PDA

View Full Version : How about a compromise on this web site between UT and A&M Fans

Phil C
12-15-2006, 01:40 PM
I know that it is annoying when A&M is referred to as aggy on other web sites but that is after all a Longhorn web site. At the same time A&M web sites refer to UT as tu. But this web site is more neutral overall and any discussion should be done in a spirit of friendly banter and goodwill.
A good compromise here is for all A&M fans to refer to the University of Texas as UT instead of tu (or TU) and at the same time the UT fans will refer to A&M as A&M instead of aggie. This will promote goodwill between everyone.

How about it?

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2006, 01:48 PM
How is calling the Aggies..the uhh Aggies bad? That is their nickname

sinton66
12-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Or, we could ban all UT/A&M topics entirely. That may happen if folks don't figure out how to have civil discussions.

carter08
12-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Or, we could ban all UT/A&M topics entirely. That may happen if folks don't figure out how to have civil discussions.

Dude
If you do that then you'll have to ban all college talk
and then Pro Sports
and other stuff
and all we will be allowed to talk is 3A football
Bad Idea to ban UT/ A&M talk

Phil C
12-15-2006, 02:00 PM
66 is right. It is good to have civil discussions and disagree without being disagreeable. And the lone star conference competition is interesting. It would be a shame to lose it because of rudeness.
Remember the two schools are really friendly rivals and not enemies.

g$$
12-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
How is calling the Aggies..the uhh Aggies bad? That is their nickname

Because AGGY is not Aggies, nor is wHORNS the Longhorns name Broadcaster. Same as tu, etc. I agree with Phil, & I have never referred to Texas by anything besides correct names. I vote for civil conversations too.

TheDOCTORdre
12-15-2006, 03:17 PM
Man Law...?

g$$
12-15-2006, 03:21 PM
As in what?...

TheDOCTORdre
12-15-2006, 03:22 PM
only proper name referenceces between UT and A&M fans...

CHS_CG
12-15-2006, 03:37 PM
I agree with the civilness of the A&M and UT topics.. i dont think we should ban it bc we talk about everything on this board... different colleges, all high school football, pro sports and stupid stuff.. i dont think we can discriminate against UT/ A&M inless we are gunna ban other college and pro talk.. and if we do that this wont be a very fun place.

awizzy
12-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Man Law...?
man law dont fruit the beer

mwynn05
12-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Does someone wanna be a czar?