PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from my Burnet Hangover!

cunbed10
10-01-2003, 08:56 AM
Yeah! we got our butts kicked pretty good, I left when the scoreboard reached 35 points, couldn't bare to watch my Bulldogs being handle like that. I underestimated Burnet, they came prepared, and our game plan didn't worked that night, but don't just count us out, I think Burnet has a good team, could possibly win state if everything goes in their favor, the most important thing I saw on Burnet side was team work, they worked together, as they came off the field, they huddled on the bench, both offense and defense, no individual superstars, like I thought, they really play together as a team. I don't think that Burnet is 29 points better than Marlin, I just think that this special group of kids are united like a fraternity, like a band of brothers, and they won't let anyone or thing come between them, so the lesson we should learn from this lose is no one individual is larger than the team, it's not the coaches fault, they came up with a plan, that wasn't effective, that night, Marlin has to unite, not just the team but,the whole community, you would not believe how divided this small town is, alot of it is race, and small town beliefs, Marlin is a town that is about 25 years behind in time, however football seems to bring the town together, but our kids have been exposed to the small town living for so long that it has rubbed off on them, this may result in alot of I, me, and not we or the team, Burnet has nice folk, and from the visit, it looks like a nice town, every one was very polite, Marlin on the other hand has alot of envy, angry, and no love for their neighbor sort of thing going on, this could be a better place to live if we get some new and fresh ideas from, younger generations, because if we continue to live like things were in the past, we will probably become a no horse town. To the Marlin Bulldogs, let's come together as a team, not individuals, and to the community, let's do just that, come together as a community, if this doesn't happen soon, I'm afraid that we will just fall by the wayside. This lose should pull us together and we still can get that state ring, now we know the bar has been set, and we must strive to attain that level, I for one, still say Marlin State Champs in 04'.

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: cunbed10 ]</small>

BIG19
10-01-2003, 09:07 AM
Welcome back from the dead.. wink Marlin is a good team, they just lack the togetherness as you stated. They will be ok, had one heck of a schedule thus far. Time to turn the corner and make the adjustments and then get with it. This Bulldog is behind you.

bd0707
10-01-2003, 09:25 AM
No reason to hang your head here Cunbed, Marlin will do very well through district, and by the end of district will realize their playoff potential. Good luck. Go Bulldog brothers.

cunbed10
10-01-2003, 09:45 AM
BIG19:
Welcome back from the dead.. wink Marlin is a good team, they just lack the togetherness as you stated. They will be ok, had one heck of a schedule thus far. Time to turn the corner and make the adjustments and then get with it. This Bulldog is behind you.Thanks big guy, it was a pleasure meeting you, like I said before, I will catch another Burnet game, Playoffs seems ideal, so keep me posted on your Bulldogs, and I will be chating with you.

BIG19
10-01-2003, 09:52 AM
When you want ot come back our way or to the playoff games, let me know and I will make sure you have a ticket waiting. Just have to do something about that jersey :D :D

Bandera YaYa
10-01-2003, 10:03 AM
Well, you have my respect....that was a great post! Hearing you talk about Burnet's team is exactly how we were last year...we played teams that should have beat us, but for some reason, did not..it just think it's destiny somehow, someway....

Good luck for the rest of the season, I know I'll hear great things about Marlin!! :)

Peace and Ya Ya !!

cunbed10
10-01-2003, 10:09 AM
Bandera YaYa:
Well, you have my respect....that was a great post! Hearing you talk about Burnet's team is exactly how we were last year...we played teams that should have beat us, but for some reason, did not..it just think it's destiny somehow, someway....

Good luck for the rest of the season, I know I'll hear great things about Marlin!! :)

Peace and Ya Ya !!Thanks Ya Ya, I'm running low on the purple stuff, you know that special potion of yours, may need a large amount, 3Oct03 is my birthday, and we got Ennis.

olddawggreen
10-01-2003, 10:28 AM
Hey cunbed10, I know you guys have had a tough start but I know you've got some great players and coaches. Im pulling for you guys in District. As you said, the guys just need to pull together and move on. Your team has my respect. Good luck!

HotDawg89
10-01-2003, 12:00 PM
Classy post Cunbed! Listen, don't for even a second think that Marlin is the only town who is behind the times in small town living. Burnet is the same way in many areas. I guess everyone is really. :) But during football season, I think we all are on our best behavior! JK!

JCM
10-01-2003, 12:29 PM
Not to worry Cunbed. Marlin will blow through district like hurricane Isabel. If the kids can keep their heads up and listen to the coaches, they will be fine. There is good and bad about small town living. I like to think that Burnet has more of the good than the bad.

CHS_Grad '85
10-01-2003, 03:38 PM
cunbed10 - totally understand... Cobia has battled that 'I' syndrome and is slowly making progress... I guess you could be describing my town for all I know... good luck... maybe I'll see ya 10/24...

Bandera YaYa
10-01-2003, 04:07 PM
cunbed10:

Bandera YaYa:

Peace and Ya Ya !!Thanks Ya Ya, I'm running low on the purple stuff, you know that special potion of yours, may need a large amount, 3Oct03 is my birthday, and we got Ennis.Well, for sure I am sending you some more of our mojo potion...and a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!
Hope you have a great one with a big victory over Ennis! Ya Ya!!

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>