PDA

View Full Version : Greatest College Stadiums Tonight ESPN2 @ 5:30 PM...Kyle Field, etc.

g$$
12-12-2006, 04:09 PM
FYI:

Kyle Field Featured on ESPN's Honor Roll: Greatest Stadiums

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

COLLEGE STATION, Texas- Texas A&M’s Kyle Field will be one of the featured stadiums on ESPN’s series Honor Roll: Greatest Stadiums. The show will air on ESPN2 on Tuesday, Dec. 12 at 5:30 p.m. (central).

Adidas410s
12-12-2006, 04:11 PM
dang it i'm gonna be late getting home for this one...i'm sure it will re-air though! ;)

Phil C
12-12-2006, 04:14 PM
I may not be able to watch it so someone please list them (including honorable mentions) and post the results. :)

Adidas410s
Originally posted by Phil C
I may not be able to watch it so someone please list them (including honorable mentions) and post the results. :)

NO HONORABLE MENTIONS!!! :mad:

g$$
Just surprised Jones SBC Stadium in Lubbock was not listed too!!
A.K.A "the Pirate Ship" ;)

Adidas410s
12-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Just surprised Jones SBC Stadium in Lubbock was not listed too!!
A.K.A "the Pirate Ship" ;)

Leach and his shipmates might not be too happy. Things could get ugly in Bristol. The one that I bet makes the list that I don't think should is the Orange Bowl. Yes it has a lot of bowl significance...but it's a joke of a home stadium for Miami. They rarely fill that place up.

g$$
12-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Leach and his shipmates might not be too happy. Things could get ugly in Bristol. The one that I bet makes the list that I don't think should is the Orange Bowl. Yes it has a lot of bowl significance...but it's a joke of a home stadium for Miami. They rarely fill that place up.

Orange Bowl is now officially a DUMP. That place's time has come & gone agreed. Should be a cool list across the nation.

Adidas410s
12-12-2006, 04:33 PM
If I was making a Top 10...it would have to include (in no particular order)

Autzen Stadium
Neyland Stadium
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (The Swamp)
Kyle Field
Tiger Stadium (Death Valley)
Clemson Memorial Stadium (The Rock)
Michigan Stadium (The Big House)
Ohio Stadium (The Horseshoe)
Rose Bowl (UCLA and the bowl games)
Notre Dame Stadium

"Honorable Mention"
Camp Randall Stadium (Wisconsin)
Nebraska (third largest city in Nebraska when it's full)
Texas (this is a Texas-friendly board after all! ;))
Cotton Bowl (former SMU home...has hosted MANY great games)
Florida State
Georgia, Auburn, Ole Miss, and/or Alabama (both stadiums)
Beaver Stadium (Happy Valley...why is it called Beaver Stadium???)

g$$
12-12-2006, 04:45 PM
If I was making a Top 10...it would have to include (in no particular order)

Autzen Stadium
Neyland Stadium
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (The Swamp)
Kyle Field
Tiger Stadium (Death Valley)
Clemson Memorial Stadium (The Rock)
Michigan Stadium (The Big House)
Ohio Stadium (The Horseshoe)
Rose Bowl (UCLA and the bowl games)
Notre Dame Stadium

"Honorable Mention"
Nebraska (third largest city in Nebraska when it's full)
Texas (this is a Texas-friendly board after all! ;))
Cotton Bowl (former SMU home...has hosted MANY great games)
Florida State
Georgia, Auburn, Ole Miss, and/or Alabama (both stadiums)
Beaver Stadium (Happy Valley...why is it called Beaver Stadium???)

Heck of a good list. I believe Beaver Stadium (Happy Valley) has to do with the region in Pennsylvania, but I could be wrong.

Ole Miss? Known for the Grove, tailgating, & beautiful women, but what does the stadium have to make it great? That one surprised me.

South Carolina has a nice one too. Some movies filmed there as well (Bryce something...).

Good list though. Notice most are in the South too.

Adidas410s
12-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Heck of a good list. I believe Beaver Stadium (Happy Valley) has to do with the region in Pennsylvania, but I could be wrong.

Ole Miss? Known for the Grove, tailgating, & beautiful women, but what does the stadium have to make it great? That one surprised me.

Good list though. Notice most are in the South too.

I was factoring in the "experience" of going to that stadium. As a fan, that's just almost as big as the game itself. Part of makes these stadiums great is the atmosphere that takes place there...even when the team isn't contending for a national title. That's why I included Ole Miss...and that's also why the majority of the stadiums are in the south as people here are much more passionate about football (as a general statement) than in the north.

Oh...I did leave off one that I could maybe put in the Top 10. Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, WI...home of the Badgers.

Phil C
12-12-2006, 04:58 PM
It may need to be updated when KDR Memorial Stadium is finished with the North End Zone Construction and man what a scoreboard.

g$$
12-12-2006, 05:04 PM
I was factoring in the "experience" of going to that stadium. As a fan, that's just almost as big as the game itself. Part of makes these stadiums great is the atmosphere that takes place there...even when the team isn't contending for a national title. That's why I included Ole Miss...and that's also why the majority of the stadiums are in the south as people here are much more passionate about football (as a general statement) than in the north.

Oh...I did leave off one that I could maybe put in the Top 10. Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, WI...home of the Badgers.

Good points buddy. Camp Randall has to be on it too. Ole Miss has the other stuff, you are right!

Phil: DKR is not regarded as one of the best for fan experience, etc. And that scoreboard is certainly big, & certainly UGLY & BUSY too. I heard they are going to finish it & make it less busy (ads, etc.). Lose the fireworks stand on top too please!

Adidas410s
12-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Good points buddy. Camp Randall has to be on it too. Ole Miss has the other stuff, you are right!

Phil: DKR is not regarded as one of the best for fan experience, etc. And that scoreboard is certainly big, & certainly UGLY & BUSY too. I heard they are going to finish it & make it less busy (ads, etc.). Lose the foreworks stand on top too please!

Ole Miss definitely has the women...I dated me an Ole Miss Tri Delt a few summers ago. She definitely looked good...but her friends were much, MUCH hotter...like her friend who was in the 2005 Miss Georgia Pageant...and voted "Most Beautiful" @ Ole Miss! ;) http://www.missga.org/images/contestants/sm_PresidentialPathways05.jpg

I also just found that she was recently voted Senior Class Favorite @ Ole Miss. Ahh...the wonders of the internet! ;)

pancho villa
12-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Kyle Stadum is going to be on there wow.

g$$
12-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Kyle Stadum is going to be on there wow.

Bad memories Pancho? Guess nothing compares to Griggs Field.

Just messing with you!

g$$
12-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Ole Miss definitely has the women...I dated me an Ole Miss Tri Delt a few summers ago. She definitely looked good...but her friends were much, MUCH hotter...like her friend who was in the 2005 Miss Georgia Pageant...and voted "Most Beautiful" @ Ole Miss! ;) http://www.missga.org/images/contestants/sm_PresidentialPathways05.jpg

I also just found that she was recently voted Senior Class Favorite @ Ole Miss. Ahh...the wonders of the internet! ;)

WOW, good stuff Adidas. Keep Ole Miss on there! You should have stuck around for the scenery.

un b weavable
12-12-2006, 06:01 PM
You sure about the time and channel? Cus poker just came on and the poker shows run for an hour.

un b weavable
12-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Its on at 6:30 not 5:30.

g$$
12-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$
FYI:

Kyle Field Featured on ESPN's Honor Roll: Greatest Stadiums

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

COLLEGE STATION, Texas- Texas A&M’s Kyle Field will be one of the featured stadiums on ESPN’s series Honor Roll: Greatest Stadiums. The show will air on ESPN2 on Tuesday, Dec. 12 at 5:30 p.m. (central).

Sorry, but I just quoted the press release. Check your local listings I guess. ESPN2 for sure.

Bulldog_12
12-12-2006, 06:52 PM
The press release lied. This angers me. Me SMASH!

http://www.hulklibrary.com/hulk/images/characters/joerubinstein-hulk-small.gif

g$$
12-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
The press release lied. This angers me. Me SMASH!

http://www.hulklibrary.com/hulk/images/characters/joerubinstein-hulk-small.gif

Sorry guys - it is @ 6:30 PM ESPN2 our time. Blame A&M please!

Adidas410s
12-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Sorry guys - it is @ 6:30 PM ESPN2 our time. Blame A&M please!

The show ended being the Top 10 College RB's though my tv guide said it was going to be the Top 10 Stadiums. WTC??

g$$
12-13-2006, 03:08 PM
The show ended being the Top 10 College RB's though my tv guide said it was going to be the Top 10 Stadiums. WTC??

Sorry everybody - I quoted an official press release. I was disappointed too but it was cool to see the Tyler Rose Earl Campbell on there. Took me back to my childhood.

Another Aggie joke I guess, but TV guide was wrong too. Who knows!