PDA

View Full Version : Hondo/LH Texas football.com prediciton

Boosty_Hondo
12-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Liberty Hill (11-2) vs. Hondo (14-0)
For many people -- particularly of the fans who were rooting against these teams last week -- the wins each team had in its respective regional final might carry an * next to it.

Liberty Hill -- Giddings fans will remind you -- played against a team missing its leader, Brock Fitzhenry, who was injured late in the first half and didn't return.

Hondo, meanwhile, started its run of 42 straight points -- Wimberley fans might say -- after Wimberley RB/LB Michael Buse, one the team's main leaders, went down with an injury. Buse returned but was ineffective after the injury.

We're not convinced that neither team wins if their opponents remained healthy. Liberty Hill was already up 21-0 before Fitzhenry left, and Hondo's roll was something magical -- 42 straight points after trailing 20-0.

Either way, no asterisk will exist after this game. Hondo will continue to ride QB Elliott Hackebeil, the premier playmaker of Region IV, while Liberty Hill's run-only offense of Doug Allman (1,500-plus yards), Sammy Post (900-plus) and Brent Bode (1,800-plus) will try to power Liberty Hill to its first-ever title berth.

Unlike Liberty Hill, a relative newcomer to playing for a trip to state, Hondo been around for awhile. It has run its all-time win total to 621. But 622 will have to wait until next year. TexasFootball.com prediction: Liberty Hill 44, Hondo 32

The sad thing is they said the same thing about hondo last week...look who is still playing

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
The sad thing is they said the same thing about hondo last week...look who is still playing
And just as sad.....they picked Giddings to win last week, too. :D

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Hondo is gonna roll.:eek:

Ranger Mom
12-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Hondo is gonna roll.:eek:

...up in a ball and cry when those Panthers run all over them!!:D

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The Hondo LB's are bigger and faster than
two of LH's offensive linemen put together.:devil:

Ranger Mom
12-14-2006, 08:05 PM

:hand:

Yeah...and there was NO WAY Greenwood was gonna be able to outrun Daingerfield in 2002 because of all that famous EAST Texas Speed.

Not only did we win.....we skunked 'em!!:D

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2006, 08:05 PM
You haven't seen our offensive linemen this year. There are some "beasts". :devil: :devil: :eek:

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You haven't seen our offensive linemen this year. There are some "beasts". :devil: :devil: :eek:
I know I know... 5'8" 220 pounds and 5'9" 215 pounds are much bigger than yall are used to.:p
Hondo's secondary has guys about that size, but they run 4.3's.:nerd: :hand:

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 08:42 PM

Yeah...and there was NO WAY Greenwood was gonna be able to outrun Daingerfield in 2002 because of all that famous EAST Texas Speed.

Not only did we win.....we skunked 'em!!:D
Hondo has Owl speed. They can catch some of the fastest critters on the Earth, period. Maybe a cheetah can match their speed but Panthers are a bit slower.:kiss:

rundoe
12-14-2006, 09:49 PM

Yea and so were all the other teams our offensive line whupped.

rundoe
12-14-2006, 09:50 PM
I know I know... 5'8" 220 pounds and 5'9" 215 pounds are much bigger than yall are used to.:p

and the Hondo secondary will make a loud thudding noise when they hit the ground. Because we won't run with them, we'll run over them.

Bandera YaYa
12-14-2006, 10:27 PM
LOL ...now this kind of smack talk I like....too good!!!! :D :D

PJ Frye
12-14-2006, 10:49 PM

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
LOL ...now this kind of smack talk I like....too good!!!! :D :D
See? That's what I'm saying...:D
I seriously wonder just if LH knows what is coming their way! This is the team that has destiny written all over it! They're hungry alright! Hungry for Panther meat(which is legal in 12 countries :D )!
A wise man once told me something... he said follow the Owl to bigger things. I thought maybe he was talking about the size of the Panther poop once those boys get a load of what's coming there way.:inlove: :clap:

Daddy D 11
12-14-2006, 10:59 PM
LH's backfield will be the hardest and last thing that Hondo will see all year and those LB's better get ready because Lankford and company will pancake the owls up and down the field all evening :D

LH by 2 TD

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
LH's backfield will be the hardest and last thing that Hondo will see all year and those LB's better get ready because Lankford and company will pancake the owls up and down the field all evening :D

LH by 2 TD
But Hondo can take flight(pass the ball) just as well as they can run. Two "touchdowns" is your prediction? I think you just might be a tad "out of touch" with who your opponent is.:thinking:
The Owls will maybe pass if they need to. Maybe not... :p

bandera7
12-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Ok, I have to put my 2 cents in...Hondo is not as fast as SintonFan describes them. Nobody on their team runs a 4.3. Werner might run a 4.4, and he is by far the fastest that they have. Hackabiel is a playmaker though, and will put on a great show for all the fans. Liberty Hill is faster as a team from what I understand...I have only seen Hondo play, but from the descriptions of Liberty Hill playing Cuero, they will be the faster on the field. This game will be more about heart than speed and size and strength. At this point in the season, it usually is. And if I remember correctly, the Midland Greenwood team of 2002 had some very small lineman as well. Our big 6'5 guys werent sure what to do about them, as they could knock them down and they were up before out lineman could think about it. Both teams have their definite advantages, Hondos will most definitely be size, and LH will be speed. Should be a heck of a game.

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Ok, I have to put my 2 cents in...Hondo is not as fast as SintonFan describes them. Nobody on their team runs a 4.3. Werner might run a 4.4, and he is by far the fastest that they have. Hackabiel is a playmaker though, and will put on a great show for all the fans. Liberty Hill is faster as a team from what I understand...I have only seen Hondo play, but from the descriptions of Liberty Hill playing Cuero, they will be the faster on the field. This game will be more about heart than speed and size and strength. At this point in the season, it usually is. And if I remember correctly, the Midland Greenwood team of 2002 had some very small lineman as well. Our big 6'5 guys werent sure what to do about them, as they could knock them down and they were up before out lineman could think about it. Both teams have their definite advantages, Hondos will most definitely be size, and LH will be speed. Should be a heck of a game.
I like the way you think bandera7. Keep the opponent thinking they have a shot is alright with me!:thumbsup: :) :D

Boosty_Hondo
12-15-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by bandera7

actually hondos fastest player is matt hoog he runs a 4.38 and werner runs a 4.40

bandera7
12-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Matt Hoog? Is he talented, because I never hear anything about him. Or has he been hurt?

Boosty_Hondo
12-15-2006, 12:11 AM
yup he is jsut overshadowed by andy and elliot he is the other return man and a main wide reciever.. the fastest player on defense would be robert douglas or andy they are about the same speed both very fast

IHStangFan
12-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Hondo runs wild!!

GO OWLS!

yourboss319
12-15-2006, 02:00 AM
hey how fast does colten and ronnie run?? they are pretty quick too

LH Panther Mom
12-15-2006, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

LH by 2 TD
You forgot to add that they like their pancakes raw. :devil:

Old Tiger
12-15-2006, 06:06 AM
You forgot to add that they like their pancakes raw. :devil: gross! lol

rundoe
12-15-2006, 06:54 AM
A wise man once told me something...

That the Panthers will come to play, we are tired of eating Bulldogs and Buffalos. Its all business come Saturday.

It's Our Year Hondo. We are the Band of Brothers!!!!

rundoe
12-15-2006, 07:01 AM
Hondo runs wild!!

........From the stadium after getting their butts ground into the turf by the Panthers Offensive and Defensive line.

clemsmarina
12-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
actually hondos fastest player is matt hoog he runs a 4.38 and werner runs a 4.40

Which D1 schools are they being recruited by? Anyone running a legit 4.38 should every school in Texas, Florida and California after them.....

IHStangFan
12-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
........From the stadium after getting their butts ground into the turf by the Panthers Offensive and Defensive line. LOL....no way

Ranger Mom
12-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Poor Owls.....they are such innocent unsuspecting creatures!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/KRSimmons/owl_flying_slow_hb.gif

But the Panthers have them in their sight!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/KRSimmons/Black-Panther-animated.gif

WildTexan
12-15-2006, 11:58 AM
4.3 40s is world class speed and no high school players run at that pace on the field....

4.3s are a function of coaches with hand watches messin up with the finger on the button....it is nice to pretend however, I suppose....

rundoe
12-15-2006, 11:59 AM
LOL....no way

Don't worry we'll shake thier hands and wish them luck in basketball before they leave, and we head to Waco the next week!!!
The PANTHERS, Band of Brothers!!

rundoe
12-15-2006, 12:02 PM
4.3 40s is world class speed and no high school players run at that pace on the field....

4.3s are a function of coaches with hand watches messin up with the finger on the button....it is nice to pretend however, I suppose....

Besides no one can run when they hit a brick wall!!
PANTHERS...... BAND OF BROTHERS!!!!

clemsmarina
12-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Per Wikipedia:

Because so much emphasis is placed on the 40, many players or programs claim to have run much faster times than they actually did. Part of this is hype from college programs wishing to promote their players by claiming they have run sensational times in practice. Another significant issue is that many colleges time players by hand, which typically records inaccurately low times. Because human reaction time is slow, this typically takes as much as 0.25 seconds off a player's time.

In the electronic timing era, the fastest recorded time at the NFL combine was 4.31 seconds by cornerback Tye Hill in 2006 [2]

ok, I'll give them credit for 4.63 and 4.65, that seems more legit!!
Though it doesn't really matter how fast you are, if you don't know where the ball is.... Fitzhenry is pretty fast too, but our defense ate him up!!!

GreenMachine
12-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Two great teams definitely deserving of being where they are. I predicted that LH would beat Giddings, but predicted that Hondo would lose to Wimberley. Sorry, but can't go with the owls this week either. That LH offense is a machine, and I just don't think that Hondo can contain it, but it will be close. LH by a td. :thumbsup:

rundoe
12-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Though it doesn't really matter how fast you are, if you don't know where the ball is.... Fitzhenry is pretty fast too, but our defense ate him up!!!

Good researce. I 'll repeat myself and say that no matter how fast you are, you get run over a few times you slow down. Thats our conditioning!!!
PANTHERS THE BAND OF BROTHERS WILL RULE THE GRID IRON THIS YEAR

WHO YA ROOTIN FOR?.......... L H H S

rundoe
12-15-2006, 12:44 PM
You got it GreenMachine!!!!

KTJ
12-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Still waiting on my free ticket from LHPM or Bootsy.

pirate4state
12-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Still waiting on my free ticket from LHPM or Bootsy. Better call or text her she was going to pick them up today. :)

rundoe
12-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Still waiting on my free ticket from LHPM or Bootsy.

OR you could just do this, lol

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k264/twilight--/thnapoleon.gif

gobbler grad
12-15-2006, 01:24 PM
OR you could just do this, lol

now that's funny...lol:clap: :clap:

firstcat
12-15-2006, 01:34 PM

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

firstcat
12-15-2006, 01:36 PM
[
A wise man once told me something... he said follow the Owl to bigger things. I thought maybe he was talking about the size of the Panther poop once those boys get a load of what's coming there way.:inlove: :clap: [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, owl meat tends to create a giant bowel movement.

rundoe
12-15-2006, 02:07 PM
especially when you swallow them whole like we are going to.

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by firstcat

[QUOTE]

Yeah, owl meat tends to create a giant bowel movement.
I see that you are an expert on bowl movements then...:p :D

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 02:22 PM
especially when you swallow them whole like we are going to.
Your gonna crap when you see THE Owl movement.:clap:

manormustangs
12-15-2006, 02:45 PM
liberty hill rushes for 500 yards and rushes on to the state championship....
LH 34
hondo 28

firstcat
12-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Your gonna crap when you see THE Owl movement.:clap:

Clever. But how about this:

"Hondo Owls" from these words, you can make the following:

low, down, slow, no,

and from "Liberty Hill Panthers"

the, best, yet, still, play, later, yes

rundoe
12-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Wow, Firstcat, you really put some thought into that one.

That sets you at least a head above most of the posters on here.

I just got though reading the entire Vernon/Celina postings. All
33 pages of it. Holy Cow, I never read so much crap in my entire life. Name calling, stats from 10 years ago, rehasing of almost evey game each team played, not once but twice or three times. trashing each others towns, good grief.

Now I know why I live in Liberty Hill, Where the fans are great, and the team is a team, and for the most part the posters are talking about the game tomorrow.

(With the exception of Sintonfan, who seems to be obsessed with bowel movements)

rundoe
12-15-2006, 04:09 PM
I see that you are an expert on bowl movements then...:p :D

But Hondo can take flight

That being the case, we better not look up after the game, cause as they fly home, AFTER OUR WIN, well, you know how birds are, lol.

wimbo_pro
12-15-2006, 04:26 PM

4.3's...HaHaHaHa...whatcha smokin', SintonFan???

firstcat
12-15-2006, 05:27 PM
I know that when these two teams step out onto the field tomorrow in San Antonio, it will be because they have fought hard and earned their right to be there.

Someone said it is a pretty even match-up, that remains to be seen. But they also said that it was going to be "heart" that makes the difference. I totally agree!

But I'll say one more thing......if 4pm tomorrow doesn't get here, this particular heart may not survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:helpme: :helpme: :helpme:

LH by 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rundoe
12-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Don't worry Firstcat, We got your back, remember we got one more week to play, don't start fading on me now!!!!!!!

WHO YA ROOTIN FOR?.............. L H H S!!!!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Boosty_Hondo
12-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Two great teams definitely deserving of being where they are. I predicted that LH would beat Giddings, but predicted that Hondo would lose to Wimberley. Sorry, but can't go with the owls this week either. That LH offense is a machine, and I just don't think that Hondo can contain it, but it will be close. LH by a td. :thumbsup:

have u seen hondo d? probably not and LH beter have a D to sotp the hondo O cause it is just as good as LH's

rundoe
12-15-2006, 05:46 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know I know... 5'8" 220 pounds and 5'9" 215 pounds are much bigger than yall are used to.
Hondo's secondary has guys about that size, but they run 4.3's.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We been hearing that crap all year long ok!!!!!

Every game and every team we have played has had 4.3 speed, one huge guy that no one can stop, can pass or run, etc, etc.

We are still here and plan on being here till next years winner get thier State Championship Ring like ours in 2007 (probably us too, since our JV has not lost a game).

So enough, It's Game Time, better be ready!!!

Heart, determination, and skill, will win this game and NO ONE has more than the LIBERTY HILL PANTHERS!!!!

Thanks for the back up Wimbo_Pro

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Does liberty hill pass sometimes or its 99% run?

GreenMachine
12-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Does liberty hill pass sometimes or its 99% run? They do not pass much, but when they do...good things seem to happen.

LHMom
12-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Does liberty hill pass sometimes or its 99% run?

Have you been living without contact with civilization?

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 07:38 PM
quote:
I know I know... 5'8" 220 pounds and 5'9" 215 pounds are much bigger than yall are used to.
Hondo's secondary has guys about that size, but they run 4.3's.

We been hearing that crap all year long ok!!!!!

Every game and every team we have played has had 4.3 speed, one huge guy that no one can stop, can pass or run, etc, etc.

We are still here and plan on being here till next years winner get thier State Championship Ring like ours in 2007 (probably us too, since our JV has not lost a game).

So enough, It's Game Time, better be ready!!!

Heart, determination, and skill, will win this game and NO ONE has more than the LIBERTY HILL PANTHERS!!!!

Thanks for the back up Wimbo_Pro
lol
Calm down rundoe. Got your panties in a twist huh?:p

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
4.3's...HaHaHaHa...whatcha smokin', SintonFan???
I was wrong wimbo. I thought it was their secondary that ran that fast but their linemen do too.:eek: :D

rundoe
12-15-2006, 07:39 PM
lol, Whoa, LHMOM Where did THAT come from? Little worked up over the game are we, lol. I have never seen you this wound up. lol. ROFL

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p250/robert817/Napoleon%20Dynamite/whateverIfeellike.gif

rundoe
12-15-2006, 07:47 PM
lol
Calm down rundoe. Got your panties in a twist huh?:p

Just tired of hearing that stuff. go back for the last 12 games thats all we hear!!!

And am little wound up for the Game, sorry, lol.

Guess LHMOM is too. I just got off the phone with her and she chewed my butt off too, lol.

SO YES WE ARE WOUND UP!!!!

Funny though, the Team is calm and ready!!!

It's us parents that are about go nuts up here!!!!!!!

LHPM and several others have been decorating for days.

My wife and I are in here making posters.

I thought i was the calm one, but guess you hit a nerve.

rundoe
12-15-2006, 07:50 PM
I was wrong wimbo. I thought it was their secondary that ran that fast but their linemen do too.:eek: :D

Don't push it!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
12-15-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm sorry, this is HILARIOUS!!! Anyone who has met & been around rundoe knows he gets all fired up!!! I am dying laughing just thinking about him typing away at his computer!! :p :p

See you tomorrow!! :thumbsup:

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Don't push it!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
SHOW SOME CONSIDERATION!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

rundoe
12-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm sorry, this is HILARIOUS!!! Anyone who has met & been around rundoe knows he gets all fired up!!! I am dying laughing just thinking about him typing away at his computer!! :p :p

See you tomorrow!! :thumbsup:

FIRED UP!!! I'M NOT FIRED UP!!!!!!

IF YA'LL SAW ME FIRED UP YOU'D ALL RUN FOR COVER!!!!!!

I'LL BE THERE TOMORROW AT THE 50, RINGIN MY BELL, SCREAMING MY HEAD OFF AND HOPING LIKE HELL LHPM CAN'T REACH ME WITH HER BELL!!!!!!

WILL BE WATCHING OUR PANTHERS PLAY THEIR HEARTS OUT!!!!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p250/robert817/Napoleon%20Dynamite/whateverIfeellike.gif

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2006, 12:03 AM
FIRED UP!!! I'M NOT FIRED UP!!!!!!

IF YA'LL SAW ME FIRED UP YOU'D ALL RUN FOR COVER!!!!!!

I'LL BE THERE TOMORROW AT THE 50, RINGIN MY BELL, SCREAMING MY HEAD OFF AND HOPING LIKE HELL, LHPM CAN'T REACH ME WITH HER BELL!!!!!!

Heck I can reach you from here, and you're a mile away. :devil: :devil: And YES, you are fired up.

SintonFan
12-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Heck I can reach you from here, and you're a mile away. :devil: :devil: And YES, you are fired up.
Folks who talk in ALL CAPS tend to have rung their bells a few too many times.;)
GO HONDO!!!!!!!
CRAP THE BEAT OUT OF THE PANTHERS!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

rundoe
12-16-2006, 12:38 AM
Folks who talk in ALL CAPS tend to have rung their bells a few too many times.;)
GO HONDO!!!!!!!

well, we talked it to death this week,. now its time to see.

rundoe
12-16-2006, 12:39 AM

only cause you yelled at me for 30 minutes while i was eating dinner and upset my stomach and I didn't do anything. I think YOU are fired up!!!!!!

SintonFan
12-16-2006, 01:51 AM
well, we talked it to death this week,. now its time to see.
Not even remotely! I'm just getting started.:inlove:

TxStBobcat
12-16-2006, 04:13 AM
I dont know if anyone has said this, but its gonna be a heart breaker either way. There will definitely not be a clear winner till the end. But, since im originaly from H-town, I have to go for Hondo. Good luck to both teams and please allow for a safe drive to the game and home.

rundoe
12-16-2006, 06:40 AM
HEY, Where is everybody????????? I thought we were meeting at the 50 at 5: A.M.? I am saving seats????

Bring me a sausage wrap!!!!!!

I got in free!!!!!

PLAY PANTHER BALL!!!!

rundoe
12-16-2006, 06:47 AM
GO HONDO!!!!!!!

crap the beat out of the panthers????? I think maybe you are fired up,lol.