PDA

View Full Version : Celina/Vernon or LE/Robinson

icu812
12-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Which game to watch?

I think LE/Robinson may be the better game and its a state championship game. But I don't like the thought having to go into the city and the parking at SMU. Denton sounds like an easy venue as far as getting in and out. I'm leaning towards LE/Robinson. Any thoughts??

WildTexan
12-12-2006, 03:12 PM
if you go to SMU, go a little early and there is pleny of parking in the industrial lots across the street, and usually lots of early arrivals havin parkin lot parties there....and a short walk to/from the game.....now the traffic gettin in/out will suck, but there is a liquor store right there so it ain't all bad.....

I expect Denton's field to also be quite crowded and once the crowd starts showing up, it will be just as big a chore to get in and out of there as well.....and no liquor store right near there....

mwynn05
12-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Which game to watch?

I think LE/Robinson may be the better game and its a state championship game. But I don't like the thought having to go into the city and the parking at SMU. Denton sounds like an easy venue as far as getting in and out. I'm leaning towards LE/Robinson. Any thoughts?? umm Denton has some of the worst traffic in the Metroplex especially on loop 288...which is the road the stadium is on but where collins is there wont be TOO much traffic if you go the right way. And if you go to Denton from Van you will drive right through Dallas on 635

3afan
12-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan
...but there is a liquor store right there so it ain't all bad.....

:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
12-12-2006, 03:23 PM
From all I have read.....Celina is just gonna be awarded the trophy as soon as they show up to the field...so I don't even know if it's worth the effort.

I would go see LE/Robinson...Im pretty sure they plan on playing!!

:D :D

This is JUST a joke....nobody get bootyhurt!!

WildTexan
12-12-2006, 04:01 PM
if you go see LE/Robinson you have to hit Dallas....if you choose to go to Denton, go north to Greenville and come across 380 to Denton.....not near the traffic hassles that way....

and Loop288 won't be bad at all on Saturday until the game crowd starts arriving.....Vernon fans will be coming from the West, and the long line of Celinaites will come from the east, so the intersection that this stadium sits at will be crowded....

whichever you choose, stop and buy a bucket of chicken and some drinks and go early to picnic in the parkin lot and the traffic will not matter to you....

I'm goin early to hit on maroon-clad Vernon ladies at the concession stand before the game so I can claim I scored more than their offense did.....

(I don't care who ya are now that's funny)

pirate4state
12-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
From all I have read.....Celina is just gonna be awarded the trophy as soon as they show up to the field...so I don't even know if it's worth the effort.

I would go see LE/Robinson...Im pretty sure they plan on playing!!

:D :D

This is JUST a joke....nobody get bootyhurt!!

SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

pirate4state
12-12-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm goin early to hit on maroon-clad Vernon ladies at the concession stand before the game so I can claim I scored more than their offense did.....

SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!

You're right....that is funny!!!! :evillol: :evillol:

icu812
12-12-2006, 04:15 PM
so I can claim I scored more than their offense did....

Seen the last two Celina games so thats kinda why I was thinkin LE/Robison would be the better game.............thats funny stuff

And yes I'd take 69 to 380 to Denton. Thanks for the imput.

mwynn05
12-12-2006, 04:32 PM
if you go see LE/Robinson you have to hit Dallas....if you choose to go to Denton, go north to Greenville and come across 380 to Denton.....not near the traffic hassles that way....

and Loop288 won't be bad at all on Saturday until the game crowd starts arriving.....Vernon fans will be coming from the West, and the long line of Celinaites will come from the east, so the intersection that this stadium sits at will be crowded....

whichever you choose, stop and buy a bucket of chicken and some drinks and go early to picnic in the parkin lot and the traffic will not matter to you....

(I don't care who ya are now that's funny) it wont be on the side of the stadium but i bet it will be HORRIBLE on the other side...constrcution...all the growth and Christmas shopping.....theres a reason i wont go to wal mart til about midnight...all though there is the back way but the store is just to busy

WildTexan
12-12-2006, 05:10 PM
yes the south loop has been a disaster for years, but no one with sense would take the south loop to get to the stadium....they'd just stay on 35 to the north loop exit and go east....not too bad a traffic problem that way....

turbostud
12-12-2006, 05:22 PM

LOL, Classic.:D

mwynn05
12-12-2006, 05:50 PM
yes the south loop has been a disaster for years, but no one with sense would take the south loop to get to the stadium....they'd just stay on 35 to the north loop exit and go east....not too bad a traffic problem that way.... Well, yeah but if you dont know the area and all you know is the stadium is on the loop your gonna see that sign and take it and i think coming from Van (if you are) 20-80-635-35 would be faster on a saturday usually there isnt much traffic but that could be different with Christmas. I say that because going to 30 to 380 in greenville wouldnt be bad until you got to about McKinney, From Mckinney to Denton takes FOREVER it seems like