PDA

View Full Version : Go Vernon Thread

Cameron Crazy
12-10-2006, 04:59 PM
GO LIONS....Good luck against Celina!!:clap:

Dominicfrank
12-10-2006, 05:13 PM
AWESOME, GO VERNON !!!!!!!!!!!! Celina better be ready !!!!!

Alaska cat
12-10-2006, 05:58 PM
One thing will be a fact, that high powered Vernon running backs 100 yard games are over, they are playng into Celinas strengths....better bring the ben gay too

Celina 42
Vernon 7

RMAC
12-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
One thing will be a fact, that high powered Vernon running backs 100 yard games are over, they are playng into Celinas strengths....better bring the ben gay too

Celina 42
Vernon 7

Nice. I really don't know which part is better. The worn out Ben Gay line or the 5 TD margin of victory.:rolleyes:

BobcatBenny
12-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Go Vernon! Go Vernon!

Goooo Veeerrrnnnooonnn!!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Saturday can't get here soon enough.

Ranger Mom
12-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
GO LIONS....Good luck against Celina!!:clap:

Nice thoughtful post without out all the smugness I have come to hate!!

(Not talking about you CC...some "others"!!)

lionfan
12-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Go Big V

coach
12-12-2006, 08:15 PM
im goin to jump on the band wagon and go for vernon bc im tired of hearin about celina this celina that...

mrescape43
12-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Vernon wins by 3.

DaHop72
12-12-2006, 08:47 PM

Celina 42
Vernon 7 What are your odds on the under 100 yards? I believe you might get some takers.:D :D

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Vernon wins by 3.
Next week will they have a basketball game or what? ;) :p

mrescape43
12-12-2006, 09:36 PM

Celina 42
Vernon 7

I think this guy has been smoking from halucinogenic peace pipe! :smoker:

mrescape43
12-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1

Only time will tell!

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 09:58 PM
I think we will just skip basketball and go straight to baseball. That way I can resume my golf career. :cool:

BreckTxLonghorn
12-12-2006, 11:38 PM
When/where is this game again?

fury900
12-12-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
When/where is this game again?

Game: Saturday at 4:00 PM
New Denton Football Complex
Celina is home team.

VERNONLION#1
12-13-2006, 12:07 AM

Yes. They are taking the day off to come watch you play:D

bobcat1
12-13-2006, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Yes. They are taking the day off to come watch you play:D :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

bobcat1
12-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Here Kitty Kitty Kitty.:D

Alaska cat
12-13-2006, 06:35 PM

Not sure but I think Vernon can join thebasketball season after next week a little later than therest:)

IHStangFan
12-13-2006, 06:55 PM
GO VERNON!!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Go Lions!

SWMustang
12-13-2006, 10:16 PM
put a whuppin' on 'em, Vernon.

Spaceman_Spiff
12-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Good Luck to the Vernon Lions...Z, what time are you going to arrive at the stadium? I've considered going to watch the game, just not sure yet. How is the HSU kid doing?

Alaska cat
12-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Head-on collision for Celina

Defense's ability to shut down running game faces a stiff test

10:20 PM Central Standard Time on Wednesday, December 13, 2006

By DAVID HINOJOSA / The Dallas Morning News

CELINA ¨C Celina senior defensive tackle Jamie Blatnick expects a huge clash ¨C actually many of them ¨C when his team faces Vernon in a Class 3A Division II semifinal Saturday in Denton.

"They like to play smash-mouth football, and that's not too far from home for us," Blatnick said. "We like hittin'. It should be fun to go out and knock heads a little bit."

Indeed, Celina (rushing defense) and Vernon (rushing offense) will be a matchup of strength vs. strength. Celina gives up an average of 62.5 rushing yards (150.6 total yards). Vernon accounts for 251.6 of its 322.6 total yards in rushing.

Celina has given up more than 100 yards twice this season. Two opponents have been held to negative rushing yards. Only one opposing player has had a 100-yard rushing game.

Celina has done its best work in the playoffs. Madison's Shawnbrey McNeal, Canton's Sam Buker and Brownsboro's Ricco Richards combined for 81 yards on 40 carries. This week's task is stopping fullback Aston Whiteside, who has three 200-yard games in the playoffs and 1,826 yards for the season.

The biggest difference is McNeal, Buker and Richards were pure speed rushers. The 6-2, 225-pound Whiteside, who is also a hurdler, blends power and agility. Whiteside has rushed for 744 yards and eight touchdowns in the playoffs.

"He can run over you, run around you and run through you," Celina coach Butch Ford said.

Still, Vernon's run-first philosophy should fit right into what Celina likes to do with its 10-1 defense. Celina likes to stack the line, using the defensive front to create penetration and let the linebackers and defensive backs swarm to the ball carrier.

"We need to get somebody on them, hold on and wait for the next guy and get to where we are all flying to the football," Celina senior linebacker Shane Sheffield. "That's how we like to play."

With their size, Blatnick (6-3, 245) and junior defensive tackle Troy Franklin (6-5, 245) will figure heavily in making Celina's swarming defense work against Vernon's Wing-T. Celina expects Vernon to attack straight ahead.

"Usually teams try to go outside on us," Franklin said. "If they go inside, it should be a good thing for us."

E-mail dhinojosa@dallasnews.com

BIG-TIME STOPPERS
Celina's last three playoff opponents featured productive running backs, but each time the defense was up to the challenge (with season average heading into Celina game):

Area round: Shawnbrey McNeal, Madison
Avg: 166.2.

vs. Celina: 22

Result: Celina 43, Madison 6

Regional semifinal: Sam Buker, Canton

Avg.: 92.3

vs. Celina: 35

Result: Celina 35, Canton 6

Regional final: Ricco Richards, Brownsboro

Avg.: 139.6

vs. Celina: 24

Result: Celina 35, Brownsboro 14

ORANGE CRUSH
Celina rushing defense has been the team's strength all season. How good is it? Consider these things:

¡ö Only two teams have rushed for more than 100 yards against Celina this season (Robinson, 176 yards and Whitesboro, 113 yards)

¡ö No running back has a 100-yard game. Robinson quarterback Randy Kitchens has the only 100-yard game combined passing and rushing this season.

¡ö Six opponents have less than 50 rushing yards including two below zero (Pilot Point, minus13 and Van Alstyne, minus 23).

BILLYFRED0000
12-14-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Nice. I really don't know which part is better. The worn out Ben Gay line or the 5 TD margin of victory.:rolleyes:

Yeah I would not go that far I was thinking 42 - 0.

Black_Magic
12-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Vernon does not try to get outside your D. to be able to contain runners from getting outside helps but Vernon Runs right at you.Maybe you can handle it. If you cant then you will see why they have advanced. Vernons D is good. not the best but is stingy. If you cant stop whitesides then the game is over. Period.

TheDOCTORdre
12-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Vernon does not try to get outside your D. to be able to contain runners from getting outside helps but Vernon Runs right at you.Maybe you can handle it. If you cant then you will see why they have advanced. Vernons D is good. not the best but is stingy. If you cant stop whitesides then the game is over. Period.
In a shocking suprise report: I agree with Blackie

BILLYFRED0000
12-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

Truthfully, I do not know how it will be. I do think Our O will be able to move and we will probably get two or three more stops.
Our district is a more smash mouth district and they could not run.

The store line is off. Jamie is at 250 and Troy is at 265. Those weights were last spring weights. This time last year Troy was at
225. He had a heck of a growth spurt from 6 3 to now 6 7. Jamie
is 6.3 and is the fastest and strongest of the lineman with several
4.7's recorded in practice and at camps this past summer.

Alaska cat
12-14-2006, 12:32 PM
If they run inside...he (they) are stopped, or at least handled...but then again, Whiteside alone wont be the lone reason if Vernon wins.

He wont be able to just run it down our throat guaranteed.

Only 2 teams have as much as 100 yards combined rushing...NO one single back has managed that so far.

If Whiteside does...my hats off to him

Alaska cat
12-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Oh...the reason people tried to run outside on us was because it was almost impossible to accomplish anything inside. They were met in the backfield.

Celina will control the line of scrimmage on D, they are extremely quick off the ball

Power runners have to get a head of steam up to do well. If they get hit when they get the ball they dont go to far....usually

If we can force them to 3rd and long and make them throw...game ,set ,match....

The safetys are pretty good what goes up..we will own 50% of coming down.

DaHop72
12-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Power runners have to get a head of steam up to do well. If they get hit when they get the ball they dont go to far....usually WOW, sheer genius.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Alaska cat
12-14-2006, 12:47 PM
just hide and watch....smash mouth football is our forte!!

TheDOCTORdre
12-14-2006, 12:48 PM
just hide and watch....
exactly what celina should do when they see Whiteside coming

DaHop72
12-14-2006, 12:49 PM
just hide and watch....smash mout football is our forte!! :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

BILLYFRED0000
12-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
exactly what celina should do when they see Whiteside coming

You got that wrong. We will be head hunting. We love a good physical game. The hats will be coming and the Cats will be flying
to the ball with one thing in mind. Destruction. Only last years squad hit better and harder. And Last years squad was the best
ever with 803 PF and 75 PA in a 16 game season.

Alaska cat
12-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Last years might have hit harder Fred...this years version is a LOT quicker, and still hit like a truck

DaHop72
12-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
You got that wrong. We will be head hunting. We love a good physical game. The hats will be coming and the Cats will be flying
to the ball with one thing in mind. Destruction. Only last years squad hit better and harder. And Last years squad was the best
ever with 803 PF and 75 PA in a 16 game season. And what was the Massey Rating for the teams you played last year??????

BILLYFRED0000
12-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
And what was the Massey Rating for the teams you played last year??????

We were ahead of them all season too. Pewitt had the best chance of the season and they were about 1 in 8.

2005 Celina Bobcats (16-0)
Celina, TX (Map)
Massey: 20
Offense: 31
Defense: 37
Schedule: 341
PF-PA: 803-75
Per Game: 50.2-4.7

As you can see we were rated slightly higher last year and in a hypothetical game against Wimberely or Tatum it was a toss up
by Massey's ratings with Wimberely having a 2 percent advantage
and Tatum a 2 percent disadvantage. Give or take.

VERNONLION#1
12-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Oh...the reason people tried to run outside on us was because it was almost impossible to accomplish anything inside. They were met in the backfield.

Celina will control the line of scrimmage on D, they are extremely quick off the ball

Power runners have to get a head of steam up to do well. If they get hit when they get the ball they dont go to far....usually

If we can force them to 3rd and long and make them throw...game ,set ,match....

The safetys are pretty good what goes up..we will own 50% of coming down.

You must of had a brain freeze again. Wait you have had quite a few this week. :D

DaHop72
12-17-2006, 01:19 PM

Celina 42
Vernon 7 :thinking: :thinking: Now just how many yards did he have Alaska cat?? And it doesn't matter at what point in the game or the score, he still stayed after it and did get over a 100.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :thinking: Now just how many yards did he have Alaska cat?? And it doesn't matter at what point in the game or the score, he still stayed after it and did get over a 100.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Come on Hop, you know a 45 yard run late in the 4th wouldn't have happened had the D not been on cruise control. The 23 yard gain to end the 1st half was meaningless because they didn't cross midfield and we were protecting deep. Take 68 yards off 107 and what do you have for the rest of the game? 39 The defense played great. :D

Snydertigersrul
12-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Come on Hop, you know a 45 yard run late in the 4th wouldn't have happened had the D not been on cruise control. The 23 yard gain to end the 1st half was meaningless because they didn't cross midfield and we were protecting deep. Take 68 yards off 107 and what do you have for the rest of the game? 39 The defense played great. :D :clap: :D :D

RMAC
12-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Come on Hop, you know a 45 yard run late in the 4th wouldn't have happened had the D not been on cruise control. The 23 yard gain to end the 1st half was meaningless because they didn't cross midfield and we were protecting deep. Take 68 yards off 107 and what do you have for the rest of the game? 39 The defense played great. :D

Well did they tackle him? By tackling him, they're saying, to me at least, "Hey, we care. We're trying to not going to let him score." If they tackled him, I don't think they were letting up.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Give it up to Whitesdie. He had over 100 yards rushing period. It doesn't matter when in the game. Fans got on here and said teams could not get a 100 yards rushing and Whiteside did. Give him some respect, obviously he has the best back you faced all year.

Snydertigersrul
12-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Give it up to Whitesdie. He had over 100 yards rushing period. It doesn't matter when in the game. Fans got on here and said teams could not get a 100 yards rushing and Whiteside did. Give him some respect, obviously he has the best back you faced all year.

Stats don't mean anything. Celina is playing next week, that is all that matters.

Ranger Mom
12-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Stats don't mean anything. Celina is playing next week, that is all that matters.

When some of the Celina faithful get on here and say there is NO WAY that Whiteside will rack up 100 yards against their defense....and then he DOES....then it does matter to the one's who had faith in his abilities and said he would.

This is has nothing to do with who won or lost!!

BobcatBenny
12-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Well, I've got to admit, we did spew a lot of stats last week! :(

WildTexan
12-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When some of the Celina faithful get on here and say there is NO WAY that Whiteside will rack up 100 yards against their defense....and then he DOES....then it does matter to the one's who had faith in his abilities and said he would.

This is has nothing to do with who won or lost!!

how does high school football playoffs NOT have something to do with winning vs. losin?

getting a 45yd run late in the 4th Qtr to get over 100 yds rushing when the game was already decided was NOT the point of the contest.....the final score was what counted....Celina was told they could not stop him - yet they did, for 85% of the game he was held in check, and in that 85% of the game Celina ran off and left em.....

I guess he can cut out his stats summary from the paper and put that in the trophy case?

Ranger Mom
12-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan
how does high school football playoffs NOT have something to do with winning vs. losin?

getting a 45yd run late in the 4th Qtr to get over 100 yds rushing when the game was already decided was NOT the point of the contest.....the final score was what counted....Celina was told they could not stop him - yet they did, for 85% of the game he was held in check, and in that 85% of the game Celina ran off and left em.....

I guess he can cut out his stats summary from the paper and put that in the trophy case?

Quit trying to spin it......some said he wouldn't get 100 yards in this game.....he did! It doesn't matter HOW he got it, the fact is, HE DID AFTER SOME SAID HE WOULDN'T!!

The fact that Celina won the game doesn't detract from the fact that Whiteside did what some of you said he wouldn't be able to do!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eagle 1
12-17-2006, 05:46 PM

The fact that Celina won the game doesn't detract from the fact that Whiteside did what some of you said he wouldn't be able to do!

Of course the fact that Whiteside rushed for more than 100 yards doesnt detract from the fact that Celina won.:cool:

WildTexan
12-17-2006, 05:57 PM
well whatever makes your heart warm to sleep at night....if you think those Vernon folks feel better losing but lettin the FB get 100 yds, so be it.....

I know I never said he would not get any particular yardage figure, but I did not believe he would run over the Celina defense, and he did not....if that is how it works is to berate the winning team for not totally shutting down every aspect of the opponent, even after the winning team beat their butts rather soundly still, then yes, I guess Vernon was successful....

as for me, I don't care if the guys get 3000 yds rushing if we still win the game....let LH get 400 yds of offense, but if Celina wins the game we still got the better end of the deal....(they won't get 400 yards - you can quote me on that this week)

talk about spinning it....those Region 1 losers will try anything to pretend they have some teams that can play in the big leagues.....the only good Region1 teams are in 5A, cause they come from the DFW area, where most of the top caliber football resides.....

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 06:07 PM

I believe I did say he was the best back we have seen. I was not really trying to say anything negative about him. I was trying to argue the point that our defense played great. I do get to compliment our team also don't I????:rolleyes:

Eagle 1
12-17-2006, 06:41 PM
I do get to compliment our team also don't I????

Not unless your in the "click".:rolleyes:

RMAC
12-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan
well whatever makes your heart warm to sleep at night....if you think those Vernon folks feel better losing but lettin the FB get 100 yds, so be it.....

I know I never said he would not get any particular yardage figure, but I did not believe he would run over the Celina defense, and he did not....if that is how it works is to berate the winning team for not totally shutting down every aspect of the opponent, even after the winning team beat their butts rather soundly still, then yes, I guess Vernon was successful....

as for me, I don't care if the guys get 3000 yds rushing if we still win the game....let LH get 400 yds of offense, but if Celina wins the game we still got the better end of the deal....(they won't get 400 yards - you can quote me on that this week)

talk about spinning it....those Region 1 losers will try anything to pretend they have some teams that can play in the big leagues.....the only good Region1 teams are in 5A, cause they come from the DFW area, where most of the top caliber football resides.....

She's not trying to take away from Celina winning. Good job. She's making a point and because along with the rest of the board won't bow down and call Celina God, you're getting mad. You guys won. Good job, y'all were the better team. And by you're saying that since they stopped him 85% of the game you're taking away from the Celina's defensive performance. Are you telling me that 85% is good enough for Celina's coaches? Are you saying that they only have to work hard for MOST of the game? I have yet to meet a coach in any sport that accepted less that 100%, and judging by the number of trophies Celina has, I HIGHLY doubt that the Bobcat's coaches are any different.

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 07:16 PM
You can rest assured that run did not make them happy. They were shall we say a little agitated giving up that early TD after the bad punt.

Rabbit'93
12-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Celina fans take a look at teh Le-Robinson post. you guys could learn a thing or two about how to be gracious in a winning effort. Hope your kids don't reflect your arrogance.

Alaska cat
12-17-2006, 08:11 PM

I give him credit where credit is due..he is one tough kid, actually though I think 40 of those yards...the td part came on a swing pass....kind of think that is passing yards actually, but they are registered as rushing so so be it...but what he did with it after he hit stride was amazing...sort of like a runaway bulldozer:")

Undoubtadly oneof the most powerfull backs in the state....If he gets a chance to get rolling

Although 140 lb 5'4 Brek Holman had him controled most of the day:)

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Celina fans take a look at teh Le-Robinson post. you guys could learn a thing or two about how to be gracious in a winning effort. Hope your kids don't reflect your arrogance.

Would you please not include everyone from Celina? I wish you would name who you make your comments to. I don't think I have been arrogant at all. If I have please point it out to me and I will apologize.

StreetBobcat
12-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Something is wrong with Vernon's team, because I can't believe that they could have possibly lost six games this year. They were too good of a team to have that record! The Whiteside kid was a very good brusing runner. By the way, how is his knee? He took a very hard block on the right knee from Troy McCarthy at the end of the game. Not being rude, seriously I hope he is alright!

Ranger Mom
12-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Would you please not include everyone from Celina? I wish you would name who you make your comments to. I don't think I have been arrogant at all. If I have please point it out to me and I will apologize.

If it means anything...I like ya!!:kiss:

JasonTX
12-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many fans were on Vernons side. I wasn't there and was curious to compare those who were at the Vernon Northside 6 man championship. The home side of Shotwell stadium was full. Too bad they couldn't have played these games on seperate days since they "share" the same fans.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Celina was the better team. No agrument out of me on that. We lost and I was sad. I wanted to win, I thought that we could win prior to the game, but Celina was better. No sour grapes. The Celina players won about as gracious as one could. Very respectful, a hand up to the Lion players after they blocked or tackled us. Great sportsmen.

That said, the quote on this board was that Whiteside would not get 100 yards against the Celina defense. He did. I don't care when he got them either. You play the entire game not 3 1/2 quarters. But to say the game was out away? That is disrespectful to Celina defense. Also I recall that it was a draw play out of the spread that he scored on not a pass.

Celina was a better team, but the Lions still produced a 100 yard rusher which a poster on this board said would not happen.

Like Celina, Vernon brings back a ton of starters next season.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by JasonTX
Just out of curiosity, how many fans were on Vernons side. I wasn't there and was curious to compare those who were at the Vernon Northside 6 man championship. The home side of Shotwell stadium was full. Too bad they couldn't have played these games on seperate days since they "share" the same fans.

We had a lot of fans there! When they announced the Northside score the entire side erupted in cheers. That was awesome.

75009Football
12-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Celina was the better team. No agrument out of me on that. We lost and I was sad. I wanted to win, I thought that we could win prior to the game, but Celina was better. No sour grapes. The Celina players won about as gracious as one could. Very respectful, a hand up to the Lion players after they blocked or tackled us. Great sportsmen.

That said, the quote on this board was that Whiteside would not get 100 yards against the Celina defense. He did. I don't care when he got them either. You play the entire game not 3 1/2 quarters. But to say the game was out away? That is disrespectful to Celina defense. Also I recall that it was a draw play out of the spread that he scored on not a pass.

Celina was a better team, but the Lions still produced a 100 yard rusher which a poster on this board said would not happen.

Like Celina, Vernon brings back a ton of starters next season.

Good lord children. Ya'll are arguing over three steps when AW was running. Our free safety had been a little busy earlier in the game.

"Free safety Dru Prosser, who doubled at quarterback when Seth Davis was sidelined with a stinger in his arm, threw a touchdown pass, rushed for another score, threw for a two-point conversion and kicked a 21-yard field goal – all in the second half.

Oh, and he converted an extra-point attempt."

I will you give him his due. He got three more steps on the FS to make the 108 yards. If our FS had not been so busy beating them in other areas there may not have been that 40 yard run but it happened. I will give him the eight if they will just quit arguing the point. We all should. They were a great team and should be proud of what they have accomplished this year.

If some team holds the Celina Bobcats to 127 total yards, I certainly will give them their due.

"Seth Davis played a big part in Celina's first score of the second half. After punishing runs of 19 and 16 yards, however, Davis had to leave the game for a short time after suffering a stinger. Prosser capped the drive with a 4-yard touchdown run.

Prosser added a 4-yard scoring pass to Steven McCain.

Davis returned late in the third quarter and had an 18-yard run. Prosser and Davis combined for 194 of Celina's 315 total yards."

I will be happy to trade the 3 strides for a 315:127 ratio every time. Wait a minute, that's exactly what we did.

Everyone live long and Pros_ _ _ (oops) flourish.

Rabbit'93
12-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by 75009Football
Good lord children. Ya'll are arguing over three steps when AW was running. Our free safety had been a little busy earlier in the game.
Sorry bobcat1....you're OK with me....it's guys like this one.:rolleyes:

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 10:32 PM
If it means anything...I like ya!!:kiss:
Aw Shucks! *blushes and kicks rocks*

bobcat1
12-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Sorry bobcat1....you're OK with me....it's guys like this one.:rolleyes: Thanks Rabbit'93, I don't like the cocky remarks either, but then I have respect for the game itself. I want to se a great game Saturday, not a blow out by either side. I like to be wore plum out when a game is over. ;)

DaHop72
12-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Now just how many yards did he have Alaska cat?? And it doesn't matter at what point in the game or the score, he still stayed after it and did get over a 100.

Dear WildTexan and Snydertigersrul, thanks for your comments that now align you with Alaska cat who made the 100 yard statment. You have know joined the group of posters who embarrass your towns by your constant arrogant posting whether it involves you or not. I know I for one am so proud to read the "I hate Snyder" comments after every Snydertigersrul post on this board. I would hope since you are an out of state move in yourself that the people of this board would start using the ignore button so they do not have to read the drivel that seems to constantly find its way here. And to the three of you "Thanks for playing".:hand: :hand::hand: :hand:

Butkus
12-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Well durned ifin it doesnt sound like them tiggers and bobcats dont have um a couple uh fine up standin citizens representin thar towns now dont it.:devil:

Fletch
12-18-2006, 06:08 PM
"Like Celina, Vernon brings back a ton of starters next season."

If #11 is coming back next season you might teach him a little respect for the Star Spangled Banner. He yelled, screamed, and gestured throughout the whole song.

Not cool for those who take our flag and country seriously.
:mad:

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Fletch
"Like Celina, Vernon brings back a ton of starters next season."

If #11 is coming back next season you might teach him a little respect for the Star Spangled Banner. He yelled, screamed, and gestured throughout the whole song.

Not cool for those who take our flag and country seriously.
:mad:

I would suspect the anticipation of the game and the atmosphere had him hyped up. I'm sure that he meant no disrespect. I did notice it too but I saw it near the end of the song. -- remember these are teenagers.

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Quit trying to spin it......some said he wouldn't get 100 yards in this game.....he did! It doesn't matter HOW he got it, the fact is, HE DID AFTER SOME SAID HE WOULDN'T!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last time I checked this was not a contest of what was said but of two teams on the field. I will give Aston his day. Nobody else showed up. And I am glad we took the knee at the end of the game. No need to rub it in.

Ranger Mom
12-18-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Last time I checked this was not a contest of what was said but of two teams on the field. I will give Aston his day. Nobody else showed up. And I am glad we took the knee at the end of the game. No need to rub it in.

Geez...do I HAVE to explain it like I am talking to a 4 year old.

Some of the Celina faithful said Whiteside WOULD NOT get 100 yard against the almighty Celina Defense....HE DID!

That was all we were saying....he did what some of yall said he WOULD NOT do!

THAT is all I am trying to get through some heads...nothing more, nothing less!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Argue it, spin it, whatever, all you want...if you can't understand that one SIMPLE fact, then you are called "Billy Fred" for a reason!!:D

bobcat1
12-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Geez...do I HAVE to explain it like I am talking to a 4 year old.

Some of the Celina faithful said Whiteside WOULD NOT get 100 yard against the almighty Celina Defense....HE DID!

That was all we were saying.... http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/omg_smile.gif http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/50_50.gif