS, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

bobcat1
12-16-2006, 11:06 PM
n/m

bobcat1
12-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Go Bobcats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take the title! Spank the "Pink Panthers"!;) :p :D

LHPfactory
12-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Go Bobcats!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOSE the title! WEAR the "Pink PantYs"!;) :p :D

HUH?...........HAHAHA:devil:

wimbo_pro
12-16-2006, 11:27 PM
If I had to bet, I'd take Celina by 10.

LHPfactory
12-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
If I had to bet, I'd take Celina by 10.

There you go again wimbo - hatin on LH.....;)

wimbo_pro
12-16-2006, 11:44 PM
LOL@hating oh LH!!! Actually, I dont hate them, I just dont care for them much. Would love to see them get beat in this one. It just might happen!

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
There you go again wimbo - hatin on LH.....;)

Well I do know that you do not make it to the title game from region 3 and 4 without being a top team. All the top teams in the state except Gilmer and Celina were from region 3 and 4. Region 1 was very good again but this year just did not work out for them.

Bulldog_12
12-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Go LH!

IHStangFan
12-17-2006, 12:10 AM
this ought to be a good one!!

LHMom
12-17-2006, 12:48 AM
I am SOOOOO loving the title of this. "Division II State Championship Liberty Hill/Celina." Wow.

LHPfactory
12-17-2006, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
I am SOOOOO loving the title of this. "Division II State Championship Liberty Hill/Celina." Wow.

I second that , you may have to teather your boy to his bed so he doesnt float off tonight. I bet he is on cloud 9.

oops that was for lhpm,

gobbler grad
12-17-2006, 12:52 AM
them Panthers are for real...i'm sorry, but two weeks ago I would not have bet on them in the state championship game, but today they were a whole different team...Celina better have one hell of a defense that can handle this miss direction stuff they run...at times tonight Hondo was running in circles trying to find the ball carrier...:confused: :confused:
LH will be the first team to score more than 14 points against Celina...hard to hold them under 28 anyway...

WHO YA ROOTIN' FOR...

L-H-H-S

LHMom
12-17-2006, 12:53 AM
LHPFactory - you may have me confused with LH Panther Mom. My son graduated this spring. He's still pretty darn happy though!

It can be a bit bittersweet for those that played the last couple of years at LH and were so close, but every one of them are supporting this year's team 100% and hoping the '06 Panthers bring home the ring.

LHPfactory
12-17-2006, 12:58 AM
I did , I edited the post , I second ur statement, and direct the second half to lhpm. Yeah lhm, but your boy and the others from the past few years have built up this program to where it is today. With out the hard work, success and heart break, they would not be where they are today. Your son should be proud of the legacy that he left for others to build upon.

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2006, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
It can be a bit bittersweet for those that played the last couple of years at LH and were so close, but every one of them are supporting this year's team 100% and hoping the '06 Panthers bring home the ring.
I'm having a lot of that bittersweet going on tonight, myself. But, mainly, I'm just so proud of those boys over the past few seasons that have worked hard to help the "team" get to the point we're at now. :)

dogdad
12-17-2006, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
. All the top teams in the state except Gilmer and Celina were from region 3 and 4. +

what? what?

helloooooo
helloooooo
anybody home billyfred?

WildTexan
12-17-2006, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
them Panthers are for real...i'm sorry, but two weeks ago I would not have bet on them in the state championship game, but today they were a whole different team...Celina better have one hell of a defense that can handle this miss direction stuff they run...at times tonight Hondo was running in circles trying to find the ball carrier...:confused: :confused:
LH will be the first team to score more than 14 points against Celina...hard to hold them under 28 anyway...

WHO YA ROOTIN' FOR...

L-H-H-S

Every week they say this "Celina better have a defense" business and every week we win.....will they ever learn?

I saw the LH/Hondo hilites tonight, and while the options did look fun, they did not look unstoppable....Butch will call this the 16th straight "best team we've faced all year" just like he always does, and I'm betting it will be a good game......but getting to this game is not the same as winning it, and if Celina knows ANYthing better than any team in this state, it is how to win the last game of the year....

Celina HAS a great defense....that has already been proven...now the point to be made is does LH have enough to handle Celina's defense, not the other way around....

(and I'm betting RC or LE from Region 2 are as good as anything you Reg3/4 boys got as well, so you might tap the brakes on all that region braggin until you win something along the way)

TexanAlum_06
12-17-2006, 03:57 AM
Somebody give us a summary on Celina please. lol. we know they have a good defense but what type of D do they run. do they just get in the I and pound it or do they run out of the gun? whos the big playemakers? Thanks.

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 07:35 AM
Congrats Liberty Hill. We look forward to a very classy game between two worthy opponents next week. The shame is one team has to lose. :thumbsup:

LHPfactory
12-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan

(and I'm betting RC or LE from Region 2 are as good as anything you Reg3/4 boys got as well, so you might tap the brakes on all that region braggin until you win something along the way)

You lost that bet, LE got pounded by Wimberley in regular season.

BobcatBenny
12-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Well, based on the poll standings, it looks like it will be a blow-out! :D

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 10:29 AM
What's great about this match up is Celina is rated #1 in Defense...and Liberty Hill is rated #1 in Offense. Can you ask for anything better than this? This could be an all-time classic struggle when LH has the ball.

Flip it over, and Celina is rated #4 in Offense, and Liberty Hill is #20 in defense. Of course these ratings are before this weekends games, so I am sure they will shift a little, but not much. If you are looking for SOMETHING in the stats to give an advantage to one team or the other, this has to be it.

Though I completely agree that in the state game, these ratings are probably more meaningless than at any other time in the year, it at least gives us something to talk about other than "Team A is better than Team B because I support Team A".

With this said, if Celina wins this game, my bet would be that its because LH couldnt stop Celina's offense from eating up the clock and couldnt get to their QB in time. LH's pass defense has had problems now and again. ...they will have to fix that for this game. Keeping LH's offense OFF THE FIELD will be the key to beating them.

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2006, 10:32 AM
What's great about this match up is Celina is rated #1 in Defense...and Liberty Hill is rated #1 in Offense. Can you ask for anything better than this? This could be an all-time classic struggle when LH has the ball.

Flip it over, and Celina is rated #4 in Offense, and Liberty Hill is #20 in defense. Of course these ratings are before this weekends games, so I am sure they will shift a little, but not much. If you are looking for SOMETHING in the stats to give an advantage to one team or the other, this has to be it.

If you're looking at Massey, I don't believe that the Giddings game has been factored in. When I was there Friday, it showed "games as of Friday, Dec 8".

We had # 1 offense and # 20 defense. I think Hondo had # 7 offense and # 14 defense. And I'll have to look back, but I think that your thoughts were that Hondo's defense would pretty much decide the game yesterday. :thinking:

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 10:39 AM
First, the Massey ratings are current...they show LH to have a record of 11 and 2 (before yesterdays game)...thats right, isnt it?

Secondly, you can go look, but you'll not find anywhere that I predicted Hondo to win. I SUPPORTED Hondo...I HOPED they would win...but no, I didnt predict they would win. I figured they had played their best game in years and wouldnt repeat it. LH is just too strong for them. I DID say that if Hondo was to win, thats the only way they could do it...exploit LH's defense to its limit.

And honestly...after MY predictions last week, dont listen to me!!!

WildTexan
12-17-2006, 11:04 AM
You lost that bet, LE got pounded by Wimberley in regular season.

I don't see Wimberly in any title game action, yet LE has a trophy, so it surely appears LE was good when it mattered...while Wimberly was bouncing roundball....so if you can't hang with the bigdogs, I guess you have to look back at the mediocre season you had to brag?

charlesrixey
12-17-2006, 11:05 AM
only once in the 7 title game trips has celina been favored to win by humans.

with only 35% of the vote, doesn't look like they will be in this game either

oh well

LHPfactory
12-17-2006, 11:38 AM
I don't see Wimberly in any title game action, yet LE has a trophy, so it surely appears LE was good when it mattered...while Wimberly was bouncing roundball....so if you can't hang with the bigdogs, I guess you have to look back at the mediocre season you had to brag?

Not bragging, not a Wimberley fan. YOU SAID I BET LE AND RC COULD HANG WITH ANYONE IN 3 OR 4, LE COULDNT HANG, I BET THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEATEN ANY OF THE LAST 8 IN D2 REGION 3 AND 4 THIS SEASON. YOU WERE THE ONE BRAGGING WHEN YOU MADE A STUPID STATEMENT. IM A LH PANTHER FAN, WE ARE NOT PLAYING BASKETBALL, WE HAVE A GAME NEXT WEEK.

charlesrixey
12-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Celina 45, Robinson 14
Texarkana Liberty-Eylau 35, Robinson 34
Wimberley 35, Tex L-E 14
Hondo 42, Wimberley 28?
Liberty Hill 35, Hondo 13

That means Liberty Hill by 27 right?

is that the way it works?

;)

Good luck to both teams

StreetBobcat
12-17-2006, 11:46 AM
All I know is if it comes down to Celina's offense scoring more than our defense allows against a running team, then I really like Celina's chances. Go Bobcats, tighten your defense and make it a record EIGHT championships!

charlesrixey
12-17-2006, 11:48 AM
where was the Wimberley-TLE game played?

that may speak some volumes

charlesrixey
12-17-2006, 11:49 AM
i agree streetbob--

I like Celina's chance against any rushing attack. Although this may be the toughest one we have ever faced

StreetBobcat
12-17-2006, 12:03 PM
LH offense will be coming hard, so we will defenitely have to take them seriously in practice this week. Let's hope the old saying is true - "Defense wins Championships"

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 12:09 PM
where was the Wimberley-TLE game played?

that may speak some volumes

It was played in Waxahachie.

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by StreetBobcat
LH offense will be coming hard, so we will defenitely have to take them seriously in practice this week. Let's hope the old saying is true - "Defense wins Championships"

True, StreetBob. Here is the key to beating LH...(and we have done it the last 3 years in a row, including this one, and they used the EXACT same offensive game plan)....make them have a 3rd and long every time you can. They cant pass...they SAY they can, but they are terrible at it. They dont use it enough to be any good at it. This is the "one dimensional" problem that has been talked about for years around here. If you spend all week working on anything, work on this.

They are VERY beatable, but if you dont get control of the line when LH has the ball, they will kill you.

charlesrixey
12-17-2006, 12:16 PM
hey, my wife's hometown!

knew that was important:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WildTexan
12-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Not bragging, not a Wimberley fan. YOU SAID I BET LE AND RC COULD HANG WITH ANYONE IN 3 OR 4, LE COULDNT HANG, I BET THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEATEN ANY OF THE LAST 8 IN D2 REGION 3 AND 4 THIS SEASON. YOU WERE THE ONE BRAGGING WHEN YOU MADE A STUPID STATEMENT. IM A LH PANTHER FAN, WE ARE NOT PLAYING BASKETBALL, WE HAVE A GAME NEXT WEEK.

Only a fool would think LE could not hang with the last 8 teams of Region 3/4....winning a game earlier in the year does not mean dominance - winning a title does however....they are state champs, and none of the last 8 teams in Reg3/4 will be, so I'm sure LE prefers the trophy over the words....

Be proud of your season LH fans....it has been outstanding...getting to the finals and falling to the best 3A playoff team in the State is an honorable accomplishment....

dogdad
12-17-2006, 01:31 PM

both of the 3A state champs will be from region 2 and you are on here talking about how region 3 and 4 are superior?
that is hilarious
you are joking, right?

dogdad
12-17-2006, 01:43 PM
only once in the 7 title game trips has celina been favored to win by humans.

with only 35% of the vote, doesn't look like they will be in this game either

oh well
Rixey, one thing you must keep in mind about this site is that it is dominated by fans in the southern part of the great state, so there is nothing unbiased about any opinion poll.

CHS_CG
12-17-2006, 01:47 PM

Be proud of your season LH fans....it has been outstanding...getting to the finals and falling to the best 3A playoff team in the State is an honorable accomplishment....

Kinda early to be so cocky isnt it? I am not gunna sit here and say Celina isnt a great team. I havent seen them play but I have seen some stats... but you dont take LH lightly. It will be a great game.

BTW Hondo... did yall change that sign that said "LIBERTY HILL.. GOOD LUCK IN BASKETBALL NEXT WEEK" to say Hondo... might give ya boys some spirit...

WildTexan
12-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Kinda early to be so cocky isnt it? I am not gunna sit here and say Celina isnt a great team. I havent seen them play but I have seen some stats... but you dont take LH lightly. It will be a great game.

BTW Hondo... did yall change that sign that said "LIBERTY HILL.. GOOD LUCK IN BASKETBALL NEXT WEEK" to say Hondo... might give ya boys some spirit...

I have not ever said LH was not a great team....but they will not win this week.....and is it ever too early to be cocky?

oopps, I mean, I am not cocky, just predicting the future....this is not Celina BS, but here it is.....I have seen this team in 6 of the 7 state title runs of the past, and this is as good a defense as this team has ever had.....yes we did have some defenses that gave up less points, but this school has NEVER played a better set of playoff opponents than this year has presented us (not even the Mart year or last year with Omaha)....top to bottom this set of playoff opponents were better, tougher competition than Celina has faced, and these boys have handled each game well, so I do not expect it to change thie Saturday....LH has indeed had a great year, but I happen to know they can be beaten by one simple FACT - they HAVE been beaten....it is not condemnation to admit they have lost a couple games as that is a fact of life, but my humble and modest opinion (I always love to throw that humble and modest crap in just for grins) is that while you may bring the best Offense we will have faced to town, we will bring the best Defense in the state to town, and we'll just have us a good ole fashioned slobbernocker to see who hoists the trophy after the game.....

charlesrixey
12-17-2006, 02:44 PM
it is true that south texas fans dominate this forum, but celina has come on of late in representation!

I guess i've just been used to txpreps and a more balanced atmosphere

BobcatBenny
12-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Since the Vernon fans have vaporized and do not seem to be giving you LH fans any feedback, I thought I would help out.

This is what a lot of hot air and a good running game will get you against Celina.

http://www.picturepuppy.com/images/BobcatBenny/gamelesson.jpg

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Ranger Mom
12-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

This is what a lot of hot air and a good running game will get you against Celina.

An inflatable run through tunnel and a guy sitting outside of it on the crapper??:confused:

BobcatBenny
12-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
An inflatable run through tunnel and a guy sitting outside of it on the crapper??:confused:
Not even close.

Its a pretty entrance followed by an ugly exit! :D

Ranger Mom
12-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Not even close.

Its a pretty entrance followed by an ugly exit! :D

Oh.....well that is a little deep for me. :D

(I don't think LH has a run-through tunnel)!:thinking:

CATwoman
12-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Liberty Hill doesn't need a "run through" tunnel to make a "great enterance!" They don't go on the field for "good looks" they go on the field to play ball! And that's what they do best!!! =)

Ranger Mom
12-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by CATwoman
Liberty Hill doesn't need a "run through" tunnel to make a "great enterance!" They don't go on the field for "good looks" they go on the field to play ball! And that's what they do best!!! =)

AMEN SISTER!!!

Beautiful first post!!:clap: :clap:

(It was nice meeting you yesterday and peeking around your 245 signs!!):D :D

loyalleopard
12-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Good Luck LH Panthers from Texarkana LE.

rundoe
12-17-2006, 05:24 PM
I bet it blows smoke through it too, lol.

rundoe
12-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Have to agree, Bringing those big ugly inflatable things to a foot ball game is like starting your game with the half time show.

We are there to play ball, not run through tunnels, but defenders, and we will.

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 05:59 PM
In Celina we use a traditional paper sign made the day before to start the game and we went all out and got a new top of the line velcro run through for the second half. In other words, no tunnel either.

carter08
12-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Who you rootin for?

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 06:10 PM
CHS

WildTexan
12-17-2006, 06:12 PM
In Celina we use a traditional paper sign made the day before to start the game and we went all out and got a new top of the line velcro run through for the second half. In other words, no tunnel either.

the theory was tested and proven yesterday.....big giant paper signs and windy days don't mix too well.....

CHS_CG
12-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Who you rootin for?

L-H-H-S

rundoe
12-17-2006, 06:46 PM
We'll see on the grid iron. Every time someone thinks theyhave us figured out,we change.

So go ahead and take some bad advise from earlier, and practice that all week.

rundoe
12-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Hope your guys can get though that velcro in the second half, you may be to tired and have the cheerleaders have to open it for you, lol.

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Hope your guys can get though that velcro in the second half, you may be to tired and have the cheerleaders have to open it for you, lol.

Yea we don't do very good in the second half ever. ;)

rundoe
12-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Keep thinking that, its perfect!!!

Don't worry, we won't underestimate you in the second half!! In fact we kinda like that half too.

75009Football
12-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Every week they say this "Celina better have a defense" business and every week we win.....will they ever learn?

I saw the LH/Hondo hilites tonight, and while the options did look fun, they did not look unstoppable....Butch will call this the 16th straight "best team we've faced all year" just like he always does, and I'm betting it will be a good game......but getting to this game is not the same as winning it, and if Celina knows ANYthing better than any team in this state, it is how to win the last game of the year....

Celina HAS a great defense....that has already been proven...now the point to be made is does LH have enough to handle Celina's defense, not the other way around....

Seems everyone is dyslexic when the playoffs hit. When they say "Celina better have a defense", what they really mean is "Celina has a better defense." Or they are just thinkin too hard.

Go Bobcats. Keep on marching on.

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 08:12 PM

Don't worry, we won't underestimate you in the second half!! In fact we kinda like that half too.
Okay...............:clap:

75009Football
12-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Since the Vernon fans have vaporized and do not seem to be giving you LH fans any feedback, I thought I would help out.

BB, BB, BB. You are just too cool for school. Keep up the fun work as you brighten all our days.

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Somebody give us a summary on Celina please. lol. we know they have a good defense but what type of D do they run. do they just get in the I and pound it or do they run out of the gun? whos the big playemakers? Thanks.

I will give a more complete rundown. Celina has had the number one defense in the state the last two years. And we generally are always statistically in the top 5 most of the time and during our streak went 1 and 2 etc. However we have also had a top 5 offense in our best years and again that is true.

Defense part 1.
Defense you will see is every bit as good as Wimberely last year if not better.
We run a stacked front that looks anything from a 4 3 to a 5 2. One de on the line is always up and moves to any point on the line during the play. When
we play misdirection we depend on saturation with assignments for everyone and everyone carries out their assignments. It is a clockwork team defense. The 10 - 1 runs off of the same sets. The fs plays back but the rest of the team is within 2 yards of the line. The mike linebackers are shifted towards the strong side with the corners standing on the line outside the
ends watching their assignments which vary in a tight running set on the ends and wing or slot back. Or in other words there are 8 men on the line filling every gap and lane on assignment with a particular play. There will be a qb guy
and option guy etc for every play.
The corners stuff the ends at the line.
If the read is a running play they cover their run assignments. The ss plays more like a linebacker as well. The 10 1 special is similar and all of the Defenses are designed specifically to ignore misdirection. No on cares where the ball is because they have their own assignments. The line cuts and slants and stunts and does not set until the o
steps up and begins the snap so the blocking assignments will be confusing.
This is a simple explanation of the run
d. The pass D is even better because you do not have time to throw.

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Defense part 2.

In the pass defense we can cover the spread as well as anything most people have thrown. LH is not considered a good passing team so they will have a hard time if they try to throw because our secondary is fast to the ball and sure tacklers as well as good cover guys. We
have the best FS in the state and I am not sure how many picks he has now. But
in the playoffs I think we have had 9 so far. Once again we create havoc up front
with our front 7 and actually are harder to throw on than run because no opposing qb can let a play develop. Sacks and forced fumbles by the bucket load.

Just so you understand our philosophy we play our best athletes on defense first. Then offense. That is why we win. We play field position short field and turnovers with almost no running. No team in the playoffs have gotten more than 150 yards total offense in the last two years except one. They only scored
12 points. No one has scored more than 13 points on the D in any playoff game. We have allowed only 117 points scored against us this year. And yes that great Robinson O only scored 14.
By comparison LH has given up 294.
Celina has scored 603 and LH 605.
This covers the basics. If you don't believe our D is fantastic ask GWOOD.
He is a believer now.

mrescape43
12-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Liberty Hill Panthers will win.

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Liberty Hill Panthers will win.

They won't. If you believe that then you need to watch some game film. They execute very well. The key is that Celina
plays a technique heavy D designed to trap your execution before it starts by being at the point of attack before you are. It means a disciplined bunch of guys who have to watch hours of game tape and run literally 50 60 plays of defensive preparation against the scout teams every day. By the time they line up they will know where you are going to be. And if you think that does not mean anything
Most of the team we play are running teams and run some type of misdirection and counter stuff. It works once in a while. That is why we give up 7 to 14 points a game. Can LH stop our
O is the question that needs to be answered. Oh and one other thing. Most of these guys have been playing together since middle school. And guess what. The varsity coaches are the middle school coaches. So what system do they play in middle school?
That is why they are so good at it.

GreenMachine
12-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Come on LH and shut these yanks up. I know that ya'll are very capable of taking this game, and I for one, think ya'll will. They can boast about their defense and give every reason for why they will win, but they have yet to see an offense like ya'lls. Very confusing with very disciplined players. I never thought that a 99.9% running team could make it as far as ya'll have, and now I don't think that ya'll can be stopped. Do everyone on this board a favor and bring the trophy back to the lower part of the state. I am tired about hearing about reg. 2 teams being superior.

tigerpride_08
12-17-2006, 09:42 PM
i wanna say LH...but my gut is saying Celina...

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Come on LH and shut these yanks up. I know that ya'll are very capable of taking this game, and I for one, think ya'll will. They can boast about their defense and give every reason for why they will win, but they have yet to see an offense like ya'lls. Very confusing with very disciplined players. I never thought that a 99.9% running team could make it as far as ya'll have, and now I don't think that ya'll can be stopped. Do everyone on this board a favor and bring the trophy back to the lower part of the state. I am tired about hearing about reg. 2 teams being superior.

There is no straight up running team that our coaches and seniors have not seen. They are all variations on a theme. Most offenses are more similar than they are different. What makes a team special is its execution. And here is the interesting part. Everybody on any board always talks about their O. How it is the next coming of Christ etc.
You ever notice that. Just for grins how is LH going to stop us. I have a clue for you. They won't. And We preach D. And no one has proved us wrong yet. Defense wins championships. We have 6 since 95 to prove it. And that is about when we really started getting proficient at coaching and learning the d. It is not a coincidence. I am not saying that we will win. But I promise you LH will know that we can play on both sides of the ball before the game is thru and most llikely that our D is all that it is cracked up to be. Funny thiing tho. OUr Offense can score quick if we need to. We have a good passing game as well as a good running game.

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2006, 10:07 PM
AT this point I am calling it a pickem. This
ought to be a really good game.

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i wanna say LH...but my gut is saying Celina...
Go with your gut. We've had this "talk" before. ;)

Hansum Stranger
12-17-2006, 10:15 PM

Defense you will see is every bit as good as Wimberely last year if not better.

I've seen both. Celina's isn't as good as Wimberley's was last year.

Ranger Mom
12-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
I've seen both. Celina's isn't as good as Wimberley's was last year.

OMG!!! You are in for it now Buddy!!;) :p :D

Be prepared to read 942034 stats trying to prove you wrong!!:D

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 10:26 PM
*sigh*

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Don't worry Mom, trouble will find it's place.

Emerson1
12-17-2006, 10:29 PM
I should be there.

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2006, 10:31 PM

Come on MOM. HS is a Celina hater and always has been. I saw Wimberely whip
Gainseville last year. Great athletes. Good execution. Not as good a scheme or coaching as Celina. We know. We live around HS and he really always puts us in second place. However in fairness to him
Celina might be a hair less effective than wimberely last year. But statistically we have given up less points than Wimberely.
In order for us to catch them we would have to give up 50 points this week. Of course we will have played one more game. There per game average was 10.
Ours is 7.

Ranger Mom
12-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Gainseville last year. Great athletes. Good execution. Not as good a scheme or coaching as Celina. We know. We live around HS and he really always puts us in second place. However in fairness to him
Celina might be a hair less effective than wimberely last year. But statistically we have given up less points than Wimberely.
In order for us to catch them we would have to give up 50 points this week.

Uhm....okay!

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Go with your gut. We've had this "talk" before. ;)

LHPantherMOM, congratulations on your
boys making it. Great team. It looks like we will get to see a great game next saturday. Praying for good weather and safety for all cause I want to see our boys
have the best possible chance for a good
well fought game.

Ranger Mom
12-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Speaking of weather.....what is the forecast for next weekend? I thought I had heard/read somewhere that it was supposed to get cold sometime this week.

LHMom
12-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Well I don't want to step on RunDoe's toes by providing the forecast... but currently weather.com says mostly cloudy and 61 degrees for the high.

RMAC
12-17-2006, 10:49 PM
I hope it gets cold. I NEED it to get cold. People don't like to burn fires when it's 70 during the day.

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Speaking of weather.....what is the forecast for next weekend? I thought I had heard/read somewhere that it was supposed to get cold sometime this week.

Right now it says around 60 with a little wind but not too much. Ought to be perfect football weather.

Ranger Mom
12-17-2006, 10:54 PM
That sounds good. I was WAY overdressed yesterday. Long sleeve shirt and jeans.

I HAD some pajama pants and a short sleeve shirt on for the ride down, but just didn't feel right wearing it out in public to a game!!

BobcatBenny
12-17-2006, 10:57 PM
It is way better coming into this discussion this week as the underdog. I am glad because that means we have the high ground in the discussion. Vernon enjoyed it last week.

I am going to enjoy the game . . . and if . . . and it appears to be a big fat chance if . . . at least according to the pollsters . . . Celina lays the wood to LH . . . I will transform from big head Benny . . . into . . . WildTexan squared! :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Ranger Mom
12-17-2006, 11:02 PM
I will transform from big head Benny . . . into . . . WildTexan squared! :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

OMG!!!!:eek: :eek:

Please NO!!!!!!!!!!!

rundoe
12-18-2006, 01:39 AM

No Let em talk. Its the best thing they can do. You've seen our defense and you have seen our offence. They can talk all they want here, in fact its all good info.

They think that they can stop anyone, well, so have all of other teams we have beaten to get here.

They think our D can't stop their O. Well. so did all the other teams we beat to get here.

So, Let them talk. We will play!!!!! Our band Of Brothers will be ready.

rundoe
12-18-2006, 01:47 AM
There is no straight up running team that our coaches and seniors have not seen. They are all variations on a theme. Most offenses are more similar than they are different. What makes a team special is its execution. And here is the interesting part. Everybody on any board always talks about their O. How it is the next coming of Christ etc.
You ever notice that. Just for grins how is LH going to stop us. I have a clue for you. They won't. And We preach D. And no one has proved us wrong yet. Defense wins championships. We have 6 since 95 to prove it. And that is about when we really started getting proficient at coaching and learning the d. It is not a coincidence. I am not saying that we will win. But I promise you LH will know that we can play on both sides of the ball before the game is thru and most llikely that our D is all that it is cracked up to be. Funny thiing tho. OUr Offense can score quick if we need to. We have a good passing game as well as a good running game.

You know what. This is 2006, not 1995. Coach Vance has seen it too and he knows what it takes to win ball games.

So Be ready for a running team that you have NOT seen yet and a defence that is deady inside the Redzone!!!

I'm not gonna waste my time this week arguing with you. I am gonna read what you write and watch what happens on Saturday!! Keep talking you smack, Its good bathroom reading material.

You are about to face a team that actually DESERVES to be on the field on Saturday and has the heart, will and skill to play with anyone, and that INCLUDES Celina.

Liberty Hill PANTHERS The Band of Brothers!!

rundoe
12-18-2006, 01:53 AM
All I know is if it comes down to Celina's offense scoring more than our defense allows against a running team, then I really like Celina's chances. Go Bobcats, tighten your defense and make it a record EIGHT championships!

True, StreetBob. Here is the key to beating LH...(and we have done it the last 3 years in a row, including this one, and they used the EXACT same offensive game plan)....make them have a 3rd and long every time you can. They cant pass...they SAY they can, but they are terrible at it. They dont use it enough to be any good at it. This is the "one dimensional" problem that has been talked about for years around here. If you spend all week working on anything, work on this.

They are VERY beatable, but if you dont get control of the line when LH has the ball, they will kill you.

Streetbob, be sure and practice just like this all week.lol.
The Band Of Brothers, LH Panthers

rundoe
12-18-2006, 01:56 AM
Yup that defence works every time, thats how we got here. Till out line wears em down.

rundoe
12-18-2006, 02:00 AM
*sigh*

actually that will your linemen, going. pant.... pant.... pant....... No sighing we hear :hand: :hand:

rundoe
12-18-2006, 02:03 AM
In order for us to catch them we would have to give up 50 points this week. Of course we will have played one more game. There per game average was 10.
Ours is 7.

Analize it all you want, at the end of the game, we just need one more point on the board than Celina. Thats all that matters now!!!

rundoe
12-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Sok, LHMOM, You can be WeatherPerson of the week, lol No toes stepped on here!!!!

rundoe
12-18-2006, 02:08 AM
It is way better coming into this discussion this week as the underdog. I am glad because that means we have the high ground in the discussion. Vernon enjoyed it last week.

I am going to enjoy the game . . . and if . . . and it appears to be a big fat chance if . . . at least according to the pollsters . . . Celina lays the wood to LH . . . I will transform from big head Benny . . . into . . . WildTexan squared! :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

SQUARED IS RIGHT!!!!

StreetBobcat
12-18-2006, 02:11 AM
So rundoe, what's LH's game plan? Are they going to run it down our throat? And what if that doesn't work against a #1 defense? What's the back up plan.... Hail Mary's?

Hansum Stranger
12-18-2006, 06:24 AM

Be prepared to read 942034 stats trying to prove you wrong!!:D

I know. If you don't agree with dumb and dumber then they get their panties in a wad.

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 06:49 AM
:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: *sighs again and wonders about the bitter people*:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

rundoe
12-18-2006, 09:14 AM
So rundoe, what's LH's game plan? Are they going to run it down our throat? And what if that doesn't work against a #1 defense? What's the back up plan.... Hail Mary's?

We will just wave white flags are throw down our weapons, lol.

rundoe
12-18-2006, 09:20 AM
:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: *sighs again and wonders about the bitter people*:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

Which ones? BobCat1

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Not talking about you rundoe. ;)

rundoe
12-18-2006, 09:32 AM
K, BobCat, Certainly not bitter here!!!

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 09:37 AM
I hope you won't have any hard feelings Sunday morning either then. :D

rundoe
12-18-2006, 10:12 AM
No actually will feel great! Will probably be a little hoarse from yelling, but am used to that after our wins.

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 10:59 AM
I suggest taking plenty of tissue instead and you really should save your voice. I mean those refs ain't gonna change their calls anyway. :D

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 11:03 AM
I suggest taking plenty of tissue instead and you really should save your voice. I mean those refs ain't gonna change their calls anyway. :D

Actually...I got to hear rundoe yell, up close and personal...never once heard him yell at the refs. (But he NEVER quit yelling)!

I was impressed actually!!!!! :D

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 11:04 AM
We're always real quiet on our side.:p

catman
12-18-2006, 11:37 AM
MaxPreps has Liberty Hill as a 3 point favorite

kaorder1999
12-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by catman

wow...really? Thats going to piss off the celina faithful!!

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

AWESOME!!!!!!!!:D :clap:

catman
12-18-2006, 11:49 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!:D :clap:

It's not often Celina gets to be the underdog

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 12:16 PM

LOL!! Sure ya are!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
12-18-2006, 12:54 PM
I probably won't have much to say this week, so I'll share these thoughts, then get back to work for now. At this point in the season, there's not much that a fan of either team can say to convince fans of the other team "why" their team will/will not win. Many will try....that's what most of us are here to do while our teams are playing. Many will have fun with this, some will have "waddage" going on. (Yes, rundoe, this means you, too. ;) ) In the end when all is said and done, none of the words will have any affect one way or another on the outcome of the game. The one thing that no one in the state can argue is that both teams deserve to be here and have gotten here the same way....by beating those playoff teams in their way.

Now for my homer/mom thoughts. Read them or not....agree or not, I really don't care. They're just things I need to say about OUR team.

This group of 15-18 year-old young men have strapped them on every week and hung with and/or defeated some of the best 3a teams in the state and one long-time 4a rival. The opponents' history is not intimidating to them, so keep throwing the eleventy-three state finals appearances/titles out there. Anyone who watched them dominate Burnet knows they're not intimidated by history. Anyone who watched them take Cuero down to the wire knows they're not intimidated by history. The opponents' undefeated record or ranking is not intimidating to them, nor are our two losses of any concern to them, so keep throwing Celina's undefeated status and our two losses out there. Both losses happened 3 months ago by a total of 8 points and honestly helped them get where they are. Anyone who watched them dominate both Giddings and Hondo, teams that were undefeated and one that was ranked much higher than them in the final AP poll, knows that they're not intimidated by either records or rankings.

They are conditioned to go full speed all 4 quarters or longer if needed & can go the distance with any team in the state. They are 100% a team unit - it's not about "me" or "you" or "him" - it is about "US". As one of our senior players put it....."We ARE a band of brothers".

Get ready to strap 'em on again, Panthers. It's going to be a cat fight.

WHO YA ROOTING FOR???

L-H-H-S!!!

catman
12-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Well said Mom

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 12:59 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

westexasfball87
12-18-2006, 01:00 PM
I would like to see the fans play each other first and then let the boys do their thing. Would be a must see event.

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Mom now that's saying it right.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

rundoe
12-18-2006, 01:21 PM

After some of the refs we have had this year, as long as thay call a fair game we will be happy. Don't plan on using any tissues. Unless its to polish the trophy on way home.

rundoe
12-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Actually...I got to hear rundoe yell, up close and personal...never once heard him yell at the refs. (But he NEVER quit yelling)!

I was impressed actually!!!!! :D

I NEVER QUIT YELLING AND NEITHER DO THE REST OF OUR FANS!!!!!!!!

wimbo_pro
12-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by catman

CATMAN!!! Good to see you. I wanted to hear from a voice of reason here on this game. You have no dog in this fight...you have seen tons of HS games...give us your take on it!!!

rundoe
12-18-2006, 01:26 PM

I like you Bobcat, You sound like a fun guy. I enjoy talking smack with you.

We don't resort to the name calling and crap that is usually a norn on here. Hopefull we can meet sometime.

rundoe
12-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

Darn, I hate not getting to be the underdog.

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 01:28 PM
:clap: :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rundoe
12-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by westexasfball87
I would like to see the fans play each other first and then let the boys do their thing. Would be a must see event.

I thought we were playing now, lol

Good words LHPantherMom. Me and Bocat are just having fun.

pirate4state
12-18-2006, 01:44 PM
I probably won't have much to say this week, so I'll share these thoughts, then get back to work for now. At this point in the season, there's not much that a fan of either team can say to convince fans of the other team "why" their team will/will not win. Many will try....that's what most of us are here to do while our teams are playing. Many will have fun with this, some will have "waddage" going on. (Yes, rundoe, this means you, too. ;) ) In the end when all is said and done, none of the words will have any affect one way or another on the outcome of the game. The one thing that no one in the state can argue is that both teams deserve to be here and have gotten here the same way....by beating those playoff teams in their way.

Now for my homer/mom thoughts. Read them or not....agree or not, I really don't care. They're just things I need to say about OUR team.

This group of 15-18 year-old young men have strapped them on every week and hung with and/or defeated some of the best 3a teams in the state and one long-time 4a rival. The opponents' history is not intimidating to them, so keep throwing the eleventy-three state finals appearances/titles out there. Anyone who watched them dominate Burnet knows they're not intimidated by history. Anyone who watched them take Cuero down to the wire knows they're not intimidated by history. The opponents' undefeated record or ranking is not intimidating to them, nor are our two losses of any concern to them, so keep throwing Celina's undefeated status and our two losses out there. Both losses happened 3 months ago by a total of 8 points and honestly helped them get where they are. Anyone who watched them dominate both Giddings and Hondo, teams that were undefeated and one that was ranked much higher than them in the final AP poll, knows that they're not intimidated by either records or rankings. As one of our senior players put it....."We ARE a band of brothers".

WHO YA ROOTING FOR???

L-H-H-S!!!

:clap: :clap: AMEN SISTER!!!

I think what every fan wants to see is a good game. I don't want this to be a blow out and I don't think it will be. It may turn into a low scoring affair :eek: A real defensive struggle!! :thumbsup:

I predicted a high scoring game in the brackets, but I think I've changed my mind to a 28-21 Liberty Hill VICTORY!! :D

WHO YA ROOTING FOR??? L-H-H-S!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 01:52 PM
I like you Bobcat, You sound like a fun guy. I enjoy talking smack with you.

We don't resort to the name calling and crap that is usually a norn on here. Hopefull we can meet sometime.
;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

footballgal
12-18-2006, 02:38 PM
I have been out of the loop, for a couple of weeks now and just read its LH vs Celina for the state title.

I just have to say great, great job by Liberty Hill, for a program, who in 2003 was fairly new to the playoffs scene - but has been having great runs in the playoffs, in such a short time since. To think they have already made it to the big dance - just shows, what a wonderful job, Coach Vance, staff and players, have done and are doing! Congratulations Liberty Hill Panthers - you've done an amazing job!

One more game LH - just one more! Best Wishes, to both teams!

Go Panthers!:clap:

BobcatBenny
12-18-2006, 02:46 PM
In the absence of BILLYFRED0000, I hope he does not mind me stepping into his place for one post. :nerd:

I know this is not baseball, but these are what I find most interesting about Liberty Hill's season stats.

Game Avg. Passing-COMP: 1.14
Opponent's Game Avg. Passing-YDS: 156.36
Game Avg. Fumbles-FUMB: 2.36

Alaska cat
12-18-2006, 02:46 PM

Only probelemis LH cant stop anyone..so how is your O going to be on the field that much? they give up 21 running and 18 completions and a ton of yards on Defense....that will make a long day for the LH D...we can pass run and chew gum at the same time....unlike a one dimensional team

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 02:47 PM
In the absence of BILLYFRED0000, I hope he does not mind me stepping into his place for one post. :nerd:

I know this is not baseball, but these are what I find most interesting about Liberty Hill's season stats.

Game Avg. Fumbles-FUMB: 2.36

I have lost all respect for you now, benny boy!!

BobcatBenny
12-18-2006, 02:49 PM
I have lost all respect for you now, benny boy!!
I am glad you recognized a shot that was aimed at you. Keep your head down! :D

LH Panther Mom
12-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
Only probelemis LH cant stop anyone..so how is your O going to be on the field that much? they give up 21 running and 18 completions and a ton of yards on Defense....that will make a long day for the LH D...we can pass run and chew gum at the same time....unlike a one dimensional team
I believe we'll show up to play anyway, if it's all the same to you. :hand: :hand:

Butkus
12-18-2006, 02:52 PM

Game Avg. Fumbles-FUMB: 2.36 Imma thinkin all these fancy stats these 2 younguns r throwin out is a cover for sum real lackin of other parts shall we say.:D

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 02:53 PM
I am glad you recognized a shot that was aimed at you. Keep your head down! :D

Geeez....I'm not THAT blonde!!:hand:

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 02:54 PM
I believe we'll show up to play anyway, if it's all the same to you. :hand: :hand:

We believe *clap clap*

We believe *clap clap*

We believe in the Panther team!!!

Butkus
12-18-2006, 02:55 PM
In the absence of BILLYFRED0000 Do ya need old Butkus ta go bail ya buddy out.:D

GWOOD
12-18-2006, 02:58 PM
In the absence of BILLYFRED0000,

Where is that BillyFred this week?

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Where is that BillyFred this week?

Shhhhhhh!!

Maybe if we are real quiet, he won't find us!!

icu812
12-18-2006, 03:02 PM
OK I've never seen LH play, but from what I understand they are a very good misdirection running team. Does LH run out of the same formation or multiple formations? full house T, wing T, DW, what do they run??

LH Panther Mom
12-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by icu812
OK I've never seen LH play, but from what I understand they are a very good misdirection running team. Does LH run out of the same formation or multiple formations? full house T, wing T, DW, what do they run??
Slot T

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Shhhhhhh!!

Maybe if we are real quiet, he won't find us!! http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6264/newlaughdd0.gif http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6264/newlaughdd0.gif http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6264/newlaughdd0.gif http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6264/newlaughdd0.gif

GWOOD
Shhhhhhh!!

Maybe if we are real quiet, he won't find us!!

Whooops. Sorry. I'm usually the loudmouth that blows the secret

firstcat
[. [/BT
They cant pass...they SAY they can, but they are terrible at it. They dont use it enough to be any good at it. This is the "one dimensional" problem that has been talked about for years around here. ][/QUOTE]

I will have to quote our Coach..."When you're logging 400+ yards per week, it really doesn't make any difference whether you do it running or passing"...

Good Luck on the hardwood, Wimbo-Pro....

catman
12-18-2006, 03:37 PM
CATMAN!!! Good to see you. I wanted to hear from a voice of reason here on this game. You have no dog in this fight...you have seen tons of HS games...give us your take on it!!!

I couldn't say much about the game because I haven't seen Celina this year.
My signature under my posts means that I don't like to see one-sided games. That is what most of Celina's games are because of a weaker strength of schedule and region compared to some of the other top teams IMO. Therefore, I have never seen them in any games other than semi-finals and finals. I have seen enough Celina games in other years to know that none of their teams would ever fail to give their best effort in representing their community and that they will always be well coached and disciplined though.

I had never seen LH until their game with Wimberley last year. Because of their strength of schedule, I have watched them play Cuero, Wimberley, and Giddings this year. I do think that LH is a stronger team now than when they had their two losses. They are playing a lot better defensively. I will be sitting with LH at the game and hope to see them win, not because I have a desire to see Celina lose but because of the familiarity I have in seeing LH
improve over the season.

Celina has been letting teams jump out in front lately. They need to make sure that doesn't happen this week. Whereas MaxPreps has LH favored by 3 points, it will not suprise me in the least if the Massey Ratings comes out favoring Celina by 3 points. I think that both teams will give their all and that we will see a very good game

wimbo_pro
12-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Good assessment, CatMan...should be a good one. In a close one, LH (IMO) has a decided disadvantage with no passing game. So in a close game, I would generally give the advantage to Celina....I know there are many caveates to that statement, but when you analyze LH's "2 minute drill" success this year (against good defenses), its not the best.

On the other hand, if LH controls the clock like we all know they can...even against a good defense, they can still score. Turnovers here will be the big deciding factor...and just how well LH can stop Celina's passing game as they come roaring back.

I bet if you take all the predictions around the state by those who will be making them, the general consensus will be Celina to win by no more than 7 or so.

GWOOD
12-18-2006, 04:16 PM

I bet if you take all the predictions around the state by those who will be making them, the general consensus will be Celina to win by no more than 7 or so.

I would agree with that. I think Max Preps is the exception.

catman
12-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Good assessment, CatMan...should be a good one. In a close one, LH (IMO) has a decided disadvantage with no passing game. So in a close game, I would generally give the advantage to Celina....I know there are many caveates to that statement, but when you analyze LH's "2 minute drill" success this year (against good defenses), its not the best.

On the other hand, if LH controls the clock like we all know they can...even against a good defense, they can still score. Turnovers here will be the big deciding factor...and just how well LH can stop Celina's passing game as they come roaring back.

I always felt that the reason LH lost to Cuero and Wimberley was because of their weakness against the passing game. It is my opinion that they have greatly improved their pass defense since then. So as you know, the big matchup in this game will be Celina's ability to control LH's potent ground game. Of course Celina already knows this and LH knows they know it and we will get to see whether or not they can.

wimbo_pro
12-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
[. [/BT
They cant pass...they SAY they can, but they are terrible at it. They dont use it enough to be any good at it. This is the "one dimensional" problem that has been talked about for years around here. ]

I will have to quote our Coach..."When you're logging 400+ yards per week, it really doesn't make any difference whether you do it running or passing"...

Good Luck on the hardwood, Wimbo-Pro.... [/QUOTE]

Thanks FirstCat...we'll see you there next week.

rundoe
12-18-2006, 04:18 PM

Hmmm, Interesting. Wonder whey we keep winning then?

I like it when i read these sort of stats. That means you actualy believe youcan't be stopped.

There is only ONE stat that matters to me. Thats the one on the scoreboard at the end of the game that says Liberty hill has more points the Celina.

Keep dishing the crap Celina fans. It just makes us work harder.
The Band of Brothers.

But thanks for the info.
Rundoe

rundoe
12-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
I would agree with that. I think Max Preps is the exception.
I would reverve the score and make tha LH by 7.

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 04:26 PM
[. [/BT
They cant pass...they SAY they can, but they are terrible at it. They dont use it enough to be any good at it. This is the "one dimensional" problem that has been talked about for years around here. ]

Good Luck on the hardwood, Wimbo-Pro.... [/QUOTE]

Seriously, you have never seen or played against our defense or any defense even remotely like it. We have played offenses similar to yours and have a good idea how to defend against. Hypothetically speaking, if our D holds you to less than 200 yards who wins?

LH Panther Mom
12-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks FirstCat...we'll see you there next week.
:confused: :confused: Is there a LH/Wimberley basketball game scheduled for next week? I guess I should check the schedule. :doh:

wimbo_pro
12-18-2006, 04:28 PM

Good Luck on the hardwood, Wimbo-Pro....

Seriously, you have never seen or played against our defense or any defense even remotely like it. We have played offenses similar to yours and have a good idea how to defend against. Hypothetically speaking, if our D holds you to less than 200 yards who wins? [/B][/QUOTE]

****They'll go to the pass...which is exactly my point.*****

rundoe
12-18-2006, 04:45 PM
You won't see any "waddage" from me this week LHPM.

I am kind enjoying the information that Celina keeps sending our way.

Am actually having some fun this week on here.

As you can see I am still dancing at the bottom of the page. I still plan on dancing next week too, celebrating our win.

Seem like a pretty decent bunch of posters so far. Lets see what they have to say after the game.

I have to get my answers in now cause i'll be out of town the 20th though the 22d.

In the small village I go to in Mexico, they don't even have cell phone coverage, much less the internet.

By the way, your post was the best one yet.

I can't wait to get hit by your bell this week. Just hope it's not any more than last week.
Rundoe

This group of 15-18 year-old young men have strapped them on every week and hung with and/or defeated some of the best 3a teams in the state and one long-time 4a rival. The opponents' history is not intimidating to them, so keep throwing the eleventy-three state finals appearances/titles out there. Anyone who watched them dominate Burnet knows they're not intimidated by history. Anyone who watched them take Cuero down to the wire knows they're not intimidated by history. The opponents' undefeated record or ranking is not intimidating to them, nor are our two losses of any concern to them, so keep throwing Celina's undefeated status and our two losses out there. Both losses happened 3 months ago by a total of 8 points and honestly helped them get where they are. Anyone who watched them dominate both Giddings and Hondo, teams that were undefeated and one that was ranked much higher than them in the final AP poll, knows that they're not intimidated by either records or rankings.

They are conditioned to go full speed all 4 quarters or longer if needed & can go the distance with any team in the state. They are 100% a team unit - it's not about "me" or "you" or "him" - it is about "US". As one of our senior players put it....."We ARE a band of brothers".

WHO YA ROOTING FOR???

L-H-H-S!!!

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 04:53 PM
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/1971/deer-running.gif :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

wimbo_pro
12-18-2006, 04:54 PM
:confused: :confused: Is there a LH/Wimberley basketball game scheduled for next week? I guess I should check the schedule. :doh:

Not sure if there is one scheduled, but I am sure that no matter what happens this Saturday, LH will be on the hardwood the following week. The question is...will they be just like us with a loss at the end of their football season, or will they be just like us with a championship ring. Either way, you'll be just like us (just not as good looking)!

LH Panther Mom
12-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Not sure if there is one scheduled, but I am sure that no matter what happens this Saturday, LH will be on the hardwood the following week. The question is...will they be just like us with a loss at the end of their football season, or will they be just like us with a championship ring. Either way, you'll be just like us (just not as good looking)!
Ohhhhhhh, I gotcha. You see, I guess we have one advantage there. Our basketball team has been playing for weeks. I can't think of a varsity football player that plays basketball also. And I disagree on the "good looking" part. :p

firstcat
12-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Hypothetically speaking, if our D holds you to less than 200 yards who wins? [/B][/QUOTE]

I have never seen your defense. But I have spoken at length with many who have. I am told that it is quite comparable to Wimberley's. We had a good deal of success scoring on Wimberley, and I have every bit of confidence that our Defense rivals any others. Our offense is quite touted as being our strong suit, but never discount big D...ask Giddings how "unstoppable" their famed Offense was against it!

firstcat
12-18-2006, 05:10 PM
None of our football players are on our title winning basketball team.

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Hypothetically speaking, if our D holds you to less than 200 yards who wins?

I have never seen your defense. But I have spoken at length with many who have. I am told that it is quite comparable to Wimberley's. We had a good deal of success scoring on Wimberley, and I have every bit of confidence that our Defense rivals any others. Our offense is quite touted as being our strong suit, but never discount big D...ask Giddings how "unstoppable" their famed Offense was against it! [/B][/QUOTE]

That would be a no. No one in the state runs our D. To say it is comparable means they have to run it. You have never seen this Defensive Scheme. That I can promis you. And it is very difficult to explain to you why it will stop you or at the very least slow you down a lot. You just have to see the scheme to believe it. I have seen the slot t, the wing t, the broken bone,
the spread. But you have never seen the 10 1. That I can promise you.

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 05:22 PM

I have never seen your defense. But I have spoken at length with many who have. I am told that it is quite comparable to Wimberley's. We had a good deal of success scoring on Wimberley, and I have every bit of confidence that our Defense rivals any others. Our offense is quite touted as being our strong suit, but never discount big D...ask Giddings how "unstoppable" their famed Offense was against it! [/B][/QUOTE]
They lost brock early. That is why they failed. Hey but that's the breaks. If you have only one guy that good that is what will happen to you.

firstcat
12-18-2006, 05:22 PM
That would be a no. No one in the state runs our D. To say it is comparable means they have to run it. You have never seen this Defensive Scheme. That I can promis you. And it is very difficult to explain to you why it will stop you or at the very least slow you down a lot. You just have to see the scheme to believe it. I have seen the slot t, the wing t, the broken bone,
the spread. But you have never seen the 10 1. That I can promise you. [/B][/QUOTE]

And I can't wait to see it this Saturday.....this should definitely be a match-up of the best! Looking forward to it!!

LH Panther Mom
12-18-2006, 05:27 PM
They lost brock early. That is why they failed. Hey but that's the breaks. If you have only one guy that good that is what will happen to you.
Actually, he was not a factor while he was playing....and was held to 51 yards rushing, 2 fumbles (I know one was forced) and 0 td's the first half when he played.

Emerson1
12-18-2006, 05:27 PM
None of our football players are on our title winning basketball team.
Title winning??

rundoe
12-18-2006, 05:38 PM
I have never seen your defense. But I have spoken at length with many who have. I am told that it is quite comparable to Wimberley's. We had a good deal of success scoring on Wimberley, and I have every bit of confidence that our Defense rivals any others. Our offense is quite touted as being our strong suit, but never discount big D...ask Giddings how "unstoppable" their famed Offense was against it!

the spread. But you have never seen the 10 1. That I can promise you. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think thats a safe statement, ask Hondo

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 05:51 PM

And as far as Giddings famed offense. It suffers from the same issue yours does.
If you stop it they cannot throw. Ours can
run or pass. With equal efficiency.

GreenMachine
12-18-2006, 06:27 PM
If Celina stacks 10 players in the box, there will be a lot of long runs by LH. :thumbsup: But I guess you have to try it or they will chew up five yards at a time.

WildTexan
12-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Celina will stack the box and it will be some smashmouth football and Celina will win the game....quote me on it now and cook up the crow....you can eat it while I am at Heitmeier's having a steak dinner after the game....

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 06:58 PM
If Celina stacks 10 players in the box, there will be a lot of long runs by LH. :thumbsup: But I guess you have to try it or they will chew up five yards at a time.

You do not understand. We do not stack the box in the fashion that you speak of.
I cannot explain the concept or execution to you if you do not have a pretty indepth
idea of defenses in general. I have seen
defensive guru's get glassy eyed when coach Ford tries to explain it. But ask GWOOD what he thinks.

wimbo_pro
12-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Ohhhhhhh, I gotcha. You see, I guess we have one advantage there. Our basketball team has been playing for weeks. I can't think of a varsity football player that plays basketball also. And I disagree on the "good looking" part. :p

Really? No football players on the BB team? Wow.

GreenMachine
12-18-2006, 07:08 PM
You do not understand. We do not stack the box in the fashion that you speak of.
I cannot explain the concept or execution to you if you do not have a pretty indepth
idea of defenses in general. I have seen
defensive guru's get glassy eyed when coach Ford tries to explain it. But ask GWOOD what he thinks. You do not understand. LH executes the slot T better than anyone in 3a, and probably Texas High School football as a whole. But as I said before, you will be amazed. :eek: I am not knocking ya'lls defense. I'm sure it is great because you are in the championship game. I'm just saying that other great defenses knew that it was coming, and weren't able to stop it. We shall see :thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 07:14 PM
You do not understand. LH executes the slot T better than anyone in 3a, and probably Texas High School football as a whole. But as I said before, you will be amazed. :eek: I am not knocking ya'lls defense. I'm sure it is great because you are in the championship game. I'm just saying that other great defenses knew that it was coming, and weren't able to stop it. We shall see :thinking:

I have one major issue with that statement. I have seen the slot t. I have seen us defend the slot t. I have seen us
shut it down. You have never seen our defensive scheme yet you can make a claim that we cannot stop the slot t. At least I make an educated guess. You do not have a clue what you are talking about in relation to our defense.

GreenMachine
12-18-2006, 08:00 PM
I have one major issue with that statement. I have seen the slot t. I have seen us defend the slot t. I have seen us
shut it down. You have never seen our defensive scheme yet you can make a claim that we cannot stop the slot t. At least I make an educated guess. You do not have a clue what you are talking about in relation to our defense. Have you seen LH run the slot T????? Like you said, it is a guess, and if you have not seen LH run it, your guess is not even educated.

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 08:03 PM
I have actually seen BOTH teams play!!:D

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 08:08 PM
I have actually seen BOTH teams play!!:D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :D

Daddy D 11
12-18-2006, 08:24 PM
ive stayed outta all the talking just because last week i was in the middle of a good thread about just the basics about Celina...

but from just reading every post on this topic i have one question?

What makes Celina's 10-1 better than Liberty Hill's Slot T when neither one of us from either team has seen the other?

sure LH has run over every single team it has faced.

and im sure that Celina has stuffed every single team that is has faced.

but when it comes down to it..i really do NOT think that Celina has every seen anything remotly close to THIS slot T :D

and BELIEVE me when i say that EVERY SINGLE team that LH has ever faced has always ran ridiculous schemes to stop it..and to this day in the 5-6 years of Vances tenure i have only seen the FOUR HEADED MONSTER slown down 2 times ( both by Wimberley in 04 and 05 )

yes LH has obviously lost games, but i think anyone that has seen these games knows that the other team just flat out won the shoot out!

and i just have my doubts to the fact that Celina can win in a shootout..because that just wont happen with the style of ball that both teams run.

not saying that LH wins...

BUT LIBERTY HILL WILL WEAR DOWN CELINA.

maybe not enough to pull it out :confused:

^ but that my friends is the truth ^

wimbo_pro
12-18-2006, 08:27 PM
nm

wimbo_pro
12-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Liberty Hill will have to play their best game in years to win this one....best game on BOTH sides of the ball.

pirate4state
12-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Liberty Hill will have to play their best game in years to win this one....best game on BOTH sides of the ball. Ya think? I'm sure they don't have any intention to go in there & play their worst game, but sometimes it just happens. That's why you gotta love HS football!! You just never know what's gonna happen.

GO PANTHERS!!!

rundoe
12-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Which ones? BobCat1

The Bobcat carcasses from the first half, lol.

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 08:47 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :D

What??? I HAVE seen both teams play!!:mad:

Snyder_TigerFan
12-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Here is an article about the 10-1 defense from last year. I'd like to see it for myself. They sure kept Vernon in check with it.

http://www.momentummedia.com/articles/cm/cm1404/bbdefense.htm

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Have you seen LH run the slot T????? Like you said, it is a guess, and if you have not seen LH run it, your guess is not even educated.

Yes, I have seen some film. Good execution with above average speed. Good line blocking. I have seen no one with a scheme like ours against it. I wont
try to explain it because you just won't believe it. Not saying we will stop you. But I will say that our scheme will probably
be the most difficult thing you have ever run against.

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 08:59 PM
What??? I HAVE seen both teams play!!:mad: http://www.franklin.k12.ma.us/rem8thpages/helenakatieandcaitlin/image/shhhhh.gif http://www.franklin.k12.ma.us/rem8thpages/helenakatieandcaitlin/image/biggrin.gif

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Here is an article about the 10-1 defense from last year. I'd like to see it for myself. They sure kept Vernon in check with it.

And there you have it. Lovely explanation.
The key is everybody has an assignment and executest their assignment. Midirection means nothing because every back will get hit if it looks like he has the ball by somebody. It works best when you have some big strong kids that are quick and can tye up the offensive line and we do. Troy 6 7 270 and Jame 6 3 245 are exellent. Jamie will be playing on full scholarship next year for the OSU Cowboys. And Troy only a jr is starting to draw some attention himself. And to that overall team speed(4.5 to 4.9) on defense and you begin to see how it works. We just come after you and hit everybody and then we let God sort it out.

rundoe
12-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

We ain't Vernon are we. Panthers

Snyder_TigerFan
12-18-2006, 09:07 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 09:17 PM

No but you are like a lot of other teams we have played in the last 10 years or so
and in that time you have 0 titles and we have 6. Now that aint braggin it's a fact.
I know you are good. Looks great on film.
Maybe as good as I have seen. Problem is that we cannot tell till we meet. But I can promise you that we will get stops and more than you are used to. Like I said, I think it becomes a defensive issue for LH. And we have played better defensive teams than you and put up 35 points. I could be wrong and have been before but I think it makes for a darn good matchup and maybe one of the better title games in a long time. We had a humdinger against Mart in 2000 when Quan Cosby was their qb. Great game. Best one I have ever seen.

Alaska cat
12-18-2006, 09:25 PM

Thats what Pewitt said last year, their big time ace got stuffed, and and just like everyone else and the field got shorter they ground to a halt...couple field goals, and they too were average 300-400 yards a game

As far as someones statement your conference is tougher, thata a joke. We step outside the box a lot.

Robinson got creamed and then lost 35-34 to LE Div I 3A for all of the marbles
Liberty Christian lost in the final to Midland Christian
Prosper was in the playoffs 2 rounds
Pilot point went to the third round
Royce Citywe usually beat took it to the Semi's

hardly a patty cake schedule

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 09:41 PM
I think it makes for a darn good matchup and maybe one of the better title games in a long time.

That's all I wanna see!!!

GreenMachine
12-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Thats what Pewitt said last year, their big time ace got stuffed, and and just like everyone else and the field got shorter they ground to a halt...couple field goals, and they too were average 300-400 yards a game

As far as someones statement your conference is tougher, thata a joke. We step outside the box a lot.

Robinson got creamed and then lost 35-34 to LE Div I 3A for all of the marbles
Liberty Christian lost in the final to Midland Christian
Prosper was in the playoffs 2 rounds
Pilot point went to the third round
Royce Citywe usually beat took it to the Semi's

hardly a patty cake schedule :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We shall see Saturday...won't we :D

CATwoman
12-18-2006, 10:23 PM
BILLYFRED....You continue to say that there is no way that we can beat the 10 1...but like we continue to tell you...you have NEVER come across a team that has the will power and the endurance that we have! To beat the 10 1...all we have to do is chop block the Defensive linemen and allow the running back to hit a crease. We will continue to chop block until your guys are tired of getting hit...and that is when the game will be over. And LH will be the 2006 STATE CHAMPIONS!!! =)

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 10:27 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/37.gif http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/13.gif http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/18.gif

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by CATwoman
BILLYFRED....You continue to say that there is no way that we can beat the 10 1...but like we continue to tell you...you have NEVER come across a team that has the will power and the endurance that we have! To beat the 10 1...all we have to do is chop block the Defensive linemen and allow the running back to hit a crease. We will continue to chop block until your guys are tired of getting hit...and that is when the game will be over. And LH will be the 2006 STATE CHAMPIONS!!! =)

But how you gonna chop block our guys after they blow by you. Got to do better than that. It just shows that you have no idea what you are up against. Troy just likes to push his man right into the backfield. Hard to chop block when you are on you A&&

GreenMachine
12-18-2006, 10:46 PM
I am not from LH so the things that I am saying is not "trash" talk. I think Celina will be surprised at the efficiency of LH. We had big D1 lineman too. One committed to U of H and a junior that will no doubt go D1. These LH linemen are GOOD! If nothing more than get in your way, it creates enough of a seam for the running back to get through. I'll say it again to all who said they have seen the slot T...LH runs it to perfection.

CATwoman
12-18-2006, 10:57 PM
The line has the advantage of the snap count. The only possible way your guys can beat the lines is through illegal procedure. An effective bull rush is good only twice. After that a 4 year old ballerina can block it. Overloading the line is a simplistic concept, and it does have it's weaknesses. It works ONLY ON HEAVY LINEMAN. If you run that scheme against lighter atheletes, it is an exercise in futility.

rundoe
12-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Part of our O line on their last varmit hunt, those a BobCats they are holding.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q92/rundoe/796987746_m.jpg

The Panthers are Coming!!!!!!!!

rundoe
12-18-2006, 11:00 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/37.gif http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/13.gif http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/18.gif

what do those liitle smiley things mean BobCat?

BOB_CAT_PRIDE
12-18-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
The game will be next Saturday in Waco at Floyd Casey Field. Not sure about the time yet.

I'm sure someone's already replied to this but just in case, the games' at 4 p.m.

GO CATS!

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 11:16 PM
what do those liitle smiley things mean BobCat? http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/47_47.gif http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/wink_smile.gif

rundoe
12-18-2006, 11:28 PM
I guess it means he lost his voice.

LH OffseasonVet
12-19-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm not going to comment on the game right now, but I did want to point out that the state finalist teams aren't talking much about this or that stud, how good he is or what stats that kid has racked up- Both sides are telling about how good their TEAM is and the record, stats, heart, and ability the TEAM has. All those one man teams are gone. It's good to see two teams taking the field that rely on the whole unit. I love it when it's impossible to name a star.

GWOOD
12-19-2006, 12:34 AM
I guess it means he lost his voice.

He has--until Saturday night.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-19-2006, 01:39 AM
After seeing seeing the Celina defense I do not see anyone running on them. It will take the pass with some help blocking. Celina will send the house on every play. They will man up the receiver or receivers and then just send everyone and they have talent so it is hard to block the defense.

Celina has a nice running game themselves. They also mix in just enough pass. They try and fake the picth and use a QB keeper. They have a great line and have size and speed. They are a very good football team. But the defense is the star of the show setting up short fields for the offense. Of the 30 points they scored on Vernon I bet all of them came on a 50 or less yard field. (Not positive but I can't recall them ever driving the length of the field)...of course they did not have to because the defense will force 3 and outs and set their O up in position.

Pretty good game plan.

Darren
12-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Give them hell LH. I expect a win by at least 14.

Darren

bobcat1
12-19-2006, 11:23 AM
http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb301.gif :thumbsup: :evil:

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb323.gif http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/obscene/eck12.gifhttp://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb260.gif

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 11:37 AM
http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb301.gif :thumbsup: :evil:

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb323.gif http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/obscene/eck12.gifhttp://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb260.gif

:eek: :eek: :eek: Settle down, I'M the smiley junkie. ;)

rundoe
12-19-2006, 11:51 AM
No but you are like a lot of other teams we have played in the last 10 years or so
and in that time you have 0 titles and we have 6. Now that aint braggin it's a fact.
I know you are good. Looks great on film.
Maybe as good as I have seen. Problem is that we cannot tell till we meet. But I can promise you that we will get stops and more than you are used to. Like I said, I think it becomes a defensive issue for LH. And we have played better defensive teams than you and put up 35 points. I could be wrong and have been before but I think it makes for a darn good matchup and maybe one of the better title games in a long time. We had a humdinger against Mart in 2000 when Quan Cosby was their qb. Great game. Best one I have ever seen.

We'll be there Saturday. Ready to play.

I agree with you on the match up.

But please don't give me any more stats from the past.

This is a new day, a new game, and it's High School Football.

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
After seeing seeing the Celina defense I do not see anyone running on them. It will take the pass with some help blocking. Celina will send the house on every play. They will man up the receiver or receivers and then just send everyone and they have talent so it is hard to block the defense.

Celina has a nice running game themselves. They also mix in just enough pass. They try and fake the picth and use a QB keeper. They have a great line and have size and speed. They are a very good football team. But the defense is the star of the show setting up short fields for the offense. Of the 30 points they scored on Vernon I bet all of them came on a 50 or less yard field. (Not positive but I can't recall them ever driving the length of the field)...of course they did not have to because the defense will force 3 and outs and set their O up in position.

Pretty good game plan.

One 70 + drive and then the rest were 55 or less. But that is the only way to play. I like most Bobcats, would rather play a great offensive team that a great defensive team any day. And LH is good on D but Vernon was better. Just a little more speed on the O side of the ball with some passing and you guys would have been dangerous. That D was excellent. The wind made the passing game an adventure but we managed to connect enough.

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Celina is moving up with class

Quick start in 3A has given team confidence to win it all again

11:50 PM CST on Monday, December 18, 2006
By DAVID HINOJOSA / The Dallas Morning News

Even by Celina's lofty standards, this was to be the rebuilding year. With only three returning starters on each side of the ball and its move into Class 3A, all signs pointed for a state-title run next season.

Maybe.

Then a funny thing happened – inexplicable if you ask coach Butch Ford – Celina kept winning.

On Saturday, Ford's young bunch can defy the expectations of many, including his, and capture an unprecedented eighth state championship with a victory against Liberty Hill in the Class 3A Division II final.

"In my wildest dreams, sure, I want to win state every year," Ford said. "But, if you told me the things that have happened were going to happen, and we'd be sitting where we are right now, I would have told you, you were crazy."

Perhaps this state title run shouldn't come as a surprise.

Celina owns several state records including most consecutive victories (68). Its 31-game winning streak is the state's second-longest current run to Southlake Carroll's 47. Celina can become the first team to move up a classification and win back-to-back state championships.

"At the beginning of the season, it didn't look like we had the team, but a lot of people developed and stepped up," said senior Jamie Blatnick, a two-way starting lineman.

With only 15 returning letterwinners, a majority of the starters weren't even on varsity in 2005. Skill positions were open to competition. There was a three-way battle for starting quarterback. Two sophomores filled in at running back after projected starter Austin Kessler went down with a season-ending knee injury in the second week. The linebacker unit was depleted because of injuries.

But the young players have come through. Sophomore Charley Waldrep has rushed for 1,704 yards and 29 touchdowns. Another sophomore running back, Troy McCartney, leads the team with 27 receptions for 431 yards and six touchdowns. He also has rushed for 347 yards and three touchdowns. Freshman linebacker Caleb Lavey was inserted about midway through the season and hasn't relinquished his spot. Junior D'Anton Lynn, who missed the last two games (shoulder injury) in 2005 and the first six this season (ankle injury), has been solid at cornerback.

Celina opened the season with a 42-14 victory against Robinson, which lost, 35-34, to Texarkana Liberty Eylau in the Class 3A Division I final Saturday. That victory against a team that was highly touted coming into the season, gave Celina its first indication it might be better than expected.

Celina rolled through the regular season undefeated, then walloped Madison, 43-6, in the second round of the playoffs by holding speedster Shawnbrey McNeal to 22 yards. The Madison victory served as a defining moment. Both teams finished the regular season in the state's top 10.

"At that point, I thought we could go far, and here we are," junior quarterback Seth Davis said.

Celina has outscored its five playoff opponents, 178-46. It has come-from-behind in the last two before coasting to easy victories. Everything is going Celina's way.

"My word, that team was good," Ford said Saturday after the Vernon game. "I can't tell you how we beat them, but we did. We did it the week before and the week before. I guess we'll try it one more time."

LH Panther Mom
12-19-2006, 12:41 PM
And LH is good on D but Vernon was better.
Just curious what you're basing this on. Is it Massey, where Vernon's shows to be 13th and ours shows to be 20th? Giddings' defense is ranked 3rd. OUR defense kept them out of the endzone for over 3 quarters. Hondo's defense is ranked 11th. OUR defense HELD them in the redzone several times. Maybe those "ratings" are just numbers like every other stat. :thinking: :thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Just curious what you're basing this on. Is it Massey, where Vernon's shows to be 13th and ours shows to be 20th? Giddings' defense is ranked 3rd. OUR defense kept them out of the endzone for over 3 quarters. Hondo's defense is ranked 11th. OUR defense HELD them in the redzone several times. Maybe those "ratings" are just numbers like every other stat. :thinking: :thinking:
Well I never saw Giddings play but thought that their D was not that good as they were giving up points in large numbers and to me the measure of a D is points allowed. Hondo's was good but their achilles heal is their speed. They left their lanes all day and over pursued and I do not care how good you are if you are in the wrong place on the slot t you are going to lose. They did.
Giddings gave up 15 points a game. We give up half of that. And if you wish to use only the playoffs it is 178 to 46. Or 35 to 9 per game. Style of play also mitigates against Hondo as they were weaker against the run. And we have played all running teams with speed backs bull backs and cutter backs and all with decent to good O lines and execution. The highest points total was to a team that could pass a little and that was Bboro. Them boy's was fast. That ricco richards was supposed to have been recorded at 4.36 in the 40. Dallas Madison was 36 to 6 at the half
and Shawnbrey is a certified speedster with the 3a 100 state title two years in a row. Not a bad bunch of backs and offenses. Yours is better.

Daddy D 11
12-19-2006, 01:03 PM
after seeing some film on Celina's defensive scheme i really don't see where all the hype is coming from?

so yes the scheme works when the backers and defensive backs can get good reads..but week in and week out our offensive line that is way too small and way to slow and way to un-athletic always prevails over almost the same scheme that you're going to bring to the table. Our backs carry out fakes so good i promise you that late in the fourth you will still be looking for the ball on almost everysingle play.

Even though you fill every gap, that half step that our back will get on your's because he got confused for a split second will slowly wear you down. IMO i dont see alot of big runs coming from LH in this game, but what i do see is a somewhat ( just enough ) confused Celina defense giving up rumble after rumble from # 44 and # 20 and # 5

:D

you have seen every offense that can be imagined and you have stopped it with surprising ease...but this is a whole new storm.

size doesn't matter against the Liberty Hill Panthers

speed doesn't matter against the Liberty Hill Panthers

disipline doesn't matter against the Liberty Hill Panthers

in the end our line will wear down whoever is in thier way and hopefully that will be enough to prevail over a very talented team for the first ever state championship in this tiny little towns history!

GO PANTHERS!

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 01:08 PM

Also Giddings presented a one dimensional problem for you because the run only. Their passing stats for the season are about 10 yards per game. By comparison we passed for 188 yards against a good Bboro defense. Hondo is a good team but not number 4 in offense and not with a defense designed to stop running teams. They have to game plan for you and execute and that is difficult at best against a team that runs the slot t as well as you do. We have the advantage because our defense was designed and created specifically for offenses like yours. It is made simple by giving players simple assignments that only rotate on sets. Misdirection does not work well because the defense does not care where the ball is everybody has a place to go and the d is designed to be anywhere the ball could be. You could compare it extensively with the 85 bears "46" defense because a lot of it was borrowed from that over the years to improve it.

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Well I never saw Giddings play but thought that their D was not that good as they were giving up points in large numbers and to me the measure of a D is points allowed. Hondo's was good but their achilles heal is their speed. They left their lanes all day and over pursued and I do not care how good you are if you are in the wrong place on the slot t you are going to lose. They did.
Giddings gave up 15 points a game. We give up half of that. And if you wish to use only the playoffs it is 178 to 46. Or 35 to 9 per game. Style of play also mitigates against Hondo as they were weaker against the run. And we have played all running teams with speed backs bull backs and cutter backs and all with decent to good O lines and execution. The highest points total was to a team that could pass a little and that was Bboro. Them boy's was fast. That ricco richards was supposed to have been recorded at 4.36 in the 40. Dallas Madison was 36 to 6 at the half
and Shawnbrey is a certified speedster with the 3a 100 state title two years in a row. Not a bad bunch of backs and offenses. Yours is better.

YOu don't understand it is not about reads only about position. YOu keep applying your defensive techniquest to ours and they are not the same.

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
after seeing some film on Celina's defensive scheme i really don't see where all the hype is coming from?

so yes the scheme works when the backers and defensive backs can get good reads..but week in and week out our offensive line that is way too small and way to slow and way to un-athletic always prevails over almost the same scheme that you're going to bring to the table. Our backs carry out fakes so good i promise you that late in the fourth you will still be looking for the ball on almost everysingle play.

Even though you fill every gap, that half step that our back will get on your's because he got confused for a split second will slowly wear you down. IMO i dont see alot of big runs coming from LH in this game, but what i do see is a somewhat ( just enough ) confused Celina defense giving up rumble after rumble from # 44 and # 20 and # 5

you have seen every offense that can be imagined and you have stopped it with surprising ease...but this is a whole new storm.

in the end our line will wear down whoever is in thier way and hopefully that will be enough to prevail over a very talented team for the first ever state championship in this tiny little towns history!

GO PANTHERS!

And you do not understand we don't look for the ball. You keep applying your defensive technique to our defnense and it just does not work that way. We do not care where the ball is. We only care that we are in the correct position and our defense was designed with your O in mind. We will be where we are supposed to be and in that process will find the ball because we will be in every possible place the ball will be. You just have to see it on film and in execution.

Daddy D 11
12-19-2006, 01:18 PM
i have seen it on film :D

bobcat1
12-19-2006, 01:27 PM

GO PANTHERS! http://www.doodlecafe.com/photo/birds/clever_crows/flying_crows/050628190325_black_feather_wings_of_a_crow.jpg

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 01:30 PM
i have seen it on film :D

I still think your O will give us problems and I have seen some film. But I do believe we will make it harder for you than you are
used to.

rundoe
12-19-2006, 02:01 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/silntbob/Lucas%20Oil%20Stadium/November%204%202006/stadium10.jpg

Had to get a bigger bulldozer.

To shove back all the defensive cr@p you keep shoveling out, SHIRLEY!!!

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 02:11 PM
I will tell you one thing. I was not impressed with Hondo at all looking at the film. They got beat on simple plays because they did not account for the fakes. One in particular when ya'll had that defensive stand and got the ball on downs is a perfect example of what I am talking about. QB just fakes up the middle
and continues on a boot leg and there is no one even watching him. He would have been hit at the line either by the fs or in the backfield for a loss by a corner or linebacker on the 10 - 1. And on the slot back behind in motion behind the QB no one on the hondo side is even accounting for him. I could run our JV on that defense and score. Their coaching must be soft or their kids just make too many mistakes.

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 02:22 PM
I will tell you one thing. I was not impressed with Hondo at all looking at the film. They got beat on simple plays because they did not account for the fakes. One in particular when ya'll had that defensive stand and got the ball on downs is a perfect example of what I am talking about. QB just fakes up the middle
and continues on a boot leg and there is no one even watching him. He would have been hit at the line either by the fs or in the backfield for a loss by a corner or linebacker on the 10 - 1. And on the slot back behind in motion behind the QB no one on the hondo side is even accounting for him. I could run our JV on that defense and score. Their coaching must be soft or their kids just make too many mistakes.

WOW....Are you a coach???

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
WOW....Are you a coach???

No but I stayed at a Holiday Inn......:D

Alot of coaches and teachers in my family and I am a football nut.
I could coach but after seeing what my uncles and cousins go thru with parents and school systems I wonder sometimes why they do it.

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 02:30 PM

Had to get a bigger bulldozer.

To shove back all the defensive cr@p you keep shoveling out, SHIRLEY!!! [/B]

Don't worry. I think you will get the picture eventually.

DaHop72
12-19-2006, 02:32 PM
WOW....Are you a coach??? That's what I'm thinking too, whether he admits it or not.:thumbsup:

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 02:33 PM
No but I stayed at a Holiday Inn......:D

Alot of coaches and teachers in my family and I am a football nut.
I could coach but after seeing what my uncles and cousins go thru with parents and school systems I wonder sometimes why they do it.

Well then, that makes you an expert I suppose. I guess maybe that makes me close to one since my best friend's husband is a coach and I've played cards with some of our coaches. :thinking:

I doubt that the coaching staff in Hondo cares whether or not you were impressed with them. :rolleyes:

There is no need to slam their coaching staff or their "soft kids" after a tough loss. :hand:

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Well then, that makes you an expert I suppose. I guess maybe that makes me close to one since my best friend's husband is a coach and I've played cards with some of our coaches. :thinking:

I doubt that the coaching staff in Hondo cares whether or not you were impressed with them. :rolleyes:

There is no need to slam their coaching staff or their "soft kids" after a tough loss. :hand:

Not a slam just an observation. I like the hondo kids. I just think they played a poor defensive game. I have seen several teams that think they are good offensively play that way. Gilmer being the first. BTW, I thought that LE had a good chance of beating Gilmer if they could control the ball which they did. Gilmer was all
hat and no cattle. or all O and no D.

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Not a slam just an observation. I like the hondo kids. I just think they played a poor defensive game. Okay coach!!! :thumbsup: ;)

rundoe
12-19-2006, 02:43 PM

I'ms sure thats how they got to 14 and 1. soft coaching and too many mistakes. Give me a break. PLEASE, They beat some great teams by wide margins before they ever got to us. Including last years Division 1 3A State Champions.

rundoe
12-19-2006, 02:47 PM
nut.

First thing he's said today that he got right.

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 02:48 PM
I'ms sure thats how they got to 14 and 1. soft coaching and too many mistakes. Give me a break. PLEASE, They beat some great teams by wide margins before they ever got to us. Including last years Division 1 3A State Champions.
I just think they looked flat. It looked like they really Got up for
Wimberely and just could not get up again. They made several
mistakes on the footage I saw that was simple stuff. When your QB runs one fake and a boot leg and they miss that was not a great complicated play. That was a whiff by the D. And they did it
several times. It looked like they were so worried that their buddies in the middle would not make the play that they forgot to make a play on their own. I really do not know how to explain it.
Then it gets called back and they whiff on a pretty simple off tackle play. The blocking was just a block down and trap with the lead back and no one was there. Simple stuff.

rundoe
12-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Don't worry. I think you will get the picture eventually.

I got the picture is it not big enough for you to see?

TexanAlum_06
12-19-2006, 03:18 PM

GO PANTHERS!

Okay I agree with some of the things said here. LH does a great job with what they have. Wimberley is in the same boat, not a whole lot of size.... some speed..... etc etc.... Lot of heart and determination! The comment about discipline is incorrect... the teams that slow the offense down do have really disciplined defenses. our defense of 05 was really disciplined and everybody did their homework and watched film and we happened to hold the mighty 4 headed monster to 186 yards..... on the night.... around 320 yards below yalls offensive average (If im not mistaken). with probably 40 or 50 of those yards via the pass. Now this year is a different story... we didnt have half the defense we had last year and yall did drive up and down the field on us all night long. No denying that. I believe we only stopped yall about 4 maybe 5 times. might have been less.

But nonetheless the point im getting at is Celinas defense is disciplined, it is the best defense yall will have seen all year and all last year besides ours!:D so you must respect that....

Do I think LH will have some success? Yes I do. LH will get some yards and put some points on the board. no doubt about that. But I dont see them rushing all over this defense like they have over everyone else this year... with all said I think this will be a relatively low-scoring game, unless either one of these teams isnt as good as they are made out to be. but we shall find out in 94 hours in waco! and I cant believe it is only 2:15 on tuesday afternoon.

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Texanalum-06 - you've seen Celina play this year???

I haven't and I personally can't wait to see them. I want to see this defense everyone keeps talking about.

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Okay I agree with some of the things said here. LH does a great job with what they have. Wimberley is in the same boat, not a whole lot of size.... some speed..... etc etc.... Lot of heart and determination! The comment about discipline is incorrect... the teams that slow the offense down do have really disciplined defenses. our defense of 05 was really disciplined and everybody did their homework and watched film and we happened to hold the mighty 4 headed monster to 186 yards..... on the night.... around 320 yards below yalls offensive average (If im not mistaken). with probably 40 or 50 of those yards via the pass. Now this year is a different story... we didnt have half the defense we had last year and yall did drive up and down the field on us all night long. No denying that. I believe we only stopped yall about 4 maybe 5 times. might have been less.

But nonetheless the point im getting at is Celinas defense is disciplined, it is the best defense yall will have seen all year and all last year besides ours!:D so you must respect that....

Do I think LH will have some success? Yes I do. LH will get some yards and put some points on the board. no doubt about that. But I dont see them rushing all over this defense like they have over everyone else this year... with all said I think this will be a relatively low-scoring game, unless either one of these teams isnt as good as they are made out to be. but we shall find out in 94 hours in waco! and I cant believe it is only 2:15 on tuesday afternoon.

Aint that the truth brother, it should already be gametime......
PLAY BALL......

Balcones fault
12-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Hello posters, I'm new here. Pardon the intrusion, but I have a unique perspective.

I live in Leander now (that's about 10 miles south of LH, for all you north Texans) and I used to live in....Celina.

FWIW, I haven't seen either team this year, but I have listened to some playoff games.

I think this has the potential to be the best game in the state this year and I wish I could convince my family that part of our Christmas vacation this year could be spent in Waco on Saturday.

LH and C have similarities, yall, probably obvious. Both are rural communities that are on northern outskirts of urban areas, and both will likely soon be growing exponentially. I'm sure both communities are very proud of their teams, as they should be.

So, my preferences?

Mascot: Panther vs Bobcat = even...both cats, neither particularly original (disclosure: I was an Eagle..not too original either)

Colors = advantage LH....I couldn't get rid of all that orange gear quick enough

Geographical location = LH...Hill Country vs. Blackland Prairie

Game = Celina. The defense and defensive tradition plus advantage of being there before and winning multiple times. The system just works.

This is a fun group of folks....good work. My kid's school is Vista Ridge and 4A isn't near as much fun as 2A/3A.

All the best to both teams, a great game with no injuries, and safe travel wishes for the students and fans.

--Bf

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Nice first post BF!! :clap:

Welcome to your newest addiction!! :)

Alaska cat
12-19-2006, 05:14 PM

Naa just a really soft schedule..last year is not this year remember that. We lost 17 seniors since last year and improved

lion75
12-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Quote from today's Dallas Morning News: "My word, that team was good", (Celina coach) Ford said after the Vernon game. "I can't tell you how we beat them, but we did".

lion75
12-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Congrats to Celina. Great system. 100+ players. 24 coaches. Some awesome athletes (regardless of what BFRED says). The only negative: Hideous Whataburger Orange uniforms with no C, no Celina, no Bobcats, no stripes, nada nothing zero. Very ugly. The worst I have ever seen. Again, no disrespect, but you guys need to raise hell about that.

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Congrats to Celina. Great system. 100+ players. 24 coaches. Some awesome athletes (regardless of what BFRED says). The only negative: Hideous Whataburger Orange uniforms with no C, no Celina, no Bobcats, no stripes, nada nothing zero. Very ugly. The worst I have ever seen. Again, no disrespect, but you guys need to raise hell about that.

Yeah, I did like the old helmets with the big C on them. Looked like the Bears helmets except they were white with an orange c.

Alaska cat
12-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Quote from today's Dallas Morning News: "My word, that team was good", (Celina coach) Ford said after the game. "I can't tell you how we beat them, but we did".

yeah that happens allot....and over and over and over....we just baffle our selves onhow lucky we got, plant a new crop of bobcat seeds (Sprinkle Lightly with GA Juice) and God sends us 260lb 4.6 grown ones in 4 years:) :D

As the Team Motto says "Traditon Never Graduates"