PDA

View Full Version : Rangers agree to a deal with Eric Gagne!!!

Adidas410s
12-12-2006, 12:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2695054

pirate4state
12-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Holy Toledo!!! That would be HUGE for them. Didn't he have surgery??

haha - guess it would help if I read the article before posting :doh: :D

Butkus
12-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2695054 More retreads an oldun and now a hurtun.:mad:

Tx Challenge
12-12-2006, 01:14 PM
If he comes back to what he once was. Awesome! Atleast it is only a one year deal

3afan
12-12-2006, 03:06 PM
The Rangers have agreed to a one-year contract with reliever Eric Gagne,
according to a source.

Click here for the story on DallasNews.com:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/baseball/rangers/stories/121306dnsporanglede.1c2d427.html

g$$
12-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Damaged goods. Gagne was awesome, now he is nothing more than hurt. Better have lots of incentives & injury clauses in that deal. Rangers need pitching & lots of it. Again!

Gagne = 16 appearances in last 2 years = INJURED

Why do you think the Dodgers gave up on him?

Bull Butter
12-12-2006, 03:34 PM
"Game Over" will soon be "Career Over"

crzyjournalist03
12-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Damaged goods. Gagne was awesome, now he is nothing more than hurt. Better have lots of incentives & injury clauses in that deal. Rangers need pitching & lots of it. Again!

Gagne = 16 appearances in last 2 years = INJURED

Why do you think the Dodgers gave up on him?

The Dodgers didn't give up on him. Believe it or not, they offered him almost the exact same contract that he ended up signing with Texas with. It's highly incentive laden, with an average base salary for a closer, but if he reaches all his incentives, he could make $11 million. I think they did this so that they can turn around and trade some bullpen arms for a starter. They're loaded at the back with Otsuka, Gagne, Frank Fransisco, C.J. Wilson, and Wes Littleton.

Now if reports I'm hearing are true, Barry Zito will be signing in the next week or so....

g$$
12-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The Dodgers didn't give up on him. Believe it or not, they offered him almost the exact same contract that he ended up signing with Texas with. It's highly incentive laden, with an average base salary for a closer, but if he reaches all his incentives, he could make $11 million. I think they did this so that they can turn around and trade some bullpen arms for a starter. They're loaded at the back with Otsuka, Gagne, Frank Fransisco, C.J. Wilson, and Wes Littleton.

Now if reports I'm hearing are true, Barry Zito will be signing in the next week or so....

You don't let a Cy Young Award winner go unless you think he will NEVER be the same. So IMO, they did give up on him.

Gagne = 16 appearances in the last 2 years = INJURED

Zito is just using his old A's buddy Ron Washington & owner Tom Hicks for leverage so he can get to the Mets or stay on the West Coast.