12-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Nice smile!!!

Wanna come fix my printer? :D

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Nice smile!!!

Wanna come fix my printer? :D

If I could I would. I am an analyst by trade and have worked on some hardware as well. What seems to be the issue? Maybe I can walk you thru a fix.

pirate4state
12-13-2006, 03:13 PM
I finally got a new printer HP All-in-one (it's pretty) anyway...I followed all the instructions on the disk. When it asked that I connect the USB cable, I did but nothing happened. ARGH!! The error message I keep getting is "there is no computer connected". :weeping:

I tried every single USB port on the tower, nada. I sent my boss back out to switch out the USB cable thinking maybe it was a bad one. Nope. *sigh*

I have uninstalled and tried all over again TWICE and still nothing. It's really pissing me off!!

SWMustang
12-13-2006, 03:13 PM
she jammed some paper in there just to get the copy guy to come out.

Gsquared
12-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
If I could I would. I am an analyst by trade and have worked on some hardware as well. What seems to be the issue? Maybe I can walk you thru a fix.
Say man, your movin in on my woman! Did she try to make out with you this Saturday too? :eek:

pirate4state
12-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Say man, your movin in on my woman! Did she try to make out with you this Saturday too? :eek:

ROFL! You are so crazy!! Thank you for making me SCREAM laugh just now!!! :D

thatsminty
12-13-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm thinking halo.

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 04:03 PM
If it is an install there is the possibility that you have the wrong instructions for your OS. Or the printer has a bad port. You do not need to re-install. power cycle the printer and reconnect and then check your drivers and make sure the usb is working and that the printer is your default printer. Otherwise nothing will happen. Gotta make sure the printer is installed and then set your computer to use that printer.

pirate4state
12-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
If it is an install there is the possibility that you have the wrong instructions for your OS. Or the printer has a bad port. You do not need to re-install. power cycle the printer and reconnect and then check your drivers and make sure the usb is working and that the printer is your default printer. Otherwise nothing will happen. Gotta make sure the printer is installed and then set your computer to use that printer.

:crazy1:

How do I check "my drivers"??? The printer is set as the default printer. I did a search and it the computer didn't even find a printer installed!! :( :confused:

Gsquared
12-13-2006, 04:11 PM
:crazy1:

How do I check "my drivers"??? The printer is set as the default printer. I did a search and it the computer didn't even find a printer installed!! :( :confused:
P4S you hijacked my super cool thread! :mad:

pirate4state
12-13-2006, 04:11 PM

I'm sorry. :kiss: :kiss:

Adidas410s
12-13-2006, 04:12 PM
It's what she does...she's a taker not a giver!!! :eek:

Ranger Mom
12-13-2006, 04:20 PM
ROFL! You are so crazy!! Thank you for making me SCREAM laugh just now!!! :D

I think they prefer to just hear you "SCREAM"...the "SCREAM" laugh may be a bit demoralizing!!

pirate4state
12-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think they prefer to just hear you "SCREAM"...the "SCREAM" laugh may be a bit demoralizing!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :evillol:

I have got to get back to work!!!

:blush:

Blastoderm55
12-13-2006, 04:33 PM
HP printers are a pain. I had to replace one for a customer last month because all of her docs would print out completely black. Yeah, had difficulty explaining that one to tech support in India. Best thing to do is uninstall the software, and reinstall it. Its important to not plug in the USB cable until it tells you to do so, for some sick twisted reason that I cannot explain.

pirate4state
12-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
HP printers are a pain. I had to replace one for a customer last month because all of her docs would print out completely black. Yeah, had difficulty explaining that one to tech support in India. Best thing to do is uninstall the software, and reinstall it. Its important to not plug in the USB cable until it tells you to do so, for some sick twisted reason that I cannot explain.

:weeping: I already did that, TWICE!! *sigh* I'm not gonna fool with it anymore. I refuse to call "Mike" for his help either :rolleyes: he will only further annoy me!! :mad: I'll just wait for our local iTech guy. :nerd:

Thanks for the advice & suggestions guys!!