PDA

View Full Version : 3A Pre-Season Number 1 ?

MonkeyJoe
02-04-2004, 06:09 PM
Any thoughts...?

I think that Jasper, W.O.S. and Gainesville are up there.

98Eagle
02-04-2004, 07:45 PM
I agree with your predictions, 100%. Personally I'll be pulling for Jasper.

lotus67
02-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Sinton should be up therein the top 5

lobo12
02-04-2004, 08:16 PM
who is WOS

3afan2K3
02-04-2004, 08:22 PM
West Orange Stark

JasperDog94
02-04-2004, 10:10 PM
98Eagle:
I agree with your predictions, 100%. Personally I'll be pulling for Jasper.And I for Newton my friend.

BTW - Where's DogCatcher? I miss him.

Old Tiger
02-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Either Jasper, Gainesville, or WOS, or maybe Marlin?

j_dog
02-05-2004, 01:16 AM
lobo12:
who is WOSA good question. They are one of the most consistently good programs in the state over the past 25 years or so. Regardless of classification. Since 1986 they have made 4 trips to the state finals in 4a, the last in 2000. They won state in 1986 and 1987.

Nikeguy
02-05-2004, 09:49 AM
I would like to add Wylie to the list of distinguished teams that have been mentioned thus far.

duckbutter
02-05-2004, 09:58 AM
My preseason top 5
1. WOS
2. Jasper
3. Atlanta
4. Gainsville
5. Sinton???

JasperDog94
02-05-2004, 10:02 AM
1. Gainsville (until proven otherwise)
2. Jasper
3. West Orange Stark
4. Sinton
5. Marlin

Wildcat81
02-05-2004, 10:55 AM
I would like to see Jasper & WOS play.

JasperDog94
02-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Wildcat81:
I would like to see Jasper & WOS play.I think they will in week 0.

spiveyrat
02-05-2004, 12:24 PM
JasperDog94:

Wildcat81:
I would like to see Jasper & WOS play.I think they will in week 0....supposedly in the AstroDome in a triple-header.

underware
02-05-2004, 03:38 PM
There will be a surprise team from Reg. IV. I can see it from here.

GETBACKCOACH
02-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Duckbutter,
Atlanta was given the opportunity to play Gainesville week 0 or 5 and DECLINED. I know the reason do you?

JasperDog94
02-05-2004, 03:45 PM
GETBACKCOACH:
Duckbutter,
Atlanta was given the opportunity to play Gainesville week 0 or 5 and DECLINED. I know the reason do you?If you know the answer, then please share with the rest of us.

Bandera YaYa
02-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah, spill it!!

Old Cardinal
02-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Until I have a chance to get in some more reconisance, I would say:
#1 West Orange-Stark
#2 Jasper
#3 Sinton
#4 A. Wylie
#5 Atlanta
#6 Gainesville
#7 Navasota
#8 Snyder
#9 Marlin
#10 tie- Bellville
tie- Kirbyville
tie- Wharton

<small>[ February 05, 2004, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Keith7
02-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Old Cardinal:
#1 West Orange-Stark
#2 Jasper
#3 Sinton
#4 A. Wylie
#5 Atlanta
#6 Gainesville
#7 Navasota
#8 Snyder
#9 Marlin
#10 tie- Bellville
tie- Kirbyville
tie- Whartonlooks like to me that someone is in love with south east texas..
This is just like a couple of years ago when teams moved down to 4A and people all thought they were gonna dominate.. WOS was an average team in 4A.. they are not gonna be the best team in 3A i gurentee it..
and I am the master of Predictions on the 3A Down Low.. I did predict both state champions this year

bc 76
02-05-2004, 11:18 PM
WildCat81 WOS plays 1 Jasper 2 Nederland 3 Bay City 4 Central 5 Newton.

j_dog
02-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Absolutely, the number one team in 3a will be...........

anyone but Jasper! We don't need the target on our backs! :cool:

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-06-2004, 12:48 AM
Hello!!!!!!!!! Are you forgetting about the little Vernon who is returning more than half their team that won West Texas and played Atlanta closer than anyone else in the playoffs?

You will know something about this Vernon team after they play Abilene Wylie in week 3. I'll check back in on you then to see if you will give them a little respect. In the mean time I have posted this picture of their acomplishments of this past year--count 7 down and those are all from this past year.

http://www.cameron.edu/~harrison/trophies.jpg

Old Cardinal:
#1 West Orange-Stark
#2 Jasper
#3 Sinton
#4 A. Wylie
#5 Atlanta
#6 Gainesville
#7 Navasota
#8 Snyder
#9 Marlin
#10 tie- Bellville
tie- Kirbyville
tie- Wharton

pakrat
02-06-2004, 02:34 AM
Gainesville should be unchallenged for the preseason Number 1. After that, I'm no expert.
Jasper and WOS play in week 0 according to what someone posted on this board. Maybe that game will give some indication of where they fit in. Jasper is injury prone. With the preseason schedule they have, I expect them to be walking wounded early in the season.

District303aPastPlayer
02-06-2004, 04:04 AM
I would have to say that losing only 4-6 seniors on your entire team will provide you with great experience especailly when those returning made a run for the regional title... so with that i predict sintons preseason ranking to start at 3-5.

JasperDog94
02-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Z motion 10 out on 2:
Hello!!!!!!!!! Are you forgetting about the little Vernon who is returning more than half their team that won West Texas and played Atlanta closer than anyone else in the playoffs?Then using the logic of some of our Forney friends, that would make you the 2nd best team in DII last year. wink :p :p

Cat22
02-06-2004, 11:24 AM
Keith7:

Old Cardinal:
#1 West Orange-Stark
#2 Jasper
#3 Sinton
#4 A. Wylie
#5 Atlanta
#6 Gainesville
#7 Navasota
#8 Snyder
#9 Marlin
#10 tie- Bellville
tie- Kirbyville
This is just like a couple of years ago when teams moved down to 4A and people all thought they were gonna dominate.. WOS was an average team in 4A.. they are not gonna be the best team in 3A i gurentee it..
and I am the master of Predictions on the 3A Down Low.. I did predict both state champions this yearI've kept up with WOS football over the years, my wife graduated from there and I have family that coach football there, and I can tell you that they were a better than average 4A team. I would not take them lightly. That first game between WOS and Jasper will tell us alot.

<small>[ February 06, 2004, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Cat22 ]</small>

Hupernikomen
02-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Keith7:

Old Cardinal:
#1 West Orange-Stark
#2 Jasper
#3 Sinton
#4 A. Wylie
#5 Atlanta
#6 Gainesville
#7 Navasota
#8 Snyder
#9 Marlin
#10 tie- Bellville
tie- Kirbyville
and I am the master of Predictions on the 3A Down Low.. I did predict both state champions this yearWOS is far from an average 4A team. They had a down year two years ago. Was in the state finals the year before, and was the only team besides the eventual state champions to beat Bay City last year.

JasperDog94
02-06-2004, 12:29 PM
The reason WOS had a down year three years ago was that they lost there defensive coordinator. Their defense got them to the state championship game in 2000. After they lost him, they took a big hit in 2001.

Anyone that wants to go ahead and write them off, be my guest. I just hope that you enjoy the long bus ride home after getting kicked around the football field.

<small>[ February 06, 2004, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

j_dog
02-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Cat22:

Keith7:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
[qb]Until I have a chance to get in some more reconisance, I would say:
#1 West Orange-Stark
#2 Jasper
...I've kept up with WOS football over the years, my wife graduated from there and I have family that coach football there, and I can tell you that they were a better than average 4A team. I would not take them lightly. That first game between WOS and Jasper will tell us alot.It already tells us a lot. :) Neither team is afraid to schedule tough opponents! :cool:

Keith7
02-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Hupernikomen:

Keith7:

Old Cardinal:
#1 West Orange-Stark
#2 Jasper
#3 Sinton
#4 A. Wylie
#5 Atlanta
#6 Gainesville
#7 Navasota
#8 Snyder
#9 Marlin
#10 tie- Bellville
tie- Kirbyville
and I am the master of Predictions on the 3A Down Low.. I did predict both state champions this yearWOS is far from an average 4A team. They had a down year two years ago. Was in the state finals the year before, and was the only team besides the eventual state champions to beat Bay City last year.Not an Average team??? They didnt even make it to the playoffs last year..

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Vernon played Atlanta in the semifinals if you remember. I feel that Vernon could have beat Marlin too. Kennedale, Decatur, and Sweetwater were all very good teams that Vernon beat. But that is in the past. The fact is that Vernon will bring back a slew of kids that will be in their second season under a new system, so they should execute even better this next year.

By having a semifinal run this year and the number of returners (QB, HB, WB) are all back on offense to name a few, but explain how they should not be included in the top 10???? When the AP comes out Vernon will be there.

JasperDog94:

Z motion 10 out on 2:
Hello!!!!!!!!! Are you forgetting about the little Vernon who is returning more than half their team that won West Texas and played Atlanta closer than anyone else in the playoffs?Then using the logic of some of our Forney friends, that would make you the 2nd best team in DII last year. wink :p :p

Cat22
02-06-2004, 01:56 PM
JasperDog94:
The reason WOS had a down year three years ago was that they lost there defensive coordinator. Their defense got them to the state championship game in 2000. After they lost him, they took a big hit in 2001.

Anyone that wants to go ahead and write them off, be my guest. I just hope that you enjoy the long bus ride home after getting kicked around the football field.JasperDog94 it looks like they are getting that defensive coordinator back for next year. Watch Out.

Hoss
02-06-2004, 02:04 PM
DO not underestimate Bellville. They have the best record for th past 3 years, in AAA. Check it ouy on DATA POLL. They have a ton of speed and alot of young PLAYERS!!! :D

WOS92
02-06-2004, 02:10 PM
WO-S finished 8-2 last season, with the two losses coming by a combined six points from two playoff teams. They tied for second place in the nine-team district but were eliminated by the points tiebreaker system. They have beaten Bay City three of the last four years, including one year in which BC won state and one in which they lost the title game.
In response to your statement that WO-S was an average 4A team, you might want to note that they have the #1 all-time winning percentage in 4A according to Collier-Sharp.com.

JasperDog94
02-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Cat22:

JasperDog94:

Anyone that wants to go ahead and write them off, be my guest. I just hope that you enjoy the long bus ride home after getting kicked around the football field.JasperDog94 it looks like they are getting that defensive coordinator back for next year. Watch Out.Cat22, are you sure about that? I've heard nothing about it.

WOS92
02-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Rumors are rampant, but nothing has been confirmed as of yet. (fingers crossed)

JasperDog94
02-06-2004, 03:43 PM
WOS92:
Rumors are rampant, but nothing has been confirmed as of yet. (fingers crossed)I'll cross my fingers also...that he doesn't come back...sorry.
wink

Buckeye80
02-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Keith7:

Old Cardinal:
#1 West Orange-Stark
#2 Jasper
#3 Sinton
#4 A. Wylie
#5 Atlanta
#6 Gainesville
#7 Navasota
#8 Snyder
#9 Marlin
#10 tie- Bellville
tie- Kirbyville
Exactly! Am I mistaken or has Region II consistently shown itself to be the power region of the state? Now that takes a huge blow with the loss of Gainesville, but I do believe that Region II is still the most competitive region.
Trust me when I say this! Atlanta is not running from anyone! Why should they? They could give a rat's behind about their record! Their entire non-district schedule last year was 4A. How many other 3A teams can say that?
I don't know what would've happened last year had Gainesville met Atlanta, but I'll tell y'all this. I watched that Rabbit defense completely dismantle my Buckeyes' offense, and then they demolished a similar Marlin offense in the state game. They were definitely for real last year, but I don't know who they are getting to replace #44 Curtis Burns and #32 Fred Washington, two huge losses. Regardless, if someone thinks Atlanta may be ducking Gainesville, forget it. You're dead wrong!

Gasilla
02-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Keith7:

Hupernikomen:

Keith7:

Old Cardinal:
#1 West Orange-Stark
#2 Jasper
#3 Sinton
#4 A. Wylie
#5 Atlanta
#6 Gainesville
#7 Navasota
#8 Snyder
#9 Marlin
#10 tie- Bellville
tie- Kirbyville
and I am the master of Predictions on the 3A Down Low.. I did predict both state champions this yearWOS is far from an average 4A team. They had a down year two years ago. Was in the state finals the year before, and was the only team besides the eventual state champions to beat Bay City last year.Not an Average team??? They didnt even make it to the playoffs last year..Keith7, We were 8-2 last year in arguably the toughest district in the state in 4A. We were the only team to beat Bay City or PNG (the district champion) until their final games. We return 8 players on offense including a 1400 yard passer and a 4.4 tailback who subbed for 2 years for Kerry Franks who just signed with TAMU. We have 5 returning at key positions on defense and will have a TON of speed. Of course all of this means nothing when you step on the field, but WO-S is definitely not average.

<small>[ February 07, 2004, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: Gasilla ]</small>

bc 76
02-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Gasilla i agree with you wos is not and average team,they play very agressive football on defense and always have lots of team speed.I see them as region 3 team to beat.I will also get a chance to watch the Bay City - WOS match up this year.

Keith7
02-06-2004, 08:15 PM
WOS92:
WO-S finished 8-2 last season, with the two losses coming by a combined six points from two playoff teams. They tied for second place in the nine-team district but were eliminated by the points tiebreaker system. They have beaten Bay City three of the last four years, including one year in which BC won state and one in which they lost the title game.
In response to your statement that WO-S was an average 4A team, you might want to note that they have the #1 all-time winning percentage in 4A according to Collier-Sharp.com.Congradulations.. but i hate to tell u this.. Past accomplishments dont win football games.. we are talking about this season..
Just because a team went 8-2 in 4A doesnt mean they are going to go 15-0 in 3a.. thats bull..
When they prove themselves then maybe i'll agree with yall until then though, Gainesville is number 1.. even if Old Card is campaigning for WOS

Keith7
02-06-2004, 08:19 PM
Gasilla:

Keith7:

Hupernikomen:

Keith7:

Old Cardinal:
#1 West Orange-Stark
#2 Jasper
#3 Sinton
#4 A. Wylie
#5 Atlanta
#6 Gainesville
#7 Navasota
#8 Snyder
#9 Marlin
#10 tie- Bellville
tie- Kirbyville
and I am the master of Predictions on the 3A Down Low.. I did predict both state champions this yearWOS is far from an average 4A team. They had a down year two years ago. Was in the state finals the year before, and was the only team besides the eventual state champions to beat Bay City last year.Not an Average team??? They didnt even make it to the playoffs last year..Keith7, We were 8-2 last year in arguably the toughest district in the state in 4A. We were the only team to beat Bay City or PNG (the district champion) until their final games. We return 8 players on offense including a 1400 yard passer and a 4.4 tailback who subbed for 2 years for Kerry Franks who just signed with TAMU. We have 5 returning at key positions on defense and will have a TON of speed. Of course all of this means nothing when you step on the field but, but WO-S is by far not average.I gurentee Gainesville would more then match WOS's speed.. and we arnt afraid of top rated passers either.. ask Stephen McGee or Phillip Daughtry.. and you may have HAD a tail back who went to TAMU but that means nothing now.. Gainesville HAS a tail back that runs a 4.4 and has the potential to go to almost Any college in the nation.. ok i'll give WOS some credit.. they were a good team, but only because of their weak district..

Gasilla
02-07-2004, 01:43 AM
Keith7:

WOS92:
In response to your statement that WO-S was an average 4A team, you might want to note that they have the #1 all-time winning percentage in 4A according to Collier-Sharp.com.Congradulations.. but i hate to tell u this.. Past accomplishments dont win football games.. we are talking about this season..
Gainesville is number 1.. thats bull..
When they prove themselves then maybe i'll agree with yall until then though, Gainesville is number 1.. even if Old Card is campaigning for WOSPast accomplishments dont win football games.. Gainesville is number 1..
OK, now, if your first statement is true then how are you coming to this conclusion in your second statement? I smell a contradiction...

ps: you are the only one around here saying that WO-S is going to go 15-0. I think that will be a very tall order but, we sure appreciate the vote of confidence.

JasperDog94
02-07-2004, 02:00 AM
Keith, what's got you all stirred up? Yes, Gainsville won the DI state championship. Be happy about it instead of running other teams down. WOS will be a very good team this year, as will Gainsville, Jasper, Sinton, Vernon, Atlanta, among others. Can you blame the WOS fans for being a little bit excited about competing in 3A?

WOS92
02-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Keith, your lack of knowledge about 4A football is matched only by your defensiveness :) 20-4A was easily one of the toughest districts in the state for the past several years. Also, I believe one of WO-S's 8 wins was against the team that lost the DII state game and finished 14-2.
No one from WO-S is here claiming the title will be ours automatically. But to say you'll believe that WO-S is good once they "prove themselves" just shows that you need to research some of the upper classifications. You admitted that all you really knew about WO-S was that a woman you knew graduated from there. I think earning the #1 all-time winning percentage in 4A, two state titles and four championship appearances goes a long way in "proving ourselves." Our destiny for this year is uncertain, and it will be a long season. But as far as establishing ourselves, we've done pretty well. Past accomplishments don't win games, but when you've had a strong record for 25 years, it should say something.

<small>[ February 07, 2004, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: WOS92 ]</small>

Keith7
02-07-2004, 07:38 PM
JasperDog94:
Keith, what's got you all stirred up? Yes, Gainsville won the DI state championship. Be happy about it instead of running other teams down. WOS will be a very good team this year, as will Gainsville, Jasper, Sinton, Vernon, Atlanta, among others. Can you blame the WOS fans for being a little bit excited about competing in 3A?well they need to find out that they cant just move down and its gonna be a cake walk..

VERNONLION#1
02-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Z motion 10 out on 2:
Hello!!!!!!!!! Are you forgetting about the little Vernon who is returning more than half their team that won West Texas and played Atlanta closer than anyone else in the playoffs?

You will know something about this Vernon team after they play Abilene Wylie in week 3. I'll check back in on you then to see if you will give them a little respect. In the mean time I have posted this picture of their acomplishments of this past year--count 7 down and those are all from this past year.

http://www.cameron.edu/~harrison/trophies.jpg

Old Cardinal:
#1 West Orange-Stark
#2 Jasper
#3 Sinton
#4 A. Wylie
#5 Atlanta
#6 Gainesville
#7 Navasota
#8 Snyder
#9 Marlin
#10 tie- Bellville
tie- Kirbyville
tie- WhartonHey Z that was pretty well written. I think we will have to play a few games to get some attention AGAIN.

Gobbla2001
02-08-2004, 05:03 PM
WO-S a contender for next year's title?

I think so...

Will they win it? Hold your horses...

8-2 in one of the toughest districts in 4A? I agree, great record in yes, what I believe is the toughest district in 4A (WARNING: I'm a Nederland fan)...

Last I check Jasper did pretty darn good in 2001... What was it, 4th round of the 4A playoffs?

The fact is I think WO-S can win state and I believe tradition CAN help in some ways, but am I giving them the title? You're outta your freakin' mind...

Number one on my list for 2004? The Jasper Bulldogs...

Though I do believe that football DOES exist in 3A and 4A when you step out of the Golden Triangle, I also believe they play some damn good ball over there...

Welcome to 3A and don't take us lightly, cuz we'll kick yur butt...

Bring it, Chain-Gang...

PITarpon85
02-08-2004, 06:26 PM
And once again, Port Isabel gets no respect. We were in the final four and we had a great bunch of kids ready to carry the banner of Valley 3a Football into the rest of the state. In PI we have a saying, "The Tarpons don't rebuild, we RELAOD".

PITarpon85
02-08-2004, 06:27 PM
And once again, Port Isabel gets no respect. We were in the final four and we had a great bunch of kids ready to carry the banner of Valley 3a Football into the rest of the state. In PI we have a saying, "The Tarpons don't rebuild, we RELOAD".

bc 76
02-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Kieth 7 Gainsville if they had played in district 20 4a probally goes 7- 3 maybe.District 20 4a is probally the toughest 4a district in the state Port Neches Groves,West Orange Stark,Nederland WOS does not back away from playing tough teams just ask the Bay City and LaMarque teams they can hang with anybody ,and Old Card knows being from the area i'm sure he has seem them play like i have.I know i will see seem play in the dome against Bay City and if they hang close or beat,that will be a real good test for them cause Bay City will probally start the season ranked 1 state in 4 a.

Gasilla
02-09-2004, 12:19 PM
bc 76:
Kieth 7 Gainsville if they had played in district 20 4a probally goes 7- 3 maybe.District 20 4a is probally the toughest 4a district in the state Port Neches Groves,West Orange Stark,Nederland WOS does not back away from playing tough teams just ask the Bay City and LaMarque teams they can hang with anybody ,and Old Card knows being from the area i'm sure he has seem them play like i have.I know i will see seem play in the dome against Bay City and if they hang close or beat,that will be a real good test for them cause Bay City will probally start the season ranked 1 state in 4 a.Hey bc76, what do the City Cats got coming back this year. Losing Elliott has got to hurt.

<small>[ February 09, 2004, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Gasilla ]</small>

sinfan75
02-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Can't believe no one mentioned Cuero.They should be pretty stout next year.

spirate_9
02-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Yea I agree with you 75, Cuero should be pretty strong next year, as should Sinton and Wharton. I think the Region 4 Champion of Division 1 will be out of those 3 teams.

bc 76
02-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Gasilla Bay City is loaded with talent,the qb position will be taken over by jr.Demarcus Griggs he has a good arm and has 4.5 speed.They also return rb anthony Smith who rushed for more than 1400 yds,also returning on offense wr Cordello Williams 5-9 170 4.5.On dfense is were they will be tough de's T neal 6-4 210 4.6,Thad Parson 5-9 240 4.7,Jaudus Eden 5-11 260 4.7 lb Mike Nash 5-11 210 4.6,Terrance Flagg 6-2 215 4.6 db's Chis Smith 5-10 170 4.5,Brandon Brinkly 6-0 180 4.5,de transfer George Woods 6-1 205 4.5 Cordello Williams 5-9 170 4.5 speed.They retun 4 offense starters and 9 defense stareters fron a 13-2 state finalist team.

Gobbla2001
02-09-2004, 09:11 PM
spirate_9:
Yea I agree with you 75, Cuero should be pretty strong next year, as should Sinton and Wharton. I think the Region 4 Champion of Division 1 will be out of those 3 teams.You know me, I won't mention Cuero...

I will say that Cuero may go D2... Our Enrollment's down to 698 or something I believe? And I'm sure Gonzales' enrollment hasn't dropped down from the 800's (I think that's where it was at)...

The only thing is I have no clue what Gonzo's bringing to the table next year...

Now, I'm pretty sure Yoakum will make the playoffs, and I believe ole Edna's goin' in the right direction, so if we make the playoffs with those two we'll go D1... But if Gonzo goes in? Hello D2...

bd62
02-09-2004, 09:27 PM
with west columbia in the dist. wharton may go d2.
edna did not have many seniors so they will be a force in 263a. gonzales has the numbers but lost a lot of good players. especially hill and nichols.

Gobbla2001
02-09-2004, 09:32 PM
bd62:
with west columbia in the dist. wharton may go d2.
edna did not have many seniors so they will be a force in 263a. gonzales has the numbers but lost a lot of good players. especially hill and nichols.You guys scare the crap outta me... I hope the game's in Cuero wink

bd62
02-09-2004, 09:45 PM
i think cuero will be one hell of a team next year. give reeve's an off season to put all in package in. plus kids off a good jv and an excellent freshman team. cooper will be one of the best backs in 3a. i think that it will be another close battle next year like the last 4 years. but cuero will be very good for at least the next 3 yrs. the talent is there to make deep runs .

Gobbla2001
02-09-2004, 09:49 PM
bd62:
i think cuero will be one hell of a team next year. give reeve's an off season to put all in package in. plus kids off a good jv and an excellent freshman team. cooper will be one of the best backs in 3a. i think that it will be another close battle next year like the last 4 years. but cuero will be very good for at least the next 3 yrs. the talent is there to make deep runs .Yah, I think the district championship may come down to our two teams the next couple of years... But while trying to avoid homerism, I'm just gunna let the boys play ball, who knows who will bite us in the butt... There may be another Hallettsville coming out of 26-3A, you never know...

Gasilla
02-09-2004, 10:11 PM
bc 76:
Gasilla Bay City is loaded with talent,the qb position will be taken over by jr.Demarcus Griggs he has a good arm and has 4.5 speed.They also return rb anthony Smith who rushed for more than 1400 yds,also returning on offense wr Cordello Williams 5-9 170 4.5.On dfense is were they will be tough de's T neal 6-4 210 4.6,Thad Parson 5-9 240 4.7,Jaudus Eden 5-11 260 4.7 lb Mike Nash 5-11 210 4.6,Terrance Flagg 6-2 215 4.6 db's Chis Smith 5-10 170 4.5,Brandon Brinkly 6-0 180 4.5,de transfer George Woods 6-1 205 4.5 Cordello Williams 5-9 170 4.5 speed.They retun 4 offense starters and 9 defense stareters fron a 13-2 state finalist team.Wow, I thought BC lost more than that. Should be a great game in week 3 (or 4). It will be strength against strength. Hope we don't beat each other up to bad.