PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young coverboy for SI this week...

g$$
12-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Vince Young is the coverboy for Sports Illustrated this week in the edition coming out tomorrow.

Cover says "Four in a Row" & caption reads "I can do whatever it takes to win."

Good for VY. Anybody seen David Carr on any covers lately? Just wondering! :doh:

Txbroadcaster
12-12-2006, 04:55 PM
I saw him on the cover of road kill monthly

un b weavable
12-12-2006, 04:56 PM
:dispntd:

Phil C
12-12-2006, 04:57 PM
OMG Titans may lose this week. The cover store jinx.

turbostud
12-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Poor poor Texans, they messed up bad for not taking VY or RB.
A guy I work with is a Texans fan and he is totally in shock. He and his brother got in a major argument yesterday about the whole thing. Of course it didnt help that I was rubbing salt in the wounds. :D

edited for content

stxfootballfan
12-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Poor poor Texans, they messed up bad for not taking VY or RB.
A guy I work with is a Texans fan and he is totally in shock. He and his brother got in a major argument yesterday about the whole thing. Of course it didnt help that I was rubbing salt in the wounds. :D

Are you crazy they didnt mess up look at these stats:
Mario Williams
G Solo Ast Total Sack YdsL

13 27 9 36 4.5 21

Thats more than an mess up!

edited for content

turbostud
12-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
Are you crazy they didnt mess up look at these stats:
Mario Williams
G Solo Ast Total Sack YdsL

13 27 9 36 4.5 21

Thats more than an mess up!
Who's more worried?
The Texans having to play VY twice a year.
Or the Titans having to play Mario Williams twice a year.
I'm not saying MW was a bad pick just that the Texans could have had the hometown kid, taken tons of revenue and fans away from Jerry Jones instead of giving it to him, and had the whole city of Houston on the Texans bandwagon. I would give anything to hear what the Houston Sports Radio guys are saying this week.

g$$
12-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Who's more worried?
The Texans having to play VY twice a year.
Or the Titans having to play Mario Williams twice a year.
I'm not saying MW was a bad pick just that the Texans could have had the hometown kid, taken tons of revenue and fans away from Jerry Jones instead of giving it to him, and had the whole city of Houston on the Texans bandwagon. I would give anything to hear what the Houston Sports Radio guys are saying this week.

Yes, sports talk is busy, & I live here too. Listen on-line for the scoop. I would say 90% hate Carr, 10% defend him.

And everyone is mad at decisions by Casserley, etc. It is lively & spirited this week no doubt.

www.sportsradio610.com
www.790thesportsanimal.com

Bull Butter
12-12-2006, 07:22 PM
in Carr's defense, put Vince Young behind the Texans O Line and he won't be near as successful as he is right now in Tenn. If you're Vince, would you REALLY have wanted to play in Houston behind that line? Did he not see the beating Carr has taken the last 5 years?

Casserly & McNair both ought to be shot. Casserly for making the draft choice then bolting the next day and McNair for letting him stick around long enough to screw it up.

un b weavable
12-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
in Carr's defense, put Vince Young behind the Texans O Line and he won't be near as successful as he is right now in Tenn. If you're Vince, would you REALLY have wanted to play in Houston behind that line? Did he not see the beating Carr has taken the last 5 years?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

g$$
12-12-2006, 07:26 PM

Casserly & McNair both ought to be shot. Casserly for making the draft choice then bolting the next day and McNair for letting him stick around long enough to screw it up.

Agreed, the Texans have a bad O-line, now missing 3 starters too. But Tennessee is not regarded as having one much better. VY just makes them ok.

Tennessee has run the ball much better than Houston this year though. Agreed on the Texans mgmt. problems as well.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-12-2006, 07:29 PM
in Carr's defense, put Vince Young behind the Texans O Line and he won't be near as successful as he is right now in Tenn.

I Disagree.....I say that just leads to more busted plays which gives him more opportunities to make game changing runs like this past week. It gets Houston fans excited and brings in more fans. And leads to a really good situation for Houston and VY fans.

turbostud
12-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Yes, sports talk is busy, & I live here too. Listen on-line for the scoop. I would say 90% hate Carr, 10% defend him.

And everyone is mad at decisions by Casserley, etc. It is lively & spirited this week no doubt.

www.sportsradio610.com
www.790thesportsanimal.com
I worked in Houston all Summer and the radio guys were lively then about the Texans and Rockets.. I bet it is very lively and spirited. I will listen tomorrow.