PDA

View Full Version : Forney Over Commerce...Come on Matt!!!

TalentTiger_93
06-21-2002, 08:44 AM
First......The town of Forney must produce outstanding athletes. Can they win without Blanton? It will be so hard to repeat the success they had over the past few years. If you take a look back before the Blanton years....didn't they get beat either in the first round or second round? They were ranked one year #3 and got HAMMERED by Commerce 49-28.(41-7 before they put the JV in)I believe they lost to Commerce back to back those years. 94&95.
Now, they lost they only thing that put Forney in the rankings and you pick them over Commerce? WOW!!!!! Cron wanted another challange. It was too easy. Came, Saw, Conqured!! Simple as that. Even years Commerce has seemed to miss going to state, but never a down year there. Going 13-1, 12-1 aren't down years buddy.
Commerce will return a lot of starters...no Tommy Wright, but Eddie Hines..probably the one that should've gotten more touches. I want you to tell me who is better at the end of the year. Hines is faster and stronger than Wright. They won't be the 2001 Tigers, but they will win and win big.

Matthew328
06-21-2002, 09:35 AM
Can I ask you something?? What are you talking about??? Who picked Forney over Commerce?? They aren't even in the same district anymore!

Matthew328
06-21-2002, 09:43 AM
Never mind...I assume you are talking about the Region 2 Top 10...well Jacket does that Region now...BUT I am sure he will be more than glad to answer your question!

kaorder1999
06-21-2002, 10:17 AM
Man...Matt...you might want to make a huge headline saying you are NOT controlling the Region II page! LOL! So Talent Tiger...you think Commerce will walk over Forney in pre-district? What do you think score will be?

ethsfbnut
06-21-2002, 12:04 PM
Can understand a little about what Talent Tiger is talking about. Forney did not become a legit contender for State Championships until Blanton came along. Know Forney has had big-time success way back, but not in early to mid 90`s.

Well before the 90`s Commerce had very little success either. A play-off appearance occasionally, but never a good run in post season. Now every year Commerce fans, players and coaches look to long run in play-offs.

Believe this will probably be the case for Forney. They have tasted long runs for several years now. The young kids have seen it and want to be a part of it. That`s what builds tradition like it has in Commerce, Celina, Ennis, La Grange and many, many other teams all over the state.

Believe Commerce-Forney will be just as intense this year as years past. Getting to be a pretty nice little rivalry. Good luck to all teams this season. Ready for some high school football!!!

Go TIGERS!!!!!

TalentTiger_93
06-22-2002, 11:37 AM
I'm not syaing that it will be an easy win, but I do believe Commerce has a lot more returning that played 16 games. They are loaded again in the skill position. No one even knows too much about Commerce's new move in from Greenville. He is a Jr. RB that stands about 6'1, 195lbs, and runs a 4.5 40. He is in the backfield with Hines all spring long. I heard if he gets his head on right, he could do some real damage. Also, they return the backup QB that played some when Droody was injuried, 3 WR's(not 6'5 Burrell). They should beat Forney, but hell I thought thry should've won last year as well. who knows?

TalentTiger_93
06-22-2002, 11:42 AM
The way the district and pre-district look, Commerce could go 9-1, even 10-0. Not trying to brag, but the scheduling doesn't seem that hard. Too bad I can only watch them in the playoffs......scouting again!!!! But, it pays the bills. Hamhock_93 taught me everything I know!!!!!

Matthew328
06-23-2002, 12:27 AM
Is Commerce's schedule that easy? hye only have 3 non-district games being in an 8 team district....I know one is against Forney which is a toss up...and the other is against Wylie..who was 8-2 as a 4A last year and is picked to win their 4A district that includes Highland Park...and Wylie has back 7 and 8...if I had to pick right now I'd go with Wylie in that one..