PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Balboa

Snyder_TigerFan
12-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Am I the only one that wants to catch this flick? Should I be embarrassed to admit that? I've seen all the Rockys and when I see one on tv, I get caught watching it again.

Can you believe Sly is 60?

Old Tiger
12-12-2006, 12:12 PM
I hope it doesn't ruin the series

pirate4state
12-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Am I the only one that wants to catch this flick? Should I be embarrassed to admit that? I've seen all the Rockys and when I see one on tv, I get caught watching it again.

No, you shouldn't!! I can't wait!! :clap:

kaorder1999
12-12-2006, 12:16 PM
i will go see it...crazy enough its my fiancee that is fired up about seeing it!! She wants to go Christmas day!

pirate4state
12-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i will go see it...crazy enough its my fiancee that is fired up about seeing it!! She wants to go Christmas day! Me too!!! It opens on the 20th, but I want to go Christmas Day. :D

Blastoderm55
12-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I hope it doesn't ruin the series

Didn't Rocky 5 already do that? :p

I can't help but watch them, either.

kaorder1999
Originally posted by pirate4state
Me too!!! It opens on the 20th, but I want to go Christmas Day. :D

oh...well...if it opens on teh 20th im guessing we will see it on the 20th!

Snyder_TigerFan
Here is a review from imdb.com:

I saw this film at a test screening a few months ago. While I am a fan of all the films I think this one is the most on par with the first one. While two thru five were good films they had more to do with Rocky as a public figure and his fame. In this film he is not that distanced from the guy he was in the first, maybe just a little wiser. The film doesn't focus so much on boxing as it does on the actual character of Rocky and the trials he faces having one day been on top of the world and now he leads a simple life and thrives on his memories.

I am a huge Stallone fan but I realize his career has been in a slump lately, but this film would be a perfect resurrection for him. The acting is great and it has some of the best writing I've seen in years. Two very powerful scenes are when Rocky tries to get his license back and probably the best scene of the film is when he confronts his son.

Any Stallone or Rocky fan will love this film. And I'm sure a lot of people who had doubts about this film 30 years later or even Stallone being 60 years old will be very surprised and pleased. And it does not hurt that Sylvester Stallone is in better shape at 60 then half of Hollywood under 30.

I've already seen the movie but I plan to be there opening day to see it again.

pirate4state
12-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
oh...well...if it opens on teh 20th im guessing we will see it on the 20th!

I'm such a Rocky :nerd: that I'll probably be there for the midnight showing and then again on Christamas Day. :nerd:

Blastoderm55
12-12-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm skeptical about this movie for one reason: There's no Talia Shire. How can they have Rocky with no Adrian? I read that the reason she isn't in this movie is that Stallone couldn't meet her salary requirements. Being a self-funded venture as this is, I can understand him being a bit stingy, but only offering her 10 grand? That's just ridiculous. Maybe it was a 100. I'm not too sure at this point. Regardless, she's not in it, and I think she brought a great level of balance to his character. Maybe they'll work in an interesting plot twist, like after 5 she left Rocky's broke behind and married Tommy Gun or something stupid like that. Guess we'll see.

pirate4state
12-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I'm skeptical about this movie for one reason: There's no Talia Shire. How can they have Rocky with no Adrian? I read that the reason she isn't in this movie is that Stallone couldn't meet her salary requirements. Being a self-funded venture as this is, I can understand him being a bit stingy, but only offering her 10 grand? That's just ridiculous. Maybe it was a 100. I'm not too sure at this point. Regardless, she's not in it, and I think she brought a great level of balance to his character. Maybe they'll work in an interesting plot twist, like after 5 she left Rocky's broke behind and married Tommy Gun or something stupid like that. Guess we'll see.

It bothered me a little too, but I can accept how they've written her out. Wanna know?? :D

Blastoderm55
12-12-2006, 12:34 PM
It bothered me a little too, but I can accept how they've written her out. Wanna know?? :D

Sure. PM me. Don't wanna spoil it for everyone else. :p

pirate4state
12-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Sure. PM me. Don't wanna spoil it for everyone else. :p Done

DU_stud04
12-12-2006, 12:43 PM
i plan on showing up in a robe and my boxing gloves....... jk but seriously. i will be there opening night. the story looks great.

Phil C
12-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Done

pm me too about it please. :)

DU_stud04
12-12-2006, 12:48 PM

I can't help but watch them, either. i liked rocky 5.....it was different. but i still liked it. when rocky goes back to mickeys gym and the flashback occurs...with rocky and mickey before the apollo fights....it gets to me every time.

" it's gotta be like a, like an angel on your shoulder see? If you ever get hurt and you feel that you're goin' down this little angel is gonna whisper in your ear. It's gonna say, 'Get up you son of a b**** 'cause Mickey loves you."

:)

TheDOCTORdre
12-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i liked rocky 5.....it was different. but i still liked it. when rocky goes back to mickeys gym and the flashback occurs...with rocky and mickey before the apollo fights....it gets to me every time.

" it's gotta be like a, like an angel on your shoulder see? If you ever get hurt and you feel that you're goin' down this little angel is gonna whisper in your ear. It's gonna say, 'Get up you son of a b**** 'cause Mickey loves you."

:)
thats the only good part in the whole movie, the rest of Rocky 5 blows...nonetheless I'm looking forward to seeing this one

theyoefnshow
12-12-2006, 03:08 PM
rocky iv is one of my favorite movies evarrrrr. this one should be pretty good. as for adrian, if she isn't in it....wouldn't it just be easiest to say that she died of cancer or something between 5 and 6? its been over 15 years so its not that unrealistic.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-12-2006, 08:09 PM

I can't help but watch them, either.

Haha I was going to say that exact same thing.

mustang04
12-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
rocky iv is one of my favorite movies evarrrrr. this one should be pretty good. as for adrian, if she isn't in it....wouldn't it just be easiest to say that she died of cancer or something between 5 and 6? its been over 15 years so its not that unrealistic.

actually thats what happened to her

tigerpride_08
12-12-2006, 10:14 PM
i think imma go check it out...;)

formermbcouns
12-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Nah, go for it! But, I for one, don't have any interest in seeing it.

Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

Tweeder215
12-13-2006, 12:35 AM
I am pumped. I'm not gonna lie, I've been telling everybody I'm gonna go see it. I've been excited since I first heard about it.

piratebg
12-13-2006, 12:50 AM
I'm gonna see it if I can. My brother in law says that there is an unwritten man-law that states it is mandatory to see any and all Rocky movies. I believe he is correct.