PDA

View Full Version : LSU vs. Texas basketball Sun. 7:00 PM ESPN tv

g$$
12-10-2006, 07:11 PM
FYI

Should be a good one, game to be played in Houston.

Texas is very young, LSU is very good. See what happens...

maestro
12-10-2006, 10:35 PM
to call a timeout or not to call a timeout in the later stages of a game???

opinons anyone???

many now say let it play out.......

some say, call the t.o. and set it up for the best player.

ideas???

i.e. big baby did not get his touch at the end.....

$cooter!
12-10-2006, 11:37 PM
payback is a ----you know the rest. (remember last year???) :mad:

Bulldog_12
12-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Apparently LSU forgot how to defend the ball screen in four days. That was a pathetic showing by the tigers.

g$$
12-11-2006, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by maestro
to call a timeout or not to call a timeout in the later stages of a game???

opinons anyone???

many now say let it play out.......

some say, call the t.o. and set it up for the best player.

ideas???

i.e. big baby did not get his touch at the end.....

Just depends on so many things, but I like a timeout to get organized. If you have a veteran team & PG you may just keep playing, don't allow the other team to set-up too, etc. LSU did not show up tonight (esp. on defense), but give Texas credit too. Big Baby has to see the ball on that last possession, period. Poor all the way around right there.

18handicap
12-12-2006, 01:49 PM
You know I'm still not a happy camper about it. It's like the Aggies with Fran, they beat Texas and they are stuck with him. We are stuck with Brady because we went to the final four last year. I wanted him gone last year, and still am not happy with him. All I see is constant chewing out of players, and not giving anything positive to the team.

g$$
12-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
You know I'm still not a happy camper about it. It's like the Aggies with Fran, they beat Texas and they are stuck with him. We are stuck with Brady because we went to the final four last year. I wanted him gone last year, and still am not happy with him. All I see is constant chewing out of players, and not giving anything positive to the team.

You know, I agree with you on Brady. He looks like a slimy used car salesman too! Brady's quote after the game was something to the effect "so & so made one earlier, so why not try it again". Because your All American needs to touch the ball there Coach on the final possession! Good analogy on Fran. Take care.

Phil C
12-12-2006, 03:59 PM
This game should be an ESPN classic soon. Such excitement!

18handicap
12-13-2006, 04:43 PM
I was at the game, and really it was kinda quiet in the arena until the final 2 minutes and all of overtime. Then it was fun. The first 38 minutes, everyone was sitting on their hands.