PDA

View Full Version : Final Week in West Texas Regular Season

vet93
11-04-2002, 01:00 AM
There are some great matchups this week in West Texas. Some mean a playoff spot, some mean a district championship and some are just for pride. One marquee game is Ballinger vs. Wylie. This game is for the district championship but will have no bearing on the playoff seeding. Wylie is finishing strong as usual and Ballinger seems to be playing better than during the middle of the season. This should be a solid game with a packed house for the second year in a row to watch. The other game in district 6-3a that has meaning is Comanche vs. Clyde. Both of these teams have surprised some people. Look for Clyde to pull this one out and go to the playoffs. Perryton and Canyon play for the district championship this week. This could be a good matchup. I look for Perryton to come out on top. Here are my picks and what are your thoughts (last week 10 out of 11)?

Ballinger over Wylie (Wylie is favored to win and for good reason based on recent history. I have tried not to be a homer this year so please allow me this one game. I will take the Bearcats in an upset by 1)

Clyde over Comanche (I picked Clyde to take the #3 spot this year and if they take care of business they should beat the Indians...Clyde by 21)

Graham over Iowa park (both teams are in the playoffs so this is for the championship)
Greenwood over Pecos
Ft. Stockton over Kermit
Sweetwater over Seminole
Merkel over Lamesa (Should make the playoffs for the first time since the 60's)
Snyder over Denver City
Brady over Early
Vernon over Childress (Childress has played better toward the end of the year could be closer than expected)

Perryton over Canyon (Canyon has surprised some people this year by being more competitive than expected. They have the ability to give Perryton a good game)

tors2002
11-04-2002, 08:54 AM
Vet93, I agree with most of your picks. I am going to bet on the longshot this week to play the SPOILER and end a nightmare losing streak. I will pick Lamesa to uspet Merkel. I know they have been a bug dissappointment this year but 9 injured starters have really hurt them. They played a hell of a game Friday Night against Snyder. The score was 14-6 going into the 4th quarter. I think the Tors have decided to try and play stingy defense instead of trying to outscore their opponent due to the injuries on offense. Oh well, got to hope they pull off the upset. SOund kinda funny hoping Lamesa will "UPSET" Merkel, HUH.

wildstangs
11-04-2002, 09:57 AM
Ballinger upsets Wylie
Congrats Clyde, your going to the playoffs.
Graham over Iowa park
Greenwood over Pecos
Ft. Stockton over Kermit
Sweetwater over Seminole
Tors upset the Badgers
Snyder over Denver City
Brady over Early
Vernon over Childress