PDA

View Full Version : PudLugger...regarding your comment

wimbo_pro
12-10-2006, 09:54 PM
PudLugger...your comment about Wimberley coaches putting in players with concussions....let me clarify for you.

Mike Buse took himself out at about 2-3 minutes into the game. No one saw any particular hit, we still are having trouble seeing it on the tapes (his Dad's cam). Anyway, they checked him out very closely. "They" were the Neurologist (yes, an M.D.) and the trainer. He sat out the entire half, and they continued to check him out with various tests of his facilties, not to mention the pupil check and the other things MD's do. The coaches would NEVER put him back in without the M.D.'s OK...and I think this particular M.D. is a very good man and an independent voice on the field.

Mike did come back at the half and he did play, but was not much of a factor at that point though he did score one TD. I think they DID check him out very closely, and very thoroughly. But to be totally honest with you, I believe he did indeed have a concussion. I guess there is a grey area in symptoms and indicators...i dunno. I agree that concussions shouldnt be taken lightly.