PDA

View Full Version : HAHA....Poor Drew Bledsoe....

theyoefnshow
12-14-2006, 10:46 PM
So I was doin some Christmas shopping in Austin today and I noticed something......I don't know if any of y'all know or care but a toy company called McFarlane makes toys for the NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB. They are really plastic statues as the poses are pretty much set but for the most part, they look great in their action stances. ANYWAY.....Each and every store I went to had nothing but STACKS of poor Drew Bledsoe. He came out in the 2nd to last series and while there may be one or two Randy Moss or Larry Johnson here or there.....Bledsoe's figure FLOODS the shelves. On the other hand, Reggie Bush's figure is absolutely nowhere to be found. Go figure. What's even worse is that Toys R Us has a 3 pack for the Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers and the Giants........well......in there with Roy Williams & Julius Jones is....yep.....Drew Bledsoe. Guess which set out of those four is collecting the most dust? Heh.....wonder how much he was supposed to get for each one sold.....poor fella...lol....
http://i4.ebayimg.com/06/i/08/80/c6/84_1.JPG
Imagine this times...45 or so...
Poor guy...

luvhoops34
12-14-2006, 10:49 PM
LOL

GreenMonster
12-15-2006, 12:48 AM
he should have not sucked it up so much

eagles_victory
12-15-2006, 12:50 AM
that action figure moves about as good as the real guy

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 01:18 AM
He's a decent guy...
Drew Bledsoe (http://www.drewbledsoe.com/)
pretty responsible too.:)
I don't know, but I don't take pleasure in kicking down one of the good guys. You never know he might have to help the Boys still.:cool:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-15-2006, 02:14 AM
You know, I think that it is funny how people look down on Bledsoe so much. His prime was over a long time ago, but he still did his best to help revive a one great team. He may not have been the best QB in the league, but he was a good team player and a leader. As Daniel said, he may end up having to come back in and take some snaps, and who knows what he will do. He did some great things for the Cowboys, and I for one was disappointed to see him put on the bench, and I have been a Cowboys fan my entire life. It almost reminds me of how Aikman was treated in the Big D before his retirement...Nobody ever looks back on the true worth of a player, they want to disrespect him whenever he can't play the game he loves anymore at the same high level they once did....

eagles_victory
12-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You know, I think that it is funny how people look down on Bledsoe so much. His prime was over a long time ago, but he still did his best to help revive a one great team. He may not have been the best QB in the league, but he was a good team player and a leader. As Daniel said, he may end up having to come back in and take some snaps, and who knows what he will do. He did some great things for the Cowboys, and I for one was disappointed to see him put on the bench, and I have been a Cowboys fan my entire life. It almost reminds me of how Aikman was treated in the Big D before his retirement...Nobody ever looks back on the true worth of a player, they want to disrespect him whenever he can't play the game he loves anymore at the same high level they once did.... what were they suppose to do forego the entire season just to be respectful of drew bledsoe this is a bussiness there in it to win and they made the move that gave them the best chance to win

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-15-2006, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
what were they suppose to do forego the entire season just to be respectful of drew bledsoe this is a bussiness there in it to win and they made the move that gave them the best chance to win

No, I never said that, only that I was disappointed that Drew just couldn't cut it anymore. He was a classy guy and did a lot of great things. I support the decision to put Romo in, he has done a great job, and a better job than Bledsoe is capable of doing now. I never said that they should have forfeited the season. Maybe I should have clarified beforehand.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-15-2006, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
He's a decent guy...
Drew Bledsoe (http://www.drewbledsoe.com/)
pretty responsible too.:)
I don't know, but I don't take pleasure in kicking down one of the good guys. You never know he might have to help the Boys still.:cool:

lol PWD. haha....is that what he's become.

Old Tiger
12-15-2006, 05:09 AM
Drew can always be workout barbie's boyfriend :D:D

theyoefnshow
12-15-2006, 09:03 AM
You know, I think that it is funny how people look down on Bledsoe so much. His prime was over a long time ago, but he still did his best to help revive a one great team. He may not have been the best QB in the league, but he was a good team player and a leader. As Daniel said, he may end up having to come back in and take some snaps, and who knows what he will do. He did some great things for the Cowboys, and I for one was disappointed to see him put on the bench, and I have been a Cowboys fan my entire life. It almost reminds me of how Aikman was treated in the Big D before his retirement...Nobody ever looks back on the true worth of a player, they want to disrespect him whenever he can't play the game he loves anymore at the same high level they once did....

Surely you aren't trying to put Aikman & Bledsoe in the same league?

Razorback
12-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Bledsoe hasn't been great in a long time. I am glad Dallas went with Romo. I was tired of seeing Dallas keep picking up old washed up QBs and trying to buils a team around them. They should have drafted a good QB a couple of years ago and work him into rotation until he was ready to take over. I still feel Henson didn't get enough of a chance. Anyway rant over..

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
lol PWD. haha....is that what he's become.
Look. He's done alot of good out there. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve criticism for his on-field play. I just thought I'd add that he's an outstanding person for those of you who seem to think that his "winning ball games" is the most important thing out there.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Surely you aren't trying to put Aikman & Bledsoe in the same league?

Man, brush up on your reading and comprehension skills. The only way I said Bledsoe reminded me of Aikman was the way Dallas fans treated him before he retired, and that was like crap.

pirate4state
12-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Man, brush up on your reading and comprehension skills. The only way I said Bledsoe reminded me of Aikman was the way Dallas fans treated him before he retired, and that was like crap. hee hee glad to see you posting again Gary!! :)

GO COWBOYS!!

I'm gonna miss some of Saturday's game, but hope I can make it to a bar/somewhere to watch the 2nd half. :D

theyoefnshow
12-15-2006, 02:36 PM
u always respond as if someone took a leak in ur corn flakes. it was a simple question that a "yes" or "no" would have sufficed just as well

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
u always respond as if someone took a leak in ur corn flakes. it was a simple question that a "yes" or "no" would have sufficed just as well

Well, maybe if you would have read my post and understood what I was saying, instead of trying to put words or ideas into my statements, then my response would have never happened. ;)