PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Carter arrested

kepdawg
12-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Quincy Carter arrested

By ERIC AASEN / The Dallas Morning News

Irving Police
Quincy Carter's booking photo, taken Friday morning.

Former Cowboys quarterback Quincy Carter was being held in the Irving jail Friday afternoon after he was arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana.

Police arrived at a home in the 100 block of West Shady Grove in south Irving around 5:30 a.m. Friday, where they found Carter inside a house causing a disturbance, Irving police spokesman David Tull said.

Carter, who was booked into the jail under his full name Lavonya Quintelle Carter, was found with under two ounces of marijuana, a class B misdemeanor, Irving police said.

As of 2 p.m., Carter hadn’t posted a $500 bond, Tull said.

Carter, 29, was released from the Cowboys in August 2004 after multiple reports that he failed a drug test, thus violating the National Football League's substance abuse policy. He enrolled in a drug rehabilitation program a short time later.

After he was signed as a backup quarterback for the New York Jets in fall 2004, he left the team in February 2005 to re-enter rehab for alleged drug use and bipolar disorder.

Carter signed with the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League in April 2006, but was released a month later.

E-mail eaasen@dallasnews.com

Phil C
12-15-2006, 03:47 PM
:(

Alaska cat
12-15-2006, 07:09 PM
A perfect case of having the world by the tail,, and not enough brains to make it, and take care of business...its a crying shame.

Like so many others he will have went from mansions to being a skid row bottle baby.....really sad to squander a life

Bandera YaYa
12-15-2006, 07:12 PM
What a waste of our overcrowded world!!! I wish there were a place somewhere far far away to send these stupid stupid people!!!! He had it made....and his dreams went up in smoke....stupid stupid!!!!!Prob doesn't have the $500 bond money.....hahahaha...now that's funny!!!!

Rabbit'93
12-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Prob doesn't have the $500 bond money.....hahahaha...now that's funny!!!! is it funny...i mean you poking fun at people who might be poor.:(

JR2004
12-16-2006, 03:34 AM
Well honestly I feel kinda bad for Quincy. Even though I'm a Redskins fan, I still don't like to see a guy waste his life like Quincy has done over the last few years. I hope this might wake him up a bit.

The best thing though that came out of it was seeing Randy Galloway be the one to post bail for Quincy. (He used to call Quincy fans the L&A's or Lovers and Apologists. They were the ones making excuses for Quincy when Dallas released him.) I'm sure a lot of folks will think it wasn't a sincere gesture on his part, but I was listening to his program when he said he was posting bail for the Q. He honestly felt bad for the guy and it was a nice thing on his part to help out Quincy when the guy is about as far down as he can go.

RMAC
12-16-2006, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well honestly I feel kinda bad for Quincy. Even though I'm a Redskins fan, I still don't like to see a guy waste his life like Quincy has done over the last few years. I hope this might wake him up a bit.

The best thing though that came out of it was seeing Randy Galloway be the one to post bail for Quincy. (He used to call Quincy fans the L&A's or Lovers and Apologists. They were the ones making excuses for Quincy when Dallas released him.) I'm sure a lot of folks will think it wasn't a sincere gesture on his part, but I was listening to his program when he said he was posting bail for the Q. He honestly felt bad for the guy and it was a nice thing on his part to help out Quincy when the guy is about as far down as he can go.

Perhaps he truely felt bad for Quincy, but at the same time, from what I've heard from most Metroplex listeners, he was more than likely trying to play the nice guy role. From what I've gathered, most of his listeners think he's an idiot and don't like his show, but like I said, I could be entirely wrong and be thinking of some other guy. I do know however, that when I was working this summer and was far enough east to pick up his show, I thought he was a total moron; again though, my opinion. It is sad however, to see a guy w/ a few million dollars in contract money throw it all away to smoke some pot. It's really not worth it. . .

JR2004
12-16-2006, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Perhaps he truely felt bad for Quincy, but at the same time, from what I've heard from most Metroplex listeners, he was more than likely trying to play the nice guy role. From what I've gathered, most of his listeners think he's an idiot and don't like his show, but like I said, I could be entirely wrong and be thinking of some other guy. I do know however, that when I was working this summer and was far enough east to pick up his show, I thought he was a total moron; again though, my opinion. It is sad however, to see a guy w/ a few million dollars in contract money throw it all away to smoke some pot. It's really not worth it. . .

He doesn't try to be serious. I usually don't listen to sports talk radio because of guys like Chuck Cooperstein (Mavs play-by-play radio guy.) who take themselves WAY too seriously and think they know more than the guys who coach. Galloway freely admits he's just throwing stuff out there most of the time. (His grassy knoll theories, among others, show how unserious the guy is.) It's just about entertainment value and he's entertaining. Heck he's got a running bit going with Avery Johnson everytime he comes on each week where he calls himself Coach Galloway. He makes fun of himself every single show and I like to listen to someone who doesn't take themselves seriously.

I far prefer listening to a guy with a sense of humor talk about sports versus listening to 1310am where I can't for the life of me figure out how they can continue to advertise themselves as a sports station. I used to listen to them, but now the only guy they have left on there that talks sports is Norm Hitzges. He is worth listening to as he's been around the Metroplex covering sports for years and years. Too bad The Ticket ran off Dale Hansen to appease Jerry Jones. He and Norm had some funny discussions on the Cowboys. Oh well at least ESPN picked him up so I can still get to hear him go off about the Cowboys.

SWMustang
12-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
is it funny...i mean you poking fun at people who might be poor.:(

No - I think the fun is being poked at a one time millionaire athlete who smoked/snorted/injected it all away and can't afford 500 dollars for bail.

Bandera YaYa
12-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
is it funny...i mean you poking fun at people who might be poor.:( You missed the point, honey......he HAD lots of money at some point, being a NFL QB.....geesshhhhhh...... :rolleyes:

Phil C
12-18-2006, 09:50 AM
IT'S THE CHRISTMAS SEASON!

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

kaorder1999
12-18-2006, 11:59 AM
http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/Other/76_Quincy_Carter_09.JPG

injuredinmelee
12-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Another product of Jerry Jones making personnel decisions. Quincy doesnt have the talent to make it in the CFL and is obviously a loser in life as well.

Phil C
12-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/Other/76_Quincy_Carter_09.JPG

MAGNIFICIENT! :clap: