PDA

View Full Version : mustang04, I have a question

SintonFan
12-13-2006, 01:45 AM
I've seen these parts of obviously huge windmill pieces coming up IH 37 the last few weeks on stretched semis. Has your company been receiving parts from Corpus Christi, the Valley or even Mexico recently?
I have to admit that what I have seen is incredibly impressive just in parts( ie. 75'+ spans of a single wing).:cool:

STANG RED
12-13-2006, 07:39 AM
I know I'm not 04, but I am from Sweetwater and do drive through the wind farm every week or two on my way back and forth from Austin. I understand there are plans for several hundred more windmills in the area, but dont know whether any are being installed right now or not. I know the feild is slated to just keep continuing west along those hills and will end up at least as far west as Colorado City.
They are very impressive, as you mentioned. I think each blade is around 90' in length. It's pretty neat to drive through the wind farm and get an upclose look at them.

AP Panther Fan
12-13-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I've seen these parts of obviously huge windmill pieces coming up IH 37 the last few weeks on stretched semis. Has your company been receiving parts from Corpus Christi, the Valley or even Mexico recently?
I have to admit that what I have seen is incredibly impressive just in parts( ie. 75'+ spans of a single wing).:cool:

I saw on the news recently that the Port of Corpus Christi was going to be receiving these huge parts from Denmark (I believe) and from Corpus they would be headed to West Texas. I hope to see one of these trucks ... and someday see the fully assembled ones. :)

SintonFan
12-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Thanks yall. I've seen these trucks three weeks in a row now. Every one one of those parts look to be Godzilla scale.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-14-2006, 02:47 AM
It might be tomorrow before 04 answers you, I just saw him at the bar and well he was inebriated but heck who wasnt.

rundoe
12-14-2006, 06:34 AM
These trucks have been seen passing though Liberty Hill heading west on 29 for months also.

Biggest blades I have ever seen. Usually three trucks in a row!!!!