PDA

View Full Version : 3A Girls that can knock home runs-please list

Old Cardinal
03-12-2003, 07:30 PM
Kirbyville- Holly Tankersley.... Bridge City-Laura Gremillion(Senior); Julia Curl(Senior); Jessica "Biscuit" Lamoine(Junior); Meagan Godwin (Sophomore)....Please give us a list of the Girls across the State that have proven they can knock Home runs....

<small>[ March 12, 2003, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

BULLDOGFAN
03-12-2003, 09:26 PM
Pam Hoesen, a Big Hitter from the Bandera Bulldogs. Big Bat.

Jimbotex40
03-12-2003, 11:08 PM
i think i heard a girl in one of my classes say that someone hit a homer,lol, im not sure what team it was though...well, i guess im not helping at all, so ill just shut up now.

slpybear the bullfan
03-13-2003, 12:38 AM
Kasi Dobbs, Decatur... She is an all-state pitcher and can knock 'em over the fence. There is also a girl by the name of Cantu that can stroke 'em pretty far, I don't know if she can homer or not... I'll have to check.

Man... It is weird reporting for Decatur on this board!

Go Bulls!

Old Cardinal
03-13-2003, 08:37 AM
To Bulldogfan: How many homers has Pam Hoesen hit? What position does she play and what grade is she in?....Coach Wendy Weiss, at Caldwell, has a very fast pitcher, but I am not sure if she is the one in that area that can occasionally stroke one over the fence. This is kind of based on the fence distance...Example, Sophomore Meagan Godwin of Bridge City went 3 for 3 with two triples against Hardin-Jefferson this week. She hit the top of the fence twice, but in a lot of other parks they would have been home runs. Boy this is good info being posted!

Old Cardinal
03-13-2003, 08:40 AM
To Bulldogfan: How many homers has Pam Hoesen hit? What position does she play and what grade is she in?....Coach Wendy Weiss, at Caldwell, has a very fast pitcher, but I am not sure if she is the one in that area that can occasionally stroke one over the fence. This is kind of based on the fence distance...Example, Sophomore Meagan Godwin of Bridge City went 3 for 3 with two triples against Hardin-Jefferson this week. She hit the top of the fence twice, but in a lot of other parks they would have been home runs. Boy this is good info being posted!

Phil C
03-13-2003, 10:35 AM
If anyone ever hits a home run in the Sinton Lady Softball field it will be historical. I don't think anyone has ever done it here but I could be wrong. I know they haven't for several years. The reason is that we are in the Coastal Bend and our field faces from home plate outward in a Southeasternly direction and since most games are in the early evening and in this area at this time of year there is usually a breeze from the southeast and this wind has several times stopped a potential hit for a home run to fall on this side of the fence. It has also played havoc with hits that might have been fair but the win would catch the ball and push it over this side of the first base line and even the third base line. The field is what has been called a pitcher's field because of it. Now Odem's field faces the opposite way and is a hitter's dream. The Sinton baseball field has the same situation but the boys have been able to get several home run even though the wind still sometimes plays havoc with the ball there too.

Old Cardinal
03-14-2003, 02:32 PM
From the information that I can glean statewide, it looks like there are less than a dozen Girls that can hit home runs in the 3A ranks. All of them seem to have been trained by top Select team hitting instructors!......It is an interesting fact that the U. of Texas Softball team has 6 girls from the National Softball Championship, Katy Cruisers, Select team.... Coach Jim of the Katy Cruisers, is one of the best Hitting Instructors in the U.S.

Ranger Mom
03-14-2003, 07:55 PM
Savannah Neely - a FRESHMAN from Greenwood!! Has a few for this year - not as many as some others probably, but she is just a 9th grader!! Look for her to MAKE SOME NOISE in the future!!