PDA

View Full Version : Colt Still Not Cleared To Play

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 02:28 PM
When talking to the media on Wednesday, Texas head coach Mack Brown reported that redshirt freshman Colt McCoy has not yet been cleared by the UT trainer Kenny Boyd to play in the Alamo Bowl and thus far in bowl workouts senior walk-on Matt McCoy has been working with the first-team offense, while sophomore Quan Cosby has been receiving a few snaps as a potential emergency quarterback. “We’d play Matt today if the game started (right now),” Brown said.

Macarthur
12-13-2006, 02:30 PM
You know, there is the potential that this type of injury can linger FOREVER. This could effect him his entire career.

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
You know, there is the potential that this type of injury can linger FOREVER. This could effect him his entire career. John Chiles next QB???

Adidas410s
12-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
John Chiles next QB???
Nope...Sherrod Harris

BreckTxLonghorn
12-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Nope...Sherrod Harris

For a year....the Brantley would take over.

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Nope...Sherrod Harris I think Sherrod will be a career backup.

Adidas410s
12-13-2006, 02:39 PM
I think Sherrod will be a career backup.

he has higher aspirations than you do....I think he'll be better than that!

coach
12-13-2006, 02:41 PM
man that sucks i had high hopes for mccoy....great kid and better competitor...it just showed you when he stepped back on the field after "that one hit" i wish him well and hope he is back in their for their bowl game

Macarthur
12-13-2006, 02:58 PM
there's rumors flying that Brantley will not be at Texas. He has strong ties to Florida and there is talk he will decommit and go with the Gators.

g$$
12-13-2006, 03:13 PM
John Chiles next QB???

My goodness, Colt has an injury & you are ready to throw him under the bus? He has 3 years left guys, & who knows if the injury will linger but I doubt it.

Brantley is not on campus yet, & I have heard also the decommit rumors. Harris is just not that good unless he has improved big-time. Chiles - great athlete who will change positions IMO.

Interesting QB stuff going at Texas...Mack is paying for being unable to get another qb on campus when VY had 2 years left.

Adidas410s
12-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by g$$
My goodness, Colt has an injury & you are ready to throw him under the bus? He has 3 years left guys, & who knows if the injury will linger but I doubt it.

Brantley is not on campus yet, & I have heard also the decommit rumors. Harris is just not that good unless he has improved big-time. Chiles - great athlete who will change positions IMO.

Interesting QB stuff going at Texas...Mack is paying for being unable to get another qb on campus when VY had 2 years left.

I remember hearing nothing but positive comments about Harris from coaches and fans alike...and many that thought the team might have been best off starting him "raw" at the position as opposed to Snead of Colt. Then again...this was before the season that Colt had...but I wouldn't think much has happened to change these perceptions.

eagles_victory
12-13-2006, 03:23 PM
John Chiles next QB??? hes not even going to play quarterback... i dont think i want a qb who cant lead his hs team out of the first round of the playoffs and is only in the playoffs bc 4 teams get in... much less he has an attitude problem

g$$
12-13-2006, 03:23 PM
I remember hearing nothing but positive comments about Harris from coaches and fans alike...and many that thought the team might have been best off starting him "raw" at the position as opposed to Snead of Colt. Then again...this was before the season that Colt had...but I wouldn't think much has happened to change these perceptions.

If Harris ends up being the starting QB at Texas (unless by default due to injury), then I will buy you dinner at your restaurant of choice. I do not see that happening. I never thought he was all that good dating back to hs.

Adidas410s
12-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by g$$
If Harris ends up being the starting QB at Texas (unless by default due to injury), then I will buy you dinner at your restaurant of choice. I do not see that happening. I never thought he was all that good dating back to hs.
I haven't seen him myself...so I'm just relying on the words of those who have a serious interest in Texas football. I have a rooting interest in that I will support most Texas teams...but I could tell you just as much about Texas as I could A&M. Now that I'm out of school and no longer have friends in the athletic programs at those schools...95% of what I hear comes from either a) media information and b) fan opinions. I've seen maybe 5 minutes (if even that) of tape on Harris...so trust me when I say I'm not grounded in my thoughts on the situation! ;)

g$$
12-13-2006, 03:36 PM
I haven't seen him myself...so I'm just relying on the words of those who have a serious interest in Texas football. I have a rooting interest in that I will support most Texas teams...but I could tell you just as much about Texas as I could A&M. Now that I'm out of school and no longer have friends in the athletic programs at those schools...95% of what I hear comes from either a) media information and b) fan opinions. I've seen maybe 5 minutes (if even that) of tape on Harris...so trust me when I say I'm not grounded in my thoughts on the situation! ;)

Fair enough. I am not at practice everyday either! I did see Harris in hs & was less than impressed. Not nearly as fast as I thought he would be. Guess we'll see what happens. Colt is the guy there for 3 more years barring injury.

Adidas410s
12-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Fair enough. I am not at practice everyday either! I did see Harris in hs & was less than impressed. Not nearly as fast as I thought he would be. Guess we'll see what happens. Colt is the guy there for 3 more years barring injury.

I sure hope Colt is the guy. Knew him when he was in HS and he really is as good of a guy as he appears to be through the eyes of the media.

Oh...and if and when Harris starts a game...I'll definitely hit you up for that dinner! ;)

g$$
12-13-2006, 04:04 PM
I sure hope Colt is the guy. Knew him when he was in HS and he really is as good of a guy as he appears to be through the eyes of the media.

Oh...and if and when Harris starts a game...I'll definitely hit you up for that dinner! ;)

Sounds good. I read an article that said McCoy, McGee, & Shipley are all big friends & like to hang out at Lake Travis together going back to hs days. I like McCoy & he seems to be a really fine kid. My buddy knows McGee from A&M/Football Academics & told me the 1st day he was on campus that this kid was special. Bob Shipley told me the same at the 7 on 7 2 years ago.

Nice to have 2 good kids leading the flagship universities. Much better than the Reggie McNeal & James Brown (& Ricky Williams, Tiki Hardeman, etc.) days! My 2 cents anyway!

Adidas410s
12-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Much better than the Reggie McNeal

Reggie McNeal = class A :mad: :mad: :mad: misdameanor that is! ;)

g$$
12-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Agreed, & if you have ever met his family you would understand why. So glad he is long gone.

coach
12-13-2006, 04:30 PM
he is a punk (female dog) anyone who treats his team like that and alma matter can go u know where and i have lost total respect for him and it's a shame he went to a&m....

Phil C
12-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by coach
he is a punk (female dog) anyone who treats his team like that and alma matter can go u know where and i have lost total respect for him and it's a shame he went to a&m....

He did try his best for A&M. Remember when he and the Aggies won that big game over Oklahoma. How soon we forget. Shame for Shame. :mad:

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
hes not even going to play quarterback... i dont think i want a qb who cant lead his hs team out of the first round of the playoffs and is only in the playoffs bc 4 teams get in... much less he has an attitude problem QB is going to be his position in the spring...

g$$
12-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
He did try his best for A&M. Remember when he and the Aggies won that big game over Oklahoma. How soon we forget. Shame for Shame. :mad:

McNeal is a thug, & Phil is certainly speaking tongue in cheek. Yes, he had 1 big win his freshman year. Good riddance Reggie!

Good luck staying out of jail w/ your Bengal teammates. Oh yeah, he is 1/8 arrested this year too!

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by g$$
McNeal is a thug, & Phil is certainly speaking tongue in cheek. Yes, he had 1 big win his freshman year. Good riddance Reggie!

Good luck staying out of jail w/ your Bengal teammates. Oh yeah, he is 1/8 arrested this year too! Summary of Aggy's.....reggie mcneal had some god games.....then he had some bad games then he is satan....

stephen mcgee has good games he is god now....the rest will be determined

g$$
12-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Summary of Aggy's.....reggie mcneal had some god games.....then he had some bad games then he is satan....

I never liked Reggie, & I do know him too, so quit generalizing about stuff you do not know. McGee is a good leader & great kid. Win or lose, I like that guy leading my team. He will only improve too over the next 2 years.

Don't put me in your all encompassing stereotypes. What school again did you attend? And lose the "AGGY" bush league stuff too. That is beyond tired & stupid. Did you learn that on hornfans.com?

Adidas410s
12-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Summary of Aggy's.....reggie mcneal had some god games.....then he had some bad games then he is satan....

As usual...you've totally missed the boat on the conversation!

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 04:58 PM
John Chiles is being recruited as an ATHLETE but he will be QB in the spring. He will be enrolled for the spring semester :)

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I never liked Reggie, & I do know him too, so quit generalizing about stuff you do not know. McGee is a good leader & great kid. Win or lose, I like that guy leading my team. He will only improve too over the next 2 years.

Don't put me in your all encompassing stereotypes. What school again did you attend? And lose the "AGGY" bush league stuff too. That is beyong tired. lol....

McGee is cool as hell. Spoken to him about 5 times.

Here is a FACT for you g$$

Stephen McGee doesn't even wash his own clothes or cleans his apartment himself. He has hotties that do it for him that just show up :)

g$$
12-13-2006, 05:00 PM
As usual...you've totally missed the boat on the conversation!

And none of us are surprised either! Tiger WR should stick to hopping on & off bandwagons. I bet his ankles & knees hurt from doing that so much.

g$$
12-13-2006, 05:02 PM
lol....

McGee is cool as hell. Spoken to him about 5 times.

Here is a FACT for you g$$

Stephen McGee doesn't even wash his own clothes or cleans his apartment himself. He has hotties that do it for him that just show up :)

Good for him, like him even more now. And again, don't put me in your stereotypes concerning McNeal. I never liked him one bit.

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Good for him, like him even more now. And again, don't put me in your stereotypes concerning McNeal. I never liked him one bit. deal buddy

Your lucky that your cool ;) :p

coach
12-13-2006, 05:03 PM
mcneil had so much potential and he threw it away

Adidas410s
12-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by coach
mcgee had so much potential and he threw it away

don't you mean McNeal? :confused:

g$$
12-13-2006, 05:04 PM
John Chiles is being recruited as an ATHLETE but he will be QB in the spring. He will be enrolled for the spring semester :)

I guess you read Rivals for that or did you call Mack to get the scoop? I bet you $$ he ends up at DB or WR soon.

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I guess you read Rivals for that or did you call Mack to get the scoop? I bet you $$ he ends up at DB or WR soon. Dawg I talked to Billy the other night.

Adidas410s
12-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I guess you read Rivals for that or did you call Mack to get the scoop? I bet you $$ he ends up at DB or WR soon.

you forget...Casey is a bandwagon leader!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Adidas410s
12-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Dawg I talked to Billy the other night.
So a player already knows what decision the coaches are going to make about Chiles before they've ever had him step foot on the Texas practice fields??? Come on now Casey...you don't always have to try to act like you know what you're talking about. It's ok just to speculate some times! ;)

Old Tiger
you forget...Casey is a bandwagon leader!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I don't bandwagon texas i'm actually a fan fan :)

g$$
you forget...Casey is a bandwagon leader!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

My bad!

Adidas410s
I don't bandwagon texas i'm actually a fan fan :)

yep....you've got the t-shirt to prove it! ;)

Old Tiger
So a player already knows what decision the coaches are going to make about Chiles before they've ever had him step foot on the Texas practice fields??? Come on now Casey...you don't always have to try to act like you know what you're talking about. It's ok just to speculate some times! ;) Maybe that is how I like to speculate and if I'm wrong I get to laugh at yall for rediculing me about my speculation

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 05:11 PM
yep....you've got the t-shirt to prove it! ;) Yup they're great! woohoo!

g$$
12-13-2006, 05:14 PM
So a player already knows what decision the coaches are going to make about Chiles before they've ever had him step foot on the Texas practice fields??? Come on now Casey...you don't always have to try to act like you know what you're talking about. It's ok just to speculate some times! ;)

Exactly!

And you know coaches never tell recruits what they want to hear either! "Sure son, you are a QB in our eyes."...August work-outs begin..."John, go with the WRs please, gotta get athletes like you on the field & not holding a clipboard."...couple of injuries later to DBs..."John, we now see you as future All Big 12 DB, so go with them today."

But hey, Billy P. said it!...

coach
12-13-2006, 05:15 PM
don't you mean McNeal? :confused:

lol yeah sorry im little tired went to bed at 3 this morning sorry ill fix it

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 05:17 PM
lolz @ you 2(adidas & g$$)

g$$
12-13-2006, 05:19 PM

Seriously, what does "LOLZ" mean? I really don't know.

Adidas410s

Casey...party of 1...Casey...party of 1

Adidas410s
Originally posted by g$$
Seriously, what does "LOLZ" mean? I really don't know.

lol = laugh out loud

lolz = casey acting like a kid/thug/high schooler/etc

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 05:21 PM
nah want to know why i said it?

g$$
12-13-2006, 05:32 PM
lol = laugh out loud

lolz = casey acting like a kid/thug/high schooler/etc

Thanks. Mature stuff there Tiger!

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 05:34 PM
You two took the bait. Gave me a chuckle today! I made the stuff up about john chiles and billy pittman.

However I really did hear that John will be a QB during the spring.

@ Adidas quit calling me by my real name

g$$
12-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Whatever buddy. The only laughing I hear is from the peanut gallery. Have a good day predicting & bandwagoning!

buff4life
12-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
there's rumors flying that Brantley will not be at Texas. He has strong ties to Florida and there is talk he will decommit and go with the Gators.

kinda hard to believe that when Tebow is doin so good there as a freshman...if mccoy is hurt indefinitely...TEXAS in an ideal place

Phil C
12-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by g$$
And lose the "AGGY" bush league stuff too. That is beyond tired & stupid. Did you learn that on hornfans.com?

That is absolutely right! It is the same with that "tu" mentality and should be cast into the sea of forgetfulness!

:mad: