PDA

View Full Version : Division I State Championship: Texarkana Liberty-Eylau vs Robinson

pirate4state
12-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Division I, State game!!

Any news on when & where this game is?? :thinking:

Hope it's on Friday night so it doesn't conflict with the Liberty Hill/Hondo game. Would love to make both of these games.

Chopblock
12-09-2006, 11:55 PM
I've heard either Texas Stadium or SMU per Burnett44

dogdad
12-09-2006, 11:59 PM
I've heard Tyler or SFA (on Smoakey) but I have no idea if that is reliable

no1wife
12-10-2006, 12:07 AM
Saturday night Dec. 16
Either Mesquite Memorial or SMU (won't know until tomorrow or Monday morning).
Robinson is home team.
Start time will be 6:00 or later...to be determined....

pirate4state
12-10-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by no1wife
Saturday night Dec. 16
Either Mesquite Memorial or SMU (won't know until tomorrow or Monday morning).
Robinson is home team.
Start time will be 6:00 or later...to be determined....

:( :( Was hoping for a Friday game. LOL ~~ 'cause it's all about accomadating ME!! :p :p :p

GOOD LUCK LEPS!!!!! TAKE STATE!!!

maroonpirate04
12-10-2006, 12:45 AM
GO! ROCKETS GO!!

BLAST YOUR WAY TO STATE!!!!

injuredinmelee
12-10-2006, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:( :( Was hoping for a Friday game. LOL ~~ 'cause it's all about accomadating ME!! :p :p :p

GOOD LUCK LEPS!!!!! TAKE STATE!!!

you would just stand us up again... lol

pirate4state
12-10-2006, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
you would just stand us up again... lol :weeping: :weeping: I am really sorry I couldn't make it, but you guys would have worried about me being on the road, at night with just tiger_wr!! :eek: :p

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 05:18 AM
:weeping: :weeping: I am really sorry I couldn't make it, but you guys would have worried about me being on the road, at night with just tiger_wr!! :eek: :p hey hey hey....

rundoe
12-10-2006, 07:33 AM
We wouldn't have worried, Tiger would have been talking to you all night keeping you awake, lol.

scrub c
12-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by no1wife
Robinson is home team.

dude! that has to be some kind of record.
waco has been in their home jerseys EVERY game in the playoffs.

You took us out, so now go win it all...

injuredinmelee
12-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
We wouldn't have worried, Tiger would have been talking to you all night keeping you awake, lol.

But only in one word statements of course their would have been 10,000 of them but only one word or sentence at a time.

Ranger Mom
12-10-2006, 10:24 AM
But only in one word statements of course their would have been 10,000 of them but only one word or sentence at a time.

lame

kinda like that???:D

no1wife
12-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
dude! that has to be some kind of record.
waco has been in their home jerseys EVERY game in the playoffs.

You took us out, so now go win it all...

Coach has been fortunate to be able to win the home/visitor flip each week. I believe this week it was more of a compromise between the two...Coach Lewis agreed to play Saturday if he could be home.

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 10:31 AM
ROBINSON!!!!!!!

BET DAT!

no1wife
12-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
ROBINSON!!!!!!!

BET DAT!

I hope you are right!

pirate4state
12-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
We wouldn't have worried, Tiger would have been talking to you all night keeping you awake, lol. Yeah, right!! Casey was already talking about taking a nap before we got there!!! :doh:

:clap: :clap: OMG!!! ROFLMAO!!! hahahahah

IHStangFan
12-10-2006, 12:01 PM
lets see...T L-E knocked off Gilmer....but Robinson is on fire and has knocked off Palestine and Hutto among others....this is tough!!

I'm going to take Robinson, as L-E's win over Canyon the other night wasnt as impressive as I expected it to be

pirate4state
12-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
lets see...T L-E knocked off Gilmer....but Robinson is on fire and has knocked off Palestine and Hutto among others....this is tough!!

I'm going to take Robinson, as L-E's win over Canyon the other night wasnt as impressive as I expected it to be

:thinking: Winning by 2 TDs isn't impressive?? :thinking: I guess you have to win by 40+ to impress you!! :eek: :eek: :p :p :kiss:

I just can't help myself

gobbler grad
12-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Robinson takes the title...they are on a roll and they won't stop until they win it all...good luck next week:clap: :clap: :clap:

mwynn05
12-10-2006, 12:29 PM
:thinking: Winning by 2 TDs isn't impressive?? :thinking: I guess you have to win by 40+ to impress you!! :eek: :eek: :p :p :kiss:

I just can't help myself A two td game can still be really close

pirate4state
12-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
A two td game can still be really close I know. I just like giving IHStangFan a hard time. :D I know this b/c even though LH only won by 7 they completely dominated that game yesterday.

no1wife
12-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Most likely SMU at 6:00 on Saturday night.

Two other schools (Waco High and Garland) were on the waiting list ahead of us at SMU.

Waco is playing at Northwest and Garland is playing at Texas Stadium, but until SMU can get in touch with those two school to get confirmation that they are playing somewhere else, then they cannot release the field to Robinson/LE.

formermbcouns
12-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Robinson has surprised me all year but I think LE will be too much.

Matthew328
12-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Liberty-Eyalu by 13...heard it here first

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Liberty-Eyalu by 13...heard it here first That's like a trap score

Matthew328
12-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Liberty-Eylau is on a roll....they have the athletes to slow Robinson down.....their offense is brutally efficient and balanced....not a good matchup for the Rockets IMO...Robinson also is on a roll, but I don't think they can get past the Leps...

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 02:45 PM
I'll go

L-E - 17
Robinson - 23

mwynn05
12-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Not smu..........I dont wanna park then have to walk 3 miles to the stadium....

DaHop72
12-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

I'm going to take Robinson, as L-E's win over Canyon the other night wasnt as impressive as I expected it to be Don't put down L-E's victory by the score. L-E had this game in hand early in the first quarter.

Matthew328
12-10-2006, 03:22 PM
I was thinking the same thing...it was 36-7 in the 4th before Canyon scored 2 garbage TD's

Chris Hart
12-10-2006, 03:47 PM
I think this will be one heck of a Championship game, but in the end I see Robinson coming out on top. When you're coming off of putting up 62(which could've been much more) points in the semis, I think their offense is just too much for L-E. I do expect L-E to slow them down more than anyone has since Robinson started playing up to their potential, but not enough to win. Great game Robinson 38-LE 27

Aesculus gilmus
12-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I think their offense is just too much for L-E.

If Gilmer's offense was not too much for L-E (and it wasn't), nobody's is.

Chris Hart
12-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
If Gilmer's offense was not too much for L-E (and it wasn't), nobody's is. We shall see! Didn't Gilmer's offense have several turnovers and still score enough points to win most games against LE? I'm thinking Robinson's defense gives up some points, but their offense will 'be too much for LE' and score enough to win...

Aesculus gilmus
12-10-2006, 04:52 PM
The Leopards caused at least one of those turnovers.

I can only recall the failure-to-field-a-kickoff as a so-called "Gilmer beating itself" maneuver.

I just want to make sure everyone reading anything from Gilmer posters knows that we do not think we lost the game because of self-inflicted mistakes. Rather, L-E deservedly won it. There are no excuses.

Also, when L-E gets way ahead, as they were against the Buckeyes and again last night, they tend to go into a "prevent" defense and give up "garbage" TDs.

Last night, they pulled their starters on defense when it was 36-7, which probably would have been the final score had the starters stayed in.

Buckeye80
12-10-2006, 06:10 PM
LE's D-line has been playing phenomenally in the playoffs. Robinson is indeed on a huge roll, but the LE speed will pay off for the Leps. Of course, I may just be choosing LE because they beat Gilmer, but that is my business.

LE 44
Robinson 21

dogdad
12-10-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm with you Buckeye
I give LE credit for beating RC
I still feel it was a game we should have won, LE did what was necessary to win. The best 3 teams in Div 1 are from Region 2 and LE has already beaten the other 2

LE rolls on saturday

mwynn05
12-10-2006, 07:19 PM
It's officially at SMU...really nice stadium really bad parking oh well i guess it could be walking through South Oak Cliff instead of walking through Highland Park

pirate4state
12-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
It's officially at SMU...really nice stadium really bad parking oh well i guess it could be walking through South Oak Cliff instead of walking through Highland Park true, true...scary thought...walking thru South Oak Cliff :eek:

BILLYFRED0000
12-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
If Gilmer's offense was not too much for L-E (and it wasn't), nobody's is.

Everybody says that. But the simple truth is Gilmer did not play
defense worth anything. If someone could stop them and then
play a little keep away they could win, which is what LE did. This matchup should be much better. Robinson is better on O and LE
is better on D. But Robinson has a top 20 D as well and LE does come in the top 35 or so on O. This could be a really good game.
I have not seen LE but we played Robinson. They had a couple
of injuries so we won handily but there were some real flashes of what they could do and I was impressed.

sweetwater07
12-11-2006, 11:27 AM
i watched the game between LE and Canyon and i was amazed on how into the game the fans were. i'm used to seeing fans getting into it being from sweetwater and all..but these LE fans were rederk...they were dancing with the band and screaming relentlessy ...wow..some spirited fans indeed....ohh and the halftime show from LE was SWEEEEEET... their band rocks....did more dancing than music but it was still cool...
i say LE after watched there QB and RB.. QB is on the dime on every pass and the RB is too shaky to be stopped..

txkmom
12-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Band was down at LE for a while, but this year it is on the upswing again ... once we get to the playoffs, the band "loses" their competition show and gets to perform something fun and crowd-pleasing, which is a real treat.

Ranger Mom
12-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by txkmom
Band was down at LE for a while, but this year it is on the upswing again ... once we get to the playoffs, the band "loses" their competition show and gets to perform something fun and crowd-pleasing, which is a real treat.

I'm not normally a "band person"...but I really enjoyed watching yalls gettin "jiggy wit it"!!:)

sweetwater07
12-11-2006, 12:41 PM

their show was def. crowd pleasing..really into the music and performance...refreshing to see something like that after watching our band..(horrible)

Buckeye80
12-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Everybody says that. But the simple truth is Gilmer did not play
defense worth anything.

That is not entirely true. Gilmer did not have a bad defense. In alot of the games the Buckeyes played this year, the first defense gave up no points or one touchdown, and our opponents scored in trash time against the sophomores.
But the offense was such a machine, that it made the defense appear to be horrible. Usually, at the high school level, teams are not stellar in only one department. The great high school teams will have an offense and defense ranked near the top (ie 2004 State Champion Gilmer).
Gilmer had, by far, the best offense in the state this year, but the defense was not able to hold up their end of the bargain. It just turned out that way. Oh well. We'll be back next year, and we'll be a year older and more experienced.

2007 Gilmer Buckeyes (Going for seven straight undefeated district seasons)

westexasfball87
12-11-2006, 02:06 PM

I just can't help myself I was at the game against Canyon. You are very well misinformed about the outcome of that game... The Leps could have won by 40 if they chose to.. It has been along time since I have seen that much speed on the field at one time.

pirate4state
12-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by westexasfball87
I was at the game against Canyon. You are very well misinformed about the outcome of that game... The Leps could have won by 40 if they chose to.. It has been along time since I have seen that much speed on the field at one time. You need to go back and read who I responded to. ;) I don't doubt that LE's win against Canyon was impressive.

westexasfball87
12-11-2006, 02:18 PM
You need to go back and read who I responded to. ;) I don't doubt that LE's win against Canyon was impressive. Yeah, I know. I replied to the wrong post. I was also wondering if anyone else thought that Canyon was a very dirty playing team.

PHS Wildcats
12-11-2006, 02:27 PM
true, true...scary thought...walking thru South Oak Cliff :eek:

hope that's not a racist comment.... thepeople in Oak cliff are nice people:mad:

pirate4state
12-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
hope that's not a racist comment.... thepeople in Oak cliff are nice people:mad: Why would it be?? GMAB!

westexasfball87
12-11-2006, 02:37 PM
The Leps QB has the strongest arm I have seen this year. Where is he planning on going to school.

icu812
12-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Unless I'm mistaken he's going to A&M to play baseball and punt for the FB team.

DaHop72
12-11-2006, 02:52 PM
He is going to Texas A&M on a baseball scholarship - RHP/INF

Sftball4Life
12-11-2006, 03:12 PM
http://www.aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?SID=MBA&PRID=12050

eagles72
12-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by westexasfball87
Yeah, I know. I replied to the wrong post. I was also wondering if anyone else thought that Canyon was a very dirty playing team.

You have to play dirty sometimes, to defend youself, but everyone is choosing to ignore what LE was doing on the field. So the answer to your question is NO, Canyon is not a dirty playing team!!

GO ROBINSON, KICK SOME LE BUTT!!!!

DaHop72
12-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by eagles72
You have to play dirty sometimes, to defend youself, but everyone is choosing to ignore what LE was doing on the field. So the answer to your question is NO, Canyon is not a dirty playing team!!

GO ROBINSON, KICK SOME LE BUTT!!!! I guess the knee to the groin video was an accident.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

eagles72
12-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Nope, wasn't an accident, but that was one player, that wasn't the whole team. Everyone is acting like our whole team is dirty, and that is far from the truth! I believe we are talking about the game this weekend, not something that happened weeks ago.

txkmom
12-11-2006, 03:52 PM
This has been discussed ad nauseum on another site (link). Opinions, everyone's entitled to, but the hostility, man, is really unnecessary at this point.

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=63994

eagles72
12-11-2006, 03:57 PM
I agree. See ya!

pirate4state
12-11-2006, 03:59 PM
This has been discussed ad nauseum on another site (link). Opinions, everyone's entitled to, but the hostility, man, is really unnecessary at this point.

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=63994

:clap: Agreed!! Keep this thread about Robinson/TLE!

tigerpride_08
12-11-2006, 05:18 PM
imma take LE in this one but i dunno because there has been alot of talk on here about Robinson that makes me interested in them...

redfish961
12-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Robinson fan here. I'd like to provide a scouting report for what the Liberty-Eylau fans can expect and who to look for. I know most people in different regions don't get to see a lot of the opposing teams, so this may help.

Robinson - Offense

OL - While of average size, the OL has good speed. Pass blocking is average and disciplined. Penalties are few.

QB - Dual threat QB that is equally adept at the pass or run. 4.57 speed combined with a strong,accurate arm. Runs the spread option with skill. D-1 prospect.

RB - Mogavero is a 1,000 yd RB who has a knack for breaking tackles. While on the small side, a very strong, nifty runner with good speed (< 4.6).

RB - Alford is a break-away RB with 4.36 speed. Usually goes down with first contact, but if gets loose in the secondary, won't be caught. Big plays are his game.

WR - Lewis is the big threat at 6'2 and 4.5 speed. Hands have improved from the start of the year, and big and physical enough to take it to the house.

WR - Cleere and Aaron Williams, although undersized, have good hands and speed. Both are very athletic.

Robinson has probably one of the most prolific offenses in D-1. Many weapons and adept at both run and pass.

Robinson Defense

DL - While of average size, speed is once again the factor. The defensive line has been susceptible to the run up middle. A tactic that has been successful for opposing teams that are a dual threat (i.e. Celina, Palestine) . Pass rush is best from the edge, with the defensive ends providing the pressure.

LB - Average size with good speed and tackling. Pass coverage is mediocre and can get burned. Run defense is above average and the occasional sack is not rare.

DB - Good size and great speed. Corners are solid on pass coverage and safeties have good size and athleticism. Run coverage is mediocre, but improving. All have good hands and will intercept when given the opportunity. 3 of the 4 play on offense (Kitchens, Lewis, and Cleere), so defensive TD's are common.

Robinson Special Teams

Kick Return Coverage - Poor. If the blocking is right and the returner has some speed, A return is certainly possible. Robinson's main weakness and Liberty-Eylau can expect the ball on the 40 or better.

Punting - Unorthodox, but effective. Most kicks won't be returned. Mogavero will punt a soccer-style ball that rolls either forever or out of bounds.

Kick Return - Above average with big returns not a surprise.

Punt return - Average

FG, PAT - Not much range on the FG and fairly acurate with the PAT

Overall

Offense - Excellent

Defense - Above average

Special Teams - Average

Good luck Liberty-Eylau and look forward to an exciting game.

I'd love to see your scouting report, since I haven't had the pleasure of seeing them play.

sweetwater07
12-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
hope that's not a racist comment.... thepeople in Oak cliff are nice people:mad:

yeah they'll be real nice while there jacking your ride or wallet...or in my case..beer money:mad: :mad:

sweetwater07
12-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by redfish961

RB - Alford is a break-away RB with 4.36 speed.

and i thought our RB was quick

mwynn05
12-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Go Robinson....i think we were beating them in like the first qtr...i dont really remember though that could have been connally

CalallenWildcat
12-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Parking suggestion for SMU:

Park at Mockingbird Station across 75, then walk approximately half a mile to Ford Stadium. Plenty of parking.

CalallenWildcat
12-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Parking suggestion for SMU:

Park at Mockingbird Station across 75, then walk approximately half a mile to Ford Stadium. Plenty of parking.

http://maps.google.com/maps?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=Ford%20Stadium%20SMU%20Mockingbird%20Station&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il

scrub c
12-13-2006, 10:23 AM
is this gonna be a score-a-thon or can LE's defense hold?

redfish961
12-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
is this gonna be a score-a-thon or can LE's defense hold?

I'm hoping for a score-a-thon. It would definitely be to Robinson's advantage.

I've tried to find some info on the Liberty-Eylau team and haven't found much. I assume they are quick since they compare in size to Robinson. Not sure about their offense or defense. Any help would be appreciated.

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 12:57 PM
http://www.cynical-c.com/archives/bloggraphics/95129c.jpg

NDFootball
12-13-2006, 05:27 PM
LE will win this. Robinson is good but LE going to the semi's the year before and then propelling to state this year will be too much for them, LE will be too hungry

99IHSMustang
12-13-2006, 11:12 PM
I take Robinson in this one. Kitchens is going to light the scoreboard up big time.

TOPS1435
12-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Will Middlebrooks is an impressive qb of L-E. He can send laser beam passes 50-60 yards down field and impact the opponents' starting points with punts which can carry as far as 60-70 yards. Best punter I have ever seen as a high school player.

While Gilmer has had some very good running backs, LaMichael James impressed me with both his quickness and his strength.

The last touchdown against Gilmer, a defender had position on his near Gilmer's 7, he sidestepped so the tackle was at an angle, off target, but enough to start sending him down. I have a picture where he is stablizing his balance as he fell with an arm stand at the 3, and like a good gymnist, he vaulted himself the other three yards into the end zone.

In over 25 years of reporting games, I do not think I have ever seen that before. I have seen guys carry tacklers into the end zone the last 5 yards as they ran for the score, or seen them jump/dive over the defenderd to fly into the end zone, but not with a vault off a hand stand.

I do not know the times on the L-E players, but I do know they eliminated a lot of the Gilmer players at the regional track meet.

Do not be deceived by their three losses. Two of those occurred when Middlebrooks and James were hurt. They recovered at the right time.

It should be a great game. Wish I could be there.

necks_c/09
12-16-2006, 01:06 AM
IF Robinson plays to their potential they WILL put a whooping on LE......no offense but that offense is killer......im not just saying this b/c im from Wc but the inglside guys thought they were good last week....

mwynn05
12-16-2006, 02:01 PM
So does anyone going to this game coming through fairfield wanna pick me up lol

JuicE68
12-16-2006, 10:59 PM
WHO WON?!?!?!?

kenco13
12-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by JuicE68
WHO WON?!?!?!?

LE 35 - Robinson 34, Robinson scored late with for 2 didn't make it. Great Season for the Rockets. Congradulation to LE! LOL Kenco13

bobcat1
12-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Sounde like a great Game! Congrats LE! Congrats to Robinson also on a super season!

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Congrats to Robinson on the great season.

And to the L-E Leopards - CONGRATS TO THE 2006 D-1 STATE CHAMPS!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: txkmom....tell that boy of yours I said great job and give him a hug from me.

IHStangFan
12-17-2006, 12:09 AM
WOW!! sounds like it was one heckova game!! Congrats to both teams!

bandera7
12-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Congratulations to LE...they went through everything, including Gilmer, and deserve this. Great season, they went through everybody, and left no doubt. Great season to Robinson too.

thewyliefan
12-17-2006, 01:58 AM
won it in baseball last year and now football this year...is the bball team any good

txkmom
12-17-2006, 03:53 AM
LHPM, consider him hugged. Now he's at IHOP.
One thing - I've been reading some places what a "cakewalk" DI is this year... well, play in the shoes of our LE boys, or Robinson's, or Royse City's, and see what you think. These boys have busted it throughout the playoffs to keep winning. The game tonight was a real thriller for most, and a mini-stroke for me, but both sides gave it their all the entire game. I'd put either team up against anybody else's in a minute.