PDA

View Full Version : David Carr / Vince Young in a nutshell...

g$$
12-11-2006, 03:13 AM
Vince Young = 6 wins in last 8 games.........
David Carr = 6 wins in last 29 games........
(yes, I know it is a team game, but...)

I am reminded of what Ohio State great Woody Hayes said when asked about the difference between winners and losers:

"At the pivotal moment, winners think back to the last time they were in this situation and what they did to win. Losers, on the other hand, think back to the last time they were in this situation and what led to their demise. That is why, for the most part, winners keep winning and losers keep losing. Its what you think about at that pivotal moment. I, for one, prefer to have those who are used to winning on my team. And the most valuable of all is that rare individual who can convince even those used to losing, that this time, winning is inevitable."

Way to go Houston Texans! And Mario Williams was the #1 overall pick who gets single blocked by TEs every week, but he looked great at the combine doing drills! Brilliant planning & decision-making guys. Your franchise is officially a laughing-stock around the NFL. The soggy grass turf at Reliant Stadium (retractable roof) is a joke too as both teams had footing problems all day. Par for the course.

eagles_victory
12-11-2006, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Vince Young = 6 wins in last 8 games.........
David Carr = 6 wins in last 29 games........
(yes, I know it is a team game, but...)

I am reminded of what Ohio State great Woody Hayes said when asked about the difference between winners and losers:

"At the pivotal moment, winners think back to the last time they were in this situation and what they did to win. Losers, on the other hand, think back to the last time they were in this situation and what led to their demise. That is why, for the most part, winners keep winning and losers keep losing. Its what you think about at that pivotal moment. I, for one, prefer to have those who are used to winning on my team. And the most valuable of all is that rare individual who can convince even those used to losing, that this time, winning is inevitable."

Way to go Houston Texans! And Mario Williams was the #1 overall pick who gets single blocked by TEs every week, but he looked great at the combine doing drills! Brilliant planning & decision-making guys. Your franchise is officially a laughing-stock around the NFL. The soggy grass turf at Reliant Stadium (retractable roof) is a joke too as both teams had footing problems all day. Par for the course.

the major think i agree with here is that it was dumb to pick Williams because of what he did at the combine the combine is so overrated. Is anyone talking about Vince Youngs wonderic or whatever its called test or his 40 time now... i dont know what his 40 time is but the texans can damn sure atest to the fact that his 39 yard dash is pretty good

Old Tiger
12-11-2006, 03:32 AM
I am glad Vince is in Tennessee

g$$
12-11-2006, 03:33 AM
Guy's a winner plain & simple. His 40 was never a question anyway (ran 4.57 at Pro Day, has been clocked in high 4.4s previously). His intellect was questioned (scored 5 & 15 on 2 Wonderlic Tests when perfect score is 40 & avg. intelligence is considered a 20), albeit unfairly. All he does is WIN & LEAD his team. VY instills BELIEF to everyone around him.

Are his stats great? NO
Is he a great passer? NO
Is he a phenomenal athlete? YES
Does he win & will he only get better? YES

Proof is in the pudding. Enough said.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-11-2006, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Guy's a winner plain & simple. His 40 was never a question anyway (ran 4.57 at Pro Day, has been clocked in high 4.4s previously). His intellect was questioned (scored 5 & 15 on 2 Wonderlic Tests when perfect score is 40 & avg. intelligence is considered a 20), albeit unfairly. All he does is WIN & LEAD his team. VY instills BELIEF to everyone around him.

Are his stats great? NO
Is he a great passer? NO
Is he a phenomenal athlete? YES
Does he win & will he only get better? YES

Proof is in the pudding. Enough said.

I agree, sometimes there are intangibles that you can't see in tests or at the combine, I think VY has those that great players are made of.

g$$
12-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I agree, sometimes there are intangibles that you can't see in tests or at the combine, I think VY has those that great players are made of.

Agreed, VY has all the intangibles that you cannot teach or coach. I have heard respected people like Kirk Herbstreit, Al Michaels, & the Fox Sunday NFL guys over the weekend make fun of the Texans & their picks. Just unbelievable how inept they have been now in their 5th year.

VY would have rejuvenated the whole city & franchise. On the field & off, he would have been worth the pick.

They deserve to be this bad right now after all the blunders. The fans of Houston will not put up with this much longer, I promise you that. The honeymoon is over.

g$$
12-12-2006, 06:33 PM
ttt