PDA

View Full Version : My Region I Bi-District Thoughts

Matthew328
11-09-2003, 09:01 PM
DIVISION I

Borger (6-4) vs Brownfield (3-7)
Last year this wasn't much of a game after I picked a Brownfield upset...more of the same this year..this Borger squad is much better than last year and Brownfield, even though they made a nice run to get into the postseason isnt near as strong as last year...Borger is a team to keep an eye on..Borger by 30

Snyder (6-4) vs Monahans (6-3)
Maybe the best game of the region in D1.....Snyder was stunned last year in Round 1 by the upset minded Loboes...this year the roles are reversed and MHS is favored...Monahans has really impressed me since struggling early..Snyder once again playing a tough non-district slate looks to pull the upset..this one will be a barn-burner..Monahans by 3

Graham (9-1) vs Abilene Wylie (6-4)
Can the Steers break the bi-district jinx? Wylie has played really well of late and looks to get it rolling like they usually do come playoff time..I really liked Graham last year and they laid an egg against the Dawgs...well I'm not too smart cuz I'm taking them once again..Graham by 13

Lake Dallas (5-5) vs Everman (8-2)
Well in 2 playoff meetings Everman has outscored Lake Dallas 129-7...this year will things be different? Look for a riled up LD squad as they'll be on a big high getting a home playoff game....I think the momentum will help keep it close for a little while..but Everman is just too much..Everman by 28

Division 2
Perryton (7-3) vs Lubbock Cooper (8-2)
This one is too close to call..the Rangers are playoff veterans, but the Cooper Pirates have had a tremendous season..I'm gonna take Cooper...Cooper by 4

Sweetwater (7-2) vs Kermit (6-4)
Kermit keeps it close for a little while, but the Mustangs pull away late...Sweetwater by 21

Vernon (7-2) vs Brady (6-4)
Again, I think Brady keeps it close for possibly a half...but the Lions have too much to throw at Brady...Vernon by 24

Decatur (9-1) vs Venus (6-4)
DHS should roll..but Venus is a stubborn bunch...they have a very good back in Martinez and a smart and savvy QB in Cliff White..Venus isn't a bad team...but in the end too much Chandler Dane and Andrew McKinney...Decatur by 20

Dalhart (6-4) vs Littlefield (8-2)
The Wolves shocked a lot of folks in the panhandle by making the postseason..and Littlefield surprised me by getting a district title...I like LHS....Littlefield by 16

Merkel (7-3) vs Midland Greenwood (7-2)
The Rangers have had a week to stew over what to be honest was a disappointing regular season...I have a sneaky feeling they'll be a different ball club come playoff time...Merkel is a feel good story as this is their first playoff trip in 40 years...but it'll be a short one...Greenwood by 18

Iowa Park (6-4) vs Ballinger (6-4)
Ballinger has been up and down all year....if they play like they did against Wylie..IP will take em out...I say feed Posey the ball 40 times! LOL I still like Ballinger in a close one..Ballinger by 7

Sanger (5-5) vs Kennedale (9-1)
Maybe the biggest mismatch of the bracket..Kennedale and Rex Harper and Co. roll big time..the Wildcats have too much speed for Sanger to contain..Kennedale by 37

lobo12
11-09-2003, 09:35 PM
good picks

Matthew328
11-10-2003, 08:25 AM
ttt

CatsDen
11-10-2003, 08:40 AM
Great breakdown!

SNUFFY
11-10-2003, 09:00 AM
THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT MATHEW BUT KENNEDALE STILL HASN'T SHOWN THEY CAN STOP THE SPREAD OFFENSE. I THINK KENEDALE WILL WIN BUT IT COULD BE CLOSE.

CatsDen
11-10-2003, 09:06 AM
Snuffy, you said what I am afraid to admit. The Spread offense has been a problem for Kennedale for some time (ie. Bridgeport, Glen Rose). I do know that the coaches have addressed the problem and made adjustments. Sanger may not be a blowout game, but I still believe Kennedale will win.

vet93
11-10-2003, 09:22 AM
With Kennedales offensive firepower...this game will not be close despite the worries of not defending the spread. Kennedale by 4 touchdowns.

stripes
11-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Hey Matthew. I was wondering where you saw that Monahans was favored over Snyder? every Link on this site has one to collier sharp and Jerrys picks has snyder favored. where did you get that they ar favored?