PDA

View Full Version : How will Vernon do against Celina?

Cameron Crazy
12-16-2006, 11:32 AM
I have heard that Celina's D is top notch and heard that they can stop just about anybody..But today they are going up against a big threat 6'3 240 running back do you think they will shut them out?

Snydertigersrul
12-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I have heard that Celina's D is top notch and heard that they can stop just about anybody..But today they are going up against a big threat 6'3 240 running back do you think they will shut them out?

Did he grow since last week? I watched hin in person and he's around 6-1, maybe 6-2 if you stretch him and about 225 pounds.

gobbler grad
12-16-2006, 11:50 AM
that's the kinda guy you don't jump on his back and think he's going down...gotta take them legs out from under him...why take the abuse of getting steam rolled by a big back like that anyway...can't run without those legs...:thinking:

bobcat1
12-16-2006, 11:55 AM
I would bet there will be blood oozing from those shinbones by the end of the 1st quarter, but what do I know. :D

Adidas410s
12-16-2006, 12:15 PM
To put the Celina defense in perspective for those who may not have seen it....it's a very team oriented defense similar to what you see at Wylie. Once one guy makes the tackle you will almost always see 3 or 4 others guy in on the tackle. It won't be a big adjustment for Celina to start gang tackling a player because they do it all the time.

Cameron Crazy
12-16-2006, 01:35 PM
What time does the game start?

kepdawg
12-16-2006, 01:36 PM
What time does the game start?

GWOOD
12-16-2006, 01:50 PM

Someone from Celina made a good comment earlier this week about containing Whiteside. If Celina can hit Whiteside behind the line of scrimmage or at the line of scrimmage they can contain him. Whiteside will break some tackles today. But if he is 2-4 yards past the los before he is hit, he will be keeping drives going all day long.

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Someone from Celina made a good comment earlier this week about containing Whiteside. If Celina can hit Whiteside behind the line of scrimmage or at the line of scrimmage they can contain him. Whiteside will break some tackles today. But if he is 2-4 yards past the los before he is hit, he will be keeping drives going all day long.

With the full back trap it is hard to hit behind the line. But as long as we fill the hole he will get hit at the line. It comes down to line play and linebackers filling. Also does Butch blitz Dru to contain.
I saw some practice but most of it was o. Maybe Butch had an idea what he can and will do. I just don't know what it is.

GreenMonster
12-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Did he grow since last week? I watched hin in person and he's around 6-1, maybe 6-2 if you stretch him and about 225 pounds.

STR, I do not know his height but I do know that he weighed in at 238 this week. I have a little inside info that wishes to remain nameless.

Snydertigersrul
12-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
STR, I do not know his height but I do know that he weighed in at 238 this week. I have a little inside info that wishes to remain nameless.

It doesn't matter now, his high school career is over. I expect to see him somewhere on a college field.

GreenMonster
12-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
It doesn't matter now, his high school career is over. I expect to see him somewhere on a college field.

:dispntd: I know. I've been at work all day and just got in to catch up on scores and some of the threads that I found interesting. Oh well, it was a hell of a run the Lions put together. Good kid, I wish him well.