PDA

View Full Version : Huge Business Possible for Mathis, but Will it Work?

Blastoderm55
12-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Story (http://www.caller.com/ccct/business/article/0,2537,CCCT_873_5213130,00.html)

I think this is a great opportunities for the citizens of my hometown. It would provide an enormous number of jobs for a town with a high rate of unemployment, and give a jolt to what is very much a stagnant local economy.

But...

How will this work? Will the company use Lake Corpus Christi as its source of clean water? This body of water is only a couple of years removed from nearly being completely drained thanks to drought conditions. Will the city of Corpus Christi have its say in this issue if its own fresh water supply is at risk?

Phil C
12-14-2006, 11:43 AM
I hope it works out for all concerned. It is hopefully a chance for prosperity and employment.

luvhoops34
12-14-2006, 11:58 AM
"Selection is based upon several factors such as available source of a clean water"

I sure wouldn't count Lake CC as an available source of clean water! Corpus water tastes horrible, why would they want to bottle it?

I hope it works out for San Pat County, but I just can't see them bottling purified lake water. Besides, the lake can barely support Corpus, much less another volume user.