PDA

View Full Version : Butch Ford to SLC

mr.leopard man
12-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Wouldnt that be something if money is right.. he might consider it if he could take most of his staff.. but he may want to finish at Celina.. i think he is something like 70-4 since at Celina at HC.

BobcatBenny
12-12-2006, 11:10 PM
I doubt the SLC kids could handle Coach Ford.

Also it is tougher to recruit in 5A! :p

WildTexan
12-12-2006, 11:10 PM
they don't pay 6 figures at SLC so he would not get much of a raise to go up in class like that.....he'd only get like a $20k raise or so....probably not enough to make the change

Old Tiger
12-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I doubt the SLC kids could handle Coach Ford.

Also it is tougher to recruit in 5A! :p SLC doesn't have to recruit...they just come

BobcatBenny
12-12-2006, 11:13 PM
I'll tell ya what. I'll take the job at SLC for the extra $20K.

Dragon Benny! :D

Old Tiger
12-12-2006, 11:13 PM
WO-S coach to SLC

You heard it here first

setxsports
12-12-2006, 11:15 PM
:D Na. He'll retire at WOS within 4 years.

kaorder1999
12-12-2006, 11:15 PM
mesquite is real big on hiring former mesquite coaches. they like to take care of their own

Old Tiger
12-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Well....

Cuero Coach to SLC

You heard it here first!

Alaska cat
12-13-2006, 01:54 AM
Coach Ford is dedicated to Celina, he has been there for 25 years, has a home there...I doubt he would move..BUT....the total system is so similar as a total package from Pee Wees through high school it would make a match in heaven.

SLC would be hard pressed to find any one better to run the overall system.

Old Green
12-13-2006, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Well....

Cuero Coach to SLC

You heard it here first! I think he's had a enough of the Metroplex:p

bobcat1
12-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
I think he's had a enough of the Metroplex:p
You sound like you might actually know him with that statement.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-13-2006, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
Coach Ford is dedicated to Celina, he has been there for 25 years, has a home there...I doubt he would move..BUT....the total system is so similar as a total package from Pee Wees through high school it would make a match in heaven.

SLC would be hard pressed to find any one better to run the overall system.

If the money is right. He would seem to fit the bill!

BobcatBenny
12-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Obviously, since there is not a better coach in the state, any team would be fortunate to have Butch Ford as their head coach.

But there is a dark secret here in Celina. And because I am revealling this, I will probably have to go into hiding.

People think we recruit players here for the football team. But the truth is, Coach Ford and the coaching staff are cannibals. They like the taste of raw recruits!

Get in their bellies! :D

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Obviously, since there is not a better coach in the state, any team would be fortunate to have Butch Ford as their head coach.

But there is a dark secret here in Celina. And because I am revealling this, I will probably have to go into hiding.

People think we recruit players here for the football team. But the truth is, Coach Ford and the coaching staff are cannibals. They like the taste of raw recruits!

Get in their bellies! :D

Benny shh shh, they're coming hide hide!!!!!!!

Adidas410s
12-13-2006, 12:34 PM
SLC wouldn't consider Ford. His schemes wouldn't work in 5A...as the level of athletes on the opposite side of the ball would a) swallow up the Celina offense and b) blow right past the 10-1 defense.

The favorite for this job is Joey Florence from Denton Ryan. :)

bobcat1
12-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
SLC wouldn't consider Ford. His schemes wouldn't work in 5A...as the level of athletes on the opposite side of the ball would a) swallow up the Celina offense and b) blow right past the 10-1 defense.

The favorite for this job is Joey Florence from Denton Ryan. :)
At the first of the year it wasn't supposed to work in 3A either.:thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1

They did not work Bobcat1. We still have not played anybody yet.

BobcatBenny
12-13-2006, 12:56 PM
ROFL

Adidas410s
12-13-2006, 01:05 PM

Ignore the haters...I think Celina's record over the 2 years it was previously in 3A showed that it could work. However, very few people would compare the athletes and speed on an average 3A team to that of an average 5A team. Also, with so many 5A teams in this area spreading the ball around as much as they do...that would also put a strain on the 10-1. Heck...against Colleyville Heritage last Saturday I watched SLC run a few series in a 1-10 formation!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

WildTexan
12-13-2006, 01:25 PM
they always speak of the 10-1 like that is all this team plays....and some of these guys even go to the games and know better....

FACT: the SLC athletes would be better so any defense Butch put on the field would perform at a higher level....
FACT: if they hire Florence the streak will end as he has not done all that much at Ryan....his move up to 5A was mediocre at best, and now his run in 4A is nothing to write home about....

Ledbetter should shock the state....he should go down and hire the coach from the only team to beat SLC in 5A - the Katy HC

There - you heard it here 1st from the MAIN BRAIN in the state...

Katy needs to start interviewing cause their HC is movin north....

(they would get the Highland Park coach but SLC does not allow those funny hats on the sidelines)

Txbroadcaster
12-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan
they always speak of the 10-1 like that is all this team plays....and some of these guys even go to the games and know better....

FACT: the SLC athletes would be better so any defense Butch put on the field would perform at a higher level....
FACT: if they hire Florence the streak will end as he has not done all that much at Ryan....his move up to 5A was mediocre at best, and now his run in 4A is nothing to write home about....

Ledbetter should shock the state....he should go down and hire the coach from the only team to beat SLC in 5A - the Katy HC

There - you heard it here 1st from the MAIN BRAIN in the state...

Katy needs to start interviewing cause their HC is movin north....

(they would get the Highland Park coach but SLC does not allow those funny hats on the sidelines)

So the State Titles Florence won count as mediocre?

WildTexan
12-13-2006, 02:06 PM
don't argue with me when I am trying to make a ridiculous prediction.....good grief don't you understand you are to bow down to whatever hairbrained schemes I come up with?

icu812
12-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Rumor has it Gilmer's Jeff Traylor is leaving to go.................somewhere

WildTexan
12-13-2006, 03:16 PM
surely SLC would not take a guy at Gilmer that has as much talent as ANY team in the state and can't win a bidistrict game....bad coaching HAS to be part of that collapse....

icu812
12-13-2006, 04:52 PM
surely SLC would not take a guy at Gilmer that has as much talent as ANY team in the state and can't win a bidistrict game....bad coaching HAS to be part of that collapse....

Well....LE may end up the state champ and he did win a state championship 2 yrs. ago. His offensive system is outstanding and he seems to do it with a different qb every year. But yes they should have won state, and nobody can defend his coaching job on defense. I can't see him going to SLC or anywhere else (he's got a good thing in Gilmer).

I think Celina's coach should go to SLC as soon as possible :D

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Well....LE may end up the state champ and he did win a state championship 2 yrs. ago. His offensive system is outstanding and he seems to do it with a different qb every year. But yes they should have won state, and nobody can defend his coaching job on defense. I can't see him going to SLC or anywhere else (he's got a good thing in Gilmer).

I think Celina's coach should go to SLC as soon as possible :D Yea right....Robinson fool!

sic'em
12-13-2006, 06:40 PM
i dont see butch ever leaving northeast denton/northwest collin county. he has one of the nicest places on lake ray roberts.
BUT, there is a certain coach still living just south of there in mustang who has won a couple of games and doesnt have a job right now. (i thought i would throw something out as crazy as wild texan)

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by sic'em
i dont see butch ever leaving northeast denton/northwest collin county. he has one of the nicest places on lake ray roberts.
BUT, there is a certain coach still living just south of there in mustang who has won a couple of games and doesnt have a job right now. (i thought i would throw something out as crazy as wild texan)

I saw G A at the Pilot Point game and in an interview he said he
was happy doin what he is doin. When I saw him at Bboro he looked quite content to watch. He was sittin 2 rows behind me.

sic'em
12-13-2006, 06:55 PM
i really dont think he will ever coach again, i was just throwin something crazy out there.
even if he wanted to, i think he would have to go stand before some kind of trial in austin before the uil before he could coach again, b/c of the fallout of the ineligible player thing at PP when he left/retired/whatever you want to call it.
seriously, i think the gilmer coach would be a good pick by slc, i have never met him, but all of the coaches here in ennis i have talked to speak very highly of him. their staff has come down here several times over the past few years to talk shop

IHStangFan
12-13-2006, 06:56 PM
they don't pay 6 figures at SLC so he would not get much of a raise to go up in class like that.....he'd only get like a $20k raise or so....probably not enough to make the change ONLY a 20K raise? I have a question...do you work? or are you a lotto winner? cause a 20K increase to ANYONE'S yearly salary is significant.

lostaussie
12-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Rumor has it Gilmer's Jeff Traylor is leaving to go.................somewhere i wondered how long before this was said:thinking:

WTF-82
12-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by mr.leopard man
Wouldnt that be something if money is right.. he might consider it if he could take most of his staff.. but he may want to finish at Celina.. i think he is something like 70-4 since at Celina at HC.

I dont think the Athletic Director at SLC would bring in a run first
system like Celina. They will bring in someone or hire inhouse that has the system that Dodge runs no one runs it to perfection like SLC does. To run all day in 5-A is very hard you need balance I will say Celina does have balance but I just feel the SLC kids love there system and they are very succesfull with it I see them
trying to keep things the same.

WTF-82
12-14-2006, 11:23 AM

Sure it was 3-A team with a little balance it would and is working great many teams run.

I just takes much more balance in 5-A there are so many great athletes it takes so much more scheme and
QB play is so important to throw, you can run in this level but you have to be able to pass I am not just talking about play action passing eighther just to try and burn someone.

kaorder1999
12-14-2006, 11:32 AM
SLC will not hire anyone who isnt running Dodge's style of offense....wont happen

WildTexan
12-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
ONLY a 20K raise? I have a question...do you work? or are you a lotto winner? cause a 20K increase to ANYONE'S yearly salary is significant.

not to go from TOP DOG and king of the town to being the HC and answering to an AD....but then again, at my level I guess 20K just is not worth all that to me.....if he was making 25k and was going to almost double, I guess that would matter, but in this case he is doing very well, and he OWNS the Celina football system from 3rd grade up, so it is a pretty good gig for him....

on a side note....just for grins....do many other coaches have as much state title experience as Butch does? he has been around 7 titles here in Celina, and 2 in PP, so that is a pretty good experience level in what it takes to perform in the big game...

and as for Elliot as the OC...he was not so good when he bumped up after GA left, but he is doing a pretty dang good job these days....after being one to complain before, I figure I owe him a public pat on the back for becoming pretty dang good at what he does now....

kaorder1999
12-14-2006, 12:15 PM
actually..Butch Ford has been a part of 8 titles (5 as an assistant in Celina and 2 as an assistant in Pilot Point and 1 as a head coach in celina)...according to DMN. So that would make 6 he was involved in at Celina...not seven. But hey....who's counting? And..the DMN has been wrong before!

"watch out"

Adidas410s
12-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
SLC will not hire anyone who isnt running Dodge's style of offense....wont happen

true...just like Celina would only hire somebody running the GA system. When you have a system that works that's been installed all the way down into the pee wee levels...you don't bring somebody in that would change it. If you do, then you'll go the way of the Permian Panthers! :(

sic'em
12-14-2006, 06:40 PM
kaorder is right butch graduated from pilot point 1969, went to college, came back to pp to coach in 1972 or 1973 and stayed until they all left for sherman in 1986. jerry jones was on that '74 celina staff though. :) btw, lovie smith was on the big sandy team that celina tied in the '74 class b champ