PDA

View Full Version : Snyder Coach Chad Rogers - Possible Candidate For Slc Job??

DaHop72
12-14-2006, 01:28 PM
From another board, any truth to this??

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:22 am Post subject: SNYDER COACH CHAD ROGERS - POSSIBLE CANDIDATE FOR SLC JOB??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An unconfirmed rumor is saying that current Snyder Head coach Chad Rogers is a possible candiate to replace Todd Dodge as the head coach at Southlake Carroll H.S.

A former Snyder asst. coach is currently working at Southlake as an assitant coach, and may give Rogers the boost he needs to move on to the 5A level.
Rogers has experience at the upper level of New Mexico H.S. football, having won a State Championship in New Mexico in the highest level of school boy football there.

Bubba-Joe
12-14-2006, 01:54 PM
well now wouldn't that be a kick in the head ---- wonder if Black Magic has any insight on this deal????

Curly
12-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:22 am Post subject: SNYDER COACH CHAD ROGERS - POSSIBLE CANDIDATE FOR SLC JOB??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An unconfirmed rumor is saying that current Snyder Head coach Chad Rogers is a possible candiate to replace Todd Dodge as the head coach at Southlake Carroll H.S.

A former Snyder asst. coach is currently working at Southlake as an assitant coach, and may give Rogers the boost he needs to move on to the 5A level.
Rogers has experience at the upper level of New Mexico H.S. football, having won a State Championship in New Mexico in the highest level of school boy football there.

All must not be well in Snyder if Rogers is looking??
Are there problems that would send him to the Metroplex, of maybe he has been asked to apply-- could be he is ready to move on and up to better things
where are Black Magic and Snydertigeruls when you need em????

Adidas410s
12-14-2006, 01:58 PM
most sources say that Dodge will want to pick somebody that knows his system. Snyder's system isn't that close to what SLC runs.

Black_Magic
12-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Im Sure he will let them know what he thinks. So many school have come asking. SLC is just another one of the bunch. Im sure they will get thier due attention and then politely told No thanks.;)

texasjeremy
12-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Im sure there are hundreds and hundreds of coaches from all over the country applying for the SLC job (its one of the Top 5 HS football jobs in the nation).

Bubba-Joe
12-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Im Sure he will let them know what he thinks. So many school have come asking. SLC is just another one of the bunch. Im sure they will get thier due attention and then politely told No thanks.;)

so you are saying that Rogers would turn down SLC to stay in Snyder
WOW
I guess the money just wouldn't be right??
could be that there isn't the same kind of pressure at Snyder as there would be at say SLC or other high profile High expectation coaching jobs.....

Old Tiger
12-14-2006, 02:20 PM
I doubt they will hire a small school guy for this unless it was Celina's coach.

Black_Magic
12-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
so you are saying that Rogers would turn down SLC to stay in Snyder
WOW
I guess the money just wouldn't be right??
could be that there isn't the same kind of pressure at Snyder as there would be at say SLC or other high profile High expectation coaching jobs..... No not saying that.. Im yanking your SHORT chain.:clap: ;)

STANG RED
12-14-2006, 02:21 PM

I'm sure your right. He's probably well aware he couldnt hack it at that level anyway.;)
:thinking:Maybe Han Sing should weigh in on this issue.

Ranger Mom
12-14-2006, 02:25 PM
No not saying that.. Im yanking your SHORT chain.:clap: ;)

Hey now!! This is a family board, we don't need to hear about you "yanking anyone's chain!!" Short or not!!!:mad:

:p :p :D :D :D

Black_Magic
12-14-2006, 02:28 PM
OK. So Could I yank my own chain? or are you the only one who can yank a chain?;)

Ranger Mom
12-14-2006, 02:31 PM
OK. So Could I yank my own chain?

ROFL!! Go for it, knock yourself out!!:D :D

or are you the only one who can yank a chain?;)

I don't ever remember laying claim to being a "chain yanker"!!:p

Adidas410s
12-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't ever remember laying claim to being a "chain yanker"!!:p

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Black_Magic
12-14-2006, 02:32 PM
ROFL!! Go for it, knock yourself out!!:D :D

I don't ever remember laying claim to being a "chain yanker"!!:p Come on now!! admit it. You have yanked a chain or two in your years.. admit it.:p

Ranger Mom
12-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Come on now!! admit it. You have yanked a chain or two in your years.. admit it.:p

Alright....who's been spreading rumors about me??:confused:

Black_Magic
12-14-2006, 02:40 PM
http://images.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_TN/0041-0502-2512-1937_TN.jpg

Ranger Mom
12-14-2006, 02:52 PM
http://images.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_TN/0041-0502-2512-1937_TN.jpg

WOW!! That's a tall chain!:eek:

Black_Magic
12-14-2006, 02:55 PM
WOW!! That's a tall chain!:eek: Tall or long chain? not all chains are equal some have bigger chains ya know.
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/832699/2/istockphoto_832699_ship_chain.jpg

mrescape43
12-14-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Curly
All must not be well in Snyder if Rogers is looking??
Are there problems that would send him to the Metroplex, of maybe he has been asked to apply-- could be he is ready to move on and up to better things
where are Black Magic and Snydertigeruls when you need em????

:rolleyes:

I can't imagine any good coach that wouldn't be interested in this job.

Ranger Mom
12-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Tall or long chain? not all chains are equal some have bigger chains ya know.
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/832699/2/istockphoto_832699_ship_chain.jpg

Bigger chains or links??

Bubba-Joe
12-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
:rolleyes:

I can't imagine any good coach that wouldn't be interested in this job.

and yet Rogers isn't -- according to some folks in snyder
hummmm
makes you wonder how good he really is now don't it....

mrescape43
12-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
and yet Rogers isn't -- according to some folks in snyder
hummmm
makes you wonder how good he really is now don't it....

Even someone with your limited grey matter can figure out how good of a coach he is by looking at the direction the program has taken in the years that he has been the head coach.

sweetwater07
12-14-2006, 04:23 PM
SLC fans and athletes expect State every year...he couldn't coach effectively enough for their expectations

BMOC
12-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
SLC fans and athletes expect State every year...he couldn't coach effectively enough for their expectations

As well as he has done in Snyder with a little talent, I think he would do great with a lot of talent. Snyder has never been this good for this long.....that is coaching!!!
If he was offered the job, and he took the job, he would do a great job.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
As well as he has done in Snyder with a little talent, I think he would do great with a lot of talent. Snyder has never been this good for this long.....that is coaching!!!

:thumbsup: I agree, although I sometimes question his coaching calls. But the truth is that he's had more success in Snyder than any coach we've had before. Personally, I hope he sticks around for a while. He's made the best with the talent that he has, and I'm pretty sure things look good (talent wise) next year and probably the year after.

18handicap
12-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Snyder has had a lot of success lately because they are in AAA. When they were in AAAA, they were pretty good, but had to compete with schools almost twice their size, and that didn't help in some years. I know Coach Baugh did a great job while there and got things going pretty good before Coach Rogers got there.

tuff26
12-14-2006, 06:45 PM
They play the same teams now infact I would say the Dist Snyder was in the last 3 years any one of the teams would have won the 4A dist they were in. Wylie, Sweetwater, Greenwood

18handicap
12-14-2006, 06:49 PM
We played Estacado when they were good, Plainview, Sweetwater, Frenship, SA Lakeview, and Big Spring in district. Remember years ago, didn't Snyder even have to play the Midland's, Odessa's, and Abilene's for 2 years?

tuff26
12-14-2006, 06:55 PM
So all those team have just got bad and not Snyder improving. The Staff @ Snyder is 50-22 I think migh be off 1 or 2. Snyder was 3A in the 80's and won 10 games before Coach Baugh. Past 6 years 4 Dist Titles beat Wylie 2 times in 6 years this was huge. Beat Plainview 35 to 28 6 years ago.

tuff26
12-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Snyder is at 674 and has 120 + out for Football. 1999 Snyder had over 900 students and around 90 out.

18handicap
12-14-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm not getting into a spitting contest with you. I'm just trying to say that the program was headed in the right direction before Coach Rogers got there, and he has taken it from there to new heights. Not ripping the new staff, just complimenting both.

sweetwater07
12-14-2006, 07:51 PM

that actually didn't cross my mind and your prob. right....with talent he might be able to do something there...be a chance for him to gain some stature among other coaches.....Snyder has little talent and hes been able to lead them to the playoffs several times and quarters once.....prob do a good job at SLC.....like to see who would move in to replace him if he left..hmmm??

Who-dun-it!!?
12-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Welcome to the official 3adownlow rumor board!!

Where lies never come true!!

tuff26
12-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I'm not getting into a spitting contest with you. I'm just trying to say that the program was headed in the right direction before Coach Rogers got there, and he has taken it from there to new heights. Not ripping the new staff, just complimenting both.

Got you. and I have to agree with you

DaHop72
12-14-2006, 11:39 PM
As well as he has done in Snyder with a little talent:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DaHop72
12-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Coach Rogers has done a great job since he arrived in Snyder. We have more players out than before and if you don't think there is talent there then you may want to take off whatever color glasses you are wearing and put on some clear ones. This team had to replace important skill parts that were lost last year and they continued to improve even when the vultures and naysayers were out after an 0-3 start. This team went further than most people would have dreamed early on and will probably go further next year with this so called "lack of talent". Good job Coach Rogers and your staff and good job to the Snyder Tiger football team.

DU_stud04
12-14-2006, 11:47 PM
my answer for this...... HAHAHA.

southlake 95% will hire from within more than likely. i think rogers has the same chance of being head coach of southlake as i do.....slim to none :)

Snydertigersrul
12-14-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
my answer for this...... HAHAHA.

southlake 95% will hire from within more than likely. i think rogers has the same chance of being head coach of southlake as i do.....slim to none :) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

southlakedragon
12-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

we have heard allot of positive things about coach rogers down here in southlake.

injuredinmelee
12-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by southlakedragon
we have heard allot of positive things about coach rogers down here in southlake.

yeah im buying this screen name as legit and not some guy from snyer sitting naked in front of his pc right now.

Old Tiger
12-15-2006, 12:20 AM
How many state championships does Rogers have?

Snyder_TigerFan
12-15-2006, 12:21 AM
I think Snyder teams have always had talent, but for whatever reason, it either wasn't used in the right places, or the style of offense was to bland (before Rogers). I have a lot of respect for Coach Rogers and hope that he sticks around. A lot of times, bigger is not always better.

mustang04
12-15-2006, 01:05 AM
chad rogers has shown me nothing to qualify him for that position....what a joke

gato 76
12-15-2006, 06:36 AM

A state championship in new mexico highest level of school boy football would be like a 1a school in tx.TD will pick somebody on his staff or i know who i would want that would be the hc/ad at La Marque high school.

18handicap
12-15-2006, 07:40 AM
Gato, what is going on in Bay City? It's awfully quiet down there on the coast.

mrescape43
12-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Snyder has had a lot of success lately because they are in AAA. When they were in AAAA, they were pretty good, but had to compete with schools almost twice their size, and that didn't help in some years. I know Coach Baugh did a great job while there and got things going pretty good before Coach Rogers got there.

Coach Baugh did an OK job at best. He should have left years earlier than he did.

mrescape43
12-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Coach Rogers has done a great job since he arrived in Snyder. We have more players out than before and if you don't think there is talent there then you may want to take off whatever color glasses you are wearing and put on some clear ones. This team had to replace important skill parts that were lost last year and they continued to improve even when the vultures and naysayers were out after an 0-3 start. This team went further than most people would have dreamed early on and will probably go further next year with this so called "lack of talent". Good job Coach Rogers and your staff and good job to the Snyder Tiger football team.

Well said!

mrescape43
12-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
How many state championships does Rogers have?

Coach Rogers won the Big School State Championship in New Mexico before coming to Snyder.

Black_Magic
12-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Coach Rogers has done a great job since he arrived in Snyder. We have more players out than before and if you don't think there is talent there then you may want to take off whatever color glasses you are wearing and put on some clear ones. This team had to replace important skill parts that were lost last year and they continued to improve even when the vultures and naysayers were out after an 0-3 start. This team went further than most people would have dreamed early on and will probably go further next year with this so called "lack of talent". Good job Coach Rogers and your staff and good job to the Snyder Tiger football team. This years SR class Didnt win a game in Jr high and only scored 1 TD during the 7th and 8th years. I believe the SR class that we had this year came a LONG way from that point. Coach Rogers has not gone unoticed in the coaching ranks. He has been asked to speak at Nike coach of the year clinic, Oil Bowl Clinic, East Texas clinic, and the West Texas Clinic. in the last two years. Next years Snyder Team should be really good. 8 Returning on O with ALL the skill positions comming back. On D snyder will have about 6 comming back. Snyder Should be good next year and the year after. As for SLC. I know many coaches who would not touch that Job. Think about it. They have lost 1 game out of 72 and that was a State Championship game. Kinda hard no matter how good you are to follow up on that. What Could a coach do to top that???? The program could not go any farther UP. the only way it can go is down. That job is NOT the best one for an up and comming coach. Expectations would be a State championship and if that didnt happen then you could get fired... No thanks...

Black_Magic
12-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :eek: :dispntd:

DU_stud04
12-15-2006, 12:12 PM
:eek: :dispntd: :D

Snydertigersrul
12-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Coach Rogers won the Big School State Championship in New Mexico before coming to Snyder.

That's true but he was an assistant on that staff, not the head coach.

Old Tiger
12-15-2006, 01:31 PM
Coach Rogers won the Big School State Championship in New Mexico before coming to Snyder. So no championships in Texas?

He seems more than qualified to coach SLC and keep up that tradition:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Black_Magic
12-15-2006, 01:32 PM
True so he must not have had anything to do with the New Mexico State Championship(s) that Mayfield had.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Foot in mouth???

tuff26
12-15-2006, 02:15 PM
True so he must not have had anything to do with the New Mexico State Championship(s) that Mayfield had.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Foot in mouth???

You mean foot on paper do you not BM. Or words on tape recorder right

Black_Magic
12-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by tuff26
You mean foot on paper do you not BM. Or words on tape recorder right Thats a good analogy. I dont know there is alot of paper now days. I bet its mostly electronic. foot on keyboard?

tuff26
12-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Thats a good analogy. I dont know there is alot of paper now days. I bet its mostly electronic. foot on keyboard?

Yea maybe but not much of that paper sold around town anymore?

JR2004
12-15-2006, 02:44 PM
More than likely they are either going to hire someone already at SLC or they will bring in a coach who runs an offense that's close to what they do now. I'd be completely shocked to see any 3A coaches get consideration for this job, especially those who aren't running spread style offenses. The only one that I could see getting a serious look if he applied would be Jeff Traylor due to the offense he runs.

Black_Magic
12-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by tuff26
Yea maybe but not much of that paper sold around town anymore? It is always smart to read a post before you click the "send reply" button. Its like this. If I had a girlfriend and someone said in front of us " didnt I see you in the miss Texas pagent last year?" I would be Really stupid to laugh out loud even if I did think it was silly. Although that would not happen to me because she looks like she could have been;) but thats beside the point. Sometimes it good to not say anything.

tuff26
12-15-2006, 02:53 PM
I did not know your Girlfriend was in the Miss Universe contest. Maybe the Miss Patience (where she won) contest.

Butkus
12-15-2006, 02:59 PM
It is always smart to read a post before you click the "send reply" button. Its like this. If I had a girlfriend and someone said in front of us " didnt I see you in the miss Texas pagent last year?" I would be Really stupid to laugh out loud even if I did think it was silly. Although that would not happen to me because she looks like she could have been;) but thats beside the point. Sometimes it good to not say anything. Gee old blackie that girl ur a datin mus be a saint.:D

tuff26
12-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Yes she really must be and I guess she has to be

Phantom Stang
12-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Notice Blackie said "if" he had a girlfriend.
:D

18handicap
12-15-2006, 10:59 PM
How are all of the other sports doing in Snyder this year?

westtxfballfan
12-15-2006, 11:24 PM
A couple of observations:
I don't know why any current, qualified head coach would want that job right after Dodge. Think Frank Solich following Osborne or Ron Zook following Spurrier. That's why an assistant from within will likely get it IMO.

I recall Snyder having plenty of wasted talent in the past. In the mid-80s - when they were 4A not 3A, by the way, and playing good Sweetwater, Big Spring, Monahans, Lakeview, etc., teams in district - they had 2 DI guys on the same squad in 86. I recall one going to Oklahoma and one to Nebraska, and they had plenty of talent elsewhere. Even with that talent, they got thumped regularly. Not sure if it's been there every year, but for years Snyder was plenty talented and just not very well-coached (before Baugh.)

How's this for a 9-team, 4A district with only 2 playoff spots (86-87):
Big Spring
Sweetwater
Monahans
Lakeview
Snyder
Andrews
Lamesa
Fort Stockton
Pecos

Makes getting in the playoffs today look kinda cheap.

Ranger Mom
12-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
I don't know why any current, qualified head coach would want that job right after Dodge. Think Frank Solich following Osborne or Ron Zook following Spurrier. That's why an assistant from within will likely get it IMO.

I recall Snyder having plenty of wasted talent in the past. In the mid-80s - when they were 4A not 3A, by the way, and playing good Sweetwater, Big Spring, Monahans, Lakeview, etc., teams in district - they had 2 DI guys on the same squad in 86. I recall one going to Oklahoma and one to Nebraska, and they had plenty of talent elsewhere. Even with that talent, they got thumped regularly. Not sure if it's been there every year, but for years Snyder was plenty talented and just not very well-coached (before Baugh.)

Big Spring
Sweetwater
Monahans
Lakeview
Snyder
Andrews
Lamesa
Fort Stockton
Pecos

Am I right?? 7 of those 9 are now 3A??

gato 76
12-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Gato, what is going on in Bay City? It's awfully quiet down there on the coast.

MY contacts have told me major changes.I have been told another 244a coach is interested but going to take big $ for him to leave where he is at.I would like to see them get the off/cord at Lamar Cons,he was the off/line coach under chad morris at bay city.But from what i have been told tney want a coach with experience in the 3 a/4 a level.I also been told the expectation to win there has also scared off alot of coaches from applying.There is alot of talent to work with next year team returns 31 lettermen 9/off starters & 7 def starters.

Snydertigersrul
12-16-2006, 01:39 AM
How are all of the other sports doing in Snyder this year?

After tonight's basketball games against Idalou, the Lady Tigers are 10-4 and ranked No. 14 by the TABC. The Tigers are 8-3 and winners of seven consecutive games. Both teams play Big Spring on Monday at home.

mrescape43
12-16-2006, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
More than likely they are either going to hire someone already at SLC or they will bring in a coach who runs an offense that's close to what they do now. I'd be completely shocked to see any 3A coaches get consideration for this job, especially those who aren't running spread style offenses. The only one that I could see getting a serious look if he applied would be Jeff Traylor due to the offense he runs.

Is that the 1 and done offense? :D :D J/K

mrescape43
12-16-2006, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan

Big Spring
Sweetwater
Monahans
Lakeview
Snyder
Andrews
Lamesa
Fort Stockton
Pecos

Good post.

mrescape43
12-16-2006, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
After tonight's basketball games against Idalou, the Lady Tigers are 10-4 and ranked No. 14 by the TABC. The Tigers are 8-3 and winners of seven consecutive games. Both teams play Big Spring on Monday at home.

It is amazing how a change at the coaching position has made such a difference in the boys so quickly.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-16-2006, 09:46 AM
It is amazing how a change at the coaching position has made such a difference in the boys so quickly.

It's good to see the boys basketball program improving already.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-16-2006, 09:46 AM
nm