PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs Liberty Hill

CelinaCatFan
12-16-2006, 08:27 PM
I heard at our game tonight that the State Championship game between Celina and Liberty Hill will be played in Waco (Floyd Casey Field) next Saturday.

Has anyone heard the time yet?

Haunta Yo
12-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Floyd Casey or WISD?
WISD is better.

kepdawg
12-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
Floyd Casey or WISD?
WISD is better.

I've heard FC. You are crazy if you think ISD is better!

charlesrixey
12-16-2006, 08:47 PM
we just have good memories of WISD stadium from 2001

kepdawg
12-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
we just have good memories of WISD stadium from 2001

I have horrible memories from that game. I have never been treated worse in my life!

charlesrixey
12-16-2006, 08:49 PM
from the win, not from the stadium

they wouldn't even let us onto the field afterwards! what a disgrace!

there was a little sarcasm in my first statement

CelinaCatFan
12-16-2006, 08:49 PM
The game will be at Floyd Casey.

While I agree that WISD field is a very nice stadium, I'm glad the game is at Baylor (seating capacity). When we played at WISD field against Garrison, it was too crowded!

20FAN07
12-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Congrats to both, but take it to 'em

Go Liberty Hill!!!!

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2006, 11:30 PM
I know that they run the slot t on offense.
What is the front seven set on defense?

CelinaCatFan
12-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Just heard that the game will be at 4:00 pm on Saturday at Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco.

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
Just heard that the game will be at 4:00 pm on Saturday at Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco.
That is correct. Liberty Hill is the home team. GO PANTHERS!

turbostud
12-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I know that they run the slot t on offense.
What is the front seven set on defense?
Has Celina faced a Slot-T this year? Are they familiar with it?

TexanAlum_06
12-17-2006, 12:39 AM
LH runs a split defense and they are very well coached and hava pretty salty run defense and get good pressure when they blitz. Even if Celina has faced a slot-t attack, they have never seen a team that runs in to perfection like LH. If they have nevr seen it, they will have problems. All I have heard about Celina from various people is that they pound the rock, have a pretty good defense, and have some UGLY orange uniforms! lol:D can someone fill me in on this celina team?

maroonpirate04
12-17-2006, 12:41 AM
JUST WONDERING WILL THIS BE CELINA'S FIRST TITLE IN 3A IF THEY WIN IT? I KNOW THEY ARE KNOW AS A POWERHOUSE IN 2A

BobcatBenny
12-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
LH runs a split defense and they are very well coached and hava pretty salty run defense and get good pressure when they blitz. Even if Celina has faced a slot-t attack, they have never seen a team that runs in to perfection like LH. If they have nevr seen it, they will have problems. All I have heard about Celina from various people is that they pound the rock, have a pretty good defense, and have some UGLY orange uniforms! lol:D can someone fill me in on this celina team?
Billeah...BillyFred0000!

Looks like we got a taker. Have at em! :D

dogdad
12-17-2006, 12:48 AM
this is the farthest Celina has ever been in 3A

I don't want to disrespect LH, but I don't think there is a slot-T offense that can beat Celina's D. I could be proved wrong next week, but from what I know about Celina, a slot-T won't get it done. Maybe LH can play well enough on D and try to win a low-scoring game. Good luck to both teams and congrats on being the last 2 standing.

GWOOD
12-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Billeah...BillyFred0000!

Looks like we got a taker. Have at em! :D

LOL. "Can someone fill me on the Celina team." I bet BillyFred lives for the moment he is asked this question.

turbostud
12-17-2006, 01:55 AM
IMO the key to stopping a Slot T is having speed in the secondary. We run a Slot T and the teams who have had fast DB's and LB's have had success at containing our RB's. If Celina has speed in their defense they shouldnt have a problem. If I were a coach going up against a Slot T I would preach to the kids to stay at home and execute your assignment(except who's over the pulling guards). The misdirection stuff is confusing but if everyone stays at home someone will come at them with ball. Of course its easier said than done. There were always a few plays per game this year that as a spectator in the stands I had no idea who had the ball.

As well as Celina adjusts on defense they shouldnt have a problem.
Does LH have super fast RB's?

TexanAlum_06
12-17-2006, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
IMO the key to stopping a Slot T is having speed in the secondary. We run a Slot T and the teams who have had fast DB's and LB's have had success at containing our RB's. If Celina has speed in their defense they shouldnt have a problem. If I were a coach going up against a Slot T I would preach to the kids to stay at home and execute your assignment(except who's over the pulling guards). The misdirection stuff is confusing but if everyone stays at home someone will come at them with ball. Of course its easier said than done. There were always a few plays per game this year that as a spectator in the stands I had no idea who had the ball.

Yeah speed alone wont stop this offense... but you are right.... very disciplined defense that stays at home. smart LB's is the X-factor. and D-line that plays the line of scrimmage and doesnt pursuit up field to much. They dont have any super fast RB's Brent Bode # 5. is their fastest.... probably runs around a 4.5, maybe a high 4.4 but IMO their big bruiser FB doug allman is the heart and soul of this offense because he pounds on the defense and then they toss it to bode outside and he breaks a big one.... Perrin the QB. has decent speed. and the other RB Post probably runs around a 4.6 .

LH panthers
12-17-2006, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by turbostud

hondo had speed on their defense, coach said it was the fastest weve seen

TexanAlum_06
12-17-2006, 03:01 AM
OHH yeah and I forgot to add my 2 bitd about the game tonight.... LH completely dominated this game for 47.5 minutes. hondo could not even come close to stopping LH. and LH's defense played lights out and got in that QB's head and it showed.... was a good win. congrats to Hondo on a great season.:clap:

Gobbler Fan
12-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Celina may slow down LH'S witchcraft offense but they WON'T stop it LH will score at least 28 point's on Celina . A good example of the hidden ball offense they run is right here http://www2.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/video/NewsOnDemand/index.cfm?videos=42809

The cameraman did not have a clue who had the ball . Celina will need to jump on LH early and stop a few of LH's time consuming drives or it will be light's out .

You have to scroll down the page to get to the Video ....

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06

Well you heard partly correct. We throw for about a 3rd of our yardage and have several good hands recievers out of the backfield end and wideout. When Vernon stiffened a little we went spread and had a few passes work even in that wind. Then after using the pass we ran on them from the spread and it worked just fine. Pretty Good defense is an understatement. Vernon
ran the Wing T very well and they got 129 yards total offense. Most of that was onone run that Aston Broke late in the 4rth.

espn1
12-17-2006, 09:21 AM
You have never seen the Offense that your fixing to see next Saturday and I know your Coaches know the only way to beat LH is to out Score them. If I was Celinas Coaches, I'd definetly be contacting Wimberley and Cuero for game films. The beauty about playing a team that absolutely stays at home is that once your blocked and the running back gets behind you there's no one to stop the back. You have to run him down from behind. To beat LH Offense is the key! Score quick and often! Don't turn over the ball and slow down LH to 5min. drives and 4 and outem a couple of times. If you can't do that you won't win and not many teams can.

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by espn1
You have never seen the Offense that your fixing to see next Saturday and I know your Coaches know the only way to beat LH is to out Score them. If I was Celinas Coaches, I'd definetly be contacting Wimberley and Cuero for game films. The beauty about playing a team that absolutely stays at home is that once your blocked and the running back gets behind you there's no one to stop the back. You have to run him down from behind. To beat LH Offense is the key! Score quick and often! Don't turn over the ball and slow down LH to 5min. drives and 4 and outem a couple of times. If you can't do that you won't win and not many teams can.

No, You are wrong there. We believe we can stop anyone and have. You have never seen us play defense. Believe me when I tell you that we can probably hold them to 200 yards or less
unless they are very good at throwing the ball. And I mean very good as our secondary is fast and are ball hawks.
Our team speed is good but our defense is the most disciplined defense you will ever see. We use penetration to disrupt the misdirection while our ends and lb's play their assignments.
I do not have any predictions as yet because I have seen no film. But no straight running team has beaten us since 2003. And that was Gainesville state champs.

espn1
12-17-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
We use penetration to disrupt the misdirection Thats what will beat you. I know that your Coaches won't be doing that. You better watch some film before you come up with a plan.

CenTexSports
12-17-2006, 09:42 AM
I am not a LH fan by any means but I do have one strong opinion. No team in the state at any level has played a tougher schedule than LH. Cuero, Wimberly, Hutto, Hondo, Giddings, Cameron (who gave them all the could want), Rockdale (scored 21 on them), plus the ones I don't remember. There is not a team around that is more battle tested. Because of this schedule, they will not be afraid of anything Celina will throw at them. The only thing that I think LH will have to be worried about is being in awe of playing in the State Championship game.

CenTexSports
12-17-2006, 09:44 AM
One other comment, if Celina goes with the penatration defensive game plan, they better have some world class speed because they will need it to run down the LH backs who will have a 15 yard head start.

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
The only thing that I think LH will have to be worried about is being in awe of playing in the State Championship game.
There might have been a time when I would've had the same thought. Right now, I don't think it will be that way. We might not've been there before, but the team will act like they have.

Snydertigersrul
12-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
LOL. "Can someone fill me on the Celina team." I bet BillyFred lives for the moment he is asked this question.

I know that Celina dominated Vernon in Saturday's game.

bobcat74
12-17-2006, 11:00 AM
First, great season Vernon. Kids showed a lot of heart.

Celina has NEVER lost a state title game. Why do you think they will now?

Because an unstoppable 2-loss team is gonna run it down the throat of that weak Celina D? ;) (gotta give LH some props for playing an unbelievable schedule though)

The only weakness they might have on the team would be their secondary. And thats only if they faced a VERY good QB, big line, w/tall and fast recievers. Pro style offenses have better chances of beating Celina, while no one (in 3a) is better at the ground and pound than Celina (though wimberley is in that category as well). :p

It will be a great game. But, forget about stopping LH's offense. They are probably gonna put up about 21 pts or so. I think they really need to worry about whether or not LH can stop Celina from scoring. No one has yet this year.

Celina beat two state finalists earlier in the year pretty handily. They now have two very good QB's who can both run and pass very well and a mass of quick powerful runners including soph. Charley Waldrep. Excellent reciever corp. as well.

BIG STAT OF THE GAME

LH is giving up on average 21.1 PPG. That is too much. Celina gives up 7.8 ppg. :kiss:

I've been rootin for the panthers all year until now.
Celina pulls this one out 35-24.
Look for them to be behind at the half w/a another nice second half comeback.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!! GO BOBCATS!! :D
Just for the "record", Celina has another one if they win this game. :D

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Well said, Bobcat...and I agree with your assessment. You'll have your hands full with LH's offense, but I predict your offense will be more than LH's defense can handle for 4 quarters. The points-per-game stat you gave might be the most glaring of them all. Go Celina!!!

Hansum Stranger
12-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
The points-per-game stat you gave might be the most glaring of them all.

That's a weak argument. Celina played the likes of Whitesboro and such while LH played a much harder schedule. Throw the stats out of the window for this game.

WildTexan
12-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by espn1

the key to your entire uninformed statement is "not many teams "....I do give LH credit for playing quite a schedule, but they did not play the best 3A team in the state - Celina - so now they get to finish the job....LH has not played a defense of this caliber, so this week LH gets to see if the renowned offense that has worked against moderate defenses will work against the best in the state....yes I am a Celina fan, and yes I am pulling for them to win, but the facts are simple - Robinson dang near beat LE for a title, yet we beat them soundly....each week after QF our opponent in the playoffs that week was going to derail Celina, since we were upstarts, and we have defeated each one soundly - not slipped by, we beat each completely - and this week we play a misdirection offense that seveal on here say takes a disciplned defense to solve....there is a reason Celina is the best defense in the State, and this week they get to show why.....this is classic strength against strength week, so it should be a very good show - a nice way to end the season with a team going for their 1st ever title and a team out to set a record for titles....it don't get no better than this....

and btw....we play EVERY game with the intention of outscoring our opponents to win, not just this game....something about the rules of football saying the higher score at the end wins, so our coaches tend to always work that concept into the game plan....

charlesrixey
12-17-2006, 11:24 AM
This is not the same celina defense that played Gainesville in 03

This is the celina defense that is giving up 7.8 points per game.

If celina doesn't come ready to play, they will get blown out.

However, they WILL come to play, and LH's defense had better be able to pick up the slack if the offense doesn't score on every drive

charlesrixey
12-17-2006, 11:28 AM
also,

Celina can't afford to have a slow start like they have the last two weeks. If they do (with turnovers and penalties in the first q) they will be down 21 points before halftime.

But, don't let the schedule fool you--celina ended the game on first down inside the 10 the last few weeks, kneeling to end the game.

It's not like Celina can't score touchdowns when needed

Hansum Stranger
12-17-2006, 11:34 AM
This is not the same celina defense that played Gainesville in 03

That's good because LH runs the ball better than the '03 Gainesville team.

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 11:38 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 11:39 AM
*Yawn*

Hansum Stranger
12-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Typical of you

charlesrixey
12-17-2006, 11:40 AM
my thoughts exactly

Gainesville won the state title that year

LH hasn't won it yet

maybe if they put 44 on us, i'll believe it

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Charles, I think I detect Hatorade! :D

Hansum Stranger
12-17-2006, 11:42 AM
my thoughts exactly

Gainesville won the state title that year

LH hasn't won it yet

That's true. All I was saying is that you keep saying that this isn't the the same as the '03 Celina team and all I said was that LH can run the ball better than that Gainesville team. It will definately be strength vs strength.

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Hey Charles,
I wonder if we have played anyone yet? It's about time for that argument to come out again. *chuckles to himself*

clemsmarina
12-17-2006, 11:52 AM
my thoughts exactly

maybe if they put 44 on us, i'll believe it

Oh, they'll put 44 on you alright..... #44 Allman is used to pounding it to defenses!!!

bobcat74
12-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Celina never actually played a game all year. It's just rumors that they have a record of 15-0.

The UIL granted Celina an automatic trip to the state finals. :D

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
That's a weak argument. Celina played the likes of Whitesboro and such while LH played a much harder schedule. Throw the stats out of the window for this game.

You could be right HS...we shall see.

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 11:58 AM
You could be right HS...we shall see.

But the problem with the "LH played a far harder schedule, therefore throw the stats out" argument is this....they LOST 2 of those games you refer to.

charlesrixey
12-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Well Bobcat 1,

you were right

here it comes!

how many 'weak schedule' arguments have we heard from region 3 teams before state title games?

the answer?

'7'!

i wonder what other special significance the number 7 has for celina.......:thinking:

Hansum Stranger
12-17-2006, 12:03 PM
But the problem with the "LH played a far harder schedule, therefore throw the stats out" argument is this....they LOST 2 of those games you refer to.

Yes the did lose 2 games, but they are still playing when it counts. They improved enough each week to reach the title game so them 2 loses mean absolutely nothing.

wimbo_pro
12-17-2006, 12:06 PM
I agree HS, that it doesnt mean anything at this point....remember that when you try and use it as a reason why it makes them more likely to win on Saturday!

bobcat74
12-17-2006, 12:51 PM
And reach the title game they will!:D

pirate4state
12-18-2006, 08:23 PM
This thread has some good info so I bumped it & will probably merge it :thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by LH panthers
hondo had speed on their defense, coach said it was the fastest weve seen

Yes but they overpursued and left their lanes all day. Against a slot t the drill is stay at home. Ht the guy with the ball not the one with the fake. If you overpursue you are out of position and speed makes no difference. Celina will stay in their lanes and hit anybody that moves. That will be the difference that you have not seen.