PDA

View Full Version : New AP Poll 10-14-2003

Keith7
10-14-2003, 02:21 AM
Rank, school (first) Record Points Prev.
1. Burnet (20) 6-0 200 1
2. Bellville 6-0 163 2
3. Daingerfield 6-0 155 3
4. Fairfield 6-0 127 4
5. Newton 6-0 117 5
6. Gilmer 6-0 94 7
7. Gainesville 6-0 73 8
8. Forney 5-1 63 9
9. Kennedale 6-0 47 10
10. Celina 6-0 27 –

Dropped out: Midland Greenwood.
Also receiving votes: Navasota 8, Altair Rice 6, La Feria 5, Liberty Hill 5, Decatur 4, Midland Greenwood 3, Raymondville 1.

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

CatsDen
10-14-2003, 06:37 AM
Kennedale moved up one!

crzyjournalist03
10-14-2003, 11:25 AM
Gee, a 60-0 win and we drop in the standings????

MonkeyJoe
10-14-2003, 11:52 AM
Gainesville and Celina undefeated and in the top10.
shaping up to be another great game !

cunbed10
10-14-2003, 12:12 PM
MonkeyJoe:
shaping up to be another great game !Celina by 3 Points, 10-7, and why isn't Marlin ranked, just to have Kieth 7 and Monkey Joe, say Marlin is overrated again.

BIG19
10-14-2003, 12:47 PM
cunbed10:

MonkeyJoe:
shaping up to be another great game !Celina by 3 Points, 10-7, and why isn't Marlin ranked, just to have Kieth 7 and Monkey Joe, say Marlin is overrated again.Like to stir the pot, don't ya :p

football_fanatic
10-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Forney is much better than Fairfield. I've seen much film on both, and played Fairfield. Fairfield is a real good football team, but Forney is MUCH better.

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: football_fanatic ]</small>

MonkeyJoe
10-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Hey cunbed10, Marlin IS overrated...

footballgal
10-14-2003, 06:04 PM
Two from 32-AAA, Congrats to these two (La Feria and Raymonville)RGV teams who got votes, would have been nice if PI would be up there too. But plenty of football still to play.

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

HotDawg89
10-14-2003, 06:11 PM
Wasn't Forney 4th last week? They won big- what happened???

jason
10-14-2003, 06:12 PM
MonkeyJoe:
Hey cunbed10, Marlin IS overrated...Marlin is VERY overrated

Gobbla2001
10-14-2003, 06:14 PM
They're not even rated...

HotDawg89
10-14-2003, 06:16 PM
jason:

MonkeyJoe:
Hey cunbed10, Marlin IS overrated...Marlin is VERY overratedAh Jason- go easy on 'em- you just saw them play Burnet that's all! :D wink

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

jason
10-14-2003, 06:17 PM
crzyjournalist03:
Gee, a 60-0 win and we drop in the standings????whats up with that???

crzyjournalist03
10-14-2003, 06:53 PM
maybe it was set up like the BCS...since our opponent was ranked so low, we would have had to hang a hundred on them to maintain our position...

Jimbotex40
10-14-2003, 07:33 PM
does anyone think that if we played the #2-7 teams that we would lose to even one of them?

i sure dont. that is how rankings should be, not this record crap. when making a poll, just go down the list and if a team that is better than someone else ranked higher, make the necessary change.

im not saying that forney cant beat burnet, but they would have the advantage. i doubt anyone here could actually tell me that Forney would be the underdog against teams like bellville, daingerfield, fairfield, newton, gilmer, and gainesville.

yes all six of them have a valid chance of beating us, but i doubt anyone would bet even money on it

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Jimbotex40 ]</small>

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-14-2003, 07:56 PM
Have you seen any of them play? If you see Bellville play you might change your mind. I think Bellville would give Burnet all they would want! Burnet is a great team, but so is Bellville.
Go Bellville Beat Navasota!!!

Gobbla2001
10-14-2003, 07:59 PM
Yah, Bellville and RC outta D2 might be two of the only teams that 'right now' could hang with Burnet...

reptard7isCRAZY
10-14-2003, 08:05 PM
Who has Forney played?

3afan2K3
10-14-2003, 08:07 PM
Aledo W
Mesquite Horn L
Mabank W
Commerce W
CranDULL W
PINKSton W
and this week ferris

reptard7isCRAZY
10-14-2003, 08:11 PM
ya exactly that's why your not top seven. Anyone think that the #2 team will even get any of Burnets first place votes?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-14-2003, 08:11 PM
How many of the teams have a winning record?

3afan2K3
10-14-2003, 08:14 PM

Keith7
10-14-2003, 10:22 PM
Jimbotex40:
does anyone think that if we played the #2-7 teams that we would lose to even one of them?

i sure dont. that is how rankings should be, not this record crap. when making a poll, just go down the list and if a team that is better than someone else ranked higher, make the necessary change.

im not saying that forney cant beat burnet, but they would have the advantage. i doubt anyone here could actually tell me that Forney would be the underdog against teams like bellville, daingerfield, fairfield, newton, gilmer, and gainesville.

yes all six of them have a valid chance of beating us, but i doubt anyone would bet even money on itAfter watchin the scrimmage, you actually believe that Gainesville couldnt beat Forney???

sure it was just a scrimmage, and sure yall were missing key players.. but just because it was a scrimmage, your saying that Forney just let Gainesville run all over them? and the players that Forney was missing were offensive players.. what do they have to do with the 5 touchdowns scored on Forney..

I believe Gainesville will beat forney

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2003, 10:29 PM
jason:

crzyjournalist03:
Gee, a 60-0 win and we drop in the standings????whats up with that???We've yet to be ranked, but the sad part is, at 5-0, we got 7 votes; at 6-0, we got 5. Yeah, I know - it's who you play & how bad you beat them. It was Wimberley (they're not ranked) and it was only 46-19. Not sure if 100 points would've helped us, but the good news is, last year, we were 7-0 before we got 7 votes, so I guess we're moving up. :rolleyes:

KTownBalla
10-14-2003, 10:31 PM
This year i'm suprised at the AP rankings compared to last year.

Last year we beat everman...and all we go were votes...

This year...we beat everman...and we get the 10th spot...

Maybe we are turning some heads...who knows, should be interesting when the playoffs come around

jason
10-14-2003, 10:35 PM
reptard7isCRAZY:
ya exactly that's why your not top seven. Anyone think that the #2 team will even get any of Burnets first place votes?what do you mean, thats whey forney isnt top 7? Aledo is a 4A powerhouse, Horn is a tough 4A school, Mabank is, ok, they suck, and Commerce is usually tough...they play a tough pre-district, but they cant help they're in a weak district. You're not gonna see OU move down to #5 when they beat Baylor 60-0...its the same thing, if you win you shouldnt go down.

Keith7
10-15-2003, 02:24 AM
jason:

reptard7isCRAZY:
ya exactly that's why your not top seven. Anyone think that the #2 team will even get any of Burnets first place votes?what do you mean, thats whey forney isnt top 7? Aledo is a 4A powerhouse, Horn is a tough 4A school, Mabank is, ok, they suck, and Commerce is usually tough...they play a tough pre-district, but they cant help they're in a weak district. You're not gonna see OU move down to #5 when they beat Baylor 60-0...its the same thing, if you win you shouldnt go down.waa waa waa

espn1
10-15-2003, 04:03 AM
What can I say! Polsters just love the Hill Country.

Jimbotex40
10-15-2003, 06:54 AM
haha, keith you just pissed me off as well as some of our players. yall better hope you lose before you meet us in the playoffs or we will beat the everliving, everloving, Fightin' Forney Jackrabbit hell outta yall.

this is the way we ball
10-15-2003, 07:39 AM
Jimbotex40:
haha, keith you just pissed me off as well as some of our players. yall better hope you lose before you meet us in the playoffs or we will beat the everliving, everloving, Fightin' Forney Jackrabbit hell outta yall.You better play them before Everman or it's Bye Bye Forney.

jason
10-15-2003, 07:59 AM
this is the way we ball:

Jimbotex40:
haha, keith you just pissed me off as well as some of our players. yall better hope you lose before you meet us in the playoffs or we will beat the everliving, everloving, Fightin' Forney Jackrabbit hell outta yall.You better play them before Everman or it's Bye Bye Forney.nope, not this year...you can even ask matthew328 bout that one...

rodeo6
10-15-2003, 09:17 AM
rice c played bellville fairly even and they cant get in the top ten???????????????????????????????????

crzyjournalist03
10-15-2003, 11:37 AM
this is the way we ball:

Jimbotex40:
haha, keith you just pissed me off as well as some of our players. yall better hope you lose before you meet us in the playoffs or we will beat the everliving, everloving, Fightin' Forney Jackrabbit hell outta yall.You better play them before Everman or it's Bye Bye Forney.We would play them before Everman in the playoffs, and this year, Forney could easily take out Everman.

And Keith, no, we didn't care about the scrimmage at all, and if we had wanted to win, the score would have been much closer. I wouldn't go as far to say we'd win considering Gainesville is the best team in the country in scrimmages, but once again, if you put any bearing on what happened in that scrimmage and compare it to what would happen in the game, you're crazy.

Keith7
10-15-2003, 12:45 PM
crzyjournalist03:

this is the way we ball:

Jimbotex40:
haha, keith you just pissed me off as well as some of our players. yall better hope you lose before you meet us in the playoffs or we will beat the everliving, everloving, Fightin' Forney Jackrabbit hell outta yall.You better play them before Everman or it's Bye Bye Forney.We would play them before Everman in the playoffs, and this year, Forney could easily take out Everman.

And Keith, no, we didn't care about the scrimmage at all, and if we had wanted to win, the score would have been much closer. I wouldn't go as far to say we'd win considering Gainesville is the best team in the country in scrimmages, but once again, if you put any bearing on what happened in that scrimmage and compare it to what would happen in the game, you're crazy.So Forney plays scrimmages to lose?

Keith7
10-15-2003, 12:45 PM
Jimbotex40:
haha, keith you just pissed me off as well as some of our players. yall better hope you lose before you meet us in the playoffs or we will beat the everliving, everloving, Fightin' Forney Jackrabbit hell outta yall.I dont play football, so why do the football players at forney care so much??
i guess the losing is gettin to them

jason
10-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Keith7:

Jimbotex40:
haha, keith you just pissed me off as well as some of our players. yall better hope you lose before you meet us in the playoffs or we will beat the everliving, everloving, Fightin' Forney Jackrabbit hell outta yall.I dont play football, so why do the football players at forney care so much??
i guess the losing is gettin to themlosing?? theyve only lost one game, and it was to a good 4A school...they might not get scored on again until the second round of the playoffs....that is HARDLY considered losing...

Jimbotex40
10-15-2003, 01:40 PM
no, we play scrimmages to practice.

you dont win or lose a scrimmage anyway, you either improve or stay the same, and i guarantee you that weve improved.

the players arent mad at you, personally. theyll be mad that yall are ranked higher, and that youre talkin trash about it.

crzyjournalist03
10-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Forney plays scrimmages to scrimmage...if they cared about wins or losses, they'd call it a game.

cc700
10-15-2003, 03:50 PM
MARLIN IS OVER RATED.IM NOT FROM GAINESVILLE BUT I THANK THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE RIGHT NOW.YES BETTER THAN BURNET.THERE FIRST TEST WILL BE CELINA.

jason
10-15-2003, 04:13 PM
cc700:
MARLIN IS OVER RATED.IM NOT FROM GAINESVILLE BUT I THANK THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE RIGHT NOW.YES BETTER THAN BURNET.THERE FIRST TEST WILL BE CELINA.lol...newbies should have to be ROM for at least 1 month before they can actually post

crunkandfocused
10-15-2003, 04:39 PM
jason:

cc700:
MARLIN IS OVER RATED.IM NOT FROM GAINESVILLE BUT I THANK THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE RIGHT NOW.YES BETTER THAN BURNET.THERE FIRST TEST WILL BE CELINA.lol...newbies should have to be ROM for at least 1 month before they can actually postI don't understand. So this person should be ROM for a month because he/she gave his/her opinion?

dontknowitall
10-15-2003, 04:47 PM
forney fans,
forney was not ranked fourth in the a.p. last week. they were ranked ninth. they moved up one when midland greenwood lost and moved out.
it is also unbecoming of you to talk smack on here. let's just win the distict. then let's beat 'the point' in the first round. then we will see if our super-crappy district hurt us beyond repair. (i say 'us' because i have a mouse in my pocket.)

crzyjournalist03
10-15-2003, 04:59 PM
dontknowitall:
forney fans,
forney was not ranked fourth in the a.p. last week. they were ranked ninth. they moved up one when midland greenwood lost and moved out.
it is also unbecoming of you to talk smack on here. let's just win the distict. then let's beat 'the point' in the first round. then we will see if our super-crappy district hurt us beyond repair. (i say 'us' because i have a mouse in my pocket.)ok...if they moved up, that was our mistake. There's so many polls posted here, it's hard to remember where we were in each one. I don't think any of us are "talking smack". I think we're just defending our team more than anything. and about that mouse...does it bite??? eek!

BurnetBandRules
10-15-2003, 05:04 PM
crzyjournalist: In response to your saying that Forney didn't care about the scrimmage. Maybe this is where you are going to come short of the glory. It sounds like you are making an excuse for loosing. "if we DID care we would have won" sounds like a major excuse. This is where Burnet is strong. They take no game for granted. They perform in practice, and make sure not to practice during practice. They enter a game with confidence and not cockyness. They play with heart. They have earned their number one spot and have worked and are working to keep it that way all the way untill we hit 15-0. Whether it be a scrimmage, pre-season game, district game or play-off game, a team should have their heads is. Somone said that a scrimmage isn't played to win, it is played to improve, or stay the same. Exactly. But, in Forneys case, they opted to stay the same and make excuses to their loss. Pathetic! Get your head in the game!!!!!

Keith7
10-15-2003, 05:08 PM
I don't know.. maybe i'm crazy, but i thought u were sopposed to play a scimmage to the best of your abillity, not just show up because the coach put it on the schedule

crzyjournalist03
10-15-2003, 05:10 PM
BurnetBandRules:
crzyjournalist: In response to your saying that Forney didn't care about the scrimmage. Maybe this is where you are going to come short of the glory. It sounds like you are making an excuse for loosing. "if we DID care we would have won" sounds like a major excuse. This is where Burnet is strong. They take no game for granted. They perform in practice, and make sure not to practice during practice. They enter a game with confidence and not cockyness. They play with heart. They have earned their number one spot and have worked and are working to keep it that way all the way untill we hit 15-0. Whether it be a scrimmage, pre-season game, district game or play-off game, a team should have their heads is. Somone said that a scrimmage isn't played to win, it is played to improve, or stay the same. Exactly. But, in Forneys case, they opted to stay the same and make excuses to their loss. Pathetic! Get your head in the game!!!!!say what? I didn't say we would have won if we had cared about the game...what I said was if we had been concerned about winning, we would have played differently than we did. We may not have won, but all I'm saying is that anybody who puts emphasis on a scrimmage score in regards to regular season play is misguided. And you probably shouldn't be talking about whether or not Forney has improved, because you obviously haven't seen them. Forney is getting better each week, and we're far from pathetic.

crzyjournalist03
10-15-2003, 05:12 PM
nm.

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: crzyjournalist03 ]</small>

BurnetBandRules
10-15-2003, 05:18 PM
(Quote by crzyjournalist) "no, we didn't care about the scrimmage at all, and if we had wanted to win, the score would have been much closer.

Sorry but this say differen't. I am sorry, but this just sounds like what ya'll sounded like last year. Lets not make excuses. And why not put at least MORE effort than Forney did to try and improve? Football should be taken seriously from the first scrimmage to the state play-off game and all I was doing was pointing out that Forney (or maybe just its posters) obviously doesn't. Our guys do and what are they ranked? I never metioned that Forney wasn't okay NOW, I was stated about THEN! Maybe that is why they sit at the number 8 spot?

crzyjournalist03
10-15-2003, 05:23 PM
I see that you're still not understanding what I'm saying. So let's try this one more time:

IF scrimmages were improtant as far as the win/loss column, the score would have been different, simply because Forney would have played their first team only, and they would have brought the full playbook out in an attempt to win. Instead, they concentrated on doing the little things and keep things simple to get better as a team. Bench players got a chance to get some experience against a different team, and stuff like that. The game was more about fine-tuning than trying to dominate.

Keith7
10-15-2003, 09:07 PM
crzyjournalist03:
I see that you're still not understanding what I'm saying. So let's try this one more time:

IF scrimmages were improtant as far as the win/loss column, the score would have been different, simply because Forney would have played their first team only, and they would have brought the full playbook out in an attempt to win. Instead, they concentrated on doing the little things and keep things simple to get better as a team. Bench players got a chance to get some experience against a different team, and stuff like that. The game was more about fine-tuning than trying to dominate.But Putting in Forney's first team didnt stop the bleeding either, seeing as our 2nd team was the only team that couldnt score a touch down..

so why wouldnt this be different in a game?

cc700
10-15-2003, 09:20 PM
right now i think gainesville is the best team in the state.yes better than burnet.

cc700
10-15-2003, 09:22 PM
right now i think gainesville is the best team in the state.yes better than burnet.

cc700
10-15-2003, 09:23 PM

dontknowitall
10-15-2003, 09:38 PM
give it up cj03, if you said black someone would say white. wait until the third round. gainesville is actually playing like they are not going to choke this year, so we best be ready (if we can get by 'the point' and carthage)
i say 'we' because i have a (toothless) mouse in my pocket.

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: dontknowitall ]</small>

dontknowitall
10-15-2003, 09:40 PM
<small>[ October 15, 2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: dontknowitall ]</small>

PAINTBALL
10-15-2003, 09:40 PM
BurnetBandRules:
crzyjournalist: In response to your saying that Forney didn't care about the scrimmage. Maybe this is where you are going to come short of the glory. It sounds like you are making an excuse for loosing. "if we DID care we would have won" sounds like a major excuse. This is where Burnet is strong. They take no game for granted. They perform in practice, and make sure not to practice during practice. They enter a game with confidence and not cockyness. They play with heart. They have earned their number one spot and have worked and are working to keep it that way all the way untill we hit 15-0. Whether it be a scrimmage, pre-season game, district game or play-off game, a team should have their heads is. Somone said that a scrimmage isn't played to win, it is played to improve, or stay the same. Exactly. But, in Forneys case, they opted to stay the same and make excuses to their loss. Pathetic! Get your head in the game!!!!!Everyone should realize that a scrimmage is a whole lot different then a game. The coaches don't study film on the other team, or devise a game plan. Most coaches only want to run basic plays and not show anything before the season begins. Coaches may even want to try different players at different positions to see how they might do at that position. I agree that who wins a scrimmage doesn't mean a thing, especially when the loser has a real good coach as its coach. After watching film and preparing his game play based on the weakness of the other team and opening his playbook to take advantages of these weaknesses the coach will show a different game then shown in a scrimmage.

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

Keith7
10-15-2003, 09:46 PM
PAINTBALL:

BurnetBandRules:
crzyjournalist: In response to your saying that Forney didn't care about the scrimmage. Maybe this is where you are going to come short of the glory. It sounds like you are making an excuse for loosing. "if we DID care we would have won" sounds like a major excuse. This is where Burnet is strong. They take no game for granted. They perform in practice, and make sure not to practice during practice. They enter a game with confidence and not cockyness. They play with heart. They have earned their number one spot and have worked and are working to keep it that way all the way untill we hit 15-0. Whether it be a scrimmage, pre-season game, district game or play-off game, a team should have their heads is. Somone said that a scrimmage isn't played to win, it is played to improve, or stay the same. Exactly. But, in Forneys case, they opted to stay the same and make excuses to their loss. Pathetic! Get your head in the game!!!!!Everyone should realize that a scrimmage is a whole lot different then a game. The coaches don't study film on the other team, or devise a game plan. Most coaches only want to run basic plays and not show anything before the season begins. Coaches may even want to try different players at different positions to see how they might do at that position. I agree that who wins a scrimmage doesn't mean a thing, especially when the loser has a real good coach as its coach. After watching film and preparing his game play based on the weakness of the other team and opening his playbook to take advantages of these weaknesses the coach will show a different game then shown in a scrimmage.Yes coaches do study film.. i just got out of high school, and i remember watchin film for scrimmages every year...

etcoach
10-15-2003, 09:50 PM
Jimbotex-
I'll take your money. Even-up on Forney-Daingefield. It won't happen, but just ask Kevin if he'd stake his job on a game with the Tigers. You are full of it if you think that teams ranked 2-7 couldn't hang with Forney.

PAINTBALL
10-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Keith7:

PAINTBALL:

BurnetBandRules:
crzyjournalist: In response to your saying that Forney didn't care about the scrimmage. Maybe this is where you are going to come short of the glory. It sounds like you are making an excuse for loosing. "if we DID care we would have won" sounds like a major excuse. This is where Burnet is strong. They take no game for granted. They perform in practice, and make sure not to practice during practice. They enter a game with confidence and not cockyness. They play with heart. They have earned their number one spot and have worked and are working to keep it that way all the way untill we hit 15-0. Whether it be a scrimmage, pre-season game, district game or play-off game, a team should have their heads is. Somone said that a scrimmage isn't played to win, it is played to improve, or stay the same. Exactly. But, in Forneys case, they opted to stay the same and make excuses to their loss. Pathetic! Get your head in the game!!!!!Everyone should realize that a scrimmage is a whole lot different then a game. The coaches don't study film on the other team, or devise a game plan. Most coaches only want to run basic plays and not show anything before the season begins. Coaches may even want to try different players at different positions to see how they might do at that position. I agree that who wins a scrimmage doesn't mean a thing, especially when the loser has a real good coach as its coach. After watching film and preparing his game play based on the weakness of the other team and opening his playbook to take advantages of these weaknesses the coach will show a different game then shown in a scrimmage.Yes coaches do study film.. i just got out of high school, and i remember watchin film for scrimmages every year...You're nuts. Coaches don't exchange films for scrimmages.

dontknowitall
10-15-2003, 09:54 PM
agreed. daingerfield's baseball team was/is bigger than our football team. they were huge last year. if those boys came back, they can hang with anybody, in size alone.

3afan2K3
10-15-2003, 09:56 PM
PAINTBALL:

Keith7:

PAINTBALL:

BurnetBandRules:
crzyjournalist: In response to your saying that Forney didn't care about the scrimmage. Maybe this is where you are going to come short of the glory. It sounds like you are making an excuse for loosing. "if we DID care we would have won" sounds like a major excuse. This is where Burnet is strong. They take no game for granted. They perform in practice, and make sure not to practice during practice. They enter a game with confidence and not cockyness. They play with heart. They have earned their number one spot and have worked and are working to keep it that way all the way untill we hit 15-0. Whether it be a scrimmage, pre-season game, district game or play-off game, a team should have their heads is. Somone said that a scrimmage isn't played to win, it is played to improve, or stay the same. Exactly. But, in Forneys case, they opted to stay the same and make excuses to their loss. Pathetic! Get your head in the game!!!!!Everyone should realize that a scrimmage is a whole lot different then a game. The coaches don't study film on the other team, or devise a game plan. Most coaches only want to run basic plays and not show anything before the season begins. Coaches may even want to try different players at different positions to see how they might do at that position. I agree that who wins a scrimmage doesn't mean a thing, especially when the loser has a real good coach as its coach. After watching film and preparing his game play based on the weakness of the other team and opening his playbook to take advantages of these weaknesses the coach will show a different game then shown in a scrimmage.Yes coaches do study film.. i just got out of high school, and i remember watchin film for scrimmages every year...You're nuts. Coaches don't exchange films for scrimmages.I agree

Keith7
10-15-2003, 10:02 PM
its Game film from the year before

3afan2K3
10-15-2003, 10:03 PM
Keith7:
its Game film from the year beforeWhy would you want to study game film from the year before? That would be stupid, but if that is the key to gainsville scrimmage winning I guess thats fine win while they can.

<small>[ October 16, 2003, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

crzyjournalist03
10-15-2003, 10:04 PM
so we've finally figured out Gainesville's key to scrimmage success...game film

Keith7
10-16-2003, 02:30 AM
crzyjournalist03:
so we've finally figured out Gainesville's key to scrimmage success...game filmOk so instead of telling facts about why you believe Forney could beat Gainesville, yall make jokes to take the attention off the topic..
its cool

3afan2K3
10-16-2003, 07:20 AM
Forney didnt even have their key players playing in that scrimmage. Gainsville was probably playing like it was the state championship since they studied game film from last years team

<small>[ October 16, 2003, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Keith7
10-16-2003, 11:59 AM
3afan2K3:
Forney didnt even have their key players playing in that scrimmage. Gainsville was probably playing like it was the state championship since they studied game film from last years teamooooo more excuses

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2003, 01:14 PM
Ok, you want reasons that Forney could actually hang with Gainesville come playoff time?

Our shotgun offense has made this team more volatile in the passing game to go along with a historically great running game.

Our QB has a DI scholarship to play for Colorado State Univerisity.

Our defense is allowing 7.4 points per game not including the turnover-plagued Horn game.

Our defense is allowing 38 yards passing per game.

Our offense hasn't been held below 40 points in more than a month. (and our first string hasn't even played in the second half of most of those games).

When the games count, our team shows up and gets the job done.

PAINTBALL
10-16-2003, 06:04 PM
crzyjournalist03:
Ok, you want reasons that Forney could actually hang with Gainesville come playoff time?

Our shotgun offense has made this team more volatile in the passing game to go along with a historically great running game.

Our QB has a DI scholarship to play for Colorado State Univerisity.

Our defense is allowing 7.4 points per game not including the turnover-plagued Horn game.

Our defense is allowing 38 yards passing per game.

Our offense hasn't been held below 40 points in more than a month. (and our first string hasn't even played in the second half of most of those games).

When the games count, our team shows up and gets the job done.Wow: Impressive.

3afan2K3
10-16-2003, 06:06 PM
Has gainsville played any good teams this year, like forney??

jason
10-16-2003, 06:44 PM
they're gonna lost to celina this week

3afan2K3
10-16-2003, 06:49 PM
jason:
they're gonna lose to celina this weekI agree, they havent been challenged like forney has this season they wont be expecting it

BrainDamage
10-16-2003, 08:37 PM
YES!!! We moved up one!

GO SMURF SQUAD!!!

MonkeyJoe
10-16-2003, 08:43 PM
neither team , Celina or Gainesville, has been chalenged this season.

Keith7
10-16-2003, 09:15 PM
jason:
they're gonna lost to celina this weekwe play van alstyne this week

Backwoods
10-16-2003, 09:18 PM
You gotta love it. Bound to be a bad wine crop this year. Too many sour grapes.
:D :D :D :D

jason
Keith7:

jason:
they're gonna lost to celina this weekwe play van alstyne this weekoh, my bad...ya'll will lose to celina whenever it is yall play them...

3afan2K3
Keith7:

jason:
they're gonna lost to celina this weekwe play van alstyne this weeklucky for yall

cm4444
10-16-2003, 09:32 PM
I think most Burnet fans would love a shot at Bellville

Rabdad
10-16-2003, 11:13 PM
hey band boy....\
Burnet is ranked #1 because they have one or two good players (been there done that). You act like these polsters know your team personally. They have no idea what kind of attitude your players have.
P.S. being ranked #1 doesn't get you the ring.

Bandera YaYa
10-16-2003, 11:18 PM
Rabdad:
hey band boy....\

P.S. being ranked #1 doesn't get you the ring.....yeah, you don't even have to be ranked at all!! :D :p

PAINTBALL
10-17-2003, 12:21 PM
Rabdad:
hey band boy....\
Burnet is ranked #1 because they have one or two good players (been there done that). You act like these polsters know your team personally. They have no idea what kind of attitude your players have.
P.S. being ranked #1 doesn't get you the ring.There are a lot more players on Burnet's team then McGee and Shipley. I agree that McGee is the backbone of this team and knew that would be the case when he was in the 8th grade. I saw the kids play in the 8th and 9th grades before Shipley moved here. Then I thought the awesome combination was going to be McGee to Warner, with Levens at running back. Shipley added a receiver better then Warner, but his moving here did'nt reduce Warner's or Leven's ability one bit. Then there are those kids who never showed an interest in offense and just wanted to hit somebody. These kids were good enough to claim a starting position on defense their Sophmore year and are now Seniors. 6 returning 1st string all District players and 1 returning all State,on defense, not counting Shipley. Burnet is a lot more then 1 or 2 players.