PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Lh/Hondo Tailgate Party

firstcat
12-14-2006, 10:57 AM
I just received a note from Supt. Andrews, he said that the stadium administration notified him there was "No tailgating allowed in the Farris Athletic Complex".

Now what, drop back and punt??????

pirate4state
12-14-2006, 11:07 AM
:weeping: :weeping:

GreenMonster
12-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by firstcat
I just received a note from Supt. Andrews, he said that the stadium administration notified him there was "No tailgating allowed in the Farris Athletic Complex".

Now what, drop back and punt?????? Find a public park in the nearby vacinity.

Bubba-Joe
12-14-2006, 11:10 AM

Now what, drop back and punt??????

so
what they gonna do call the tailgate police on you ???
"We don't care what Momma don't allow we gonna tailgate anyhow"

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
so
what they gonna do call the tailgate police on you ???
"We don't care what Momma don't allow we gonna tailgate anyhow"
After the experience last year at Comalander, I think that's exactly what they'll do. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Old Tiger
12-14-2006, 11:25 AM
I hope yall don't get tassered tazerd(spelling) by the parking lot police :(

catman
12-14-2006, 11:27 AM
I've gone to several games at Farris before. I got there 2 hours before game time and the police were already there. I've never seen tailgating at either Farris or Comalander.

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 11:50 AM
There are a few parks nearby. But not alll of them allow bbqing.
Let me find a map. Should I call the HEB at Bandera and 1604(1/4 mile away)? They might be receptive.:)

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Well Heck! I called the HEB there but lol they don't allow pits on their parking lot(unless it is approved through corporate).:D

Ranger Mom
12-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Well THAT stinks!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well THAT stinks!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
Give me some time. I'll work it out(somewheres close that is).:)

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Hmmmm....
Raymond Russell park isn't that far and we've bbqed there before. Let me find a map for yall. If you folks are willing to travel as far as yall to make this game, I'm positve we'll have somewhere for all to meet.:)

pirate4state
12-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Too bad my cousin lives so far outside the city limits, he'd love to have us all invade his place!! It would be perfect!!!

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Ok, just got off the phone with a nice lady from SA city parks. She said they have a pavilion at Raymond Russell with kitchen facilities for $230. lol Thats pricey but anyone is allowed to BBQ at the park, it's first come first serve for space. It's a decent sized park so that shouldn't be a problem. The park is around 5-7 miles away from the stadium and on I-10 just past Fiesta Texas. There is a closer park but it is huge and I see problems with everyone meeting up there because it can be confusing if you have never been there.
Let me find a map for yall. :)

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Here is the link to Raymond Russell park.
Park website (http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapar/raymondrussellreservations.asp?res=1152&ver=true)
Pavilion no. 2 is open but again to bbq there it's ok without rental. We would just have to have a large "3Adownlow" sign.

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2006, 12:27 PM
I wonder if it would be just as easy (and probably cheaper) to find a restaurant closeby to eat, meet & greet. lhpd looked and found a Golden Corral at the Bandera Rd exit. If that doesn't work, there seemed to be several other options.

Then we could do a parking lot "no eat" meet & greet for any not able to make the other.

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Whatever yall decide. The park is free, of course.;) I'm here to help of course.

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Whatever yall decide. The park is free, of course.;) I'm here to help of course.
:doh: :doh: I just reread your first post. I thought the $230 thing was it. I should "keep up". :hairpunk: :D

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: I just reread your first post. I thought the $230 thing was it. I should "keep up". :hairpunk: :D
I live about two miles away but my parking is horrible.:doh:
I think maybe taking a poll for the park or restaurant might be a good idea.

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Okay, what should we do?????

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Here's a map link to the Golden Corral you are talking about LHPM.
GC on 1604 (http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=&q=golden+corral&near=San+Antonio,+TX&radius=0.0&cid=29423889,-98493333,10654379452062552306&li=lmd&z=14&t=m)
It is almost across from the stadium.

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Okay, what should we do?????
I'm staying out of the decision making process. Since some of you are traveling from a large distance you guys should get together and decide. I can help with whatever questions yall might have as I am familiar with the area.:)

catman
12-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Hills and Dales or Taqueria Aguas Calientes on White Fawn Drive:D

rundoe
12-14-2006, 01:00 PM
:inlove: I love this thread!!!!:inlove:

firstcat
12-14-2006, 01:10 PM
I just found out there is a group from LH that are planning to meet at the Rudy's BBQ at Leon Springs. Supposed to be really close to the stadium, they said to come on and join them....

Just throwing it out there......

rundoe
12-14-2006, 02:39 PM
For the eat, meet, and greet, yum

http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/450/s4020_450.jpeg

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 03:00 PM
I just found out there is a group from LH that are planning to meet at the Rudy's BBQ at Leon Springs. Supposed to be really close to the stadium, they said to come on and join them....

Just throwing it out there......
Rudy's is about two miles north of Raymond Russell park. About nine miles from the stadium.:nerd:

rundoe
12-14-2006, 04:37 PM
guess no one liked my bass idea

:(

Ranger Mom
12-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Well DARN!! Hanging around in a parking lot at a tailgate party for 3 hours or so is one thing.

Being stuck at a restaurant for 3 hours is something else entirely!!

This is really going to affect what I time I leave West Texas!!

Personally...if we can find a park somewhere nearby that will let us cook, I like that idea the best.

I don't see any need to spend $230 on a pavilion...just load up chairs and set them wherever!!

BUT....neither one of these are my teams..Im just a bystander, so tell me what we are gonna do and I will go from there!!!

rundoe
12-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Don't worry your not driving the farthest anymore. Just found out my brother and sister in law are coming in from Atlanta Ga. to watch us play. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bjrod9
12-14-2006, 06:14 PM
i think we should just meet at a restaraunt and tear it up there and let them worry about the mess so we can go get in line for the game, Gates open @ 2:30.

Ranger Mom
12-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by bjrod9
i think we should just meet at a restaraunt and tear it up there and let them worry about the mess so we can go get in line for the game, Gates open @ 2:30.

Have you ever been to a meet and greet at a restaurant?? It is hard to do any meeting and greeting.....all there is is eating!!:D

Other patrons in the restaurant don't much care for the milling around from table to table!!

Has there been any kind of head count done yet??

bjrod9
12-14-2006, 07:22 PM
No i havent been to a meet and greet at a restaraunt, and yes i understand and feel for the people who may see us mingleing,lol,but eating is eating... maybe if we get a headcount we could reserve some big tables or room if it is free of course.

CHS_CG
12-14-2006, 09:38 PM
park idea is the best to me. we can all move around at will sit down stand up and if anybody is bringing their family/ lil ones they could have wide open space to run around. Depending on what we do will also determine the time i leave from caldwell.

Bandera YaYa
12-14-2006, 10:22 PM
I;m trying to think where yall could go....depends on how many will be attending, to get my thoughts together ...any idea of head count?? :thinking:

PJ Frye
12-14-2006, 10:52 PM

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 10:55 PM
I DID mention that Raymond Russell Park is fairly close and they do allow big BBQ pits there. Are you blind YaYa?:D

Bandera YaYa
12-14-2006, 11:02 PM
I DID mention that Raymond Russell Park is fairly close and they do allow big BBQ pits there. Are you blind YaYa?:D Well I DO have my glasses on.....so I DID read that....but I was just thinking....sorry, I didn't mean your idea wasn't a good one! :(

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Well I DO have my glasses on.....so I DID read that....but I was just thinking....sorry, I didn't mean your idea wasn't a good one! :(
lol
If you have an idea just let us know. I'm not trying to say you don't, heck I didn't even know you wore glasses.:nerd: :D
I'm just trying to help folks.:)

Bandera YaYa
12-14-2006, 11:18 PM
lol
If you have an idea just let us know. I'm not trying to say you don't, heck I didn't even know you wore glasses.:nerd: :D
I'm just trying to help folks.:) Only when I do close work or read.....I'm getting older by the minute! :D

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 11:25 PM
lol YaYa
Today is almost Friday(the day before the game) so we need something concrete soon(Friday afternoon at the latest) for all these folks coming in from out-of-town to make plans for. Heck, if it was up to me I'd say we all just meet at the Riverwalk with that "slimy green water".;)
But close to the stadium is good(to get a good seat early). I thought about OP Schnaibel(spelling?) park but that is more of a nature park, as is most in that area. I checked the map in the area and Raymond Russell park seems to fit the bill.

pirate4state
12-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Park idea sounds good to me!! :)

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Yall can click on the pdf file labeled "park Map" on this link here.
SA city parks map (http://www.ci.sat.tx.us/sapar/parkmap.asp)
It's a pdf file that will allow you to scale and move around all of San Antonio to see the parks and lots of things in decent detail. :)

CHS_CG
12-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Have we figured anything out? I need to know what we are doing by 5 PM today.. lets make a choice people!

kaorder1999
12-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Have we figured anything out? I need to know what we are doing by 5 PM today.. lets make a choice people!

man...dont yell at them!! You might hurt someones feelings!

Bandera YaYa
12-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Have you ever been to a meet and greet at a restaurant?? It is hard to do any meeting and greeting.....all there is is eating!!:D

Other patrons in the restaurant don't much care for the milling around from table to table!!

Has there been any kind of head count done yet?? Funny, I went to THAT same Golden Corral last nite and there is a back room, that some people were having a Xmas party in ......it was private....just an FYI. Also, I don't know anything about the parks in SA...heck just have it in the new Bass Pro Shop parking lot....that place is such a madhouse, no one would see you!!!!!. :D :p

pirate4state
12-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG

BBQ at the park is in the lead!! :clap: The whole restaurant thing can get crazy for such a big group.

Ranger Mom
12-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
BBQ at the park is in the lead!! :clap: The whole restaurant thing can get crazy for such a big group.

I like that idea the best myself...but this isn't my deal, I am just along for the ride!!

I just wish SOMEONE would decide so I could make out my maps up here on a high speed computer rather than having to wait 2 hours for one to pull up and print out at home!!

LH Panther Mom
12-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Okay, I've got to leave for the office before the poll is scheduled to close. I think cooking out in the park sounds like a great idea for those who'd like to. We plan to leave here around 10, so we'll go to Russell. Sinton Fan, if there are any areas that might be better for a group, please let us know. We'll have some type of 3ADL sign.

For any that can't make the park or prefer the restaurant, we could all meet in the parking lot of the stadium around 2-2:15 and still be able to get in at 2:30 when the gates open.

pirate4state
12-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Here is the link to Raymond Russell park.
Park website (http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapar/raymondrussellreservations.asp?res=1152&ver=true)
Pavilion no. 2 is open but again to bbq there it's ok without rental. We would just have to have a large "3Adownlow" sign.

Did you ever get a map??? I called them and the girl told me that they were off I-10 & Huebner; past Fiesta Texas. How far is that from the stadium???

She said there is a sign on I-10 that reads "Raymond Russell Park" next exit, but didn't know the exit number.

I nominate YOU to show up early and save a spot!!! :D :D

CHS_CG
12-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
man...dont yell at them!! You might hurt someones feelings!

sorry dear

:rolleyes:

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Did you ever get a map??? I called them and the girl told me that they were off I-10 & Huebner; past Fiesta Texas. How far is that from the stadium???

Try this yahoo map. Raymond russell (http://maps.yahoo.com/broadband/#q1=20644+IH-10+West+San+Antonio+Texas&trf=0&mvt=m&lon=-98.61268&lat=29.633979&mag=5)
p4s the park is about 7 miles from the stadium. Most park in the area a natural aprks or wilderness parks and don't allow bbqing.
Let me know if the link works. You should be able to scale in and out to get your bearings.:)

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Here again is the Texasbob link with some info on the stadium.
Dub Farris stadium (http://www.texasbob.com/football/saindex1.html#FarrisSanAntonio)

pirate4state
12-15-2006, 01:33 PM
Try this yahoo map. Raymond russell (http://maps.yahoo.com/broadband/#q1=20644+IH-10+West+San+Antonio+Texas&trf=0&mvt=m&lon=-98.61268&lat=29.633979&mag=5)
p4s the park is about 7 miles from the stadium. Most park in the area a natural aprks or wilderness parks and don't allow bbqing.
Let me know if the link works. You should be able to scale in and out to get your bearings.:)

Yeah that didn't help. Okay so if I just get on I-10 and travel west I should find it right? I mean the girl told me off I-10 & Huebner with signs pointing you in the right direction. How hard can it be? :D :crazy1:

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah that didn't help. Okay so if I just get on I-10 and travel west I should find it right? I mean the girl told me off I-10 & Huebner with signs pointing you in the right direction. How hard can it be? :D :crazy1:
Jeez the link works for me.
It's easy to get there though.
It isn't around Huebner.
Follow this p4s:
Take IH10 past 1604 on the NW side of town and look for the Camp Bullis exit. Take that exit and go straight through the light. The park is about 1/2 mile down on the right.
The address is 20644 IH-10 West San Antonio, TX. You can enter that address in yahoo maps or google maps and it should pop up no problemo. If anyone has trouble or are not sure where exactly to go I'll try to find another map. You can also pm me your cell no. and I'll do the same if you get lost in the area(lol better do that today). I'll be glad to help any way I can.:)

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 01:48 PM
For those coming from 1604 east(ie. LH folks and northerners) as you travel west on 1604, look for the IH10/1604 interchange and take IH10 to El Paso(boerne). Take the Camp Bullis exit, go through the light and the park is about 1/2 mile on the right.

pirate4state
12-15-2006, 01:56 PM
THANK YOU D!! :kiss: :kiss:

See you tomorrow!!!

Bandera YaYa
12-15-2006, 01:58 PM
yah...no where near Huebner.....but the question is.....will the guys drive by Pro Bass Shop and NOT go in??? ..or the gals not visit the shops at the new "Rim" shopping mall.....if all of ya'll can drive past all those goodies, my hats off to ya!! Have fun and I MIGHT just see you at the game!!!! :D :D :kiss:

pirate4state
12-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
yah...no where near Huebner.....but the question is.....will the guys drive by Pro Bass Shop and NOT go in??? ..or the gals not visit the shops at the new "Rim" shopping mall.....if all of ya'll can drive past all those goodies, my hats off to ya!! Have fun and I MIGHT just see you at the game!!!! :D :D :kiss:

Won't be a problem for this gal, I hate shopping especially at this time of year!! See you there YaYa!!! :)

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 02:18 PM
I got these directions from another website:
Raymond Russell Park is at 20644 W. IH-10 in NW San Antonio, about 3.5 miles northwest of Loop 1604 on IH-10. From Loop 1604 (Anderson Loop) head west on IH-10. Take exit 554, Camp Bullis Rd, and stay on the access road. Go straight through the four-way stop, and Raymond Russell Park will be on your right.
That's about as easy as it gets.:)

Ranger Mom
12-15-2006, 02:43 PM
I am coming in on I-10...will I just pull right up to it?

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 02:47 PM
I am coming in on 1-10...will I just pull right up to it?
If you are coming from IH10 from Boerne you will have to exit Camp Bullis(it's just before the Fiesta Texas exit). Take a left under the overpass and another left to the access road and it'll be about 1/2 mile on the right.
Try to enter the address above in yahoo maps if you aren't sure.

Ranger Mom
12-15-2006, 03:36 PM
If you are coming from IH10 from Boerne you will have to exit Camp Bullis(it's just before the Fiesta Texas exit). Take a left under the overpass and another left to the access road and it'll be about 1/2 mile on the right.
Try to enter the address above in yahoo maps if you aren't sure.

Sounds easy enough!!

So....is this set??

What time??

Head count??

Am I still bringing a case of water?

pirate4state
12-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Sounds easy enough!!

So....is this set??

What time??

Head count??

Am I still bringing a case of water?

Yes

Arrive anywhere from 11a-Noon until 2:00

I'll be there!! Talena will be there!! :) You'll be there. Deb will be there!! :) SF will be there!! :)

Sure

:)

LHMom
12-15-2006, 06:23 PM
BOTH DEBS WILL BE THERE!!!!

pirate4state
12-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
BOTH DEBS WILL BE THERE!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: WOO HOO!!! I hope it didn't cost you too much trouble. ;) See you there!!!

Ranger Mom
12-15-2006, 11:19 PM
My husband just informed me that he wants to leave by 6:00 AM!!!!!

We will probably be the first one's there!!

I guess he must be allowing for my potty breaks!!:p

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 11:26 PM
My husband just informed me that he wants to leave by 6:00 AM!!!!!

We will probably be the first one's there!!

I guess he must be allowing for my potty breaks!!:p
lol
Call me if you have any trouble.
Denise decided she's gonna go to the salon at 12 so I might be a little later than noon.
Heck if yall get their early hubby might just wanna check out the Brand New Bass Pro Shops just less than one mile past the park on IH 10(coming from Boerne take the Fiesta Texas/La Cantera exit). It is awesome and I could set up a tent there for a weekend adventure.:D
Again for anyone that wants to go. Let me know if I need to PM my cell phone number to you. I'll be glad to find you and take you to the park if you get lost.
Also another thing. What do yall need us to bring? I'll be glad to pitch in whatever yall need.:)

SintonFan
12-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Larger state map showing the park.
State map (http://maps.yahoo.com/pmaps?name=&ed=MoM.Zup_0TqE3GgHrtnENDo3KRS24rVIapv.8QM_guxuV17 mh8TWUaEhJoOOg1pHNcqY7OV8xLtFNsmPQ7CY3OyGM2SeMzjZV 5YZjxPm&csz=San+Antonio%2C+TX+78257-1610&desc=&mag=7&ds=n&state=TX&uzip=78257&country=US&BFKey=&cat=shop&resize=l&trf=0)
Closer city map
City map (http://maps.yahoo.com/pmaps?name=&ed=MoM.Zup_0TqE3GgHrtnENDo3KRS24rVIapv.8QM_guxuV17 mh8TWUaEhJoOOg1pHNcqY7OV8xLtFNsmPQ7CY3OyGM2SeMzjZV 5YZjxPm&csz=San+Antonio%2C+TX+78257-1610&desc=&mag=5&ds=n&state=TX&uzip=78257&country=US&BFKey=&cat=shop&resize=l&trf=0)
Close area map showing park and exit.
Map with Camp Bullis road in relation to park (http://maps.yahoo.com/pmaps?name=&ed=MoM.Zup_0TqE3GgHrtnENDo3KRS24rVIapv.8QM_guxuV17 mh8TWUaEhJoOOg1pHNcqY7OV8xLtFNsmPQ7CY3OyGM2SeMzjZV 5YZjxPm&csz=San+Antonio%2C+TX+78257-1610&desc=&mag=3&ds=n&state=TX&uzip=78257&country=US&BFKey=&cat=shop&resize=l&trf=0)

pirate4state
12-16-2006, 01:09 AM
Also another thing. What do yall need us to bring? I'll be glad to pitch in whatever yall need.:)

I think everyone is just bringing whatever they may want thrown on the grill!! :)

SintonFan
12-16-2006, 02:12 AM
I think everyone is just bringing whatever they may want thrown on the grill!! :)
I got this off the other thread:

What should everyone bring???

lhpantherdad - grill & pop-up
p4s - cookies, chips & dips
Ranger Mom - case of bottled water
wimbo_pro - himself, i mean a turkey

Who wants to sign up for the following:

Meat - sausage for wraps - lhpd & lhpm
Tortillas/Bread - tortillas - lhpd & lhpm
Buns -
Drinks -
Ice -
Pickles, Mustard, Mayo -
Onion, Lettuce, Toms -
Soft Drinks -
Chili for hot dogs -

No one has said what they want so just bring your favorite dish I guess.
Ok, I'll bring Ice and soft drinks. RM you still bring the case of water as I'm sure some of us will want that instead of soda. :) Besides I've never had West Texas water.:D

The pit is a big competition pit, but it never hurts if you want to bring a smaller (back-yard) type just in case!
Are you coming to the MnG at the Park, firstcat? I'd love to see that BBQ pit in action.:clap: :cool:
Don't take anything I've said in the "LH-Hondo prediction thread" too serious. I was just trying to get some spirited talk started.:D
Yall all have a safe drive tomorrow and I hope to see many of you there at the MnG.
For those who can't make the MnG. Let's plan on meeting at 2:15 at the north entrance of the stadium. Hopefully we can get a sign with 3Adownlow on it for you all who want to meet just before the game.
A halftime MnG is tough as Northside ISD charges full price admission if you leave the gate. That sucks for us smokers, and I myself would rather just stay in the stadium than pay for another ticket.
Good luck to everone driving to and from the game and MnG.:)

catman
12-16-2006, 05:29 AM
Sorry I won't be at the game or the M&G. Would like to see everyone again and meet those I didn't meet last week. I'll be over at the Alamodome watching the 2 games there. More bang for my bucks.

rundoe
12-16-2006, 06:35 AM
HEY!!!! WHERE IS EVERYBODY!!!! I thought we were meeting at the 50 at 5: A.M.!!!! Am Holding seats.

I GOT IN FREE!!!!!!
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k264/twilight--/thnapoleon.gif

PANTHER BALL!!!!!

Ranger Mom
12-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
HEY!!!! WHERE IS EVERYBODY!!!! I thought we were meeting at the 50 at 5: A.M.!!!! Am Holding seats.

I GOT IN FREE!!!!!!
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k264/twilight--/thnapoleon.gif

PANTHER BALL!!!!!

LOL!! I am up, but it doesn't look like we are going to make our 6:00 departure time.

ONE OF US is still in bed and it darn sure aint me!!:D :D

pirate4state
12-16-2006, 08:38 AM
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I totally forgot I was making cookies!!! Had to get up super early this morning!!! :crazy1:

Everyone have a safe trip to SA!!!!

rundoe
12-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Don't get all worked up on that Sugar, lol