PDA

View Full Version : LH vs Hondo - Tailgate in San Antonio

lhpantherdad
12-12-2006, 06:42 PM
We are going to tailgate again! :cheerl:

We are planning on being there be there around noon and bring the popup camper, so we can have a restroom. Bring your camp chairs and favorite drinks. Should we start a list of who brings what this time?

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2006, 06:47 PM
A list is good. And we should combine all into one. :)

AP Panther Fan
12-12-2006, 06:51 PM
This cracks me up....soooo, are LHPM and LHPD in the same house posting on different computers? And if you have a disagreement on the downlow, does that count as a "real" fight?:D

j/k I can see LHPD doesn't post enough to argue with anyone...;) :D

luvhoops34
12-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Yea and if she gets mad at him can she ROM him???:D

District303aPastPlayer
12-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34

thats funny

wimbo_pro
I heard that LHPantherDad yelled at LHPantherMom, just when APpantherFan and PantherOne was .....no wait....actually...it was PantherOne who was talking to LHPantherMom just when APpantherMom....no, no , no...LHmom was in this somewhere....let me re-think this.....ummm......

LH Panther Mom
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
This cracks me up....soooo, are LHPM and LHPD in the same house posting on different computers? And if you have a disagreement on the downlow, does that count as a "real" fight?:D

ROFL! No, he's at work. :D

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2006, 07:40 PM
I would make p4s do it. :D

pirate4state
12-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I would make p4s do it. :D

:eek: :eek:

*makes note to get money from LHPD to keep him on the board*

;)

We need a list!! I love lists!! :nerd: What should we have? Burgers/hotdogs/Fajitas????

Chris Hart
12-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
[B

;)

We need a list!! I love lists!! :nerd: What should we have? Burgers/hotdogs/Fajitas???? [/B] We could wait until after the game to eat, the Owl meat will already be cooked:D

wimbo_pro
12-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
We could wait until after the game to eat, the Owl meat will already be cooked:D

ouch....

pirate4state
12-12-2006, 08:08 PM
We could wait until after the game to eat, the Owl meat will already be cooked:D ROFL! booTsy is gonna be mad at this comment. :p ;)

CenTexSports
12-12-2006, 08:12 PM
You have people coming from all around the state. To get a a taste of the whole state just have everybody pick up some road kill on the way to SA and cook up what's brought. RM might even bring some rattlesnake.

wimbo_pro
12-12-2006, 08:16 PM
I could bring some turkey!!!!hehehehehe

gobbler grad
12-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I could bring some turkey!!!!hehehehehe

:mad: :mad: you very funny...:foul: :D

Bandera YaYa
12-12-2006, 09:10 PM
The game starts at 4, right??

bjrod9
12-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
The game starts at 4, right??

Yes Mam, I hear lots of Hondo folk leaving around 10:30 to stadium, I can hardly wait, hope to meeting some of the fellow downlowers

Bandera YaYa
12-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by bjrod9
Yes Mam, I hear lots of Hondo folk leaving around 10:30 to stadium, I can hardly wait, hope to meeting some of the fellow downlowers 10:30!!! Are you kidding?? Whoa, that's early!!!! Do they think the stadium won't hold them all??

bjrod9
12-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
10:30!!! Are you kidding?? Whoa, that's early!!!! Do they think the stadium won't hold them all??

i think there will be alot of folks standing, they are putting our band in the endzone somewhere, i believe there are seats there.
The band alone is about 145-170 people. Who knows? I am just hoping to watch some good football.

Ranger Mom
12-12-2006, 09:50 PM
12:00???

I am gonna have to leave at the crack of dawn then!!

Tell me what I need to bring that can withstand 5-6 hours in a vehicle and still arrive edible (or drinkable)!!

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Tell me what I need to bring that can withstand 5-6 hours in a vehicle and still arrive edible (or drinkable)!!
We'll still be going until probably 2:15-2:30. :)

Ranger Mom
12-12-2006, 10:00 PM

I will HAVE to be there when it starts...you know me, I can't stand the thought that I might be missing out on something!!:D

SintonFan
12-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Are there gonna be cowbells at the tailgator?:eek:

pirate4state
12-12-2006, 10:03 PM

Tell me what I need to bring that can withstand 5-6 hours in a vehicle and still arrive edible (or drinkable)!! Bring water. :)

I'm gonna leave Sinton at 10am :eek: :eek: The horror!!

I'll bring cookies and whatever else we need. :)

Ranger Mom
12-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Bring water. :)

Do you realize what just the thought of having all that water will DO TO ME??

We will NEVER make it there on time!!:D :D

pirate4state
12-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Do you realize what just the thought of having all that water will DO TO ME??

We will NEVER make it there on time!!:D :D

:doh: :doh: Come chat!

Ranger Mom
12-12-2006, 10:17 PM
:doh: :doh: Come chat!

Well that was real nice...tell me to come chat, and you aren't even there yourself!!!:mad: :mad:

gobbler grad
12-12-2006, 10:26 PM
think I'll be there for the tailgater...but first, gotta stop off at Cheesey Jane's for a good ol' burger...damn they're good...:D :D :D

SintonFan
12-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
think I'll be there for the tailgater...but first, gotta stop off at Cheesey Jane's for a good ol' burger...damn they're good...:D :D :D
I love their jalapeno fries, too. And their shakes aren't half-bad either. :clap:

44INAROW
12-13-2006, 12:15 AM
dang I can't believe I "have" to be the dutiful daughter and take my mom to my neices birthday party in Seguin that day :( I do think Mr44 and Lil44 will make the game though.... I bet they don't leave at the beginning of the 4th quarter of this game :rolleyes: Can't believe we did that.. at the LH vs Giddings game:( Any idea what station it will be broadcast on? I'll be in Seguin so I should be able to pick up an Austin or San Antonio AM station from there. The good thing is my brother is making a huge batch of his famous Shrimp Gumbo :D :D :D Gobbler Grad - you and the Mrs going? Talk to Mr44 at Booster Club tomorrow - maybe ya'll can "carpool" :)

SintonFan
12-13-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
The good thing is my brother is making a huge batch of his famous Shrimp Gumbo :D :D :D
:eek:
Forget the tailgating thing! When is he gonna make the Shrimp Gumbo!:( :doh:

44INAROW
12-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
:eek:
Forget the tailgating thing! When is he gonna make the Shrimp Gumbo!:( :doh:

suppposed to eat about 5:00 on Saturday afternoon - we'll be in Seguin.. give me a call :) it is SOOOO GOOD

SintonFan
12-13-2006, 01:06 AM
suppposed to eat about 5:00 on Saturday afternoon - we'll be in Seguin.. give me a call :) it is SOOOO GOOD
I know I know... I've heard and that's why I posted THAT.:inlove: :D
(your description alone sent me into a frenzy until I made my way to Acadiana's that weekend lol)

Boosty_Hondo
12-13-2006, 01:12 AM
We could wait until after the game to eat, the Owl meat will already be cooked:D

no but im pretty sure u can go scrape some panther off the turf because hondo WILL be running over them all night if not then we will jsut have to fly

thatsminty
12-13-2006, 01:16 AM
nice!! this seems exciting!!

SintonFan
12-13-2006, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by thatsminty
nice!! this seems exciting!!
Then just come on over and meet everyone. I'm sure they are pretty cool.:cool:

pirate4state
12-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
no but im pretty sure u can go scrape some panther off the turf because hondo WILL be running over them all night if not then we will jsut have to fly hahahahahahahaha....have i told yout lately how funny you are?? :p :p

thatsminty
12-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Then just come on over and meet everyone. I'm sure they are pretty cool.:cool:

oh I've met those who are thus far important :P

question is though, would you want to meet me? ;)

lhpantherdad
12-13-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Yep...she has her computer and I have mine. We actually do see each other, in person, from time to time! LOL

Hey! I'm up to nearly a dozen posts now...give me a break! ;)

SintonFan
12-13-2006, 01:30 AM
hahahahahahahaha....have i told yout lately how funny you are?? :p :p
Hondo has a great chance at beating LH. If they play like they did against Wimberley, watch out.:eek: It's gonna be a great semi-final match-up!:clap: :clap:

lhpantherdad
12-13-2006, 01:34 AM

She could ROM me, but I know how to cut off her wireless access...LOL

Now then we'd have a fight! ;)

SintonFan
12-13-2006, 01:35 AM
Hondo has a great chance at beating LH. If they play like they did against Wimberley, watch out.:eek: It's gonna be a great semi-final match-up!:clap: :clap:
I think LH posters outnumber Hondo posters(is that possible? lol) here so I'll be rooting for them from here on out.:nerd:

thatsminty
12-13-2006, 01:36 AM
lolz ive met lhpd!! :o

SintonFan
12-13-2006, 01:37 AM
oh I've met those who are thus far important :P

question is though, would you want to meet me? ;)
Only if you agree to meet everyone. These folks aren't like goth freaks or anything...:D :p

pirate4state
12-13-2006, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by lhpantherdad
She could ROM me, but I know how to cut off her wireless access...LOL

Now then we'd have a fight! ;)

wow - what are you doing up??? :eek: :eek:

or what i am still doing up!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh----sleep has failed me :weeping:

CHS_CG
12-13-2006, 09:12 AM
I will be leaving Caldwell about 9 am... *GOOD LORD THATS EARLY*

52madmidget
12-13-2006, 09:28 AM
This is a game I definitley want to see, but I just found out last night that my Mom bought our whole family tickets to see Storyville at Antones in Austin. Sorry LHpanthermom and dad. I will be supporting ya'll from the front of the stage. PantherMom, I will have my cell on me, so make sure to text me updates when you can. Go Panthers!!! But dont forget about my Hippos. . . . for next year that is!!

DefensiveHippo

pirate4state
12-13-2006, 11:51 AM
What should everyone bring???

lhpantherdad - grill & RV
p4s - cookies, chips & dips
Ranger Mom - case of bottled water
wimbo_pro - himself, i mean a turkey

Who wants to sign up for the following:

Meat -
Tortillas/Bread -
Buns -
Drinks -
Ice -
Pickles, Mustard, Mayo -
Onion, Lettuce, Toms -
Soft Drinks -
Chili for hot dogs -

No one has said what they want so just bring your favorite dish I guess. :confused:

firstcat
12-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey! When ya'll all arrive, find the big RV with the big pit beside it. We'll be tailgating as usual, and would really like to combine with the Downlow to make it one huge party! We all just bring what our families want on the grill, and then throw in a loaf of bread, chips, etc.

We are following the bus down, so we're leaving LH at 9:45 sharp!!!!!!

See ya'll there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HONDO HOOO????????????

Alaska cat
12-13-2006, 02:59 PM
If Hondo happens to win....where might the location be that Celina has to go to beat them in the final?
:thinking:

thatsminty
12-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by 52madmidget
This is a game I definitley want to see, but I just found out last night that my Mom bought our whole family tickets to see Storyville at Antones in Austin. Sorry LHpanthermom and dad. I will be supporting ya'll from the front of the stage. PantherMom, I will have my cell on me, so make sure to text me updates when you can. Go Panthers!!! But dont forget about my Hippos. . . . for next year that is!!

DefensiveHippo

I forgot about this sat. and ya'lls storyville thing.
I'd go to this game if I wasn't poor and going by myself :( *le tear*

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
If Hondo happens to win....where might the location be that Celina has to go to beat them in the final?
:thinking:
Go talk about it on the game thread. THIS is a FOOD thread. :p

CHS_CG
12-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Ill bring buns.. how many should i get and hamburger or hotdog??

TexDoc
12-13-2006, 03:55 PM
I have officiated for both of these teams this year. They are both very talented and very well coached. It should be a great game.

Wish I could be there to watch. I lucked out with another game this week.

pirate4state
12-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Ill bring buns.. how many should i get and hamburger or hotdog??

I'd say bring hotdog buns. Sounds like everyone just wants to bring easy stuff. Why don't you bring like a big package of weiners & hotdog buns?? Sound okay?

CHS_CG
12-13-2006, 04:07 PM
I'd say bring hotdog buns. Sounds like everyone just wants to bring easy stuff. Why don't you bring like a big package of weiners & hotdog buns?? Sound okay?

well if i bring weiners then ill have to take a cooler... dont want them sittn in my car

pirate4state
12-13-2006, 04:12 PM
well if i bring weiners then ill have to take a cooler... dont want them sittn in my car there are stores in SA!! :doh:

CHS_CG
12-13-2006, 04:21 PM
there are stores in SA!! :doh:

im not stoppin in SA.. I will get lost.. and im not jokin

Ranger Mom
12-13-2006, 04:23 PM
I told my husband we needed to leave around 7:00...he said that is fine with him. He said we could leave at 5:00 if I wanted.

I think he is just ready to get away from all the kids.

Heck....if it didn't mean leaving our puppies for 2 nights...I wouldn't be surprised if we left Friday!

pirate4state
12-13-2006, 04:24 PM
im not stoppin in SA.. I will get lost.. and im not jokin okay - i have another plan check IM ;)

CHS_CG
12-13-2006, 04:28 PM
I told my husband we needed to leave around 7:00...he said that is fine with him. He said we could leave at 5:00 if I wanted.

I think he is just ready to get away from all the kids.

Heck....if it didn't mean leaving our puppies for 2 nights...I wouldn't be surprised if we left Friday!

BRING THEM WITH YALL.. I WANNA SEE MY FATBOY!

44INAROW
12-13-2006, 04:41 PM
im not stoppin in SA.. I will get lost.. and im not jokin

Lena - you'll drive right past Rolling Oaks Mall on 1604 (on the right hand side - about a mile after you get off 35 onto 1604) - can't miss it......... then get back on 1604 and head to the stadium

Ranger Mom
12-13-2006, 04:43 PM
BRING THEM WITH YALL.. I WANNA SEE MY FATBOY!

I can't leave them locked in a hotel room that long....he is a yapper!!

Bandera YaYa
12-13-2006, 07:56 PM
im not stoppin in SA.. I will get lost.. and im not jokin You will be going right by a HEB..it's right by the stadium!

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2006, 09:50 PM
What should everyone bring???

lhpantherdad - grill & pop-up
p4s - cookies, chips & dips
Ranger Mom - case of bottled water
wimbo_pro - himself, i mean a turkey

Who wants to sign up for the following:

Meat - sausage for wraps - lhpd & lhpm
Tortillas/Bread - tortillas - lhpd & lhpm
Buns -
Drinks -
Ice -
Pickles, Mustard, Mayo -
Onion, Lettuce, Toms -
Soft Drinks -
Chili for hot dogs -

No one has said what they want so just bring your favorite dish I guess. :confused:

Originally posted by firstcat
Hey! When ya'll all arrive, find the big RV with the big pit beside it. We'll be tailgating as usual, and would really like to combine with the Downlow to make it one huge party! We all just bring what our families want on the grill, and then throw in a loaf of bread, chips, etc.

We are following the bus down, so we're leaving LH at 9:45 sharp!!!!!!

See ya'll there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HONDO HOOO????????????
I totally agree with that! Do we need the little grill too or is the pit big enough?

rundoe
12-13-2006, 10:08 PM
will be just a little behind you firstcat, save us three places.

My sign is going to say: Panthers The Band of Brothers!!!!!

LHMom
12-13-2006, 10:16 PM
dang I can't believe I "have" to be the dutiful daughter and take my mom to my neices birthday party in Seguin that day :( I do think Mr44 and Lil44 will make the game though.... I bet they don't leave at the beginning of the 4th quarter of this game :rolleyes: Can't believe we did that.. at the LH vs Giddings game:( Any idea what station it will be broadcast on? I'll be in Seguin so I should be able to pick up an Austin or San Antonio AM station from there. The good thing is my brother is making a huge batch of his famous Shrimp Gumbo :D :D :D Gobbler Grad - you and the Mrs going? Talk to Mr44 at Booster Club tomorrow - maybe ya'll can "carpool" :)

I too have to be a dutiful daughter on Saturday and will be at my family's Christmas celebration near Ft. Worth. It's KILLING me, but I gotta go or deal with months of guilt trips... But I will be there (wherever it is) to watch the Panthers in the state championship on the 23rd.

Everybody yell loud for me on Saturday.

52madmidget
12-13-2006, 10:57 PM
I forgot about this sat. and ya'lls storyville thing.
I'd go to this game if I wasn't poor and going by myself :( *le tear*

minty, I have 15 bucks for you to go to storyville with us on saturday if you like. I got your back sis.

J

firstcat
12-14-2006, 09:35 AM
I totally agree with that! Do we need the little grill too or is the pit big enough?

The pit is a big competition pit, but it never hurts if you want to bring a smaller (back-yard) type just in case!

stangGirl2007
12-14-2006, 04:52 PM
I can't believe my dad dosen't want to go all the way to San Antonio this weekend.:rolleyes: What kind of weekend is it without a football game??:eek:

rundoe
12-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
I too have to be a dutiful daughter on Saturday and will be at my family's Christmas celebration near Ft. Worth. It's KILLING me, but I gotta go or deal with months of guilt trips... But I will be there (wherever it is) to watch the Panthers in the state championship on the 23rd.

Everybody yell loud for me on Saturday.

Just deal with the guilt trips, you can do it!!!!!! You can text them the scores, lol
:devil: