PDA

View Full Version : Kids today....

kaorder1999
12-13-2006, 12:04 PM
We have been collecting for a "Silent Star" for two weeks now. its pretty much the same as the Angel Tree. In two weeks my class had collected a little ofer $5...very sad considering one of the things the 7 year old kid was asking for was a bike. I had to come with an idea to help raise money quick. I told my classes that if they wanted to "donate" $4 to the Star then they could use a 3x5 notecard on their final exam next week and could put any info on the card that they wanted. In the last two days we have no collected over $200.

Kids are all about "what do I get out of the deal" now more then ever! Sad!

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
We have been collecting for a "Silent Star" for two weeks now. its pretty much the same as the Angel Tree. In two weeks my class had collected a little ofer $5...very sad considering one of the things the 7 year old kid was asking for was a bike. I had to come with an idea to help raise money quick. I told my classes that if they wanted to "donate" $4 to the Star then they could use a 3x5 notecard on their final exam next week and could put any info on the card that they wanted. In the last two days we have no collected over $200.

Kids are all about "what do I get out of the deal" now more then ever! Sad! So what do I get out of it for reading this post? :D:D:D

Where are you at now KA? It slipped my mind.

AP Panther Fan
12-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

Kids are all about "what do I get out of the deal" now more then ever! Sad!

Unfortunately, it isn't just the kids, it is adults as well.

Recently, we had the town tree lighting and we had an excellent turn-out. It amazed me at first and then I realized...oh, it was because 6 bicycles were being given away. I know that sounds cynical and maybe I am wrong.:(