PDA

View Full Version : Prejudice verses Racist

CenTexSports
12-13-2006, 02:42 PM
I have never had a thread closed but I could be on the brink.

I have lived in the South my whole life and as such I have been asked many times if I was prejudice. I have always answered yes. But I am not a racist. We all have preduices for food, people, and stuff. I don't see anything wrong with this. However, when it becomes racist (one race is better than another or all others) and you do thing to demean others then there is a problem.

My question: Is it possible in today's society, by definition, to maintain pride in your race and have prejudices but not be called a racist?

kaorder1999
12-13-2006, 02:43 PM
no....and yes it will be closed

pirate4state
12-13-2006, 02:43 PM
In short, NO.

Sad, but true.

You may get your wish for your first closed thread. We'll see if a civil conversation can take place. :thinking:

coach
12-13-2006, 02:44 PM
ur goin down the wrong path buddy but i can see were ur comin from....sorta

Blastoderm55
12-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Wow, this is tricky. It would help more to understand why you have prejudice and toward what. Also, what is your definition of prejudice and how does it differ from racism and stereotyping?

For reference, Prejudice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice), according to Wikipedia.

SWMustang
12-13-2006, 02:50 PM
why are we so afraid of the question? I don't take pride in my race - it's just how I was born. What I've accomplished in life, now that I do take pride in.

I also think anyone who was born here or takes pride in living in the Great State of Texas is of the same race as me.

Blastoderm55
12-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Personally, my pride in being a Hispanic does not come at the expense of Whites, Blacks, Asians, what have you. Dragging down others while building yourself and your heritage up should not create a euphoric sense of pride.

Macarthur
12-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Unfortunately, I think everyone holds some racists views.

I don't care who you are, but I think if someone says they have never had a racists thought, they are lying.

awizzy
12-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

I don't care who you are, but I think if someone says they have never had a racists thought, they are lying.

i agree with this 100%...but just bc someone had a racists thought does not make them a racists and does not mean he hates everyone of that race or even the person they were thinking about

pirate4state
12-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Agreed!!

I think we'll end it here. :)

Thanks Macarthur.