PDA

View Full Version : playoff history

lhpantherdad
12-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Sombody on another board posted an interesting compilation of teams playoff history: http://texashsfootball.com/board/index.php?showtopic=14458

Notice that every year (except the first year) since coach Vance has been at Liberty Hill, we've been in the playoffs!

I am truly convinced that a head coach can turn and so-so team into winners. LH has always had players that were not necessarily super stars, but he has created an attitude of winning because of "team"work! We are not a passing team. But we don't need to be when we can run for 450 yards a game. And those runners could not do it without the linemen. And we still could not win all those games without the defense holding the line and the special teams getting turnovers.

It's as, one of the players said: "We are a band of brothers."

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-15-2006, 05:05 AM
Your sig scares me.

LHMom
12-15-2006, 08:37 AM
LHPD - Our families are both very fortunate to have had young men in the LH football program under Vance's direction. Not only for the winning, but the manner in which they did it. Just like you said - no super stars, just being a TEAM.

We've been to the semi-finals once, and I hope & pray this is our LH boys' year to go to State.

BILLYFRED0000
12-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
LHPD - Our families are both very fortunate to have had young men in the LH football program under Vance's direction. Not only for the winning, but the manner in which they did it. Just like you said - no super stars, just being a TEAM.

We've been to the semi-finals once, and I hope & pray this is our LH boys' year to go to State.

I think your program has lots of class and good luck this week.
The Celina Bobcats have a lot of respect for many teams we have
met over the years. Most of the time I am amazed at the class the young men and their coaches have. Congrats on a great season and may it continue. :clap: :clap:

LHMom
12-15-2006, 08:54 AM
Nice post. LH is in the early stages of building a great program - hopefully one to rival the long-standing winning traditions of Celina.

Good luck to Celina this week. Would love to see a real CATFIGHT between the Bobcats and Panthers!