PDA

View Full Version : Giddings-LH aftermath

rb585
12-10-2006, 10:49 AM
It's a shame that LH's biggest win in history gets tainted by this ugliness. The good news is that LH has the chance to wipe that away by getting its biggest win in history next week. :)

Regardless, you hate to see coaches (winning and losing) whining about things after the game:

AAS link (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/12/10/10giddings.html)

I did like this quote -- "The purpose of the game is to score more points than your opponents, not to act like macho men," Vance said.

But I hate reading stuff like:

Giddings coach Derek Fitzhenry, the quarterback's dad, was angry about the play. Brock was not close to the player who was tackled, he said.

"It was a cheap shot," Derek Fitzhenry said. He declined to say which Panther made the hit.

The coach added that Liberty Hill players "taunted" Giddings throughout the game.

A fourth-quarter skirmish between opposing players resulted in two ejections. Both coaches blamed game officials for lack of control.

"I won't let the Houston chapter (of the Texas Association of Sports Officials) call a game for me again," Vance said.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 10:58 AM
couldn't agree more on that one

injuredinmelee
12-10-2006, 11:01 AM
there were some ejections in the L-E/Canyon game also. A L-E players wrestled a kid to the ground well after a play maliciously and tyhe Canyon player when he got up threw a punch. There was aanother ejection of a Canyon kid late in the fourth quarter but I didnt see what he did. I know there was talk on the sidelines about Canyon players kicking etc. I saw a couple of incidents but not anymore than I usually see in a game.

clemsmarina
12-10-2006, 11:13 AM
...after seeing his actions from early in the first qtr. through the end of the game, it is no wonder his players act the way they do.

The refs were the most useless bunch I have ever seen, and the majority of the blame should be on them.
Ever seen a referee pick up and carry the ball towards the chain for a measurement?

Now for a coach to start calling out teenage kids, that is one of the most immature things I have heard in a long time.

ILS1
12-10-2006, 11:17 AM

Giddings coach Derek Fitzhenry, the quarterback's dad, was angry about the play. Brock was not close to the player who was tackled, he said.

"It was a cheap shot," Derek Fitzhenry said. He declined to say which Panther made the hit.

The coach added that Liberty Hill players "taunted" Giddings throughout the game.

A fourth-quarter skirmish between opposing players resulted in two ejections. Both coaches blamed game officials for lack of control.

"I won't let the Houston chapter (of the Texas Association of Sports Officials) call a game for me again," Vance said.

Now you see where Brock gets his attitude from.

But what about these other quotes Coach Fitzhenry also said:

Fitzhenry said one fumble against his team — which resulted in a touchdown for Liberty Hill in the first half — was clearly a mistake because a TV replay indicated the ground caused the football to come loose.

The coach was proud of his team's fourth-quarter comeback, but he added that the Buffs could have won if all his starters played the entire game.

"We needed one more guy," Fitzhenry said.

Perhaps Brock Fitzhenry?

The coach nodded yes.

What a sore loser!!!!

:D :D

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Are you going to post pics?

ILS1
12-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Are you going to post pics?

Oh yeah,I almost forgot!!! After the game I was busy doing ALOT of laundry,paying bills and cleaning!!! Too much work and not enough time to do anything!!!

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey I was the closest to the pass bet we made :)

I said 7½ They through 6½ times in this game :)

clemsmarina
12-10-2006, 11:21 AM
# 7 (backup QB) played his butt off, and his own head coach gave him no credit for his stellar performance, against a team his own son was pounded by, and fumbled to multiple times!!!

Great game # 7!!!

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
# 7 (backup QB) played his butt off, and his own head coach gave him no credit for his stellar performance, against a team his own son was pounded by, and fumbled to multiple times!!!

Great game # 7!!! I agree!!! That kid should have been QB with Brock at one wing position devon at fullback and brandon at the other wing

ILS1
12-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Hey I was the closest to the pass bet we made :)

I said 7½ They through 6½ times in this game :)

I thought I was watching SLC play yesterday!!!!!

:D :D :D :clap: :clap:

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 11:25 AM
now that'd be a scary offense!

but in warm ups all i saw Giddings players doing is dropping passes from either QB.

or dropping/fumbling pitches on options.

something clearly had their heads out of this game IMO.

carter08
12-10-2006, 11:26 AM
Liberty Hill won
Good Job
Talk about next week
http://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/imwithcarter.gif

44INAROW
12-10-2006, 11:57 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight - but as an inpartial spectator - I do have this comment...... If the Giddings starting QB had a concussion (he left with 1:12 left in the 2nd quarter I think - he was limping off the field, not sure what that has to do with his head - but anyway) If his dad/coach was so concerned about his concussion - why was he continually jogging/running behind the team during most of the 2nd quarter? I'm just asking - maybe running is good for a potential head injury?

espn1
12-10-2006, 12:32 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight either, But the only thing that even made this game close was the horrible officiating. From the outside looking in I'm scoring it 80-20. The 80% going to Giddings for lack of composure. There's no room in High School Ball for that type of action. I'm not going to sugar coat things. I was disappointed in the Buffs Coaches actions. Kids will be kids. It's his job to control them. What I saw in the LH palyers is the same thing I'd do if someone attacked one of my family members. In that context I was impressed with the LH players protecting each other. Good luck in the next round and good luck next year Bufffs.

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Now you see where Brock gets his attitude from.

But what about these other quotes Coach Fitzhenry also said:

Fitzhenry said one fumble against his team — which resulted in a touchdown for Liberty Hill in the first half — was clearly a mistake because a TV replay indicated the ground caused the football to come loose.

The coach was proud of his team's fourth-quarter comeback, but he added that the Buffs could have won if all his starters played the entire game.

"We needed one more guy," Fitzhenry said.

Perhaps Brock Fitzhenry?

The coach nodded yes.

What a sore loser!!!!

I guess it's just sad that high school doesn't use instant replay. Although in this case it wouldn't have mattered. The fumble started 2 feet off the ground when our DE was reaching around to wrap up and popped the ball out of his hands.

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 12:44 PM
I still think the fight was the coolest thing I've ever seen in person :)

marlin fan
12-10-2006, 12:51 PM
I still think the fight was the coolest thing I've ever seen in person :) Yeah have to admit iv never seen a fight like that at agame!!! it was cool!! After this game i felt like i was the one out there on the field after all that cheering! What did i tell u LHPM!! I hate havin to play all 4 Quarters!!! Was Great t o see all of yall again and nice to Meet u p4s!

TexanAlum_06
12-10-2006, 02:12 PM
I have a hard time Believing that LH was taunting.... I have seen it before from them.. heard a lot of it form them in our game with them last year... But I have NEVER seen a more classless team then Giddings. expecially the QB. and as far as the coach.... he sounds like Pete Carroll or Matt Wheinart!! LOL.:D

Chopblock
12-10-2006, 02:25 PM
The Locke kiddo is a heck of an athlete, comes from an athletic family, his dad is also a pretty good coach
If I'm not mistaken the Locke kid was QB when he was in 7th grade before the Fitz family moved in

Dogman_1969
12-10-2006, 02:51 PM
I'd like to see the tape of the play where Fitzhenry was hurt. If it was a cheap shot then the LH staff should suspend the player. I'd also like to see the play where #44 broke for a touchdown and looked back and handsignaled to the chasing player. He was flagged for a personal foul by the referee at the goal line.

To a person who had no dog in the fight, I was not too impressed by the sportsmanship of either team. I saw numerous plays where I thought flags should have been thrown and weren't on both teams.

Bottom line is Lh moves on and Giddings goes to basketball......

buffalo booster
12-10-2006, 02:56 PM
I couldn't agree more. There is no place in high school football for players intentionally trying to hurt other players. LH did what it needed to do to win this game. However, the shot that took Brock out of the game was unnecessary. I respect the LH coaching staff, and do not believe that they would condone this.

halfnhalf
12-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Nothing really new, Giddings has gotten into many skirmishes on the field ever since I can remember. Got a lot of mouth. I remember a few years ago Giddings and Manor had one that cleared both sidelines.

whynot
12-10-2006, 03:12 PM
not sure what provoked the fight, but it was awesome. nothin like ol/dl sluggin it out on the ground. i was impressed with how fast giddings reacted though. but no matter, from what i saw of the game, brock gettin hurt actually helped us out. locke came in and in my opinion did a great job running the offense. the refs couldn't have been any worse, letting 2 very powerful and physical teams taunt and then react was ridiculous. never should have gotten that far. but locke did a great job, alan dock played a hell of a game, #44 for LH is a hoss, #20 did a great job. congrats to LH on the victory, hope to see the buffs play ya'll again next year, hopefully for state, but if not, at least deep in the playoffs. and to the buffs, keep your heads up, you had a hell of a season and should be proud.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Giddings ran their mouths and cheap shotted LH from the very first whistle.

and its obviously the first time any player on the Liberty Hill team had come across this bc we didn't handle it in the most proffessional way possible.

but agreeing with dogman, LH layed the wood to Giddings all day long and next week Hondo plays the Panthers and not the Buffs.

halfnhalf
12-10-2006, 03:29 PM
That Alan Dock guy sure does sound like the real deal, a stud on both sides of the ball.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I guess it's just sad that high school doesn't use instant replay. Is Someone complaining about the officiating?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-10-2006, 04:47 PM
[i]Originally posted by rb585 [/i

"I won't let the Houston chapter (of the Texas Association of Sports Officials) call a game for me again," Vance said. [/B] :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Is Someone complaining about the officiating?
Yes, they are. And my comment was regarding the person who was complaining about it....and was sarcastic in nature.

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2006, 04:51 PM
:thinking:
Read the entire article in the Austin American-Statesman. It's the first post on the below thread. It wasn't a Liberty Hill gripe, but from both sides.

click (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=56771)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by rb585

Regardless, you hate to see coaches (winning and losing) whining about things after the game:

Both coaches blamed game officials for lack of control.

Seems like there are other towns, besides B-ville that are complaning about officiating! The shoe is on the other foot!

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Seems like there are other towns, besides B-ville that are complaning about officiating! The shoe is on the other foot!
There are plenty of towns that complain about it. Most drop the complaints within a few hours of the end of the game.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There are plenty of towns that complain about it. Most drop the complaints within a few hours of the end of the game. There are plenty of towns that complain? Funny just a few weeks back you made it sound like only, B-ville fans were the only whiners.

rundoe
12-10-2006, 05:15 PM
But I have to say, that this one some of the worse i have ever seen in my life!!!!! I would conplaining that it was more like non-officiating than officiating. Cause there was none. Look at the picture of Sammy # 20 getting poked in the eye on his run that accompanied the Austin-American Statesman. There was no flag on that play or any of the other two face mask tackles I saw Giddings make right in front of an official.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Chopblock
The Locke kiddo is a heck of an athlete, comes from an athletic family, his dad is also a pretty good coach
If I'm not mistaken the Locke kid was QB when he was in 7th grade before the Fitz family moved in

Any giddings fans know anything about the offer Fitz had from a bigger school for next year?

whynot
12-10-2006, 06:36 PM
don't know anything about any offers, but i know fitz didn't have a concussion. and nobody got thrown out of the game because of the fight, just offsetting personal fouls. don't know where ya'll came up with some of that but it's not right.

CHS_CG
12-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Giddings is in Caldwell's district and I have seen them many times. More times than not, if things arent going in favor of Giddings they will start playing dirty and whinning to the refs. I have seen it time and time again. Bottom line is LH was the better team NOT Giddings. I dont wanna hear "oh well if so and so wouldnt have gotten hurt " BS.. if you are a team then you can over come crap like that.

pirate4state
12-10-2006, 07:26 PM
There are plenty of towns that complain? Funny just a few weeks back you made it sound like only, B-ville fans were the only whiners. Some teams just go on & on about it for WEEKS. I'm just saying.

44INAROW
12-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by whynot
but i know fitz didn't have a concussion. don't know where ya'll came up with some of that but it's not right.

this is where I came up with that..

Originally posted by Pudlugger
Brock got what sounds like a concussion in the second quarter. His father did the right thing to keep him out after that. Some coaches apparently feel it is okay to just keep playing a kid who's bell has been rung loudly (Wimberley). A State Championship is not worth losing your kid.

Originally posted by whynot
and nobody got thrown out of the game because of the fight, just offsetting personal fouls. don't know where ya'll came up with some of that but it's not right.

The AAS stated there were 2 ejections after the fight.... that and 10,000 folks witnessing it might be where they are coming up with that......

whtfbplaya
12-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by rb585
It's a shame that LH's biggest win in history gets tainted by this ugliness. The good news is that LH has the chance to wipe that away by getting its biggest win in history next week. :)

AAS link (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/12/10/10giddings.html)

I did like this quote -- "The purpose of the game is to score more points than your opponents, not to act like macho men," Vance said.

Wow some very classless quotes by Fitzhenry.

Bandera YaYa
12-10-2006, 09:23 PM
OMG that coach is immature....no wonder they lost! :rolleyes:

buff4ever
12-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Congratulations to LH, they deserve to move on to the semis.

About all this other crap you guys are talking about? The officiating was horrible at controlling this game, there were not any holding calls on either side, which you really have to question given these two teams and the fact that I saw some on both sides. But as for this board I don't think you will hear giddings complaining about the refs (atleast not for the reason we lost the game). We can all agree that the refs were horrible, but other than some dumbass remarks by an upset coach in the paper, you haven't heard us blame the refs. I actually haven't heard anyone blame the refs for this loss at all. We totally blame ourselves.

Do we think we can beat LH, YES, on that given sat. though we got beat. Whether it was us or LH that beat us or a combination of both, IT DOESN'T matter. LH is a great ball club that deserves this opportunity (GO BEAT THE OWLS).

Sorry the game got the way it did. Despite what some people would try and lead people to believe, we haven't had a game like this all year (with unsportsmanlike activities).

To be honest I don't know what the brat from caldwell is talking about, they haven't beat us very much in the last twenty years, so I don't know when she would have seen us down and unsportsmanlike. OH WELL?

Once again congratulations Panthers.

And yes Locke showed a lot of heart to step out there in that situation and play the way he did. He showed no quit and an extreme amount of determination. The whole team showed a lot of heart and no quit as well. The boys did not play their best game, but refused to crawl into a whole to hide from it. To the seniors great season, to the rest, take this bad taste in your mouth to next year and play with the same heart and determination you played with in the second half.

Old Tiger
12-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever

Do we think we can beat LH, YES, on that given sat. though we got beat. Whether it was us or LH that beat us or a combination of both, IT DOESN'T matter. LH is a great ball club that deserves this opportunity (GO BEAT THE OWLS).

Matt Leinart after USC loss to Texas?

Sorry the game got the way it did. Despite what some people would try and lead people to believe, we haven't had a game like this all year (with unsportsmanlike activities).

Oh yea?

Pudlugger
12-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
this is where I came up with that..

The AAS stated there were 2 ejections after the fight.... that and 10,000 folks witnessing it might be where they are coming up with that......

The business about the concussion was my error. The radio announcer (I was listening to the game)said that Brock got "shook up" on a hit during the last kickoff in the second quarter. They also noted he was on the sidelines still suited up in the third. If he had an ankle, knee or shoulder injury he would have had his pads off and probably in the case of ankle or knee would have been sitting down. I made the erroneous assumption from this that getting "shook up" was a concussion. Sorry, I'll be more careful next time. LH was the better team Saturday, and I didn't see the fight so I have nothing to say about that.

firstcat
12-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
Yeah have to admit iv never seen a fight like that at agame!!! it was cool!! After this game i felt like i was the one out there on the field after all that cheering! What did i tell u LHPM!! I hate havin to play all 4 Quarters!!! Was Great t o see all of yall again and nice to Meet u p4s!

Hey! I gave you the Panther T and you can't even say nice to meet MEEEE?????????:weeping: :weeping:

CHS_CG
12-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
Hey! I gave you the Panther T and you can't even say nice to meet MEEEE?????????:weeping: :weeping:

i think it was great to meet you!!!!!

WHO YOU ROOTIN FOR?

LHHS!!!!

DaHop72
12-11-2006, 01:45 PM
[i]
To be honest I don't know what the brat from caldwell is talking about, they haven't beat us very much in the last twenty years, so I don't know when she would have seen us down and unsportsmanlike. OH WELL?

[/B] :eek: :eek:

CHS_CG
12-11-2006, 01:46 PM

FIRST OF ALL do not call me a brat. You know nothing about me so you have no right to call me a brat. Second of all, I am not the only one that knows Giddings plays dirty and whines about plays. I have seen it before, just bc you are all high and mighty about beatin Caldwell doesnt mean I havent seen you play other teams before. If you wanna start gettin personal towards me then take it up with me in a PM if not.. keep my name (or any reference to me out of your mouth) I have no problem debating this topic but I wont have you callin me some damn childish name. I see what I see in your games and if you wanna deny it then thats your problem but many others have seen it to.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
FIRST OF ALL do not call me a brat. You know nothing about me so you have no right to call me a brat. Second of all, I am not the only one that knows Giddings plays dirty and whines about plays. I have seen it before, just bc you are all high and mighty about beatin Caldwell doesnt mean I havent seen you play other teams before. If you wanna start gettin personal towards me then take it up with me in a PM if not.. keep my name (or any reference to me out of your mouth) I have no problem debating this topic but I wont have you callin me some damn childish name. I see what I see in your games and if you wanna deny it then thats your problem but many others have seen it to.

Get 'em. :thumbsup:

halfnhalf
12-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Nicely put

Bull19
12-11-2006, 04:30 PM
EVERYONE NEEDS TO DROP IT ABOUT THE HIT ON FITZHENERY. ITS FOOTBALL. LETS THE BOYS PLAY.

carter08
12-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
EVERYONE NEEDS TO DROP IT ABOUT THE HIT ON FITZHENERY. ITS FOOTBALL. LETS THE BOYS PLAY.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Oh my goodness
I actually agree with you

Thats a first

marlin fan
12-11-2006, 04:32 PM
it was cool but i couldnt enjoy the most important part of the game due to all the LH cheering!! :o

CHS_CG
12-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
it was cool but i couldnt enjoy the most important part of the game due to all the LH cheering!! :o

WHO YOU ROOTIN FOR??

LHHS

LIKE THAT

marlin fan
12-11-2006, 05:19 PM
WHO YOU ROOTIN FOR??

LHHS

LIKE THAT and and 1 2 3... FIRST DOWN!! BTW LH PANTHER MOM! :nerd:school song and fight song were GREAT!!!!:p

tigerpride_08
12-11-2006, 05:25 PM
im not surprised to hear about ejections and Giddings temper...i knew it would come back to haunt them...

buff4life
12-11-2006, 06:14 PM

hey little lady...you want to talk about Giddings being classless....how bout this year when a player from Caldwell had a razor on the field and cut our fullback in a pile...what is your defense for that...it was Giddings' fault for talking crap or wut>???

what about a few years ago when our fieldhouse got spray painted by some caldwell kids.....wow Giddings is really the bad one

clemsmarina
12-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
hey little lady...you want to talk about Giddings being classless....how bout this year when a player from Caldwell had a razor on the field and cut our fullback in a pile...what is your defense for that...it was Giddings' fault for talking crap or wut>???

what about a few years ago when our fieldhouse got spray painted by some caldwell kids.....wow Giddings is really the bad one

"Remember when..." Dang good song!

WO-S 89
12-11-2006, 08:55 PM
In the WO-S/Giddings game the Big Fullback was ejected for throwing a punch at a WO-S player. Good luck Liberty Hill

buff4life
12-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by WO-S 89
In the WO-S/Giddings game the Big Fullback was ejected for throwing a punch at a WO-S player. Good luck Liberty Hill

nope sorry your wrong....the corner was thrown out for retaliating to a WOS player that was kicking him

charlesrixey
12-11-2006, 10:00 PM
This came from CHS grad:

Giddings is in Caldwell's district and I have seen them many times. More times than not, if things arent going in favor of Giddings they will start playing dirty and whinning to the refs. I have seen it time and time again. Bottom line is LH was the better team NOT Giddings. I dont wanna hear "oh well if so and so wouldnt have gotten hurt " BS.. if you are a team then you can over come crap like that.

I couldn't agree more.

Celina lost their starting qb and the backup played his butt off....

Congratulations to Liberty Hill

CHS_CG
12-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
This came from CHS grad:

I couldn't agree more.

Celina lost their starting qb and the backup played his butt off....

Congratulations to Liberty Hill

Actually it was me.. not CHS_Grad lol

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2006, 10:23 PM

So was the kid arrested for bringing a razor on the field? OR is this one of those urban legends

CHS_CG
12-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
So was the kid arrested for bringing a razor on the field? OR is this one of those urban legends

well considering i would have heard about somebody gettin arrested.. im pretty sure its one of those urban legends

buff4life
12-11-2006, 11:24 PM
well considering i would have heard about somebody gettin arrested.. im pretty sure its one of those urban legends

yup..thatz why our fullback still has the cut on his leg today...

c-town_balla
12-11-2006, 11:45 PM
cuts happen in football......i have several..............never seen a razor tho

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2006, 11:48 PM
yup..thatz why our fullback still has the cut on his leg today...

So then why was there not an arrest?

I still have a scar from a cut that was from the edge of a helmet