PDA

View Full Version : Wow.....I bet this kid feels good about himself...(merged)

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 01:47 AM
ROUND ROCK — Instead of congratulating his team on an impressive playoff victory, Liberty Hill football coach Jerry Vance ripped his players for poor behavior.

Vance was not a happy camper after the Panthers wrapped up a 35-28 victory over previously unbeaten Giddings on Saturday afternoon at Round Rock ISD Stadium.

"The purpose of the game is to score more points than your opponents, not to act like macho men," Vance said.

Liberty Hill (11-2) will face Hondo (14-0) in a Class 3A state semifinal game next week.

Aside from some lapses in composure, the Panthers played a terrific game. Carried by running back Doug Allman, who gave piggy-back rides to the Buffaloes all afternoon, the Panthers led 28-0 after three quarters, and withstood a frantic Giddings rally.

Allman scored a pair of touchdowns, rumbling for 165 yards on 28 carries. His 19-yard run on a critical third-down play in the final minute allowed the Panthers to run out the clock.

When a bystander suggested to Allman that he carried the team, he quickly responded, "Nah, my offensive line carried me."

Liberty Hill took advantage of three Giddings fumbles, converting all three into touchdowns.

Giddings (13-1) scored on the first play of the fourth quarter when All-State senior Alan Dock picked up an offensive fumble and rambled 81 yards for a touchdown.

After Giddings defensive lineman Michael Robinson recovered a Panther fumble a minute later, Dock hauled in a 41-yard touchdown pass from backup quarterback Jonathan Locke. In a span of 57 seconds, Liberty Hill's 28-0 lead had been whittled to 28-14 with 10:47 to go.

Another touchdown by Allman, increasing the lead to 35-14, gave the Panthers some breathing room.

The Buffaloes would add two more scores in the closing minutes of the fourth quarter, including a 29-yard touchdown catch by Bill Lawhorn, with 1:16 to go, but they would never catch the Panthers.

Giddings' big comeback came with its leader, quarterback Brock Fitzhenry, missing the entire second half with a knee injury. The Central Texas rushing leader with 2,814 yards, Fitzhenry was hurt on a kickoff in the final 19 seconds of the first half.

Giddings coach Derek Fitzhenry, the quarterback's dad, was angry about the play. Brock was not close to the player who was tackled, he said.

"It was a cheap shot," Derek Fitzhenry said. He declined to say which Panther made the hit.

The coach added that Liberty Hill players "taunted" Giddings throughout the game.

A fourth-quarter skirmish between opposing players resulted in two ejections. Both coaches blamed game officials for lack of control.

"I won't let the Houston chapter (of the Texas Association of Sports Officials) call a game for me again," Vance said.

Derek Fitzhenry said the officials did a "poor job" for both sides.

Fitzhenry said one fumble against his team — which resulted in a touchdown for Liberty Hill in the first half — was clearly a mistake because a TV replay indicated the ground caused the football to come loose.

The coach was proud of his team's fourth-quarter comeback, but he added that the Buffs could have won if all his starters played the entire game.

"We needed one more guy," Fitzhenry said.

Perhaps Brock Fitzhenry?

The coach nodded yes.

This marked the second straight season the Buffaloes have been eliminated in the quarterfinal round. Brock Fitzhenry rushed for 51 yards on eight carries before leaving the game before halftime.

Allman said he is happy to be playing Hondo in the semis. He doesn't hold a grudge against Wimberley — the team Hondo knocked off Friday — but, "We want to beat another unbeaten team."

Liberty Hill will get that chance.

theyoefnshow
12-10-2006, 01:48 AM
While everyone else is saying what a good job Giddings' #7 Locke did, his own coach wasn't quite satisfied. In the Austin 360 write up, not only does he (Giddings head coach Derek Fitzhenry) say they should've won the game, he called the Panther's out on cheap shots along with poor officiating....he also states that had his son been in the game, they would still be playing. Way to boost up the ol morale there coach.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 01:49 AM
right there with you!

CLASSLESS

setxsports
12-10-2006, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
While everyone else is saying what a good job Giddings' #7 Locke did, his own coach wasn't quite satisfied. In the Austin 360 write up, not only does he (Giddings head coach Derek Fitzhenry) say they should've won the game, he called the Panther's out on cheap shots along with poor officiating....he also states that had his son been in the game, they would still be playing. Way to boost up the ol morale there coach. Pitiful!!! They should have lost last week.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 01:56 AM
im sorry. yes LH did respond...once ( IMO ) to a giddings player.

but that coach should sit his son down...and his whole dang team in my opinion and point out to them all the times that they cheap shot, late hit, and just down right talked you know what to each and everyone of our players!

yes the refs let it get out of hand but when a whole entire team is doing it from the start of the game...its gonna be a very hard task to keep them in check!

thats just me...

setxsports
12-10-2006, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
im sorry. yes LH did respond...once ( IMO ) to a giddings player.

but that coach should sit his son down...and his whole dang team in my opinion and point out to them all the times that they cheap shot, late hit, and just down right talked you know what to each and everyone of our players!

yes the refs let it get out of hand but when a whole entire team is doing it from the start of the game...its gonna be a very hard task to keep them in check!

thats just me... Your right. They did the same thing against WOS.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 02:00 AM
did they really?

i dont mean to kick any person when they are down but man...ive been around a ton of high school footballs games in the past oh...ten years...and i have never once seen anything like that at all!

it was very clear that they did not know how to respond to the fact that thier season was going to end today..

setxsports
12-10-2006, 02:03 AM
One of the Giddings players was even ejected against WOS, I can't believe their (Giddings) coach said that in the writeup (well yes i can).:rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 02:08 AM
seee thats what made me actually say something.

bc there really is no excuse for a LH player to do that at all.

or any player for that matter.

but for a coach to go out and cry wolf? then pull a pete carroll and matt leinert?? :confused:

haha. its all good though..thank god its only high school football right??

setxsports
12-10-2006, 02:10 AM
:) yup.

eagles_victory
12-10-2006, 02:15 AM
giddings coach is classless this sounds like something a small child says after getting beat on Madden "I only lost b/c my qb was hurt" nominate this guy for the just shut up award. You have your starting quarterback on kickoff maybe you should look in the mirror about why he got hurt

Stownhorse
12-10-2006, 03:01 AM
Man that article is STUPID, its just a big brag-fest by both teams and a excuse parade for Giddings.

Ranger Mom
12-10-2006, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
giddings coach is classless this sounds like something a small child says after getting beat on Madden "I only lost b/c my qb was hurt" nominate this guy for the just shut up award.

Maybe it's because I am extremely tired....but at 2:07 in the morning, this struck me as extremely funny!!:clap: :clap:

JR2004
12-10-2006, 03:25 AM
The guy is not only a coach, but he's the FATHER of the player that got injured. He reacted in the heat of the moment. For crying out loud he's hacked because it's HIS KID that got hurt. If he feels that cost them the game then that's his perogative to think so. It may have, it may not have. No one will ever know for sure.

I dare say that more than a few people on this board, had they been in his shoes at that very moment, would've been quoted saying some similar comments at that exact moment.

DU_stud04
12-10-2006, 04:20 AM
"When a bystander suggested to Allman that he carried the team, he quickly responded, "Nah, my offensive line carried me." "

i love that quote

:D

wooden bear
12-10-2006, 05:00 AM
yall are all dumb ck doh yeg

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 05:26 AM
Somebody email Mike & Mike that article and nominate him on national television

rundoe
12-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by wooden bear
yall are all dumb ck doh yeg

Can someone put a muzzle on this guy???

bulldogman06
12-10-2006, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
"When a bystander suggested to Allman that he carried the team, he quickly responded, "Nah, my offensive line carried me." "

i love that quote

Me too, great, great quote. I love it when the backs credits the Oline for the game, showin some love for the unheralded workers

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Me too, great, great quote. I love it when the backs credits the Oline for the game, showin some love for the unheralded workers It's all about the big hog mollies up front!

bobcat1
12-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Man I feel sorry for Brock. His dad pretty much just put the loss on him. :tongue: Poor kid.

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 07:12 AM
You should of saw the way Coach Fitzhenry was acting during the game. It was rediculous!!!! About 3-5 times he was on the field past the numbers and in once instance he was in the middle of the field!!!! No sideline warnings were issued!!!! Like father like son I would say. Fitzhenry's little attitude problem yesterday reflects how Brock plays with his attitude and all that good stuff.

rundoe
12-10-2006, 07:12 AM
MY hat is off to all the PANTHERS!!!! You have heard me repeat this seveal times on here, buts it time once more.

Before the season even started the team decided that they were PANTHERS!!! They play as a team, they live as a team, they win and lose as a team.

The players and coaches have earned the respect that no one gave them all year long, and they did it on thier own. I love em all. They make me proud to be a part of this community and a life long fan.

GO PANTHERS!!!!