PDA

View Full Version : where are the pre-season celina haters?

sic'em
12-12-2006, 11:07 AM
before the season started there were a bunch of region 1 and 2 fans (read snyder, sweetwater, madison, etc...) who kept saying that celina was nothing but a 2a team that wouldnt be able to handle moving up to play with the "big boys." before the celina fans found their way to the board, pphsfan and i were trying to tell them that they were wrong, but noone would have it. i was pondering where these people are now and what they think...
btw, for those who havent watched celina the last few years, this years team is no where near as good as last years, which the old-timer pp/celina crowd say was the best team that area has ever seen.

kaorder1999
12-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by sic'em
before the season started there were a bunch of region 1 and 2 fans (read snyder, sweetwater, madison, etc...) who kept saying that celina was nothing but a 2a team that wouldnt be able to handle moving up to play with the "big boys." before the celina fans found their way to the board, pphsfan and i were trying to tell them that they were wrong, but noone would have it. i was pondering where these people are now and what they think...
btw, for those who havent watched celina the last few years, this years team is no where near as good as last years, which the old-timer pp/celina crowd say was the best team that area has ever seen.

they are still here and they still hate celina...........fans....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Celina sucks. I hate them. They have unruly fans and classless, showoff players who taunt and try to cause injury to other teams by taking cheap shots. :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
12-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Region I fans can't talk about nothing their region is wack.

Go Celina!

Adidas410s
12-12-2006, 11:19 AM
1) we really don't have any Madison posters on the downlow.
2) The hating on Celina came from most of those in the metro and east Texas areas...not Sweetwater/Snyder. The only other school you'll see them gripe about is Wylie.
3) While the '05 team was good...the competition in 2A was VERY down last year and I would put the '00 and '01 teams up against the '05 team any day! ;)

BobcatBenny
12-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Celina sucks. I hate them. They have unruly fans and classless, showoff players who taunt and try to cause injury to other teams by taking cheap shots. :rolleyes:
BBDE, I usually don't find much I like about Aggies, but love you maaaannn!!! LOL :inlove:

Centexhorn
12-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Well Paul Pewitt was good last year, for three quarters they gave Celina all they could handle, the score is a bit deceptive from last year.

Celina's best to me will always be 2000/2001.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-12-2006, 11:43 AM
The usual culprits....I don't remember any Snyder posters hating on Celina. I don't remember Wylie posters doing it either for that matter....

Originally posted by sweetwater07
i'm waiting for celina to play a good team and get beat...find it hard to believe that they are ranked so high after just moving up from 2A....overrated??

Originally posted by sweetwater07
i really don't think so.....Celina just moved up..i know they are good year in and year out...but i don't think their defense can contain Green and Banyard, even Cunnings

Originally posted by Stownhorse
Celina is heavenly to most people..i think Tatum would man-handle Celina

Originally posted by Stownhorse
Till Celina shows me sumthin this yr in 3A i dont think they deserve a top 10 spot

Adidas410s
12-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Centexhorn
Well Paul Pewitt was good last year, for three quarters they gave Celina all they could handle, the score is a bit deceptive from last year.

Celina's best to me will always be 2000/2001.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Adidas410s
12-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
The usual culprits....I don't remember any Snyder posters hating on Celina. I don't remember Wylie posters doing it either for that matter....

ahh...yeah I don't consider them to by "Sweetwater posters"...unfortunately we have to consider Blackie a Snyder poster! ;)

kaorder1999
12-12-2006, 11:51 AM
I was one at the beginning of the year saying that Celina should not have been ranked ahead of Madison in the DMN Area Poll. And at that time, they shouldn't have, considering all info used for that poll is from the previous season and Madison lost to the eventual 3A State Champs late in the playoffs and Celina was in 2A.

Thats what preseason polls are all about. That's the only hating I did!! Though there are still some Celina fans I am not too fond of!

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 11:57 AM
You'll grow to love us Kao, just watch........:p

kaorder1999
12-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
You'll grow to love us Kao, just watch........:p

you notice I did use the word SOME!!!

BobcatBenny
12-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
...That's the only hating I did!! Though there are still some Celina fans I am not too fond of!
Hey that is because you are still young and your mother still cuts the crust off of your PB&Js.

Eventually you learn to love the crust! :p

Butkus
12-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Hey that is because you are still young and your mother still cuts the crust off of your PB&Js.

Eventually you learn to love the crust! :p Apprears like u must no sumthin bout that ur self youngun.:D

Adidas410s
12-12-2006, 12:12 PM
I was one at the beginning of the year saying that Celina should not have been ranked ahead of Madison in the DMN Area Poll. And at that time, they shouldn't have, considering all info used for that poll is from the previous season and Madison lost to the eventual 3A State Champs late in the playoffs and Celina was in 2A.

Thats what preseason polls are all about. That's the only hating I did!! Though there are still some Celina fans I am not too fond of!

We won't repeat some of the things I've heard you utter about Celina in recent weeks! ;)

kaorder1999
12-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
We won't repeat some of the things I've heard you utter about Celina in recent weeks! ;)

what is said in the press box is supposed to stay in the pressbox....ah...hell...who cares...i dont!

BobcatBenny
12-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Apprears like u must no sumthin bout that ur self youngun.:D
Yeah, give me the bentley sauce. It may make you burn on the inside, but it is the spice of life.

I will pay for it in the morning, but I love it! :doh:

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 12:20 PM
you notice I did use the word SOME!!!

I noticed Kao. I noticed but then ADD said you was mouthin in the press box????? What's up with that? :p

kaorder1999
12-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I noticed Kao. I noticed but then ADD said you was mouthin in the press box????? What's up with that? :p

oh...there was some mouthing going on in the press box....but not directed at ALL celina fans....just most :D

BobcatBenny
12-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah, give me the bentley sauce. ...
I knew there was a reason, besides the Bobcats, that I love orange sooooo mmmuuuucccchhh!:D

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 12:29 PM
The TV's are tuned to sports, good wings, small amounts of orange and white all around! Yes life is good! 3 mile island ain't bad either!

Butkus
12-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah, give me the bentley sauce. It may make you burn on the inside, but it is the spice of life.

I will pay for it in the morning, but I love it! :doh: Nevr heard of sauce on pbj but ta each his own they say.

This youngun aint all thar.:D