PDA

View Full Version : Mark McGwire Article...

Snyder_TigerFan
12-14-2006, 12:02 PM
If you were once a fan of his, you might enjoy it. It does answer the question of where he's been hiding near the end of the article. It's a pretty good read.

ESPN Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=mcgwire&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1)

JR2004
12-14-2006, 02:27 PM
It was a good read. I grew up an A's fan and wore his number when I played baseball. When I wasn't pitching I played first base because it was the position he played. I still stayed a fan of his after the trade to St. Louis and couldn't have been happier for him when he broke the home run record.

It was very disappointing though to see what he did, or better yet didn't do, before Congress. I was hoping he would at least confirm or deny something about his playing days. I hope he's at least at peace though with whatever he did during his career.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
It was a good read. I grew up an A's fan and wore his number when I played baseball. When I wasn't pitching I played first base because it was the position he played. I still stayed a fan of his after the trade to St. Louis and couldn't have been happier for him when he broke the home run record.

It was very disappointing though to see what he did, or better yet didn't do, before Congress. I was hoping he would at least confirm or deny something about his playing days. I hope he's at least at peace though with whatever he did during his career.

I'm with ya.

I found it interesting that he has a 0 handicap and that he tried to qualify for the US Open two years ago. But I guess if you have that much time on your hands, there is plenty of time to improve your golf game.